Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:14:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Spending Bitcoins  (Read 101025 times)
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 08:47:07 AM

Exactly and not only gambling people are spending huge amount of bitcoins even on trading sites and that is the best thing for the bitcoin economy as we need circulation of coins and cannot afford to keep our bitcoins idle in our wallet.
I will hold my coins for now, there is not enough good incentive for me to spend them. Sending them now, when we need to pay a half dollar transaction fee is a bit of waste IMO.
There is no exactly any incentive to use your coins when they might be worth 2x or 3x of current value in a year. Plus, you need to have access to your coins if/when Hard Fork happens.

Exactly,this is the point of spending the coins, we need to circulate it to the market. We need to help bitcoin to grow. You know what once we hold long the bitcoin the developers will be urge to produce many coins.

Not everyone wish to spend their coins and will not spend until the price of bitcoins have their target price as bitcoin is a pure investment for them so they will sell or spend them only when they are making enough profits from it.

I think it is better to spend a small percentage to help the circulation.

Yeah and I think everyone is spending certain percentage of their coins on trading and gambling sites hoping to make quick money and which is also helping the circulation but those who don't have any knowledge of trading and gambling will prefer not to spend their coins and will hold them for the future.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BingoDog

Activity: 658
Merit: 505

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:21:43 AM

People have different goals what to do with their coins but I consider bitcoin to be money and money is meant to be spent. But finding balance between spending and keeping coins could be very important and sometimes very hard. Bitcoin shouldn't just sit idle in wallets, it should circulate also.

malaj
CoinThinker

Activity: 462

Only the best is The be best...

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 09:56:58 AM

People have different goals what to do with their coins but I consider bitcoin to be money and money is meant to be spent. But finding balance between spending and keeping coins could be very important and sometimes very hard. Bitcoin shouldn't just sit idle in wallets, it should circulate also.

People are circulating it on trading and gambling sites so I don't think that people are only holding it and  that is good for the economy of bitcoins and people would not be selling their bitcoins but they are surely spending them online to grow their coins in quick time.

TheGodFather

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 11:07:09 AM

There are people who spend bitcoins at stores or at gambling sites but I never do that. I only use Bitcoin to save my money and to make some extra money at the same time.

Yeah. Actually most of us here are only earning bitcoin for fun. Me as well. But some are earning as a dayjob already. And yeah, most of us is spending bitcoin at gambling sites because it makes us fun and happy.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2017, 11:18:10 AM

To grow the adoption of bitcoin we need people spending it as a daily currency.
In my country there is not much I cant buy with bitcoins.
Granted not a lot of retailers accept BTC yet but with all the services available now they dont need to.
A bitcoin debit card can be very handy.

Nowadays if I need to pay a bill then I can pay any bill via a site called livingroomofsatoshi

Please list any reasons why you could not use bitcoin for day to day expenses and maybe we can find a way.

One reason why we could not use bitcoin for day to day or daily expenses is because bitcoin is still not legal in other countries. Another is not all countries uses bitcoin for making money transfer and there are countries that does not know about bitcoin. Maybe they have heard about bitcoin but they does not allow it to be used for transactions.

As an example is in my country, we do not use bitcoin for daily expenses because it's existence is not yet known here. Bitcoin is really popular today but not for all people. It still needs to be properly introduced in order for it to be used in daily life transactions legally.

It is so easy to spot the amateur signature spammers, all they ever do is quote the OP and write a few lines that added up is often just add up to a bunch of rubbish.

Bitcoin may be outlawed in some countries but as long as you have an internet connection then you can still use bitcoin, even the great firewall of China can't stop it.

What country are you in?

dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
April 12, 2017, 12:26:53 PM

There are people who spend bitcoins at stores or at gambling sites but I never do that. I only use Bitcoin to save my money and to make some extra money at the same time.

Yeah. Actually most of us here are only earning bitcoin for fun. Me as well. But some are earning as a dayjob already. And yeah, most of us is spending bitcoin at gambling sites because it makes us fun and happy.

If you have good stable job with good pay then you can afford to spend your bitcoins on gambling for fun purposes as even if you loose you have a back up in terms of your salary but it would be good if you try to save bitcoins instead of wasting them on gambling.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 08:26:55 AM

If you have good stable job with good pay then you can afford to spend your bitcoins on gambling for fun purposes as even if you loose you have a back up in terms of your salary but it would be good if you try to save bitcoins instead of wasting them on gambling.
Gambling is a waste of good bitcoins in my books too but some must like it because it is one of the fastest growing industries using bitcoin as a payment method.

Spend and use bitcoin to help support the network but that doesn't mean you have to do so with almost everything you buy like me, save and holding is also good for the bitcoin ecosystem as a whole.

geopolisch

Activity: 1022
Merit: 511

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 12:28:41 PM

If spending your bitcoins online then there is big risks of someone not playing fair because it is an irreversible currency.
If purchasing something through the forum here then always use an reputable escrow provider, some are free and other charges a small fee but it is worth the piece of mind.
Yes, but everywhere escrow cannot be use either. Though guys there are few sites that I trust now completely like piiko, bitrefill (for recharges ) and unocoin (for bank withdrawals of BTC ) and a lot more.
If would have been great had we got a list of all the sites that offer a particular service so that we have a genuine list of legit marketplace of bitcoins.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 04:12:28 PM

I am not spending my bitcoins directly but I spend them indirectly by selling them and converting them to fiat currency as that is the only option I have at a moment as I don't see any direct places where I can spend my bitcoins directly as none of them accepts bitcoin as a mode of payment at a moment.
Find a way to spend them directly with the businesses online that you want to purchase good from or even try see if purse.io has what you want. As a last option you could always use a third party provider that converts your bitcoins to the currency the place you are shopping at accepts but that is best left as a finale option and needs a lot of research before putting that sort of trust in another company.

I can not now trust my bitcoins to anyone. I lost a lot in HYIP. So I decided to just hold bitcoin. Now I do not want to spend it. Maybe in the future I will change my mind

You lost your bitcoins in the past because you invested at a wrong place but there is no risk in spending bitcoin for buying or for shopping you can easily spend it but if you have made your mind not to spend them then keep your bitcoins safe in your wallet.
Well someone once scammed makes every decision very cautiously and you cannot blame them neither you ca change their minds and I am actually with thee people. Its better to hold bitcoins and when need something just convert in fiat and buy them. The problem is that there are 50+ sites opened everyday to scam people and not everyone can differentiate between scam and legit sites.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:13:55 PM

its not good to invest in HYIP programs because we can not know if the programs is real and trusted or just a scam programs. but if you have bad experience with HYIP in the past, then i think you don't do it again in future and only spending bitcoin for important things and buy something that you really wants.
The discussion is not if the HYIP sites are good or bad rather it's more about how e can spend our bitcoins in various stores. The place where I live there are no bitcoins ATM's but the city next to me, I heard some ATM have been installed there recently though I am not sure.

I believe there are no stores and nothing needed if we can get the bitcoins ATMs everywhere since they can get cash and spend them and deposit the rest again to get bitcoins.
Jewell

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 08:38:26 PM

Exactly and not only gambling people are spending huge amount of bitcoins even on trading sites and that is the best thing for the bitcoin economy as we need circulation of coins and cannot afford to keep our bitcoins idle in our wallet.
I will hold my coins for now, there is not enough good incentive for me to spend them. Sending them now, when we need to pay a half dollar transaction fee is a bit of waste IMO.
There is no exactly any incentive to use your coins when they might be worth 2x or 3x of current value in a year. Plus, you need to have access to your coins if/when Hard Fork happens.

Exactly,this is the point of spending the coins, we need to circulate it to the market. We need to help bitcoin to grow. You know what once we hold long the bitcoin the developers will be urge to produce many coins.

Not everyone wish to spend their coins and will not spend until the price of bitcoins have their target price as bitcoin is a pure investment for them so they will sell or spend them only when they are making enough profits from it.

Yeah and I think everyone is spending certain percentage of their coins on trading and gambling sites hoping to make quick money and which is also helping the circulation but those who don't have any knowledge of trading and gambling will prefer not to spend their coins and will hold them for the future.
to i think it is not right time to spend or invest your bitcoin anywhere, i think you need to hold your bitcoin for the price increase as it is expecting by the expert of bitcoin that the price of bitcoin will increase more and more.
delliaerd

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 13, 2017, 10:24:05 PM

to i think it is not right time to spend or invest your bitcoin anywhere, i think you need to hold your bitcoin for the price increase as it is expecting by the expert of bitcoin that the price of bitcoin will increase more and more.

I couldn't agree more with you dude. Investing bitcoin for now is not bad as you said, botj holding and invest is need to wait. So when you found a legitimate place to invest it would be great . Your bitcoin still hold as investment but for advance you got a profit while bitcoin increase the price in the future.

..C..
........Finally C is .........
...........            ............
       ............            ............
...................      ....................

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2017, 11:05:24 PM

I couldn't agree more with you dude. Investing bitcoin for now is not bad as you said, botj holding and invest is need to wait. So when you found a legitimate place to invest it would be great . Your bitcoin still hold as investment but for advance you got a profit while bitcoin increase the price in the future.
Why not just do both, start receiving your pay in bitcoin through bitpay or getpaidinbitcoin depending on where you live. You can then use bitcoin to pay for bills and usual expenses and move a percentage to an offline saving address each week.
This will help drive supply and demand and then in turn increased btc price.

BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 12:34:50 AM

yeah because when prices go up you're going to pay for the goods cheaper than before. sometimes I wait for prices to rise for spending. so I can get the goods cheaper lol

bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 12:55:25 AM

yeah because when prices go up you're going to pay for the goods cheaper than before. sometimes I wait for prices to rise for spending. so I can get the goods cheaper lol

So many people here are saying that it is better just to hold your bitcoins for a price rise and although it is good advise I am sure these people haven't moved all their fiat savings into bitcoin, if they truly believe that the price will do nothing but good up then why not go all in..

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 01:08:47 AM

So many people here are saying that it is better just to hold your bitcoins for a price rise and although it is good advise I am sure these people haven't moved all their fiat savings into bitcoin, if they truly believe that the price will do nothing but good up then why not go all in..
They are not going all in on bitcoin because they want to keep playing safe, if you go all in on bitcoin then you can't sleep very well because you will always mind your investment if they are going to win or lose. If you want to sleep very well and calm then you should not go all in one platform only. Do diversify and not only put in bitcoin because even we believed in bitcoin, there is still a risk for us to loss.
bitkilo (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2017, 01:15:10 AM

They are not going all in on bitcoin because they want to keep playing safe, if you go all in on bitcoin then you can't sleep very well because you will always mind your investment if they are going to win or lose. If you want to sleep very well and calm then you should not go all in one platform only. Do diversify and not only put in bitcoin because even we believed in bitcoin, there is still a risk for us to loss.
Read up on a little of the history with the fiat banking system, many many banks over the years have had to tell their customers when they asked for their savings that "I am sorry sir but that bank does not have your money" and there is not shit you can do about it,  meanwhile the bank ceo's still get to float away with their $50mil plus golden parachute.

NEWGOODOUBLE

Activity: 476

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:21:16 AM

because spending will require a rate or price so if you're spending time low price of course you have to pay more bitcoin. That's why many users suggested a hold first
Astvile

Activity: 1484
Merit: 276

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:47:17 AM

First reason is that in our country bitcoins is still developing and the industry is still waiting to get discovered by huge company and let them see the potential of bitcoins to be one of the currency that we can spend day by day.Second is some government treats bitcoins as illegal thats why you/we cant use it in daily expenses

[ monero.cx ]        CREATE A NEW EXCHANGE
  Contact Us            PGP Key            Mirror URLs  |
████████████EXCHANGE ████████████
Barrymore

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:54:42 AM

First reason is that in our country bitcoins is still developing and the industry is still waiting to get discovered by huge company and let them see the potential of bitcoins to be one of the currency that we can spend day by day.Second is some government treats bitcoins as illegal thats why you/we cant use it in daily expenses
The government will not be able to resist the will of the people. Of course, it can promote or inhibit the development of cryptocurrency, but stopping him is not possible. It seems to me that the reason that bitcoin has not yet won the confidence of all people. Once that happens the transactions between people will become a reality.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 »
  Print  

Jump to: