Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:04:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 500 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ION [ION] | POS 3.0 | Mobile Gaming | Join the ionomy today!  (Read 473054 times)
samm1129

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:16:52 PM

Looks like OP isn't contributing much to this thread.

Can we ask for a Dev. to join the thread and answer some earlier questions.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phildo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:21:54 PM

I suspect the only reason they've suddenly created an ANN thread for this is because the buying of their ICO has slowed down. They need to drum up more interest in the project to get more sales in; hence the press releases and this. Not surprising really given how limited the initial pool of 'investors' will have been from talkXPY/XPY.io.

For what it's worth I don't believe that Matlack and his team are scammers, but I do believe this is an ill conceived idea that will be dead in the water before long. With the greatest of respect, as this new team is mostly the same as the team behind XPY.io the best indicator of their potential success is what they did with that, and they hardly set the world alight. Honestly while they keep blaming XPYs ties to Garza for XPY.io's failure, they were fools to even try it in the first place, and even more foolish to stick with it as long as they did -- that for me calls into question the decision making of Matlack et al.

Most of the early investors were XPY investors because of the ease of the swap option. I for one am thankful for Matlack (and his team) to have built XPY.io and to have tried where many others would not have even made an attempt. My XPY would have be truly worthless if it wasn't for XPY.io, so that project had value for hundreds of people that got scammed by Garza.

At least in the end I swapped my XPY rather than dumping them on to some poor unsuspecting buyer who thinks it might recover one day.

I hope we can discuss ION reasonably, on it's own merits and particulars as this way we will get much more use out of the discussion.

I admittedly have not followed everything the non-garza gaw crew has said, so I may have missed something, but how can you trust matalack? Or anyone who actually worked for GAW?

Looking at the info we have now, it is obvious that gaw was a scam from the first time they typed the word hashlet. How can anyone involved from that point be trusted with anything? They were either in on the scam, and shouldn't be trusted, or too stupid to see the scam, and shouldn't be trusted. What has matalack done to show he's trustworthy at all? Where is his explanation for his role in the Gaw mess? Why would you take part in his new venture without understanding his role in the last?
Mr-Coins

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 12:25:24 PM

I suspect the only reason they've suddenly created an ANN thread for this is because the buying of their ICO has slowed down. They need to drum up more interest in the project to get more sales in; hence the press releases and this. Not surprising really given how limited the initial pool of 'investors' will have been from talkXPY/XPY.io.

For what it's worth I don't believe that Matlack and his team are scammers, but I do believe this is an ill conceived idea that will be dead in the water before long. With the greatest of respect, as this new team is mostly the same as the team behind XPY.io the best indicator of their potential success is what they did with that, and they hardly set the world alight. Honestly while they keep blaming XPYs ties to Garza for XPY.io's failure, they were fools to even try it in the first place, and even more foolish to stick with it as long as they did -- that for me calls into question the decision making of Matlack et al.

Most of the early investors were XPY investors because of the ease of the swap option. I for one am thankful for Matlack (and his team) to have built XPY.io and to have tried where many others would not have even made an attempt. My XPY would have be truly worthless if it wasn't for XPY.io, so that project had value for hundreds of people that got scammed by Garza.

At least in the end I swapped my XPY rather than dumping them on to some poor unsuspecting buyer who thinks it might recover one day.

I hope we can discuss ION reasonably, on it's own merits and particulars as this way we will get much more use out of the discussion.

I admittedly have not followed everything the non-garza gaw crew has said, so I may have missed something, but how can you trust matalack? Or anyone who actually worked for GAW?

Looking at the info we have now, it is obvious that gaw was a scam from the first time they typed the word hashlet. How can anyone involved from that point be trusted with anything? They were either in on the scam, and shouldn't be trusted, or too stupid to see the scam, and shouldn't be trusted. What has matalack done to show he's trustworthy at all? Where is his explanation for his role in the Gaw mess? Why would you take part in his new venture without understanding his role in the last?

Matlack was scammed by GAW and lost a ton of money. Spent the following year trying to pick up the pieces and make the doomed project work.

A lot of people were scammed by GAW. I see no reason to distrust someone because they got scammed.

There's a 2,200 page GAW/XPY thread and if you can cut through all the Ego talk and noise, there's some useful tidbits in there.
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 12:32:52 PM

Here's a question, leaving aside many others (& any negative bias):

How many of the purported features of this new coin, as described in the whitepaper, will be available on launch?

Upon launch the coin will have fully functioning POS3 and Masternodes (nothing like those BS Prime Controllers).

Also there will be working QT wallets as well as web wallets available through the Ionomy platform.

The coin code, QT and web wallets are currently being run on testnet. (I'm not fortunate enough to have access though.)

The whitepaper is long, are there any specific parts in particular that you would like to focus on?

I read the whitepaper over a week ago late at night on the return leg of a damned long journey & I don't have time to dig through and pull out specifics right now, but the masternodes bit from dash was only part of the list of features mentioned.

There was something about disproportionate staking again, if you lock your coins up in something or another which is exactly the same as the "stakers" first created by Garza, which has me curious, because it was a failed idea then and it'll screw things again if it's implemented here.

Ca anyone who has read the whitepaper recently throw up a list of the features this coin is supposed to have, to save me the agony of another long read?

Another question which your response brings to mind though is this:  Didn't xpy.io or it's previous incarnation get robbed multiple times?  In short, the question is:  Do the ION web wallet dev team have the necessary skills and knowledge to build a functioning web wallet which won't be hacked?

docker

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:34:21 PM

Scnr Wink

I remember that, unforgettable mate but was a long time ago
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 12:41:45 PM

How many of the purported features of this new coin, as described in the whitepaper, will be available on launch?

Upon launch the coin will have fully functioning POS3 and Masternodes (nothing like those BS Prime Controllers).

Also there will be working QT wallets as well as web wallets available through the Ionomy platform.

The coin code, QT and web wallets are currently being run on testnet. (I'm not fortunate enough to have access though.)

The whitepaper is long, are there any specific parts in particular that you would like to focus on?

I read the whitepaper over a week ago late at night on the return leg of a damned long journey & I don't have time to dig through and pull out specifics right now, but the masternodes bit from dash was only part of the list of features mentioned.

There was something about disproportionate staking again, if you lock your coins up in something or another which is exactly the same as the "stakers" first created by Garza, which has me curious, because it was a failed idea then and it'll screw things again if it's implemented here.

Ca anyone who has read the whitepaper recently throw up a list of the features this coin is supposed to have, to save me the agony of another long read?

Another question which your response brings to mind though is this:  Didn't xpy.io or it's previous incarnation get robbed multiple times?  In short, the question is:  Do the ION web wallet dev team have the necessary skills and knowledge to build a functioning web wallet which won't be hacked?

Everything is built on fixed block rewards. There is no variable rate. That was a terrible flaw in XPY.

The masternodes have greater returns than wallets (because the're will be less of them and rewards are split 50/50) so people who invest in stakers are really investing in community masternodes, that's where the addition returns come from.

The platform will also be income generating (through subscriptions, features etc). As far as I am aware, XPY.io was never hacked, not even once.
ladrx

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 12:50:57 PM

Matlack was scammed by GAW and lost a ton of money. Spent the following year trying to pick up the pieces and make the doomed project work.

A lot of people were scammed by GAW. I see no reason to distrust someone because they got scammed.

There's a 2,200 page GAW/XPY thread and if you can cut through all the Ego talk and noise, there's some useful tidbits in there.

Holy shit, do you actually think Matlack was one of Garza's VICTIMS?  Wow. No.

Adam Matlack 1/5/2014: "Not but 30 seconds later, the Holy Spirit slapped me upside the head and said "what are you thinkin'? What are you doin'?" It was an emphatic "NO". And I got - just guilt started to cover me"
skinnyboy

Activity: 223
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 12:51:36 PM

Everything is built on fixed block rewards. There is no variable rate. That was a terrible flaw in XPY.

The masternodes have greater returns than wallets (because the're will be less of them and rewards are split 50/50) so people who invest in stakers are really investing in community masternodes, that's where the addition returns come from.

The platform will also be income generating (through subscriptions, features etc). As far as I am aware, XPY.io was never hacked, not even once.

I definitely read somewhere about boosts, up to 100% for a limited time, or something like that...

Well, I say definitely, I read a lot.

Please don't make me dig through the white paper again, folks, a breakdown of the proposed features would make life so much easier :-)

Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 12:55:35 PM

Another question which your response brings to mind though is this:  Didn't xpy.io or it's previous incarnation get robbed multiple times?  In short, the question is:  Do the ION web wallet dev team have the necessary skills and knowledge to build a functioning web wallet which won't be hacked?

I definitely read somewhere about boosts, up to 100% for a limited time, or something like that...

Well, I say definitely, I read a lot.

Please don't make me dig through the white paper again, folks, a breakdown of the proposed features would make life so much easier :-)

That is correct, in the first year you can see the coin inflation. They are fixed numbers due to timed block rewards.

Year 1   23 ION/block - 12 Million/year
Year 2   17 ION/block - 9 Million/year
Year 3   11.5 ION/block - 6 Million/year
Year 4   5.75 ION/block - 3 Million/year
Year 5-10   1.85 ION/block - 1 Million/year
Year 11-100   0.2 ION/block - 100k/year 9 Million total

Those very high returns (initial period of high inflation) become much less after the first year, and will get smaller each subsequent year.

The exact returns offered on the platform I do not believe are yet published however they are likely in the area of the swap rates offered depending on the length of time the staker is set, 3 months, 6 months, 9 months or 12 months.
bitbite111

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:14:16 PM

I'm interested in investing, but want to know how the coins are intergrated into the platform? What will create an extrinsic demand for the coins, other than ICO investors buying them? Do coin holders share in the profits of the games developed with ico money?
samm1129

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:19:40 PM

I'm interested in investing, but want to know how the coins are intergrated into the platform? What will create an extrinsic demand for the coins, other than ICO investors buying them? Do coin holders share in the profits of the games developed with ico money?

Great question, I would love to know that as well.
bitbite111

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:22:58 PM

Great question, I would love to know that as well.

Yeah, the days of 'give me your money so i can build this, thanks', are over onces WAVES comes out. Now we will expect a reward for our investments.
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 01:25:52 PM

This is a very good question.

This partly explains the concept, but more info would be useful:

"Using ION gives gamers significant financial advantage in the ionomy. For every game published by ionomy.com, all in-game purchases are 50% off when purchased with ION. Gamers can spend the tokens they earn through game play throughout the ionomy.com ecosystem. In games they can quickly gain a competitive advantage. They can use tokens earned in one game to improve the gaming experience in another game. They can use the tokens to buy games from ionomy.com. And when they win, earn, or buy ION, they can use the tokens to grow their ION supply even faster. The ION advantage creates a real and practical reason for a continuous stream of users to buy ION. By constantly creating demand, ionomy.com hopes consumers will make the limited supply more valuable."

I look forward to more information coming out that will clarify this part of the model.
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:30:44 PM

Why are you so accepting of the fact that he was scammed?

He knew garza before. He "worked" there. What did he do there? He was so close that if he actually got scammed he is too stupid to be trusted on anything else (especially with the evidence we have now.)

Where is his full side of the story of what happened there? it's not in that long thread. I would hope you (or anyone) would have his full side of the story before getting into bed with him again, for your own sake.

Cayuga

Activity: 54

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:31:38 PM

I can answer your last question: xpy.io was never hacked. You must be referring to the paycoin.com or paybase.com websites that were designed by another team, and yes those were hacked, you are right (some of them maybe were inside jobs). The present website is a completely different team.
neolinkhati
Legendary

Activity: 980

Premium

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:37:36 PM

another invite to scam?
Mr-Coins

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2016, 01:46:40 PM

He knew garza before. He "worked" there. What did he do there? He was so close that if he actually got scammed he is too stupid to be trusted on anything else (especially with the evidence we have now.)

Where is his full side of the story of what happened there? it's not in that long thread. I would hope you (or anyone) would have his full side of the story before getting into bed with him again, for your own sake.

Asking Garza if he was a scammer would be pointless, he'd just lie, so there's no point as you couldn't believe the answer.

For me, I look at the external facts. He has not been arrested, he is not wanted by the FBI, Garza has not claimed he was an accomplice, he is completely transparent in his home address and cellphone number, and some 16 months has passed for law enforcement agencies to do their enquiries. So I have no reason to believe he was acting with Garza (who incidentally scammed anyone and everyone, unconditionally including his friends, his co-workers, his investors - hence why he is a wanted man).

Any claims that Matlack scammed people are just claims but in reality, the actions of the authorities and lack of any evidence to the contrary are compelling enough for me. Besides, for many months with XPY I have seen him in action and he seems like a really nice, honest guy. (This is NOT investment advice!)
bitbite111

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:47:47 PM

This is a very good question.

This partly explains the concept, but more info would be useful:

"Using ION gives gamers significant financial advantage in the ionomy. For every game published by ionomy.com, all in-game purchases are 50% off when purchased with ION. Gamers can spend the tokens they earn through game play throughout the ionomy.com ecosystem. In games they can quickly gain a competitive advantage. They can use tokens earned in one game to improve the gaming experience in another game. They can use the tokens to buy games from ionomy.com. And when they win, earn, or buy ION, they can use the tokens to grow their ION supply even faster. The ION advantage creates a real and practical reason for a continuous stream of users to buy ION. By constantly creating demand, ionomy.com hopes consumers will make the limited supply more valuable."

I look forward to more information coming out that will clarify this part of the model.

But what happens to the coins that gamers spend? Are they burnt, or sold on the open market thus lowering the price for all holders?
Phildo
Legendary

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:57:27 PM

Asking Garza if he was a scammer would be pointless, he'd just lie, so there's no point as you couldn't believe the answer.

For me, I look at the external facts. He has not been arrested, he is not wanted by the FBI, Garza has not claimed he was an accomplice, he is completely transparent in his home address and cellphone number, and some 16 months has passed for law enforcement agencies to do their enquiries. So I have no reason to believe he was acting with Garza (who incidentally scammed anyone and everyone, unconditionally including his friends, his co-workers, his investors - hence why he is a wanted man).

Any claims that Matlack scammed people are just claims but in reality, the actions of the authorities and lack of any evidence to the contrary are compelling enough for me. Besides, for many months with XPY I have seen him in action and he seems like a really nice, honest guy. (This is NOT investment advice!)

You did not answer the question.

Forget what matalack did after garza. What did he do when garza was still in the picture? What was his job? How did he not see that the company was fraudulent? What is his explanation for what HE did while employed by GAW?
hugabase

Activity: 824

View Profile
April 21, 2016, 01:58:50 PM

any bounty here...Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 ... 500 »
  Print  

Jump to: