Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:04:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending Bitcoins  (Read 101027 times)
Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:07:57 AM

here in our country, we have a bitcoin wallet provider wherein you can pay electricity bills,water bills,get a personal load,or send some money to your relatives, and many people here are starting to know about bitcoin, someday everything can be bought using bitcoin , power of bitcoin Smiley
Sounds similar to something we have here in Aus but its not a bitcoin wallet, more of a 3rd party that you send btc to and they pay your bills with fiat.

What is the name of this wallet provider you talk of and what country are you in?

What would that be? I'm in Australia too, but I've never heard anything of the like. It's rather impractical though, bitcoin with all it's volatility.

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
fkvidar

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 10:16:01 AM

Spending bitcoins is really good if you find the place to spend it, I don't see any place where I can spend it so am just holding or trying to convert to fiat when necessary.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 10:27:50 AM

here in our country, we have a bitcoin wallet provider wherein you can pay electricity bills,water bills,get a personal load,or send some money to your relatives, and many people here are starting to know about bitcoin, someday everything can be bought using bitcoin , power of bitcoin Smiley
Sounds similar to something we have here in Aus but its not a bitcoin wallet, more of a 3rd party that you send btc to and they pay your bills with fiat.

What is the name of this wallet provider you talk of and what country are you in?

What would that be? I'm in Australia too, but I've never heard anything of the like. It's rather impractical though, bitcoin with all it's volatility.
The site is livingroomofsatoshi.com check it out.
I receive a portion of my fortnightly paycheck in bitcoin via getpaidinbitcoin.com so the above site is very handy to me.

Decoded
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1030

give me your cryptos

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 11:25:46 AM

I receive a portion of my fortnightly paycheck in bitcoin via getpaidinbitcoin.com so the above site is very handy to me.

Wow. Surprisingly well built site. Do you trust it? Because I don't see any way for them to make profit, as there's no ads and not even a single fee. On top of that, they also have a loyalty rewards program :-/

looking for a signature campaign, dm me for that
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 11:33:44 AM

Wow. Surprisingly well built site. Do you trust it? Because I don't see any way for them to make profit, as there's no ads and not even a single fee. On top of that, they also have a loyalty rewards program :-/
Yes i trust them and it's rare for me to trust anyone.  I have used their service for about 2 years, they took a break for awhile after a few problems but are back now stronger than ever.

I think doof may be involved with them but not 100% on that.

How do you guys make money? What is your incentive for running this service?

Our primary aim at the moment is to grow the bitcoin ecosystem in Australia. We can only be truly successful if bitcoin adoption becomes commonplace, so we developed this service primarily to make bitcoin more useful for everyday Australians.

Having said that, yes, we do make a profit to be able to continue running sustainably. We have developed several trading bots that operate on international exchanges. Combined with volume discounts, these are able to get better prices for your bitcoin than you typically would be able to if you sold your bitcoin on an exchange locally. That's how we make money, and are still able to offer fee-free bill payments.

Marbit

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2016, 01:58:17 PM

There are people who spend bitcoins at stores or at gambling sites but I never do that. I only use Bitcoin to save my money and to make some extra money at the same time.

Right, Everybody is thinking this way to make or grow there money,but it is also a international currency we should to use it because its not a same value per hour if you buy in the morning evening its value is going up.
Maslate

Activity: 3010
Merit: 687

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 04:53:54 AM

There are people who spend bitcoins at stores or at gambling sites but I never do that. I only use Bitcoin to save my money and to make some extra money at the same time.

Right, Everybody is thinking this way to make or grow there money,but it is also a international currency we should to use it because its not a same value per hour if you buy in the morning evening its value is going up.
I like the way on how people see bitcoins as savings or investment, it should be that way because bitcoin is still its early stage, it has a good potential to be more popular in the future as people are slowly adopting due to the benefits, when time comes that it is already widely use the price of it would also increase so its a guaranteed profit for the investors of bitcoins.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Piltover

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 30, 2016, 09:56:27 AM

Spending your Bitcoins will be not the best thing that you can do and that is because it will be more worth later in the future and that can be nice for yourself and holding will be now the best thing that you can do.
But if you want to earn some profit than you have to wait a little longer to sell it with a lot of profit after the price rise.
AsaroUk

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 01:45:22 PM

Spending your Bitcoin will be only nice if you are for sure that you can buy something useful and that would be nice only if you can have some profit or something.
But many people are spending it online because you cant spend it offline and that is the problem, we have to make it more acceptable.
martinacar

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 02:04:07 PM

I do not spend them too often because the fact is that the halving is coming and I want to gain as much as possible profit this year.
I have the most bitcoin also now in a cold storage for this.
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 02:48:45 PM

I would not spend to much Bitcoins because the thing with Bitcoins is that the price can always change again so you might miss out on some chances to make money. Always keep check of the price and how it is moving.
sallymeeh27

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

www.secondstrade.com - 190% return Binary option

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 03:43:51 PM

To grow the adoption of bitcoin we need people spending it as a daily currency.
In my country there is not much I cant buy with bitcoins.
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.
A bitcoin debit card can be very handy.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

I think it's okay to use bitcoin for daily things and in my country it's also rare to find a shop that accept bitcoin, so the solution is sell your bitcoin into fiat and buy with it.
I do the same thing in my country too we do not have shop not that I am aware of does accept bitcoin maybe it’s because it is not that familiar with people for we all mostly use money to buy things. It was late for me to discover bitcoin in my entire life and it was wonderful how money works for bitcoin. I mostly spend my earnings with bitcoin through very important things just like food and some fare to get me into work. This matters the most for me and it’s been a big help to survive in all the way.

adibe

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 04:14:17 PM

I would not spend to much Bitcoins because the thing with Bitcoins is that the price can always change again so you might miss out on some chances to make money. Always keep check of the price and how it is moving.

I also do the same like you, i'm stop spending my bitcoin since 2 days ago. Because the price of bitcoin is increase so high, so i think, it's better hold first my bitcoin.
DodoB

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 08:03:35 PM

Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

I still think buying non digital goods with cash is better since you cant make any mistakes like sending to the wrong address,and its fast.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2016, 12:50:18 AM

I still think buying non digital goods with cash is better since you cant make any mistakes like sending to the wrong address,and its fast.
For someone like me who doesn't use credit cards online purchases are easier with bitcoin.
You can always make mistakes with cash too, I travelled to the US once and had to double check every note i was handing over.

sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 11:41:02 AM

For now i didnt spend my bitcoin, because im look forward for the big increase on its price, rather i only use my bitcoin by top up my mobile and bills payment.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 12:26:05 PM

I tend to spend bitcoins for various things,I try to hold on one side,but also when I need to purchase something I do it and don't hesitate.After all,it's good when people spend bitcoin and increase it's trading volume and it's popularity.

prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
June 03, 2016, 12:50:32 PM

For now i didnt spend my bitcoin, because im look forward for the big increase on its price, rather i only use my bitcoin by top up my mobile and bills payment.
Like you, I am also preferring to save bitcoins for some longer period, but sometimes I'm getting forced to use my bitcoin is for some of my essential needs. I'm trying for alternate income sources to boost up my bitcoin saving so that I will spend less amount of bitcoins.
Cybertron00

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 06:53:54 AM

here on our country bitcoin is known as bad guys money cause they only heard bitcoin on news when drug dealers and killer for hires that accept bitcoin so we can't use it cause people have bad impression to it you can only use it to pay bills and if you want to buys something you need to convert it into our currency then cash-out before you can use it
arwin100

Activity: 2744
Merit: 811

Jack of all trades 💯

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2016, 12:37:43 PM

here on our country bitcoin is known as bad guys money cause they only heard bitcoin on news when drug dealers and killer for hires that accept bitcoin so we can't use it cause people have bad impression to it you can only use it to pay bills and if you want to buys something you need to convert it into our currency then cash-out before you can use it

Yes for at very start i know bitcoin is bad money used in darknet were it is their currency their and it is their payments for illegal service like buying drugs,hire a hacker and anything bad yoy can imagine is their in darknet, but when i try bitcoin well i see theirs a good side with it and i really thankfull that i know bitcoin, and by bitcoin i have money to spend in shopping,wandering and  buying things i want and it is been use for my friend and they spend us wise the same as i because its hard to earn bitcoin.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: