Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:24:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEEM][POW] - NO IPO | NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE (relaunch)  (Read 133041 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thereverseflash (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:18:39 PM

What can I expect after converting to VESTS?

VESTS give you voting power and protect you from most dilution.  
VESTS are indivisible, non transferable, and can only be converted back to STEEM via 104 equal weekly payments starting from the time you request conversion.

If you convert to VESTS you will not be able to dump on an exchange when that happens.

In other words, if you hold VESTS you will get more STEEM in the future than you have today.

Are you fast enough?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
truerue

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:02:09 PM

Can somebody upload already compiled daemon steemd please? I'm complete stuck with this boost library.

I suppose you anyways will need boost libraries to run that compiled daemon. Also there are other useful binaries there too, except the daemon, btw.

Try these instructions for installing Boost: http://shortrecipes.blogspot.am/2015/02/ubuntu-1404-install-boost-157.html.
They helped me a lot. After you install the Boost in /opt/boost_1_57_0, add these into the CMakeLists.txt in the root folder of steem:

Code:
SET(BOOST_ROOT /opt/boost_1_57_0/)

Thanks, that helped me a lot.
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 11:41:24 PM

What does this refer to?

"total_reward_fund_steem": "246622.000 STEEM",

Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:30:28 AM

ok i got it running now and can see my balance correctly and whatnot.  I am seeing alot of hash rate: 0 hps though.  That is concerning me a little.
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 02:33:19 AM

ok i got it running now and can see my balance correctly and whatnot.  I am seeing alot of hash rate: 0 hps though.  That is concerning me a little.

Are you using config.ini for your settings?  If not, you should be.  If you are, you probably have a misplaced space or quote...

Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:44:26 AM

Are you using config.ini for your settings?  If not, you should be.  If you are, you probably have a misplaced space or quote...

Thanks. i wasn't using it but now I think something else is wrong because after I stopped the ./steemd I cannot restart it.  Now when I try to start it it tells me that 'block_num != 0' failed. Aborted (core dumped).

dang.  I will get this thing working eventually
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:29:39 AM

Thanks. i wasn't using it but now I think something else is wrong because after I stopped the ./steemd I cannot restart it.  Now when I try to start it it tells me that 'block_num != 0' failed. Aborted (core dumped).

dang.  I will get this thing working eventually

delete the blockchain directory or use --resync-[Suspicious link removed]mand line arg.

Are you fast enough?
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:41:04 AM

delete the blockchain directory or use --resync-[Suspicious link removed]mand line arg.

Thanks --resync did get it running again.  I am still seeing 0 hps however... I saw your post with a few options of what this could mean.  I am not sure how to tell which situation I am in however.

If you see a hash rate of 0 then it means one of several things:

1. --miner no miners specified properly
2. --witness no witness specified
3. --mining-threads is not set
4. you already produced one POW and are in the queue

1 & 2 - I think I have this set.  They both match each other.
3 - I have this set to 2
4 - I don't think this is the case but I'm not sure how to check
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 03:51:10 AM

I now see hps so maybe it needed to sync first or something?  Anyway now it reads about 1500-1700 hps.  Thanks for everyones help getting it working.  Much appreciated
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 12:27:12 PM

So you shut down the seednode so no one can mine who isn't already mining?

I'll add that to the list of cheats.

Anyone can make their own little network and mine all they want. That's not "chess" you idiot devs.

Apparently my seed node crashed while I was sleeping due to the following:

Code:
10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
steemd: /home/ubuntu/steem/libraries/net/node.cpp:1609: void graphene::net::detail::node_impl::schedule_peer_for_deletion(const peer_connection_ptr&): Assertion `_closing_connections.find(peer_to_delete) == _closing_connections.end()' failed.
Aborted (core dumped)

I haven't seen a crash in the network code in a long time. This code is unmodified from BitShares.

I have restarted the seed node, but for some extra redundancy you can also try the following nodes:

52.37.169.52:2001
52.26.78.244:2001

Anyone else can run a seed node, just be sure to start your ./steemd with --p2p-endpoint="0.0.0.0:2001" and make sure port 2001 is open on your fire wall.  You can actually use any port you like.

Are you fast enough?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 02:34:45 PM

For Sale: 250 STEEM = .5 BTC

Will happily escrow.  PM if interested.

We have our first estimate of market cap: 564834.000 STEEM * $0.8 around $450,000.

I would buy it from you, but for $200/day you could mine 33% of the daily production so mining is more profitable.

Are you fast enough?
Jookly
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 04:15:56 PM

Hi it's me again . The little noob that could.  Wink

So at this point I am seeing lots of what looks like hashing going on.  It has said pretty steady hashing around 1500 hps and around 2500 minutes estimated time to produce a block.  So does it sound like it is working?  2500 minutes sounds like a long time but do you think if I keep it running I will see a block solved and be put in the que in the next couple days?

I guess I am just looking for some assurance that it is working and that I just need to wait now.
OrsonJ

Activity: 597
Merit: 253

... and the swarm is headed towards us

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 05:22:27 PM

So you shut down the seednode so no one can mine who isn't already mining?

I'll add that to the list of cheats.

Anyone can make their own little network and mine all they want. That's not "chess" you idiot devs.

Hi. Sorry to bother you i've asked the dev this question three times and been ignored every time. Maybe it should be added to your list of cheats too.
Do you know how to mine with multiple accounts? Is this done with a single command? I tried to start mining with a second account on the same machine but keep getting an exception "Last block ID does not match current chain state".
I'd be very grateful for help.

Zano alias: @orsonj  |  Twitter: @Cryptoschild
penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 05:34:09 PM

Hi. Sorry to bother you i've asked the dev this question three times and been ignored every time. Maybe it should be added to your list of cheats too.
Do you know how to mine with multiple accounts? Is this done with a single command? I tried to start mining with a second account on the same machine but keep getting an exception "Last block ID does not match current chain state".

set it in config.ini:
Code:
# name of witness controlled by this node (e.g. initwitness )
witness = "witnes1"
witness = "witnes2"

# name of miner and its private key (e.g. ["account","WIF PRIVATE KEY"] )
miner = ["witnes1","<yourprivatekey>"]
miner = ["witnes2","<yourprivatekey>"]

Hope it's help...
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:37:16 PM

set it in config.ini:
Code:
witness = "witnes1"
witness = "witnes2"

Hope it's help...

If you have multiple computers, only include the witness="..." lines on ONE of the computers or you will double produce blocks (and potentially lose your balance)
There is a bug that prevents mining if no witnesses are specified, so specify a dummy witness witness="something-not-yours"

Are you fast enough?
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:41:40 PM

how to withdraw from vesting ?
is vesting giving any ineterest ? how much ?

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
penambang

Activity: 548
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2016, 06:46:04 PM

set it in config.ini:
Code:
witness = "witnes1"
witness = "witnes2"

Hope it's help...

If you have multiple computers, only include the witness="..." lines on ONE of the computers or you will double produce blocks (and potentially lose your balance)
There is a bug that prevents mining if no witnesses are specified, so specify a dummy witness witness="something-not-yours"
hi dev,
can you post complete config.ini example?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 07:48:11 PM

how to withdraw from vesting ?
is vesting giving any ineterest ? how much ?

Vesting pays a dynamic amount of interest depending upon the percent of STEEM held in vesting.

For every 1 STEEM printed to pay miners, block producers, and others, 9 STEEM is printed to pay VESTS.

This means that if 90% of STEEM is held in VESTS then the inflation-adjusted rate of return is 0%.
This means if 1% of STEEM is held in VESTS then the inflation adjusted rate of return is practically infinite.
This means that if 95% of STEEM is held in VESTS then the inflation adjusted rate of return is negative.

Bottom line: VESTS holders are protected from almost all inflation, *but* they are illiquid, non-transferrable, non-divisible.

You can withdraw_from_vesting via 104 equal weekly payments that are automatically scheduled by the blockchain.

Are you fast enough?
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 09:15:13 PM

Vesting pays a dynamic amount of interest depending upon the percent of STEEM held in vesting.

For every 1 STEEM printed to pay miners, block producers, and others, 9 STEEM is printed to pay VESTS.

This means that if 90% of STEEM is held in VESTS then the inflation-adjusted rate of return is 0%.
This means if 1% of STEEM is held in VESTS then the inflation adjusted rate of return is practically infinite.
This means that if 95% of STEEM is held in VESTS then the inflation adjusted rate of return is negative.

Bottom line: VESTS holders are protected from almost all inflation, *but* they are illiquid, non-transferrable, non-divisible.

You can withdraw_from_vesting via 104 equal weekly payments that are automatically scheduled by the blockchain.

If you requested a payout, during those 104 weeks, do the remaining funds in the VESTS receive the same benefits as regular VEST-ed funds, or at the moment when you requested the payout, you immediately lose all benefits of VESTS (voting, inflations protection etc)?

... this space is not for rent ...
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 10:21:11 PM

If you requested a payout, during those 104 weeks, do the remaining funds in the VESTS receive the same benefits as regular VEST-ed funds, or at the moment when you requested the payout, you immediately lose all benefits of VESTS (voting, inflations protection etc)?

The remaining funds retain their benefits and you can cancel the withdraw request at any time.

Are you fast enough?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: