Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:09:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 67 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Lose all your capital fast, with MatTheCat and his TA 101A!  (Read 85765 times)
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 09:33:08 AM

^^Fancy that, a cockroach posting pictures on the internet Shocked
What will they think of next?

Probably a roach talking to Cointelpro, JIDF, and Zionist banker shills on the Bitcointalk forum.  Thankfully they're too busy with Trump right now to flood this forum with goons who are a sad parody of the phrase:  "What good is it for a man to gain the world at the expense of one's soul"...

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MatTheCat (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 11:36:02 AM

So, when it hits $500, do you just make a new chart and pretend the last one doesn't exist?  Also, Bitcoin as a physical currency is going to be yuge.  All technically unsavy people will be using this stuff like crazy in place of $100 bills:  https://opendime.com/

You are fucking delusional. Nobody is going to give a flying fuck about some crypto bullshit monopoly play money if the dollar collapses. If that happens, you better run for your life to the hills. Do you honestly believe bitcoin is going to save the world from societal collapse following economic collapse? if so, you should really see a shrink. The ONLY thing bitcoin does well is serve as a betting tool, nobody in the real world uses it or gives a shit about it. The fact there is no way to reverse a charge or appeal to somebody in the event you get scammed is reason enough it will never be a major currency - let's not even get into the issues of scaling to any real usage vs transaction time.
Btw, this uptrend is very low on volume, I seriously doubt it will continue without a correction.

Yep. He is delusional and a purveyor of the finest Bitcoin Kool-Aid, just like loads of others on here and chance are, that you like myself, have at one time allowed yourself to get drunk on the Kool Aid that is freely offered around here, have experienced the full impact of the hangover, when it turns out all the Kool Aid merchants were dead wrong, and you woke with a sore head, and a whale's dick slapping you on the side of your cheeks. I know have, and for this reason, it is very emotionally temtping to adopt a perma-contrarian stance, in 'protest' at all the bulltard nonsense around. I am def guilty of this as well.

Of course, in the event of a USD collapse, Bitcoin is going to become worthless. As though all the holders of real wealth in the world (i.e. commodites, means of production, and means of military might) are going to turn around and say;"Oh well, that is the petrodollar game up, we are all going to have to turn to Bitcoin now, I pledge two oil fields and 25 drilling platforms for 500 BTC!". If the USD goes, then currency the world over becomes worthless, and nations will be forced to either relaunch their currencies, and/or back their currencies with tangible assets. In the event of a USD collapse, the world will have no appetite for currencies backed by nothing except government promises and Bitcoin is worse than that. Bitcoin is nothing. In the case of a financial reset, the holders of *real* wealth will be the ones setting the terms, not the holders of some digital token. If those holding the real wealth wish to make use of a digital currency, then they will create their own, which will be controlled by them, and backed by their *real* wealth.

The way that China is ramping up its production and purchasing of gold, suggests to me that one day, gold will be a big part of any global financial reset, BUT, this may not happen for another 40 year cycle. Could well be, that we go through this looking 'fear' cycle, live through all the 'end of capitalism' hysteria that will likely abound, and then emerge into another 40 year business cycle, starting with a 20 year period of growth, same as happened after the Great Depression, and at the end of the last fear cycle in 1979/80.

However, this is all entirely hypothetical. What has happened, right now, is that Bitcoin has broken out of any indentifiable resistance trendline and keeps pushing higher against the grain of all the standard 'range market' reversal signals, which is why my short trades have been failing miserably, and why even shorting Bitcoin now, when it is so clearly overextended and in need of correcting, is a dangerous game, with stop runs always being likely in the face of a steady push of bullish pressure, which can and will be harnessed by the Market Makers to trigger stops (into their iceberg sell walls).

Remember when I sent you this chart:

Well, Bitcoin done it and I got run over trying to short the trend break attempt, twice! And now I am in a very bad position looking up at a market that has left me way behind. Of course, I simply cannot go long here, and will not go long until Bitcoin corrects significantly and puts in bullish market structure. I may get lucky, and get long at $430, on retest of old resistance levels, or this may just take right off, and I may find myself not entering Bitcoin until $500 plus. It sucks, but that is what happens to people who bet against the prevaling trend.

Bitcoin is now a bull, and those who aren't already long, need to be looking for pullbacks in my opinion and those people like yourself (or myself for that matter), shouldn't allow their judgement to be clouded by forming contrarian opinions in the face of bitcointalk.org bulltardedness.

Market statistics say, that now Bitcoin has resolved that large symettrical triangle bullishly, there is a 75% chance that Bitcoin will hit around $800 sometime this year and perhaps this is one reason why contrarians and general non-believers such as myself, might just find themselves standing hold thier dick, staring at the rocket as it takes off. But my rule remains. No Bitcoin buying until significant pull back. I just can't do it.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:01:20 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2016, 01:21:55 PM by r0ach

If the USD goes, then currency the world over becomes worthless, and nations will be forced to either relaunch their currencies, and/or back their currencies with tangible assets

Except everyone in finance already knows all metal backed currencies have failed, turned into fiat, or are backed by 1 gram of silver per trillion dollars (Brits).  It's a non-solution.  It's the equivalent of the USD collapsing and saying, "we're going to add another two zeros to the currency and call it USD2!  Don't worry, it's backed by a shoebox of gold."  Debt based money expansion through fractional reserve is a scam.  They're implementing a for-profit scam that's destined to collapse, it does collapse, then here's MatTheCat lining up saying, "More sire, where can I sign up for more!  Let's clear the Monopoly board and start again!"

People aren't buying Bitcoin solely to try and flip for 1% day trade profit.  They're buying because it's the only sound money on the planet besides metals (actual coins circulated in an economy, not gold "backed" paper).  The problem is that metals have lack of granularity, high friction in use, difficulty to secure, etc, so don't work above a stone age barter type civilization.  I sure as hell can't spend gold anywhere either.  Gold has been around trillions of years, yet the only thing I can do with it is mail it back to the dealer for fiat.  You can at least spend Bitcoin at businesses.

So let's look at this checklist.  I don't want to be a victim of a fractional reserve debt-based currency scam.  My options are gold and Bitcoin.  I can't spend gold anywhere so it has literally no utility for me.  Hmm which one do I pick?  The fact that Bitcoin has a microscopic market cap compared to gold while currently having more utility than gold means there's a massive correction in Bitcoin price coming and it's going to be upwards.

If those holding the real wealth wish to make use of a digital currency, then they will create their own, which will be controlled by them, and backed by their *real* wealth.

You think this because you don't understand what the words Nash equilbrium means and how it applies to currency, international trade, and governments.  If a country like China and the US trade and both have their own currency, they both constantly do currency wars, devaluing to export, etc.  The person on the losing side of the trades would eventually demand the Nash equilibrium option and force the other into it if such an option existed.  The only way such a Nash equilibrium can be formed is if no single nation has a monopoly on the currency and it's accessible to all.  The only options for this on the planet are Bitcoin and gold (not closed entropy proof of stake systems).

The fact that I don't have to send a barge of gold to China over a time span of weeks to do a payment to utilize such a Nash equilibrium means it is fundamentally an extremely valuable system when the market cap of gold is trillions and less efficient in most ways.  You do not have the computer science background to do fundamental and cost benefit analysis of these systems.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:38:27 PM

Bitcoin may pump, but it will dump. The dump is the only guarantee in crypto. Why? because nobody with any sense holds this vapor - they only use it to make more fiat. Fiat - you know, the stuff that actually buys things we want and need.
stckpkr7000

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:39:51 PM

Well, Bitcoin done it and I got run over trying to short the trend break attempt, twice! And now I am in a very bad position looking up at a market that has left me way behind. Of course, I simply cannot go long here, and will not go long until Bitcoin corrects significantly and puts in bullish market structure. I may get lucky, and get long at $430, on retest of old resistance levels, or this may just take right off, and I may find myself not entering Bitcoin until $500 plus. It sucks, but that is what happens to people who bet against the prevaling trend.

Bitcoin is now a bull, and those who aren't already long, need to be looking for pullbacks in my opinion and those people like yourself (or myself for that matter), shouldn't allow their judgement to be clouded by forming contrarian opinions in the face of bitcointalk.org bulltardedness.

Market statistics say, that now Bitcoin has resolved that large symettrical triangle bullishly, there is a 75% chance that Bitcoin will hit around $800 sometime this year and perhaps this is one reason why contrarians and general non-believers such as myself, might just find themselves standing hold thier dick, staring at the rocket as it takes off. But my rule remains. No Bitcoin buying until significant pull back. I just can't do it.
[/quote]

I give you an A+ for owning your mistake as we all make them and a good trader owns it and learns from it.  I think you hit the nail on the head.  I managed a small hedge fund through the 90s and I got crushed 9 out of 10 times when I tried to play against the prevailing trend.  I would try to rationalize and sometimes even put more equity to work in a bad position.  The trend is your friend (I know it's a tired saying), but shorting Bitcoin at this point makes zero sense/cents.  You might get lucky scalping a little here and there, but the risk/reward isn't in your favor.  Buy the dips and scale into the current trend.  The trend can run for a long time s you know.  Bitcoin spent two years digesting the 2013 rocket ship ride, and I suspect it's now on it's way to eventually challenge the old highs.  Good luck!
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:40:25 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2016, 01:37:42 AM by r0ach

Bitcoin may pump, but it will dump. The dump is the only guarantee in crypto. Why? because nobody with any sense holds this vapor - they only use it to make more fiat. Fiat - you know, the stuff that actually buys things we want and need.

You already blew your cover that you're a banker shill that bought an account to spam the forum with.  You'll have to buy a new one now.  May I suggest buying MatTheCat's account.  He's probably desperately in need of money.  You shills are so obvious because your posts are always two sentences with 0 thought put into any of them.  You're the same spam account as "Talks_Cheep".

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
stckpkr7000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:44:09 PM

You are a freakin tool arse hat!  You have skin in the game if you're taking time out of your day to post  (childish and troll like garbage) regarding bitcoin.  Disclose your interest or vanish.  Damn cock roach!
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:49:20 PM

You guys are funny.
But seriously, this will correct - the $470 top was reached, there are no buyers now, there will be more opportunities to buy cheaper so you can take your chances on whether or not this halving pump will actually happen.
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:51:44 PM

You guys are funny.
But seriously, this will correct - the $470 top was reached, there are no buyers now, there will be more opportunities to buy cheaper so you can take your chances on whether or not this halving pump will actually happen.

Please go ahead and short, banker shill acct.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
stckpkr7000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:53:54 PM

You guys are funny.

Post something of substance.  You are either short, or you're hoping to buy in at a cheaper price point.  Simply state your position and what you're trying to accomplish.  I am long and adding on every dip.......
chesthing
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:56:20 PM

You guys are funny.

Post something of substance.  You are either short, or you're hoping to buy in at a cheaper price point.  Simply state your position and what you're trying to accomplish.  I am long and adding on every dip.......

I have posted substance - I've called out the loudest voice of the brainwashing machine Roach - or can I call him Cock for short?
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:58:12 PM

You guys are funny.

I have posted substance - I've called out the loudest voice of the brainwashing machine Roach - or can I call him Cock for short?

How about you take out a short then.  If you could convince Mat to take out a 3rd short, that would be good for some comedy.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
stckpkr7000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:59:38 PM

You guys are funny.

Called him out?  You're posts say otherwise.  Your post about Bitcoin being "vapor"  says all I need to know.  I have used BTC to purchase many things in the real world and I used some in my most recent home purchase.  Ignorance is bliss, correct?
whoreble

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:10:40 PM

Probably a roach talking to Cointelpro, JIDF, and Zionist banker shills on the Bitcointalk forum.  Thankfully they're too busy with Trump right now to flood this forum with goons who are a sad parody of the phrase:  "What good is it for a man to gain the world at the expense of one's soul"...
How about you take out a short then.

Dear scurrying household pest:
There is no reason to be upset. Shorting Bitcoins is as stupid as going long; Bitscoin is mathematically proven to impoverish everyone who touches it.
The only winning move is not to play Sad

I have used BTC to purchase many things in the real world and I used some in my most recent home purchase.  Ignorance is bliss, correct?

I have used BTCeanie BTCabies "to purchase many things in the real world." What's your point?
r0ach
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:13:48 PM

There is no reason to be upset. Shorting Bitcoins is as stupid as going long; Bitscoin is mathematically proven to impoverish everyone who touches it.

......ATLANT......
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
whoreble

Activity: 42

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:17:09 PM

^No, cockroach, almost none.
Have sold most in the 600s years ago. No regrets Smiley
P.S. who is that haglington & y u bitscoiners keep posting her?
stckpkr7000

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:17:37 PM

How about you take out a short then.

The only winning move is not to play Sad

Please do not feed the trolls........  I stupidly threw a scrap of moron loaf into the troll cage.

I have used BTC to purchase many things in the real world and I used some in my most recent home purchase.  Ignorance is bliss, correct?

I have used BTCeanie BTCabies "to purchase many things in the real world." What's your point?
Asrael999

Activity: 703
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 02:27:54 PM

I dont use as a speculative Investment, I use it because by using it and smart ideas like purse I can spend about 30% less fiat on anything I want to actually buy. That in and of itself is a Utility function that makes it other than vapour, and one that will not vanish until Amazon actually enable a 3rd Party market in their free funding and eventually profit source that is gift vouchers.
Beyond that thanks to Circle and Stamp I can now move FX around between GBP, EUR and USD at a fraction of the cost I get charged via the financial System or even "new" Solutions like transferwise.

The other Problem with Gold of course is that other than being imperishable (unlike steel, which rusts of course) it has absolutely no Utility value other than being pretty.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:54:23 PM

If you don't mind, I shall use that as my signature.

It should be the motto of every Bitcoin investor/trader, even those who think it is going to $10K.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
MatTheCat (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 05:21:08 PM

I give you an A+ for owning your mistake as we all make them and a good trader owns it and learns from it.  I think you hit the nail on the head.  I managed a small hedge fund through the 90s and I got crushed 9 out of 10 times when I tried to play against the prevailing trend.  I would try to rationalize and sometimes even put more equity to work in a bad position.  The trend is your friend (I know it's a tired saying), but shorting Bitcoin at this point makes zero sense/cents.  You might get lucky scalping a little here and there, but the risk/reward isn't in your favor.  Buy the dips and scale into the current trend.  The trend can run for a long time s you know.  Bitcoin spent two years digesting the 2013 rocket ship ride, and I suspect it's now on it's way to eventually challenge the old highs.  Good luck!

Yep....trend is your friend, but only in a trending market. In a ranging market, trend is only your friend until spot hits the upper resistance levels. If the market was still in a ranging state, my trades probably would have worked, and I would be the smart one and all the permabulls would be the Silly Billies, but unfortunately for me, things turned out quiite the opposite.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 67 »
  Print  

Jump to: