Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 06:30:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 [715] 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 ... 822 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚡[ANN]⚡ ▐░Espers [ESP]░▌▐░PoW/PoS░▌▐░HMQ1725 Algo░▌ ▐░New Features░▌  (Read 923777 times)
kiddo

Activity: 546
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 10:52:19 AM

On this page and the previous pages, there are some talks about a "community" fork, whatever that means. I'm only interested in it because if it gives users the same amount of Espers as the original, then it's like another air drop. Can keep it or sell it or trade it.
A group of some big ESP2 investors decided to bail out after the developer just kept lying and start their own project, possibly forking it or at least starting a new project which would give people the ability to swap their ESP. There is supposed to be an update either tomorrow or today.

I don't hold any espers but I hold insane (which is a dev related project) at first sight this thing is smelling like a scam to me, because "investors decided to start a new project", OK they are investors but I don't think they are developers too. And even if they are, why would they do this, just to make a good for the other holders, why do they care about others? Second and the big thing which made me wonder about this fork-swap thing is that you can't fork a coin and also make a swap, each espers holder will have the same amount of the forked espers, like Bitcoin Cash. I'm not supporting neither the original espers neither the forked coin, just think twice before you make this swap. Cheers!
thehihoguy

Activity: 497
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 12:15:53 PM

On this page and the previous pages, there are some talks about a "community" fork, whatever that means. I'm only interested in it because if it gives users the same amount of Espers as the original, then it's like another air drop. Can keep it or sell it or trade it.
A group of some big ESP2 investors decided to bail out after the developer just kept lying and start their own project, possibly forking it or at least starting a new project which would give people the ability to swap their ESP. There is supposed to be an update either tomorrow or today.

I don't hold any espers but I hold insane (which is a dev related project) at first sight this thing is smelling like a scam to me, because "investors decided to start a new project", OK they are investors but I don't think they are developers too. And even if they are, why would they do this, just to make a good for the other holders, why do they care about others? Second and the big thing which made me wonder about this fork-swap thing is that you can't fork a coin and also make a swap, each espers holder will have the same amount of the forked espers, like Bitcoin Cash. I'm not supporting neither the original espers neither the forked coin, just think twice before you make this swap. Cheers!

Good points, specially since you could make a cheap clone of espers, get all original espers through swap, drop your clone and enjoy all your free espers^^
rambooow

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 01:52:18 PM

Yesterday I bought 8519 ESP2 at Nova. I downloaded the wallet and withdraw the coins to that adres (EYA1mdq1jRsmtr9Fh5QQ1Ysp7ixqQZ8Fbj).  http://espv2.miningalts.com/address/EYA1mdq1jRsmtr9Fh5QQ1Ysp7ixqQZ8Fbj
The wallet was still syncing. When it was done I had an other address (EKc8MYS2GM1mgc6Lzq317qDNkjwv1wuK3f).
Why did my address change and is it possible to get my coins back?
thehihoguy

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 01:58:24 PM

Yesterday I bought 8519 ESP2 at Nova. I downloaded the wallet and withdraw the coins to that adres (EYA1mdq1jRsmtr9Fh5QQ1Ysp7ixqQZ8Fbj).  http://espv2.miningalts.com/address/EYA1mdq1jRsmtr9Fh5QQ1Ysp7ixqQZ8Fbj
The wallet was still syncing. When it was done I had an other address (EKc8MYS2GM1mgc6Lzq317qDNkjwv1wuK3f).

Did you check in Receive tap, if you have two addresses now assigned? or is there only one visible?
rambooow

Activity: 3

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:06:15 PM

Did you check in Receive tap, if you have two addresses now assigned? or is there only one visible?
Only one EKc8MYS2GM1mgc6Lzq317qDNkjwv1wuK3f
Really weird, I am starting to doubt my own sanity. How could an adress change?
thehihoguy

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 02:12:03 PM

Was the amount sent by nova already? Or still in progress under Wallet->Ongoing transfers?

Not sure how it is exacly on espers wallet but usually a wallet can have several receiving addresses attached to it, the money will be in any way accredited to you. maybe it needs some time? nova withdrawal takes some time usually.

Not at home to tinker around myself, else you might find help in the official espers discord, see first page of this forum. They have support channel:)
Winky

Activity: 506
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 02:45:25 PM

Is there any information about the masternodes? Last time i saw some information about that was on twitter. Dev said q4 2017 if i remember right. Thanks!
thehihoguy

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2017, 02:56:25 PM

Is there any information about the masternodes? Last time i saw some information about that was on twitter. Dev said q4 2017 if i remember right. Thanks!

See new roadmap, was moved to the back:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1434700.msg22413512#msg22413512
AltsBoom

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 04:28:27 PM

Unique masternodes were always meant for Q1 2018 before the bad times started.

I still hold espers but would take the new roadmap with a car sized grain of salt

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
detectiveduck

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:10:01 PM

I still hold espers but would take the new roadmap with a car sized grain of salt

I'm still holding too. Any news when we will have an update from CC?
meincagadero

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 06:11:12 PM

So add +1 year if CC develops them
Flomess

Activity: 705
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 04, 2017, 09:06:34 PM

It's clear that not being invested in ESP precluded you the possibility of getting properly informed. First of all, yes, there are developers in the "community team", aswell as webmasters, graphic designers, translators... all voluntarily gathered in the ESP community. They aren't making the swap (it's going to be a swap, not a fork probably) "just to make a good for the other holders", they are holders aswell ofc and it's also in their best interest to do things properly.
There were alot of community take-overs in the history of crypto, most of them after a critical point in the life of a coin, like in our case here, with ESP.
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 04:45:59 AM
Last edit: October 05, 2017, 05:02:38 AM by Griffith

Will the community fork be some sort of hard fork, and on what block, and any ESP we have now be available on that fork? Similar to Bitcoin Cash?

if the plan of a community fork is to continue esp development with the same exact road-map, then they don't need to do anything besides fork the repo at its current point and start to push out their own client.
The only scenario where a coin swap/ fork into a new network would be needed was if they decided to HF the rules at the same time as push out a new client that made it completely incompatible with the current client.

Assuming they dont HF any rules, the resulting client they pushed out would just be in an alternative client to choose from instead of just having the reference client (much like bitcoin knots is an alternative bitcoin client to bitcoin core but both work on the same network and with each other 100% fine). Having multiple client options isn't bad. you could still potentially develop some features on one client without the other having them and it would still work fine without splitting the network.

edit: although im unsure why at this stage in a product u would need to have an alternative client to the reference (cc's) client. you could just add to his code and make PR's which if the code helps i see no reason why he wouldnt merge that in
gawlea

Activity: 756
Merit: 579

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:21:20 AM

Did you backed up the wallet.dat file before you made the transfer from nova to your wallet? If not maybe you deleted or moved/renamed the original espers wallet.dat (you can try to search your computer for "wallet.dat" file).
NOTE:Always make a backup of your wallets, and always send a small test amount of coins before you send big amounts.
Yeshualive

Activity: 182
Merit: 120

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 12:03:53 PM

Will the community fork be some sort of hard fork, and on what block, and any ESP we have now be available on that fork? Similar to Bitcoin Cash?

if the plan of a community fork is to continue esp development with the same exact road-map, then they don't need to do anything besides fork the repo at its current point and start to push out their own client.
The only scenario where a coin swap/ fork into a new network would be needed was if they decided to HF the rules at the same time as push out a new client that made it completely incompatible with the current client.

Assuming they dont HF any rules, the resulting client they pushed out would just be in an alternative client to choose from instead of just having the reference client (much like bitcoin knots is an alternative bitcoin client to bitcoin core but both work on the same network and with each other 100% fine). Having multiple client options isn't bad. you could still potentially develop some features on one client without the other having them and it would still work fine without splitting the network.

edit: although im unsure why at this stage in a product u would need to have an alternative client to the reference (cc's) client. you could just add to his code and make PR's which if the code helps i see no reason why he wouldnt merge that in

I think this propose of new cliente, could be good for the project.
So, this community is real? They will make some thing real to the course of ESP project?
Priest Sannin

Activity: 217
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:17:14 PM

What is the minimum amount of ESP that is developed in the portfolio to yield the POS?

/// ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Lunes Platform▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ \\\
  ● ●  WEBSITE  ● ●  WHITEPAPER  ● ●  FACEBOOK  ● ●  ANN  ● ●  TELEGRAM  ● ●  TWITTER  ● ● 
\\\ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ A decentralized token creation and registry of authenticity platform▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ///
DonYo

Activity: 432

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 01:20:05 PM

With 25.000.000 (one hypothetical Masternode) you can Steak TM every 2 or 3 days

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Griffith
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 03:15:40 PM

I think this propose of new cliente, could be good for the project.
So, this community is real? They will make some thing real to the course of ESP project?

i dont know or have anything to do with the community group that wants to make a new ESP wallet. i am simply suggesting that they dont fork but instead work on their own client on the same network so they can add stuff as they see fit without making a mess. This also allows CC to continue his development without any interruptions
- ESPERS -

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 05, 2017, 06:01:53 PM

What is the minimum amount of ESP that is developed in the portfolio to yield the POS?

There is no minimum amount of ESP to be hold in the wallet, but bigger is the better. Anyway, now the PoS is hard for low ESP bags, but this will be fixed with the next update.
thehihoguy

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2017, 06:08:41 PM

There is no minimum amount of ESP to be hold in the wallet, but bigger is the better. Anyway, now the PoS is hard for low ESP bags, but this will be fixed with the next update.

Heya espers team:)

just wanted to say, i hope you continue with the same efforts or more on espers and dont get demotivated by all the FUD. Your core community still believes and supports your project.
Pages: « 1 ... 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 697 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 [715] 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 748 749 750 751 752 753 754 755 756 757 758 759 760 761 762 763 764 765 ... 822 »
  Print  

Jump to: