Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:29:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets  (Read 144559 times)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 09:31:09 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 10:01:14 AM by tempus

The (two) number 1 things are regulatory approval and user base growth. Userbase growth I'd expect to continue its upward creep (though not fast enough). However regulatory approval, in particular in US states, isn't a quick or easy thing to achieve.

I think there's a degree of realism in the market now that has replaced the early exuberance when it comes to Lykke. Lykke was a great buy at 6 cents. At 41 cents, it was substantially overvalued at some $600 million plus in marketcap. To give you perspective Coinbase was talking about raising a funding round that valued itself at $1 billion http://www.cnbc.com/2017/06/02/bitcoin-start-up-coinbase-aims-for-1-billion-valuation.html

Coinbase in conjunction with its exchange GDAX has regulatory approval all over the place, including UK, Canada, most of EU Europe, and most or all US states (probably most not all). It has insurance for both crypto, and for US folks FDIC insurance of USD deposits.

Lykke on the other hand according to its annual report has "a Vanuatu brokerage license".  https://www.lykke.com/Annual_Report_2016.pdf (see page 3 and from page 19)

It is "applying" for lots of licenses, with keys being the US and UK. Applying for a license and having one is a very different thing. Lykke really has no licenses at this point, although they'll likely get some as time goes on, and anyway they appear to be allowing transactions without a license certainly with cryptocurrency, which they can probably get away with since everyone else is doing that. Not having any US license is a massive thing, and I'm not sure with a Swiss firm in competition with US incumbent Coinbase how enthusiastically and quickly US authorities will be in granting them licenses.

Lykke's userbase according to its recently released annual report is 11,442 users as of 1 June 2017. https://www.lykke.com/Annual_Report_2016.pdf  (Page 5).

I couldn't get exact stats out there on Coinbase, but it seems like it's got anywhere from 6 to 10 million users.
https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitcoin-user-base-surges-coinbase-adds-1-mln-users-in-1-month
http://www.newsbtc.com/2017/03/01/bitcoin-exchange-coinbase-surpasses-6-million-total-users/

Lykke is sitting currently at just under $480 million in total market cap (that is marketcap including coins held by founders and not in free float, which is something like 80 to 90 per cent of them).

My point is, how could Lykke possibly be worth half of Coinbase, that has 6 to 10 million users, worldwide regulatory approval, including the key US market through approval in US states when Lykke has less than 12,000 users and no real regulatory approval? (I'm not suggesting Vanuatu is not a "real" jurisdiction, I'm saying it's not an important one for the purposes of cryptocurrency markets).

My conclusion is it can't. That's why the price is off over 10% at 36.5 cents, but I think the price correction has only just begun. Segwit 2x will activate, and, when it does, Bitcoin will go up like crazy. No one will want to miss out on the action, they'll dump lots of things to free up liquidity to ride the "Bitcoin has finally scaled" wave up, they'll dump Ether, and they will certainly dump Lykke - especially early investors who are already sitting on lovely, acceptable 7x profits. I easily see a correction down to 25 to 30 cents in the next couple of months, which is probably closer to fair value anyway.

The big upside risks are (1) US regulatory approval and (2) substantial userbase growth. The big downside risks are (1) rejection or delay of US regulatory approval (2) Bitcoin scales and everyone dumps everything including Lykke to buy it.

Good analysis! I especially agree with your last conclusions about potentials and risks, because a lot will be about regulations. At the same time: Lykke is pretty much ahead when it's about that topic and may have some advantage over competing projects with similar goals.

In general, value and how people evaluate "something" (not only Investments) is one of the most interesting topics in my opinion - and what I believe: There is nothing objective to find. Out of individual perspective it's very personal, in last consequence it's about personal and subjective interpretations of informations that have a context nobody is able to fully overlook, plus the context of an individual situation. It's about beliefs. In short: Nobody is able to have all informations and nobody is able to interpret any information he has other than subjective. Individual decisions are significantly based on 1) personal beliefs and 2) the absence of informations.  

And then there is the sum of individual views and decisions, the collective, the market(s). And that is a feedback-system: Individuals react on collective expressions (buying, selling, communicating) but the collective (part of) also reacts on individual decisions (whenever a "whale" shows his financial power the rumors start, and whenever a "VIP" communicates own opinions it has influence).

In the end it's very much about time. Moments form facts, everything else is subjective. That leads into the paradox that it would be possible to say that a price at a certain point in time is objective, because it is a fact. It's also possible to say that there is absolutely nothing objective because what has lead to it, in time, are 100% individual and subjective decisions while no participant is able to see the full picture. But many, maybe even a majority, tend to objectify collective agreements, especially if the time-frame is long enough.  

When it's about Lykke and Blockchain-projects: Of course one can analyze a project, also compare it with others and it's possible to find facts about the status quo. Those facts are basically the results of the decisions of those who build a project. In my opinion, when it's about value and potential, it's very much about the teams behind. The same idea wouldn't be worth $10 if I would start it with some friends. But if the team behind Lykke should be able to develop the platform how it is meant to be, and of course that will always be an ongoing process, it might become a multi-billion-dollar project.

And nobody has ever bought anything else than future potential.

Btw, the question about Bitcoin and 1) what the result of the current controversy might be in time and 2) how it will effect other markets, is also very interesting and very complex. I consider 1 as nearly totally unclear. I only believe that there will be a lot of volatility because I don't believe that there will be something like a safe status quo anytime soon. But if something like a best-case-scenario should realize, new and more potential for the whole ecosystem and the price goes up etc.: Sure, it's possible that many would sell other Crypto-assets for Bitcoin. But what also should be taken into consideration: More people would be attracted and more money would flow into the whole ecosystem. A strong Bitcoin and a rising price of Bitcoin would be helpful for Lykke, also because even if Lykke is far from being fully developed, there is one fact: It's already pretty good to buy Bitcoin.

Best article I know, about the Bitcoin-situation is this:

Countdown to SegWit: These Are the Dates to Keep an Eye On
https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/countdown-segwit-these-are-dates-keep-eye/
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Geenstijl
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:31:23 PM

Compare Lykke with Ripple and it still has a lot of potential. Don't forget you are also a shareholder in Lykke, your not just owning valueless tokens.
playingpoodles

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:45:23 AM

Why compare it with Ripple, which seeks to be the go-to-point for interbank transfers with a distributed ledger, when Lykke seeks to be an exchange for digital assets with initial focus on small retail traders?

Why not compare it to Bitcoin that's worth over 40 billion, or ether's 25 billion? Why not compare it to Amazon with 300 billion or whatever it's worth? Because the only reason to do this is your reason and that is that you are an LKK holder and you want to instill irrational exuberance to make Lykke's price inflate beyond fair value.

Sorry to tell you, that's already happened, which was my point. Could it rise on further irrational exuberance? Of course that's always possible. That's not happening now, LKK continues a slow decline. (It can't decline fast, because Lykke is its only market for itself and doesn't allow limit orders).

My point is when an asset's price is grossly in excess of its proven value the downside risks magnify. An idea, a Vanuatu brokerage license, 11,442 users and a nice iPhone and Android app don't make something worth $460 million (last time I looked, LKK has probably gone down since then).

Compare Lykke with Ripple and it still has a lot of potential. Don't forget you are also a shareholder in Lykke, your not just owning valueless tokens.
doctor-s

Activity: 73
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 02:46:42 AM

Why compare it with Ripple, which seeks to be the go-to-point for interbank transfers with a distributed ledger, when Lykke seeks to be an exchange for digital assets with initial focus on small retail traders?

Why not compare it to Bitcoin that's worth over 40 billion, or ether's 25 billion? Why not compare it to Amazon with 300 billion or whatever it's worth? Because the only reason to do this is your reason and that is that you are an LKK holder and you want to instill irrational exuberance to make Lykke's price inflate beyond fair value.

If you want to compare Lykke to anything, the fairest thing to compare it to is OANDA, Lykke is looking to be OANDA but expanded to include crypto and eventually securities. Take the value of a OANDA in the early years and in my mind, that's Lykke.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 07:56:04 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 08:11:30 AM by tempus

It's an interesting comparison! If you compare:

1) Ripple and Lykke - of course Ripple is worth more, already very successful and indeed banks are obviously interested.
2) XRP and LKK - what exactly is the connection between Ripple and the currency?

I know that for LKK: It represents ownership - 100% of the supply is 100% Lykke. But I have no idea why XRP should be at a billion-dollar valuation, I don't even know for what it's needed and the Ripple-team didn't care much about it. I also don't believe that Ripple as company is already worth $25 billions.

And no, I also don't want to say that Lykke, the status quo, is already worth $425 millions. But if Lykke should become successful it could be 1) much more interesting and valuable than Ripple and 2) like already said: LKK is directly connected to the value of the company.

Value of blockchain-projects in general: There is no project that is not overvalued if we focus on the status quo. There is no project that already could be seen as kind of established. At the same time it's also true that this space has huge potential in general.

I know that's not a reply on my post, but it's an interesting point: Of course it's part of the game that those who are invested write more positive and those who are not more into the other direction. But the question about valuation and what is rational or not is not that easy to reply on. I'll give you my favorite example: Factom. In Factom it's possible to calculate what the price of 1 FCT should be, because whenever Entry Credits (necessary to use the system) are bought, Factoids are burned. Once Factom will be fully developed one could say: The price of 1 FCT should be at least at a level that not more Factoids are burned than new created over the protocol. The price is at $25 right now and that is totally overvalued if we focus on the status quo. It already was overvalued when it was $2.5. Was it irrational to buy it at $2.5? Obviously not. Is it irrational to buy it at $25? That question can't be answered because it will depend on the future and if I wouldn't be invested in Factom I would buy, because the possibility that Factom will be used for billions of entries per month or maybe even per day at some point is absolutely there.

Same is true for pretty much all projects. If they should fail they are very overvalued. Those projects that will succeed are most likely not. And measured on the status quo - I know of no project that would not be overvalued.

Sorry to tell you, that's already happened, which was my point. Could it rise on further irrational exuberance? Of course that's always possible. That's not happening now, LKK continues a slow decline. (It can't decline fast, because Lykke is its only market for itself and doesn't allow limit orders).

Limit orders would mean that there are more orders on both sides, more buy-support included. To say that Lykke couldn't be dumped because users can't set limit orders yet is not correct. Of course the price could fall hard if a big Investor would sell 100% in one moment.

Regarding price-decline: We have seen a hype over the last months that had impact on pretty much all projects. I've seen pumps of projects that are not even in development anymore, "walking deads". LKK moves a little bit slower, is not that "over-sensitive" like others, but of course: also LKK was bought up and corrects now.

I believe one important aspect is the Bitcoin-situation that brings some uncertainty into the whole market - Bitcoin might have more up-potential if things go right but also the opposite if a bad-case-scenario should realize. And most of the newcomers, who came into this space because the ongoing hype attracted them, bought high. It's natural that they are highly uncertain now because 1) they bought high and 2) they can't overlook the situation.

My point is when an asset's price is grossly in excess of its proven value the downside risks magnify. An idea, a Vanuatu brokerage license, 11,442 users and a nice iPhone and Android app don't make something worth $460 million (last time I looked, LKK has probably gone down since then).

To imply that there would be something like a "proven value" anywhere in this space is not right. If I should be wrong, it should be possible to point on a blockchain-project and say "yes, that is already worth it's valuation".

Regarding 11k users: That's the status of early june and has doubled since. The vanatu-license is only the beginning. In my opinion it's never about the status quo at all but about the question if the tendency is positive, basically about the questions:

1) what is planned for the project?
2) can those plans be seen as high potential?
3) do I believe the team behind is able to deliver?

And everybody has to come to own conclusions, but in my opinion it's yes yes yes. If the team delivers and builds a platform how Lykke is meant to be in future, we are talking about a billion-dollar-company  - all risks included of course, like in all projects. Nothing is safe and I'm still the opinion that there is nothing objective to find.
playingpoodles

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 08:41:11 AM

Good points. I think we agree then that LKK is overbought and correcting down? Only question is how far?

I'm not ill disposed to Lykke, I picked it up in that period when it was floating around issue price for a couple of months.

My issue is, not everything is necessarily up to the Lykke team. Whether and when US state regulators grant a license to a Swiss competitor to US incumbent Coinbase is very much up to those regulators, and I don't think Lykke help their chances when they skirt or flout lots of legal regulations like giving fiat money transfer to US and UK nationals without license approval. I am nervous at the push of Lykke to act like they're Coinbase already, everyone wants to act like Lykke's got regulatory authorisation, and Lykke sort of acts like it has, but really it hasn't.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 09:50:35 AM

Good points. I think we agree then that LKK is overbought and correcting down? Only question is how far?

I wouldn't say I agree, because I personally always try to look at something out of different perspectives. There is the perspective on the status quo, what I said in my last two posts, and then yes: it's valued too high. But also important: I don't know of any blockchain-project that is not overvalued if only focused on the status quo.

More realistic and also more rational in my opinion is to focus on the question of future-potential. And of course that is about the question if the concept of Lykke has potential as profitable usecase, and if the team has all what's needed to realize it. I believe yes, but of course we are not speaking about facts. Investing is about anticipating the future.

If we focus on the market-situation right now: I don't think that it's possible to predict short-term moves and that is also very connected to the whole situation in this space, especially Bitcoin is likely to be a rollercoaster until the situation becomes more predictable again (in whatever way, split-scenario included) and of course that will/would have impact on all markets. It already has impact - high volatility and uncertainty on all markets that have some volume.

I'm not ill disposed to Lykke, I picked it up in that period when it was floating around issue price for a couple of months.

My issue is, not everything is necessarily up to the Lykke team. Whether and when US state regulators grant a license to a Swiss competitor to US incumbent Coinbase is very much up to those regulators, and I don't think Lykke help their chances when they skirt or flout lots of legal regulations like giving fiat money transfer to US and UK nationals without license approval. I am nervous at the push of Lykke to act like they're Coinbase already, everyone wants to act like Lykke's got regulatory authorisation, and Lykke sort of acts like it has, but really it hasn't.

Yes, absolutely right. Not everything is totally under control of the team and even if: Since everything is new, all teams have to learn a lot. But if a team is good, the unknowns are mainly about time-frames.

I'm not that uncertain about the question if it will be possible to get the necessary licenses because that doesn't seem to be that much about conflicting interests in general. Countries want to regulate, even if there is no clear path yet.

What is not the case is your impression that Lykke would act as if there already would be regulatory approval. US-citizen can't even download the App for example. Or Margin Trading: It's in demo-mode for most countries.

Again the most interesting question is how to look at limitations like that. One could say: Lykke is still very limited. Technically it's far from being finished (no limit orders yet, no web-based-terminal etc.) and regarding the regulatory status it's the same. Especially users could say "Lykke is not that attractive until now if compared with other exchanges" and I'm sure that many see it that way. At the same time it's already pretty nice to buy Bitcoin or ETH for example.

What would be a rational perspective of somebody who thinks about the question if LKK is a buy? My approach always was and still is not to overrate current limitations, but to find an answer on the question if I believe that current limitations will be overcome in future, because if yes: It's pure potential. That becomes obvious if we see it the other way around: If Lykke already would be fully developed, already would have all necessary licenses, but still only 20k users - something would be wrong then.

And sure, the question about future potential is about anticipation. That is why I always focus on teams, on the question if the people behind have everything what's needed. In case of Lykke:

- If Lykke gets all needed licenses, especially that is huge potential
- If Lykke releases limit orders - it already will make the whole platform much more attractive.
- If Lykke releases the web-based-terminal - same
- If Lykke adds more wanted assets - same
- If Lykke releases the debit card - same
- If Lykke is able to connect into the existing financial system - same

...and so on. With other words: If somebody believes that the team is able to deliver, all current limitations can be seen as future potential. If somebody has too much doubts about that, he will decide not to invest, at least not now.

RustyShackleford1950

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 10:37:10 AM

overbought and correcting down?

Such things are only knowable after the fact. It's impossible to say in the midst of price changes.

You can try the same thing for stocks, but it also doesn't work.

Is TSLA overbought and correcting down? some might say yes, some might say no. The point is, neither is "right" until about 6 months in the future when we can see the outcome in the real world.

On keyboard, the big d, rusty shackleford
drnash85

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 04:14:16 PM

-this lykke wallet need to be serviced, I keep getting error messages on withdrawals to trading wallet-
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2017, 06:14:55 PM

-this lykke wallet need to be serviced, I keep getting error messages on withdrawals to trading wallet-

drnash85, please write a mail to support@lykke.com
drnash85

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:51:46 AM

drnash85, please write a mail to support@lykke.com

I will try in about an hour.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 09:05:16 AM

China’s Central Bank researcher names @LykkeCity a good example of connection between cryptocoin and company shares. http://buff.ly/2sKMrvz
https://twitter.com/LykkeCity/status/884294619688833024

RustyShackleford1950

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 12:52:54 PM

we have some issues with creditvouchers, the deposit is no longer working. they may have changed something on their site.

playingpoodles

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 03:32:25 AM

I've been warning people for two weeks LKK was overvalued and will correct down.  Now it's down to 27 cents. Now given the altcoin sell off which I warned of has been faster and harder than I anticipated, I can see LKK shooting down below fair value, theoretically even below 10 cents, but certainly 10-15 range.

I wouldn't say I agree, because I personally always try to look at something out of different perspectives. There is the perspective on the status quo, what I said in my last two posts, and then yes: it's valued too high. But also important: I don't know of any blockchain-project that is not overvalued if only focused on the status quo.

More realistic and also more rational in my opinion is to focus on the question of future-potential. And of course that is about the question if the concept of Lykke has potential as profitable usecase, and if the team has all what's needed to realize it. I believe yes, but of course we are not speaking about facts. Investing is about anticipating the future.

If we focus on the market-situation right now: I don't think that it's possible to predict short-term moves and that is also very connected to the whole situation in this space, especially Bitcoin is likely to be a rollercoaster until the situation becomes more predictable again (in whatever way, split-scenario included) and of course that will/would have impact on all markets. It already has impact - high volatility and uncertainty on all markets that have some volume.

Yes, absolutely right. Not everything is totally under control of the team and even if: Since everything is new, all teams have to learn a lot. But if a team is good, the unknowns are mainly about time-frames.

I'm not that uncertain about the question if it will be possible to get the necessary licenses because that doesn't seem to be that much about conflicting interests in general. Countries want to regulate, even if there is no clear path yet.

What is not the case is your impression that Lykke would act as if there already would be regulatory approval. US-citizen can't even download the App for example. Or Margin Trading: It's in demo-mode for most countries.

Again the most interesting question is how to look at limitations like that. One could say: Lykke is still very limited. Technically it's far from being finished (no limit orders yet, no web-based-terminal etc.) and regarding the regulatory status it's the same. Especially users could say "Lykke is not that attractive until now if compared with other exchanges" and I'm sure that many see it that way. At the same time it's already pretty nice to buy Bitcoin or ETH for example.

What would be a rational perspective of somebody who thinks about the question if LKK is a buy? My approach always was and still is not to overrate current limitations, but to find an answer on the question if I believe that current limitations will be overcome in future, because if yes: It's pure potential. That becomes obvious if we see it the other way around: If Lykke already would be fully developed, already would have all necessary licenses, but still only 20k users - something would be wrong then.

And sure, the question about future potential is about anticipation. That is why I always focus on teams, on the question if the people behind have everything what's needed. In case of Lykke:

- If Lykke gets all needed licenses, especially that is huge potential
- If Lykke releases limit orders - it already will make the whole platform much more attractive.
- If Lykke releases the web-based-terminal - same
- If Lykke adds more wanted assets - same
- If Lykke releases the debit card - same
- If Lykke is able to connect into the existing financial system - same

...and so on. With other words: If somebody believes that the team is able to deliver, all current limitations can be seen as future potential. If somebody has too much doubts about that, he will decide not to invest, at least not now.

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 06:52:33 AM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 10:21:33 PM by mprep

we have some issues with creditvouchers, the deposit is no longer working. they may have changed something on their site.

The team is in contact with CV. I can't be totally sure right now but it seems as if the issue is on their side. Hopefully it's up again soon.

I've been warning people for two weeks LKK was overvalued and will correct down.  Now it's down to 27 cents. Now given the altcoin sell off which I warned of has been faster and harder than I anticipated, I can see LKK shooting down below fair value, theoretically even below 10 cents, but certainly 10-15 range.

Thing is that everything is down. If you look here, it's deeply red: http://coinmarketcap.com (only 3 exceptions in the top 100).

Kind of funny is that USDT is up above $1. That shows how much money flees into Fiat.

My personal opinion is: After the hype of the last months in the whole market, that totally ignored the trouble Bitcoin is still in, this is an overreaction into the opposite direction. Unfortunately it's very rare that Crypto moves "normal" ;-) But whatever scenario will realize in Bitcoin, finally things move and there is potential again. Bitcoin is still the biggest "money-mover" that gets Fiat into the markets or pushes it out.

Interesting article btw:

playingpoodles

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 10:33:31 AM
Last edit: July 18, 2017, 01:47:01 AM by playingpoodles

Not true, LKK started selling off harder than the altcoin market as a whole. Now, yes, the whole market has joined in the fun. I mean, there's probably other things more overvalued than Lykke, my point is Lykke is one of the obviously overvalued coins (based on present lack of any regulatory approval and tiny userbase less than 12000).

Personally, I feel that Lykke management has a very, very high degree of control over the Lykke price because there are no limit orders, and so Lykke is the only entity taht can determine its own price - I believe that has  has been used to (manipulate OR stabilise, choose your preferred word) the LKK price and counteract the natural sell/downward pressure that exists. For example, often the system rewards purchase of LKK but penalises sale of LKK for USD - for example the more LKK you sell for USD the less USD per LKK you get, and the more LKK you buy for USD the more LKK you get per USD.

I think the manipulation to keep Lykke's price up against natural market sentiment is not going to work, there's more blood in store for LKK (and yes, like you say every other altcoin, everything except Bitcoin and USD).

I've been warning people for two weeks LKK was overvalued and will correct down.  Now it's down to 27 cents. Now given the altcoin sell off which I warned of has been faster and harder than I anticipated, I can see LKK shooting down below fair value, theoretically even below 10 cents, but certainly 10-15 range.

Thing is that everything is down. If you look here, it's deeply red: http://coinmarketcap.com (only 3 exceptions in the top 100).

Kind of funny is that USDT is up above $1. That shows how much money flees into Fiat.

My personal opinion is: After the hype of the last months in the whole market, that totally ignored the trouble Bitcoin is still in, this is an overreaction into the opposite direction. Unfortunately it's very rare that Crypto moves "normal" ;-) But whatever scenario will realize in Bitcoin, finally things move and there is potential again. Bitcoin is still the biggest "money-mover" that gets Fiat into the markets or pushes it out.

Interesting article btw:

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 11:48:41 AM

Not true, LKK started selling off earlier and faster than the altcoin market as a whole. Now, yes, the whole market has joined in the fun. I mean, there's probably other things more overvalued than Lykke, my point is Lykke is one of the obviously overvalued coins (based on present lack of any regulatory approval and tiny userbase less than 12000).   

1) Maybe check the market again:

- whole market peaked on June 20 while it already became shaky about 1 week before: http://coinmarketcap.com/charts/
- ETH peaked at June 12, Ripple on May 17, etc.

LKK had it's peak on June 20 and started to fall later than most of the others.

2) To point on "lack of regulatory approval" is a bit funny if you think about the question which projects are ahead on that front?

3) Number of users doubled in June and is > 20k

Personally, my sense is that the top echelons of Lykke (including Brother Number One, who is very rich and certainly can inject liquidity) of Lykke are intervening to try and hold LKK from crashing. You can see it in the high volume and sharp drop off, that has been temporarily leveled.

Interesting theories... But Lykke went down like others did and is simply following the market as a whole. You don't see that pattern in Bitcoin and others? Bitcoin goes down below $2200 and is above $2300 now, others also seem to find at least a temporarily base but in Lykke it's an intervention from "Brother number one"?

Believe me it's not going to work, there's more blood in store for LKK (and yes, like you say every other altcoin, everything except Bitcoin and USD).

Of course it can go down more. It also could go way more down for Bitcoin, because actually there is the reason for the whole uncertainty. But it's also possible that Segwit will be activated soon, that there won't be a split, that new money will flow into the whole market and so on.

The most important question is, whenever markets move hard and in whichever direction: Is it about the whole context or is it a certain reaction on a certain situation of a certain project. And the LKK price simply moves like it's usual these days in Crypto.
vipgelsi
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 12:53:20 PM
Last edit: July 11, 2017, 01:06:18 PM by vipgelsi

Here comes all the experts after the fact. Monday night QB give it a rest. Tempus don't waste your time the same people bashing will be pumping after lykke moves back up after the fact again.
playingpoodles

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:05:49 PM

2 - Coinbase is ahead, which actually operates its business within the law unlike Lykke which provides unlicensed fiat transfers. Coinbase has approval in most US states, UK, most of EU. Plus it has 6-10 million users versus Lykke's less than 12,000 (you say 20K?).The whole point of my argument that Lykke is overvalued is comparing its value to Coinbase's.

12,000 users is there in black and white in the latest Lykke annual report - can you give us a link for your 20K?

Look, each person can do what he wants. Lykke has only stopped plunging because someone (Lykke's extremely wealthy owner perhaps?) has been pumping lots of liquidity into it. Highly risky, especially if that doesn't stem the price decline.

I'll say it again, only place to be until Segwit 2x activates on 1 August and Bitcoin's future becomes clear in the fortnight after that is in USD or Bitcoin.

Not true, LKK started selling off earlier and faster than the altcoin market as a whole. Now, yes, the whole market has joined in the fun. I mean, there's probably other things more overvalued than Lykke, my point is Lykke is one of the obviously overvalued coins (based on present lack of any regulatory approval and tiny userbase less than 12000).   

1) Maybe check the market again:

- whole market peaked on June 20 while it already became shaky about 1 week before: http://coinmarketcap.com/charts/
- ETH peaked at June 12, Ripple on May 17, etc.

LKK had it's peak on June 20 and started to fall later than most of the others.

2) To point on "lack of regulatory approval" is a bit funny if you think about the question which projects are ahead on that front?

3) Number of users doubled in June and is > 20k

Personally, my sense is that the top echelons of Lykke (including Brother Number One, who is very rich and certainly can inject liquidity) of Lykke are intervening to try and hold LKK from crashing. You can see it in the high volume and sharp drop off, that has been temporarily leveled.

Interesting theories... But Lykke went down like others did and is simply following the market as a whole. You don't see that pattern in Bitcoin and others? Bitcoin goes down below $2200 and is above $2300 now, others also seem to find at least a temporarily base but in Lykke it's an intervention from "Brother number one"?

Believe me it's not going to work, there's more blood in store for LKK (and yes, like you say every other altcoin, everything except Bitcoin and USD).

Of course it can go down more. It also could go way more down for Bitcoin, because actually there is the reason for the whole uncertainty. But it's also possible that Segwit will be activated soon, that there won't be a split, that new money will flow into the whole market and so on.

The most important question is, whenever markets move hard and in whichever direction: Is it about the whole context or is it a certain reaction on a certain situation of a certain project. And the LKK price simply moves like it's usual these days in Crypto.
RustyShackleford1950

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 01:15:42 PM

I agree with your idea behind comparing Lykke to coinbase playingpoodles, however, there is a fundamental difference in the setup of the companies, and the future plans of the companies. Lykke's future prospects are much, much more interesting and potentially lucrative.

That said, yes, you could argue that it was overvalued, however, so is something like Tesla, or Amazon, or any number of tech companies. It's all about pricing in future expected growth and success. This is the risk some people take, if you don't want to, that's cool too.

What's bullshit though, is your speculation about XXX person(s) propping up the price. I have no idea whether that's true or false - and neither do you! Stop writing your thoughts down as if they're fact, it's your wild speculation. That's ironic, considering you're complaining about people speculating on price, when you're there spinning your own brand of bullshit.

Pages: « 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 [86] 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: