Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:41:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wirex- Bitcoin Debit Card | Buy Bitcoin | Mobile Banking | Send Money  (Read 69310 times)
Wirex-E-Coin

Activity: 365
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 06:57:38 AM

Hi all and have a nice day!

@SERVERIA and @polancoroberto
your issues were solved. For more details please check the answers in your tickets.

@AtraxPool
You are welcome! Smiley

Lana,
Customer Service at Wirex Limited
Pils

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:17:54 AM

2) The other pending deposit of 0.001 under ticket id 212906 has been marked as successful on my Wirex events page, but has NOT been added to my BTC wallet. My total BTC wallet balance is 0.007617 and it should now be 0.008617. Simple maths. I have replied to this ticket stating that but received no update on the progress of this ticket since it was first assigned to an agent yesterday.

Thank you for the ticket ID, your ticket in work now, please wait for the resolution.

3) My issue being unable to use the card on ebay is NOT resolved (id 211719). It was closed automatically without being looked at. This has royally pissed me off. I have received a notification this morning that this ticket has now been assigned after I replied to the automated email yesterday saying it was not solved. This has cost me 2 days sat here expecting my issue to be looked at, when in reality it never even hit a monitored inbox in the first place.

Your ticket was auto-closed as you chose one of the suggested automatic answers and was reopened after your next message.
For now, your ticket is closed with the answer of our support agent. If your issue wasn't solved you need just to answer on this message and ask for additional help.
As I can see the agent provide the correct article with the reason why your card payment can get declined: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001351885-5-reasons-Why-your-Wirex-card-can-get-declined
Please check the article and answer to the support agent.
The most usual issue is your card billing address not match the billing address in your merchant. And also the agent is right that verification is recommended as sometimes our bank can block some suspicious transactions for unverified cards. Your transaction is Paypal payment with unverified card that can be suspicious for our bank.
In other words, verification and matching the billing address solves 99% issues with online payments. The more detailed reason of rejection you can receive by asking the merchant.

In regards to the above:

I still haven't received my 0.001 to my balance. I realise its only a small amount, and now much smaller than when I deposited it, but I would still like it.

My billing addresses are 100% correct between Wirex, PayPal and eBay. I needed to make this payment quickly, though that window has now passed, so verification is irrelevant. I was testing things out to see if I was going to use (and recommend) the service.

I still fail to understand how my transaction which is within your advertised limits for unverified accounts can be deemed suspicious. You need to advertise exactly what amount it is possible to spend on ebay with the card in a single transaction. Without this information the card is useless for ebay purchases. What can be spent without it seeming suspicious to the bank? I know they can take $1, but that's a bit shit really isn't it?

I still only have your word to say that it will work if I was to verify with the bank. I placed my trust in the limits stated on the site that said I could make single ePOS transactions of $800 from an unverified account. Why should I now believe you and send you my personal information when you have so far only shown me that I cannot trust what I was told when signing up? Its a very odd situation, are you saying that the advertised limits are irrelevant as unverified cards are treated with such prejudice that you cant actually spend anything on them anyway? If paypal will not process unverified virtual card payments within advertised limits then who will? Where can I actually spend my money and how much of it am I allowed to spend at once?

So, for a TL:DR...

1) How much can I actually spend in a single ePOS transaction on this card when it is unverified?

2) Can I use an unverified virtual card on eBay at all without verifiying and if so how much can I spend?

3) Can I use an unverified virtual card via a paypal payment processor without it being verified and if so how much can I spend?

3 simple questions to which answers should be plainly displayed on your website. Can you answer them? If you can't then the unverified Wirex virtual card service isn't really useable.

Thank you for taking the time to speed up my support tickets and answer my posts, I appreciate the response.
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 11:07:54 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2017, 11:21:07 AM by Wirex-E-Coin

Hello Pils,

I have already provided you the answers above and can only repeat them again.

Your ticket in work and if you have any additional questions you can ask them in your ticket. There is no sense to duplicate the same messages about your deposit issue in the ticket and in this thread at the same time.
As for your question about limits for unverified cards I also have already provided the detailed explanation that your payment is Paypal payment and you need to verify your account.

May I ask you – if you are trying to use Paypal have your read our FAQ about Paypal: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000599249-FAQ-about-PayPal ?
“Q. I want to link your card to PayPal, how can I do that?
A. Please find the detailed instructions in this article. Make sure your card is verified.”

As for your direct questions:
1)   How much can I actually spend in a single ePOS transaction on this card when it is unverified?
You can find the limits for unverified cards here: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001824585
Maximum transactions value is 800 USD/EUR/GBP

2) Can I use an unverified virtual card on eBay at all without verifying and if so how much can I spend?
No, you can’t as it is a Paypal transaction, not a usual online payment. Looks like in some cases such transaction can go through for some users (maybe it depends on the country), but our bank can block them as suspicious.
Just to clarify – card transactions are the responsibility of our card issuing bank and we don’t have access to regulate what card transactions they can state as suspicious for unverified cards.

3) Can I use an unverified virtual card via a paypal payment processor without it being verified and if so how much can I spend?
The same answer as in your second question - No, you can’t.

To make a long story short – You can use the unverified card to spend 800 USD/EUR/GBP for usual online purchases in any online shop, but you need to verify your card to ensure the payment through Paypal will pass successfully.

Hope it helps.

P.S. Our verification process is pretty fast now and I can help you to speed up this process to 1-2 days if you need.

Lana,
ustradebitcoin

Activity: 287
Merit: 251

I will buy your altcoin leave me a msg .

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2017, 01:29:57 PM

I cant find any trusted member to exchange my bitcoin the alternative its to get one or  multiple  card, How many cards i can have?

Is it posible to withdraw 8000US/per day

my fund are from some domain names i sold.

Thanks for your reply
Pils

Activity: 23

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 08:00:55 PM

Thank you Michael for making that clear. This information regarding payments processed by PayPal is not stated on your site, the verification FAQ specifically states loading or unloading into a PayPal account requires verification which I took to mean adding or withdrawing from my PayPal balance to or from the card. It is not made clear anywhere that this includes debit card transactions simply processed by PayPal. If this was made clear on your site then I would not have even registered with Wirex as all I wanted the card for at the time was to buy from eBay.

One final question if I may, is PayPal the only common processor for online payments that users of unverified cards should avoid or are there others you know of which are also highly likely to trigger the suspicious payment flag?

I will watch this post and consider verifying the card for use in the future, not being able to use the card for PayPal processed payments would present serious limitations in use so verification is basically a requirement for virtual cards.
warningsigns

Activity: 896
Merit: 1082

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:21:56 PM

I cant find any trusted member to exchange my bitcoin the alternative its to get one or  multiple  card, How many cards i can have?

Thanks for your reply

No, the limit is USD 2k per day. You could ask family members to apply for the card, fully verify their accounts and they can withdraw on your behalf. Nothing illegal or against the rules with that. However it is not possible for you to apply for multiple MyChoice cards of the same currency. And even if you apply for different currencies, the limit is shared by all cards and consolidated in one single limit of USD 2k. I'm not sure if the new contactless card allows one person to apply for several cards with independent limits per card. I doubt it.

An alternative is to trade your coins on an exchange such as Bitstamp or Kraken and withdraw your money to your bank account.

AtraxPool

Activity: 84
Merit: 12

Block Hunting

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 12:45:40 AM

I cant find any trusted member to exchange my bitcoin the alternative its to get one or  multiple  card, How many cards i can have?

Thanks for your reply

This is a good GREAT! service I would advise become verified first before trying to cash that kind of money out but I am sure you could get 8k no problmes with wirex not all in one day I don't think though not sure ATM's can dish out that kind of money in a day to one account.

But do get verified first to save any hassle later down the line when you hit your limit.

Verified Limits are here -  https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001789829-Wirex-verified-account-limits

Plus your better not trying to trust members on the forum to be honest this place has taken a bad turn somewhere down the line and as far as I can see there are scammers here with high ranking account ready to rip people off at every turn.

Wirex use MyChoice corporate  [ https://mychoicecorporate.com/   ]  For there cards which is a really big big company in the card issuing world (I did some research) So there credentails are valid and they can be trusted with you money.

Send them a quick support ticket if you need more info oh any there app is fantastic easy to use to deposit. Exchange and admin your accounts and submit tickets to the support staff.  I was really impressed with the app I had visions of it being buggy. slow, crashing but nope... It is very Responsive and secure and has some good features too.

Enjoy your coins and the freedom that wirex can offer you with there cards.  

I have a virtual card and a plastic one and have never had any issues using them anywhere thought I was a bit dissapointed about the withdraw fee but hey everyones got to make a quid or two somewhere down the line.

Hope this helps.

■ BLOCKHUNT ■ «  COMMUNITY BLOCKHUNTING - »  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2207363.0
warningsigns

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:32:13 AM

This is a good GREAT! service I would advise become verified first before trying to cash that kind of money out but I am sure you could get 8k no problmes with wirex not all in one day I don't think though not sure ATM's can dish out that kind of money in a day to one account.

But do get verified first to save any hassle later down the line when you hit your limit.

Verified Limits are here -  https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001789829-Wirex-verified-account-limits

Plus your better not trying to trust members on the forum to be honest this place has taken a bad turn somewhere down the line and as far as I can see there are scammers here with high ranking account ready to rip people off at every turn.

Wirex use MyChoice corporate  [ https://mychoicecorporate.com/   ]  For there cards which is a really big big company in the card issuing world (I did some research) So there credentails are valid and they can be trusted with you money.

Send them a quick support ticket if you need more info oh any there app is fantastic easy to use to deposit. Exchange and admin your accounts and submit tickets to the support staff.  I was really impressed with the app I had visions of it being buggy. slow, crashing but nope... It is very Responsive and secure and has some good features too.

I have a virtual card and a plastic one and have never had any issues using them anywhere thought I was a bit dissapointed about the withdraw fee but hey everyones got to make a quid or two somewhere down the line.

Hope this helps.

You're right. Better not trying to trust members on this forum, irrespective of rank. You did your research, yes, but it seems you missed that part where Wirex and all other bitcoin card providers will discontinue MyChoice cards after Wave Crest (the issuer of MyChoice cards in Gibraltar) was acquired by Visa International. As a result of that merger and acquisition, the company will follow Visa's preference of restricting the cards to residents of the EU only. All other countries are excluded:

https://mychoicecorporate.com/visa-card-issuance-list/

If you already have a MyChoice card and if you are not a resident of the countries listed on the site above, the card will cease to be valid from 15 October 2017. From that day on, the card will be a mere space taker on your wallet. A souvenir item. A reminder of the good old days when they served one well. I too have this card and it works flawlessly. Loaded it with bitcoins and used it in Bangkok, Singapore, Dubai, Tokyo...

AtraxPool

Block Hunting

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:01:36 PM

Verified Limits are here -  https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001789829-Wirex-verified-account-limits

Hope this helps.

You're right. Better not trying to trust members on this forum, irrespective of rank. You did your research, yes, but it seems you missed that part where Wirex and all other bitcoin card providers will discontinue MyChoice cards after Wave Crest (the issuer of MyChoice cards in Gibraltar) was acquired by Visa International. As a result of that merger and acquisition, the company will follow Visa's preference of restricting the cards to residents of the EU only. All other countries are excluded:

https://mychoicecorporate.com/visa-card-issuance-list/

If you already have a MyChoice card and if you are not a resident of the countries listed on the site above, the card will cease to be valid from 15 October 2017. From that day on, the card will be a mere space taker on your wallet. A souvenir item. A reminder of the good old days when they served one well. I too have this card and it works flawlessly. Loaded it with bitcoins and used it in Bangkok, Singapore, Dubai, Tokyo...

Still a month to go loads of time for the op to do what he needs and get out before the switch over.

I did notice that they were going to be changing this and they are also going to offer contactless cards which I am very keen to get my hands on and as far as I am aware it is a first in the bitcoin world for contactless to be offered.

■ BLOCKHUNT ■ «  COMMUNITY BLOCKHUNTING - »  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2207363.0
warningsigns

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:46:39 PM
Last edit: September 16, 2017, 01:57:53 PM by warningsigns

Still a month to go loads of time for the op to do what he needs and get out before the switch over.

I did notice that they were going to be changing this and they are also going to offer contactless cards which I am very keen to get my hands on and as far as I am aware it is a first in the bitcoin world for contactless to be offered.

I already have the new card. It's a nice black contactless (with that MasterCard Paywave icon) chipped card. It is issued by a UK finance company.

It also has MasterCard's 2016 logo, two overlapping yellow and red circles. Looks a bit strange but in a nice way. The MasterCard logo on the card looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/BqyHbvW.jpg

With C.Pay on it.

The nice bit is the limit. $5k USD per day. And $5k USD per withdrawal event. Amazing.

By the way, mine is from Cryptopay. I'm assuming Wirex will be using the same card issuer.

--
Disclaimer: the above link neither depicts nor represents my image. I do not own this image. Credit goes to this site:

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_and_identity_for_mastercard_by_pentagram.php

AtraxPool

Block Hunting

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:26:32 PM

I already have the new card. It's a nice black contactless (with that MasterCard Paywave icon) chipped card. It is issued by a UK finance company.

It also has MasterCard's 2016 logo, two overlapping yellow and red circles. Looks a bit strange but in a nice way. The MasterCard logo on the card looks like this:

https://i.imgur.com/BqyHbvW.jpg

With C.Pay on it.

The nice bit is the limit. $5k USD per day. And $5k USD per withdrawal event. Amazing.

By the way, mine is from Cryptopay. I'm assuming Wirex will be using the same card issuer.

--
Disclaimer: the above link neither depicts nor represents my image. I do not own this image. Credit goes to this site:

http://www.underconsideration.com/brandnew/archives/new_logo_and_identity_for_mastercard_by_pentagram.php

I have yet to be contacted about there contactless cards I would really like one I did add my email to the list of "interested" but not word back as of yet.

5K limit is not bad to be honest its actually quite high compared to other cards out there.

Addisonbt

Activity: 407

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:49:33 PM

With C.Pay on it.

--

Pls BIN card - 5?Huh ??
doktor83

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 06:01:53 PM

Dear Cardholder

Our prepaid cards will no longer be maintained or issued to cardholders registered outside of our European territory.

Your Visa prepaid card is currently registered to an address outside of our European territory and will be closed on 15th October 2017.

On 16th October, you will no longer be able to use it, so you should use up any funds on it or remove them before that date. We also recommend you stop loading any further funds onto your card, especially as you approach 15th October 2017, to avoid any balance remaining on your card.

So this is an email i got.
I thought Serbia is in Europe but looks like i was wrong.
Anyone suggest any other service that works with Serbia?

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
AtraxPool

Block Hunting

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 06:16:32 PM

Dear Cardholder

Our prepaid cards will no longer be maintained or issued to cardholders registered outside of our European territory.

Your Visa prepaid card is currently registered to an address outside of our European territory and will be closed on 15th October 2017.

On 16th October, you will no longer be able to use it, so you should use up any funds on it or remove them before that date. We also recommend you stop loading any further funds onto your card, especially as you approach 15th October 2017, to avoid any balance remaining on your card.

So this is an email i got.
I thought Serbia is in Europe but looks like i was wrong.
Anyone suggest any other service that works with Serbia?

Serbia officially applied for European Union membership on 22 December 2009,[6] and the European Commission recommended making it an official candidate on 12 October 2011. After the Council's recommendation of 28 February 2012, Serbia received full candidate status on 1 March. On 28 June 2013 the European Council endorsed the Council of Ministers conclusions and recommendations to open accession negotiations with Serbia.[7][8] In December 2013 the Council of the European Union approved opening negotiations on Serbia's accession in January 2014,[9] and the first Intergovernmental Conference was held on 21 January at the European Council in Brussels.[10]

I would ask them to look into this because as far as I can see this is a mistake.  Serbia is in the EU

Can I ask what will happen when the UK leaves the EU will we still be able to use our cards?

doktor83

Activity: 2548
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2017, 06:23:12 PM

I don't know if this "European territory" has anything to do with the EU, but google maps shows that SR is in Europe  Grin

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
Wirex-E-Coin

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2017, 11:32:31 AM

Hi all!

@Pils As I know only Paypal is not usable for payments with unverified cards.

Remarks for other posts:

Our current limits are: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207870815-Wirex-card-limits
As it was said before the limits are per account, not per card and we allow to have only one card in one currency, up to 6 cards: 3 virtual and 3 plastic cards in different currencies: USD, EUR, GBP.

Our current card issuing bank is WaveCrest Ltd (Mychoice). We will add the new card issuing bank soon with the new contactless cards, but until the official announcement, I can't provide any details about it.

Unfortunately, Serbia is not in the list of the supported countries by Wavecrest.
The full list of available countries can be checked over there: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207161779-The-list-of-supported-countries-for-Wirex-debit-card-issuance-and-delivery   

Have a nice day!

Lana,
cryptostrich

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 04:03:07 PM

Hi all!

@Pils As I know only Paypal is not usable for payments with unverified cards.

Remarks for other posts:

Our current limits are: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207870815-Wirex-card-limits
As it was said before the limits are per account, not per card and we allow to have only one card in one currency, up to 6 cards: 3 virtual and 3 plastic cards in different currencies: USD, EUR, GBP.

Our current card issuing bank is WaveCrest Ltd (Mychoice). We will add the new card issuing bank soon with the new contactless cards, but until the official announcement, I can't provide any details about it.

Unfortunately, Serbia is not in the list of the supported countries by Wavecrest.
The full list of available countries can be checked over there: https://help.wirexapp.com/hc/en-us/articles/207161779-The-list-of-supported-countries-for-Wirex-debit-card-issuance-and-delivery   

Have a nice day!

Hello,

How much time until the new cards? I want to order a card and I would like to wait if this is coming soon. Please give us an ETA..
hilariousetc
Legendary

Activity: 2800
Merit: 3031

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 06:40:00 AM

I'm going to try use my card for the first time today. Do I need to transfer the money from my Wirex bitcoin account to my plastic card or will it automatically come out of that when I try withdraw from the ATM? Thanks.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
crazyivan
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1007

DMD Diamond Making Money 4+ years! Join us!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:44:36 AM

It is strange 2 weeks before the card stops working for non EU customers, most of them have not been contacted yet.
What s the issue?

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
AtraxPool

Block Hunting

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:52:43 PM

I'm going to try use my card for the first time today. Do I need to transfer the money from my Wirex bitcoin account to my plastic card or will it automatically come out of that when I try withdraw from the ATM? Thanks.

You need to exchange the BTC to your card if you have the app its very easy to use and very user-friendly.

Hit the exchange button select your bitcoin account and the card you want to load then just follow the app or website

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: