Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:54:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending Bitcoins  (Read 101027 times)
wintermeasures

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:45:56 PM

To grow the adoption of bitcoin we need people spending it as a daily currency.
In my country there is not much I cant buy with bitcoins.
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.
A bitcoin debit card can be very handy.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

My first problem same with you, in my country stores have not received the bitcoin as a payer, while if it is just shop online shops. And second in my country still lay about bitcoin and also branded as criminals or corrupt currency with money laundering. therefore no legitimate decision of the government about bitcoin. thank you
jiefes

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 12:50:28 PM

Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

Shopping everyday with bitcoin looks like a purchases with banknote of $ 1 million or by gold bullion. I suppose for that reason will be established some altcoins. They will play the role of small money.
DeDordtenaar

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:01:59 PM

My first problem same with you, in my country stores have not received the bitcoin as a payer, while if it is just shop online shops. And second in my country still lay about bitcoin and also branded as criminals or corrupt currency with money laundering. therefore no legitimate decision of the government about bitcoin. thank you
I think it is a common problem for the users of bitcoin and I think the government would never legalize forever bitcoin as payment method in their country because the government might think that bitcoin is a competitor. so it will be difficult for bitcoin to be legalized. what do you think to solve this problem?

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                 
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,         
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖       
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌     
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,   
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌   
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`   
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████     
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜       
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀         
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin | Private, Secure & Untraceable Cryptocurrency |  Enigma
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
quandao40

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:47:14 PM

I  think bit will user more countrys in future
hao567tao

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 01:54:27 PM

I  buy a little product  in my country,I think it 's the problem of the history
Ardenyham
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

Don't Hesitate to Tip me for My Helps and Guides.

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:16:58 PM

Your first problem is the problem of majority bitcoiner here. unfortunately 99.9% users not able to use bitcoin at live. but it doesn't mean that we should stop adopting bitcoin or stop using bitcoin.
we have lots of alternative options to spend our bitcoin.. as OP mentioned a site for bill payment, we have many sites and services to get our daily needs with bitcoin. and if these services don't work in some countries then they can easily convert to bitcoin to fiat via paypal and use them..

The Main Motive of OP is that everyone should spend their bitcoin some how to help bitcoin more people to adopt it.
pocarime32

Activity: 420

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:40:41 PM

Your first problem is the problem of majority bitcoiner here. unfortunately 99.9% users not able to use bitcoin at live. but it doesn't mean that we should stop adopting bitcoin or stop using bitcoin.
we have lots of alternative options to spend our bitcoin.. as OP mentioned a site for bill payment, we have many sites and services to get our daily needs with bitcoin. and if these services don't work in some countries then they can easily convert to bitcoin to fiat via paypal and use them..

The Main Motive of OP is that everyone should spend their bitcoin some how to help bitcoin more people to adopt it.

Yes you are right. Spending bitcoins not always about spending on real life, i also spend my bitcoins by paying my electric voucher and i spend some on gambling.
Carlsen

Activity: 910
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 02:56:04 PM

Yes you are right. Spending bitcoins not always about spending on real life, i also spend my bitcoins by paying my electric voucher and i spend some on gambling.

I think it would be a big step in the right direction if we could persue all those who buy digital goods (vpn, filhosters etc) to use bitcoins.
Those people are allready digitally evolved and can understand the benefits of bitcoins easier than the normal desktop user.

It's me!!!
diodio5

Activity: 490

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:37:44 PM

Spending bitcoins is really good if you find the place to spend it, I don't see any place where I can spend it so am just holding or trying to convert to fiat when necessary.
yeah people are more often detained and then converted to a fiat to do shopping and buy other necessities. if bitcoin accepted at various merchant. certainly it would be helpful for future adoption. but as you know we find it difficult to spending offline
blackmachinegun

Activity: 532

View Profile
June 05, 2016, 11:59:16 PM

For now i didnt spend my bitcoin, because im look forward for the big increase on its price, rather i only use my bitcoin by top up my mobile and bills payment.
I think the hold will not be of any help for the deployment and adoption period. but if you are afraid because the shop is an extravagance. you're free to do anything. might be good if you do activities like a small thing. buy a mobile phone top up. it includes help for the adoption of bitcoin #imo
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 03:24:26 AM

i wish real coin of bitcoin will be use by buying in local store here in my country.
Cyaren

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 07:26:38 AM

Yeah, in Australia you can definitely pay all your bills via Living Room of Satoshi. It's actually quite simple.

I agree with you that we need to use bitcoin as a daily currency in order to make it grow more substantially. But using a bitcoin debit card doesn't help - because you're technically still spending fiat currency. Only when you're spending bitcoin itself does it affect bitcoin communities in a positive way.
Ethalir

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 10:39:27 AM

Spending your Bitcoin will be only good when the value is higher otherwise it will be sin and you can even earn some more money later with it and that is nice.
The only thing is that it can takes a long time until the value will be higher so that is bad.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 01:33:39 PM

Yeah, in Australia you can definitely pay all your bills via Living Room of Satoshi. It's actually quite simple.

I agree with you that we need to use bitcoin as a daily currency in order to make it grow more substantially. But using a bitcoin debit card doesn't help - because you're technically still spending fiat currency. Only when you're spending bitcoin itself does it affect bitcoin communities in a positive way.

I get that. Still like a credit card. Where you spend it by putting your fiat in a card. Credit card is just different because the banks are paying the initial payment and you would pay them later. Better just put all bitcoin in a wallet then use the online website when paying.
CryptoBjorn

Activity: 714

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 02:48:41 PM

I suggest that people who want to make money do not spend there coins because it is getting allot harder to earn Bitcoins so that means that it will be harder to earn money that way.
Skaven

Activity: 260

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 03:32:06 PM

Look this is the best way to spent your bitcoins dont waste them on some stupid websites to buy all kind of worthless stuff. But invest your coins in companys who use the bitcoin and you will get more back than when you buy allot of un necesery bullshit.
plost24

Activity: 462

View Profile
June 06, 2016, 05:54:11 PM

there is many people waiting for the price of bitcoin to reach 1000$ so for me just waiting is not great think to do.
you need to make that money grow by your own like to work with them and make some profit or you just spend them to some life needs you don't know when the right moment will come that you are waiting for it. so spend btc or invest it or even trade with it but don't save it it will make the price don't grow anymore.

For rent 1.4 Bitcoin for 11 months starting Feb 1 2017
ElpadroBitcoin

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 08:48:32 AM

I would rather spend cash then Bitcoins because the value of the Bitcoin can go up again which gives you the option to make money. I suggest that you spend as less Bitcoins as possible. 
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2016, 09:08:52 AM

I would rather spend cash then Bitcoins because the value of the Bitcoin can go up again which gives you the option to make money. I suggest that you spend as less Bitcoins as possible. 
Hopefully not but what goes up can always come down as well.
If you hold out for a better price when is that price good enough, just saying if you had $200 worth of btc now and next month those same coins are only worth $50 then your going to wish you had of spent them.

hermanhs09

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 07, 2016, 09:23:43 AM

Look this is the best way to spent your bitcoins dont waste them on some stupid websites to buy all kind of worthless stuff. But invest your coins in companys who use the bitcoin and you will get more back than when you buy allot of un necesery bullshit.

Buying stuff that you don't need is one of the worst decisions you can ever make in your life. Not only do they distract you from your daily lives, they will also waste a lot of your hard earned bitcoins.

Investing bitcoins indeed are a good way of spending bitcoins, however there are lots of scams out there.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: