Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:29:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [DASH] Dash - Building the IoM | Dash Nation Progress Thread  (Read 41772 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 05:45:29 PM

Good evening everyone.

This thread is becoming quite entertaining! The detractors have sensed the tide turning, and have thrown everything but the kitchen sink at us here. Lots of long winded posts, full of "half-truth, half-spin" that they have been allowed to get away with for two years. Damn, we are popular! You can arrive at your own conclusions why they are here day in and day out, it doesn't take much to figure it out.

Indeed. My pop-psychology hypothesis is that the world of cryptotech attracts a certain breed of folks that achieve a certain amount ego-gratification by poking at prominent projects. Kinda like the loudmouth 13 year old insecure punk we all knew in grade school. Heck, some of us used to be that punk. And heck, some of these guys posting are probably 13! Some sure come across as such.

Anyway... Dash is doing good things. These gnats can continue to annoy in their attempt at inflated self-importance. While they continue to proclaim the "end is nigh" and hand out Jack Chick tracts, Dash will continue to improve and innovate.

Thank you for your kind words. I'm glad that our simple message is getting through to people.

Dash Nation is diverse, but united in a common goal. It's not about trashing other projects, we in fact encourage competition in this open-sourced space. Competition breeds innovation. But competing through baseless attacks on other coins is not the way to do it. Dash will lead by example in the crypto space through it's dedication to progress, optimism and decentralized technology. That's what matters to us.

Good luck to ETH, good luck to XMR, good luck to LTC and all cryptos.

Dash is focused on creating the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money. That's what we intend to create, and we would welcome anyone who shares our values and wants to build an exciting product for the world to use.

Cheers,

Tao

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 18, 2016, 05:47:14 PM

Hurrah for Dash Nation, I can't wait to get a passport Smiley How does Dash fair when it comes to the internet of money though? I mean, obviously digital cash is the right place to start but the IoM is more than just a buzzword and pretty damn soon everything will be talking to every other thing with payments as just another communications channel and before we know it our shoes will be sensing when their tread depth is getting low and ordering up a new pair and probably booking us in to see an orthopediatrician in the process.

Cryptocurrency has got that ball rolling, legacy currency would have got around to it sometime in the unforeseeable future but crypto's making it happen today and it will be a huge change, probably even bigger than the changes brought about by the internet with an unimaginable number and variety of transactions. Digital cash is just one part of that and maybe even a small part when most of what we do with money today can just work automagically in the background. That world is probably as inconceivable to us now as todays world was when the postal system was the cutting edge of communications technology but todays ideas will build its foundations and Dash Nation is a place for those ideas to grow.
Very well said. Thank you for all your help in demonstrating what Dash is really about. Changing two years of popular opinion was never going to be easy...  Cheesy

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 12:41:46 AM
Last edit: April 30, 2016, 01:46:04 AM by mprep

i want this coin. <3
Thank you for your interest. You're quite welcome in Dash Nation. Cheers!

Well, after the entertaining day we had yesterday, peace and tranquility has reigned today. They say that's good for the soul. Are we out of the woods yet? Time will tell, but I'm not holding my breath.

Anyone who wants to help us create a passion around progress, optimism and decentralized technology is welcome to join us on the Public Dash Slack Channel: https://digitalcash.signup.team/ That's where all of the best chat happens about digital cash.

Dash is creating the digital cash that Satoshi envisioned, the Internet of Money.

I invite you all to join us.

Tao (Dash Nation Campaign Founder)

cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 12:49:42 AM

i want this coin. <3

no you don't

Read about this scam coin first... if you still want it after that then seek medical assistance immediately.

Here let me try again. Read it. You are saying simply because you have no 100% specific numbers it can't have happened Smiley okay

Let's take a look at the first 5 h of Darkcoin (XCoin at that time)...

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4589219#msg4589219
Edufield said (after failed launch) that he will wait the next day to launch DRK (XCoin at that time) it is 11 pm.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4591407#msg4591407
Edufield disregard windows wallet and daemon and hurry up his launch, presumably to not have windows miners on board.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4592827#msg4592827
Edufield say he added four nodes for the launch at 4 am (5 hours later, despite his promise to wait). The 4 nodes from Edufield are 3 amazons AWS + another unknown (whois IP). Launch started at 3h54 am.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593601#msg4593601
Edufield said the github version was not updated, nobody could compile and only Edufield was able to mine until that time. It is 5.09 am and Edufield instamined alone 1153 block at 500 DRK + 60 block at reward 277 = 593120 DRK for him alone in about 1 hour.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4593987#msg4593987
No windows wallet confirmed at 5h47 am, despite a user attempt to make one avaiable, that Edufield dismissed quickly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4594096#msg4594096
Illodin, understand dev has instamined alot of coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg4595573#msg4595573
From this list of nodes, at 8h34 am (4h40 after launch) there were 50 Amazon AWS node and 50 microsoft cloud computing instamining DRK (checked using IP whois service). This is 100/124 nodes using cloud computing to instamine DRK. We are at block 2870 and block reward is 500. From block 1153-1729 block reward is 277. After that it is 500 again hence 2294 block at 500 + 576 at 277 = 1306552 DRK (worth about 13M$ now) were instamined in less than 5 hour by Edufield and coworkers using about 100 cloud mining instances. Edufield himself instamined in not even 5 h from 600K to 1169K DRK ((1306K-600K)*100/124 + 600K) depending how many of the 100 cloud mining instance were its own. All this while having purposefully set the difficult ridiculously low and block reward 100 times what it is now.

SCAM = unfair and dishonest scheme = dash

This latest defence is so strange. Where are the victims ? what are you talking about it is there in black and white.

1. everyone who was told it was a fair launch LIKE ALL THE OTHER LAUNCHES AT THE TIME. - then prevented from mining fairly = scammed
2. everyone who was told there would be much more opportunity to mine ( then that got slashed by 75%) - prevented from mining the coins that were then taken away = scammed.

here are your victims.

3. everyone buying now thinking dash can go somewhere not knowing the scam it is will forever hold it back = being scammed.

Every dasher on here trying to scam others into supporting your scam = scammers.

I will be updating my scammers thread to add all of your names to it.

Denying a scam after it is proven time and time again to you in black and white = scam enabler and defender = scammer.

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 01:12:16 AM

cryptotech attracts a certain breed of folks that achieve a certain amount ego-gratification by poking at prominent projects.

These gnats can continue to annoy in their attempt at inflated self-importance. While they continue to proclaim the "end is nigh" and hand out Jack Chick tracts, Dash will continue to improve and innovate.

Bitcoin is a "prominent project" in cryptotech.

Litecoin is a "prominent project" in cryptotech.

Ethereum is a "prominent project" in cryptotech.

Ripple is a "prominent project" in cryptotech.

Even OpenBaazar and ZeroCash are arguably "prominent projects."

Dash is not a "prominent project" in cryptotech.  Nobody cares about Dash except bagholders living in the past, clinging to broken hopes and rapidly dissipating dreams.

Perhaps Dash was "prominent" at the height of its hype cycle/price pump two years ago, but not anymore.  Darksend is obsolete compared to Monero, Confidential Tx, and especially Monero+RingCT.  InstantX is obsolete compared to Lightning and XCN.

The "end is nigh" for the instained Dash scam, just as it was for Paycoin, Neucoin, and Cryptsy.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 01:20:56 AM

Don't forget, cryptohunter, to add your friend smooth there in a list of scammers. He invests in what he belives is a scam and have no problems with making money with it  Wink

I only own a small amount at the moment, so I wouldn't represent my holdings a serious investment position.

Asking about good points is a fair question, though. In no particular order:

Releases tend to, you know, get released. The last major release was a significant upgrade and seemed to have relatively few roll out problems. That speaks to the ability of the team to deliver.

It has low inflation, so in a weak market (one driven more by supply considerations than consistent demand) on might expect less price weakness from dumping of new supply than otherwise. I'm not sure about this though, as one can look to something like Nxt which has zero inflation and has still performed terribly, and Dash hasn't retained value all that well either. Nxt lacks Dash's structural incentive to hold though so that may make a difference (you can stake, but the rewards are negligible).

The InstantX system, while flawed, is like most "zero conf" systems in that is sufficient for casual transitions, and is deployed. If there were actually a lot of routine commerce going on with Dash that would be very nice. There isn't, but the feature being there means one obstacle has been removed.

Likewise Darksend is also not perfect, but again for a degree of casual privacy it exists and mostly works. This could until recently be viewed as a clear improvement on Bitcoin, although JoinMarket has come on the scene and is probably about as good as Darksend (which is to say both are flawed, but the flaws are different), so I'm not sure this is true any more. Darksend is still a bit more mature, as JoinMarket hasn't been integrated into any wallets yet, though I do expect that to happen.

In general, I don't like the idea of investing in what is basically a one-man asset, but as leaders go, Evan seems to do a good job and I would rate his day-to-day leadership as apparently favorable (I don't see everything "behind the scenes" of course so I can't say absolutely this is true). I think Dash would do well to develop a broader team of visible people with both leadership and technical skills though.

The idea of (large) coin holders voting to allocate a budget is worth experimenting with.

It has a high market cap ranking which has its own value in terms of visibility.

As a hedge it may be mathematically worth owning some even if you don't think it will succeed (though you do need to believe there is at least some change it will appreciate in value, which I do). There aren't really any other vehicles with directly comparable properties.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 01:40:21 AM

Denying a scam after it is proven time and time again to you in black and white = scam enabler and defender = scammer.
You and your band of detractors are more than welcome to actually prove any intentional wrongdoing in this project. You haven't up to this point. Thank you though for reminding us of our past, and that no one is perfect.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 02:10:41 AM

Don't forget, cryptohunter, to add your friend smooth there in a list of scammers. He invests in what he belives is a scam and have no problems with making money with it  Wink

Damn right, I'll invest in anything that I think will go up in value and, when feasible, short anything I believe will go down in value. I've done both with Dash, Bytecoin, Factom, and a bunch other scams (haven't shorted Bytecoin). In no way is trading an endorsement.

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 03:13:16 AM

You and your band of detractors are more than welcome to actually prove any intentional wrongdoing in this project. You haven't up to this point. Thank you though for reminding us of our past, and that no one is perfect.

P. Dash was "accidentally" instamined?  Ya right, what an obvious scam.

Q. No one is perfect LOL XD

^^Perfect.
Same old ICEBREAKER. I really appreciate you of all of the detractors because you have an uncanny knack for proving my points every time you post.

Got any new evidence? I thought not.

This thread is about progress, and with every post you make you demonstrate that you are clearly on the wrong side of it.

HinnomTX

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:36:46 AM

Damn, dat DASH is popular! Thanks everybody for keeping DASH on page 1! The cream always rises to the top.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 03:48:08 AM

First Quarter 2016 Dash Expense Report

https://dashtalk.org/threads/first-quarter-2016-expense-report.8691/
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 05:11:53 AM

Fantastic report. It really demonstrates how many things are going on simultaneously to propel Dash forward from under BTC's shadow.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 05:18:39 AM

Fantastic report. It really demonstrates how many things are going on simultaneously to propel Dash forward from under BTC's shadow.

these reports are dam hard work (kudos to babyg and kot)
there would probably be some more things on that list if we all had the time to participate properly  Wink
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:07:33 AM

This thread is about progress

Progress is moving from gullible bagholder that believes in "accidental" instamines to well-informed scam-savvy investor.

Here's a great example of progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3221&v=6u6aA0vUKOQ

"Now that I know more about the instamine...I'm no longer a fan of Dash" said Tone Vays.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:33:45 AM

...well, "progress" at least for anyone desperately trying to scoop up a new quote they can recycle for the next 6 months cos their troll fodder's so stale Wink
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 06:42:59 AM

If Tao hadn't gotten into such a hissy fit about Tone Vay's statement, I'd have never heard about it.

Well, just shows you...there's something for everyone in this thread.

Tao is very friendly - friendlier than me. I'm not even allowed to criticise other coins in here Wink
TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:51:29 AM

This thread is about progress

Progress is moving from gullible bagholder that believes in "accidental" instamines to well-informed scam-savvy investor.

Here's a great example of progress: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3221&v=6u6aA0vUKOQ

"Now that I know more about the instamine...I'm no longer a fan of Dash" said Tone Vays.
You and your band of detractors have done a fantastic job "controlling" the narrative about Dash for the last two years. Tone Vays is a perfect example of your hard work and dedication to spin and innuendo paying dividends. Kudos!

Unfortunately, that control you've enjoyed is over now. The Dash team are taking our identity back from here on out. That's progress.

You have inspired me, and now I'm going to inspire others to join Dash Nation and create a passion around progress, optimism and decentralized technology.

You're welcome to hang out for the ride...

TaoOfSaatoshi (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2016, 06:57:03 AM

If Tao hadn't gotten into such a hissy fit about Tone Vay's statement, I'd have never heard about it.

Well, just shows you...there's something for everyone in this thread.

Tao is very friendly - friendlier than me. I'm not even allowed to criticise other coins in here Wink

Tok, this is not my thread, it's Dash Nation's. Conduct yourself as you like, you've earned it.  Grin

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 07:16:55 AM

Conduct yourself as you like

Thanks, I'll bear that in mind !  Grin
Lukas_Jackson

Activity: 615
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 19, 2016, 09:44:46 AM

Damn right, I'll invest in anything that I think will go up in value and, when feasible, short anything I believe will go down in value. I've done both with Dash, Bytecoin, Factom, and a bunch other scams (haven't shorted Bytecoin). In no way is trading an endorsement.

You see, I have problems with investing or even trading what I believe are scams. I don't want this kind of money.
You know what rats of this world say? Money does not stink. You just showed that you have no rules nor restraint in life. You are available to the highest bidder.
Well done and thanks for the words of truth about yourself.

It is easier to be an aggressive victim than to be a free man.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: