Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 11:10:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 89 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PicoStocks] 100TH/s bitcoin mine [100th]  (Read 469875 times)
dhenson
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:07:26 PM

Why people buying ASICMINER shares @ 4.6? 95MH/s per share? When 100TH will come online it will hold 30% ofthe network. ASICMINER 10%. For some period of time 100TH will be most profitable. Even @ 0.9B/share it will deliver more profits than ASICMINER.

As time goes on 100TH share price will decrease (to zero) while the Asicminer share price will (if history holds true) increase.  You can't simply compare weekly dividends.

With 100TH you are making the bet that the total dividends will be >= the amount you pay per share.
With Asicminer you are buying into a solid long term investment that also happens to pay out ~25-30% APR in dividends.

Full disclosure... I don't hold either at the moment.
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
needsmths

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 07:40:10 PM

Why people buying ASICMINER shares @ 4.6? 95MH/s per share? When 100TH will come online it will hold 30% ofthe network. ASICMINER 10%. For some period of time 100TH will be most profitable. Even @ 0.9B/share it will deliver more profits than ASICMINER.

Grin Now I understand - how people calculate profit.
Now 1 Ghs gives 0.48 btc/month. After 100Ths start to mine - difficulty will increase 1.5 times and monthly income on 1 Ghs will fall to 0.33 btc (0.066 btc/share).

With 100TH you are making the bet that the total dividends will be >= the amount you pay per share.

Yes, its simple. Just divide the price on monthly income. And monthly income will only fall every ~two weeks.
TheSwede75

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:01:21 PM

Grin Now I understand - how people calculate profit.
Now 1 Ghs gives 0.48 btc/month. After 100Ths start to mine - difficulty will increase 1.5 times and monthly income on 1 Ghs will fall to 0.33 btc (0.066 btc/share).

Yes, its simple. Just divide the price on monthly income. And monthly income will only fall every ~two weeks.

Anyone with half a brain has already calculated this. At current diff increase 100TH will still produce something like 600% ROI in 20 months. As long as they get at least 70TH online within a month.
grimholt

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 10:57:34 PM
Last edit: July 22, 2013, 11:08:51 PM by grimholt

Silence is usually not a good sign, and I'm afraid that we have some bad news coming up (because really, how hard is it to report good news?).

Seems like somebody knows something. Something like the difficulty is going to fall,  especially after 100Th will start to mine. Have you seen the prices, people are buying shares? I just wonder how they calculate their profit ? Can someone show me calculations, especially those who buy shares for more then 0.2 bts/share - 1 btc/Ghs.

The mine is coming online in a couple of days according to the latest update from a few weeks ago. I'm guessing people interpret silence as confirmation that everything is on track.

tytus has not dumped more shares even though the current trades are above the level at which he previously allowed people to sell, so this may be interpreted as good news by the market.

.b

As I stated in my post it's just speculation, and for the remaining shareholders I really hope I am wrong. There are always different ways to interpret things, but for me the lack of response is very little reassuring as to how things are going.

I've been watching tytus' profile, and he's usually active every day. From his profile at the time of writing this: Last Active:   Today at 04:44:36 PM.

I'm sure he pays attention to his own thread, and I'm also sure he knows something about the PCB assembly progress. It's my opinion that the shareholders, the people that actually made the project possible, deserve to be let in on this information. As he's in here every day, all he would have to do is let us know if we are on route or if we will have an unkown amount of extended delay.

YinCoin YangCoin ☯☯First Ever POS/POW Alternator! Multipool! ☯ ☯ http://yinyangpool.com/ 
Free Distribution! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623937
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 12:33:27 AM

Silence is usually not a good sign, and I'm afraid that we have some bad news coming up (because really, how hard is it to report good news?).

Seems like somebody knows something. Something like the difficulty is going to fall,  especially after 100Th will start to mine. Have you seen the prices, people are buying shares? I just wonder how they calculate their profit ? Can someone show me calculations, especially those who buy shares for more then 0.2 bts/share - 1 btc/Ghs.

The mine is coming online in a couple of days according to the latest update from a few weeks ago. I'm guessing people interpret silence as confirmation that everything is on track.

tytus has not dumped more shares even though the current trades are above the level at which he previously allowed people to sell, so this may be interpreted as good news by the market.

.b

As I stated in my post it's just speculation, and for the remaining shareholders I really hope I am wrong. There are always different ways to interpret things, but for me the lack of response is very little reassuring as to how things are going.

I've been watching tytus' profile, and he's usually active every day. From his profile at the time of writing this: Last Active:   Today at 04:44:36 PM.

I'm sure he pays attention to his own thread, and I'm also sure he knows something about the PCB assembly progress. It's my opinion that the shareholders, the people that actually made the project possible, deserve to be let in on this information. As he's in here every day, all he would have to do is let us know if we are on route or if we will have an unkown amount of extended delay.

Tytus is hammering away at code to optimize the 16x card rig.  The proto is hashing (probably into 100TH already).  Pick and place has already begun on the main production batch, so we are waiting to hear about batched shipments.  I still estimate at least 10 - 12 business days before I start to see hardware landing over here.  I will do the best I can to fire up hardware as fast as it comes in.  AC and electrical should all be in place in time, but if the PUD drags their feet, I may have a (brief) outage before we are firing on all cylinders.  Hardware will come in daily expedited shipments.

Tytus had mentioned wanting the next update to include pics/video of units hashing, etc, but that will have to be maybe the next update...

Cheers,
Dave

furuknap

Activity: 294

http://coin.furuknap.net/

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 12:36:15 AM

I still estimate at least 10 - 12 business days before I start to see hardware landing over here. 

I think this is good news, but I just have to get a cheap point in because someone else will in either case:

So, you're ready in two weeks, eh?

.b

buzzdave
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2013, 05:56:36 AM

I still estimate at least 10 - 12 business days before I start to see hardware landing over here. 

I think this is good news, but I just have to get a cheap point in because someone else will in either case:

.b

We're working real hard over here, yes.  Trying to land a 1 year project on the 'X' is not an insignificant undertaking.

qukkM

Activity: 229

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 11:31:13 AM

I think it was more like a joke about BFL shipping promises

http://www.bitcoinseedshop.com -  the first bitcoin only cannabis seed shop. Secure, pseudonymous payments.
TheSwede75

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:51:50 PM

.b

We're working real hard over here, yes.  Trying to land a 1 year project on the 'X' is not an insignificant undertaking.

Well you DO technically have about 11 months left to beat BFL Smiley
kaerf

Activity: 631
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 08:24:59 PM

I've no idea what AM has actually netted, but I think it's probably less than $12-20M USD in value.

Seems like I was in the right range.  Grin

Update

Financial Status

Mining Income: 102,041.82BTC
Blade Sales Income: 29,594.75BTC
USB Sales Income: 37,524.00BTC
Total: 169,520.57BTC

Device and Infrastructure Expense: 397,800.00$ + 4,909,930.00¥
Electricity Expense: 729,542.05¥
Labor Expense: 327,081.00¥
Logistics Expense: 132,184.90¥
Deposits: 117,506.01¥
Total: 397,800.00$+6,216,243.96¥

Balance Sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al1fvFT7Sd5bdEthNEpIWWxpcW90RFBQOFZ6aFlxT0E&usp=sharing

Hardware Franchising

This is a new business model option besides self-mining and hardware sales. We will rent the excessive hashing power to financial and technical capable people, accepting full deposits at the market price, shipping the devices and collecting a certain PPS rate based on the theoretical hashrate. The PPS rate, the dividing of cost coverage, as well as warranty/exit strategy are being discussed in detail and executed as small-scale experiments.

This model is similar to hardware sales in the aspect that we do not have in control on how the users make use of our devices, therefore has more decentralization in spirit. And like with self-mining, it aims at settings in scale, enjoying the reduction of NRE cost and operating cost overall, and reducing potential marketing/advertisement/customer service costs.

Project Timeline

August-September: Deploy/sell all hashpower arriving in July and early August.
September-November: Deploy/sell the hashpower ordered at early July.
November-December: Experimental products of 2nd-gen chips and modular large-scale deployment solutions.
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 10:32:25 PM

.b

You need to dust off the bAsic script. Simply copy/pasting nonsense from last year's iteration of the "failed project" scam to this year's iteration of the "failed project" scam doesn't really cut it. (Not in the sense that there aren't a bunch of last month's crop of noobs to not know any better and post their "opinions" on the matter, obviously.)

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
hawkingchen

Activity: 4

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:57:05 AM

Any news about the progress? 7-25 comes. Huh
MPOE-PR

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:40:44 PM

You need to dust off the bAsic script. Simply copy/pasting nonsense from last year's iteration of the "failed project" scam to this year's iteration of the "failed project" scam doesn't really cut it. (Not in the sense that there aren't a bunch of last month's crop of noobs to not know any better and post their "opinions" on the matter, obviously.)

"either you're doing something or you're shutting the fuck up"

you really love to troll, I think your on a troll roll.
 http://carryingthegun.files.wordpress.com/2012/09/personal_trollface_hd.png

Buzzscammer needs better socks.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 12:45:34 PM

.b

Well you DO technically have about 11 months left to beat BFL Smiley

So you're the March 2013 edition of boonies4u&co. That's fine, some learn from the experience of others, some learn from their own experience. Either way, same result.

buzzdave
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 05:14:27 PM

Any news about the progress? 7-25 comes. Huh

Boards in are production and will be sent expedited.  I don't know yet what the estimated delivery day is, but this is a high volume fab, so it shouldn't take very long to start seeing batches coming off the line.

dRMergatroid

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:47:53 PM

WTF Are you doing here? I don't know you, you don't know me. Your posts reek of intelligence, if not charm and sophistication. You are the Official PR representative for a cryptic website that deals in equally obscure instruments. Why are you trolling this thread? Is this part of your official duties? Or are you just hazing the competition? Either way, your tone and attitude reflect badly on your person.
You accuse me of being a sock puppet oh, self confessed sock puppet.

I assume you are just trying to skim some of the buzz.
Too bad you are a wasp and not a honey bee.

TheSwede75

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 07:45:08 PM

WTF Are you doing here? I don't know you, you don't know me. Your posts reek of intelligence, if not charm and sophistication. You are the Official PR representative for a cryptic website that deals in equally obscure instruments. Why are you trolling this thread? Is this part of your official duties? Or are you just hazing the competition? Either way, your tone and attitude reflect badly on your person.
You accuse me of being a sock puppet oh, self confessed sock puppet.

I assume you are just trying to skim some of the buzz.
Too bad you are a wasp and not a honey bee.

Why even reply to MPOE-PR? His exchange is flailing and he is pretty much nothing but a self confessed douchebag and thread troll at this point.
sunniestsolomin

Activity: 47

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:13:57 PM

Name one person that didn't get their full amount back from bASIC.

So, now that you can't name anyone, stop saying bASIC was a scam. It was a failed project that went under.  

MPOE-PR

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 10:32:00 PM

So, now that you can't name anyone, stop saying bASIC was a scam. It was a failed project that went under.  

No, it's not.

It was a scam that humiliated a bunch of idiots, who now rather than accept they were fucked prefer to pretend like it was "a project that went under", because that way they don't have to consider what's wrong with their heads, which is too painful. The fact that a bunch of fraudsters like the picostocks tytus guy also had imaginary millions invested there, for the imaginary loss of which they have been taken to task just slants this nonsense even further.

Moral of the story: you don't get out of scams by getting the victims to keep quiet.

buzzdave
VIP

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2013, 11:24:42 PM

Tytus.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 89 »
  Print  

Jump to: