Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:14:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 593 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [old thread] - RISE | DPOS | APPS & DAPPS  (Read 653213 times)
hellsingfan

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 05:59:56 PM

I don't see any innovation in this coin, it is just a copy of Lisk...

Its a better version of Lisk due to languages support. The other features are 'fine'. Sometimes you don't have to be 'innovative', you just have to do something better.

Lisk is a dev platform. But it supports only NodeJs. A Dev Platform that allows for more languages increases their dev market, which means more dev to develop a Dapp. One reason iPhone sell a lot is because of the shear number of apps. So the platform that can open up to the most dev and gain the more apps, wins. Thats just the nature of platforms. So the key is language support, not 'innovation'.

is there proof of concept out there? how can i believe that there is more language support? sorry (didn't yet read the thread)

Its on roadmap, but the team should answer you I'm not part of RISE.
jdr0dn3y

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

AO Blockchain Founder | Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 06:59:52 PM

Its a better version of Lisk due to languages support. The other features are 'fine'. Sometimes you don't have to be 'innovative', you just have to do something better.

Lisk is a dev platform. But it supports only NodeJs. A Dev Platform that allows for more languages increases their dev market, which means more dev to develop a Dapp. One reason iPhone sell a lot is because of the shear number of apps. So the platform that can open up to the most dev and gain the more apps, wins. Thats just the nature of platforms. So the key is language support, not 'innovation'.

is there proof of concept out there? how can i believe that there is more language support? sorry (didn't yet read the thread)

How we are going to support more languages is relatively simple. We are turning the individual nodes into a "Hosting Platform" built ontop of Docker, a linux container system. This will enable us to support a multitude of technologies, basically anything that runs on Linux. The "Language Support" we talk about, is software development kits for specific languages. These are going to be libraries usable by devs in specific languages to easily call the Rise-Core API, to interact with the various features of Rise-Core (SideChains, the main blockchain, transactions, addresses, ect.)

These SDKs will make development easier. This will be done after we launch main net.

Additionally, to bring development of DApps and Smart Contracts to non-developers, we are going to build Drag-and-drop tools to build DApps and Smart Contracts (Which are just API connected, event-driven applications, with multi-party acceptance, in our definition). These will also be built after launch.

The Hosting platform is the focus of my development work for the most part right now, Rise-Core needs some more API work done, but it's core functionality is complete.

I'm also spending some bandwidth every day working on plans for a robust initial infrastructure. Once we have a bunch of nodes out there, it'll be less of a problem, but at first we will need a single infrastructure to handle the load.

Hopefully that all makes sense.

Justin D.
placebo
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:10:18 PM

How we are going to support more languages is relatively simple. We are turning the individual nodes into a "Hosting Platform" built ontop of Docker, a linux container system. This will enable us to support a multitude of technologies, basically anything that runs on Linux. The "Language Support" we talk about, is software development kits for specific languages. These are going to be libraries usable by devs in specific languages to easily call the Rise-Core API, to interact with the various features of Rise-Core (SideChains, the main blockchain, transactions, addresses, ect.)

These SDKs will make development easier. This will be done after we launch main net.

Additionally, to bring development of DApps and Smart Contracts to non-developers, we are going to build Drag-and-drop tools to build DApps and Smart Contracts (Which are just API connected, event-driven applications, with multi-party acceptance, in our definition). These will also be built after launch.

The Hosting platform is the focus of my development work for the most part right now, Rise-Core needs some more API work done, but it's core functionality is complete.

I'm also spending some bandwidth every day working on plans for a robust initial infrastructure. Once we have a bunch of nodes out there, it'll be less of a problem, but at first we will need a single infrastructure to handle the load.

Justin D.

As it is simple then we will have a DarkRise, WhiteRise in the near future all copies of copies... no?
Skyrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:20:06 PM

Justin D.

As it is simple then we will have a DarkRise, WhiteRise in the near future all copies of copies... no?
this is hard to do  in development but simple in release product................
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:22:21 PM

Justin D.

this is hard to do  in development but simple in release product................

Will it not be open source? Everybody can read some source code and modify it.
RiseVision (OP)

Activity: 196

RISE Team Account

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:26:04 PM

Personally if you want to make this project a success and big then focus on development. That Project Acre shouldn't even be under discussion. RISE has a potential of being THE Dapp platform if you really focus on that. Way better than LISK on paper as of now.

To make it a reality development should be the big thing. Forget Acre thats actually is a smalltime project building and selling real estate. If you get 10,000 BTC then maybe it makes sense to do that

600 BTC (if you get that much) means roughly $260,000. For a year that would be $22K per month, which only can support maybe 2-3 good developers. That is NOT enough.

If you get 1250 BTC, 100% of it should be used to get MORE experienced Devs. Right now I think Justin you are the only experienced dev, you need to get high experienced dev to get the ball rolling quicker.

The shorter your time-to-market the more valuable this project will be. Secondly adding Highly Experienced dev is going to add credibility to the project, right now it seems most of your dev are your friends from Carbonite.

So if you guys are serious about making this project big, then I'd recommend shelving Acre as a separate token sale or only do it if you get like 10K BTC. The value you can create for RISE itself will be huge if you FOCUS your resources and GET HIGHLY EXPERIENCED devs, maybe even from India/Russia if they have experience, not some junior dev to manage funds better.

I see potential here, but you need to manage this potential otherwise you'll screw up this project. Acre is peanuts and shouldn't be even under consideration at 1250 BTC. Acre sounds more like a kids plan because everyone likes Real Estate and dream of that business. But what you have in RISE is BIG, so don't screw it over by focusing on 2 complete unrelated projects. Technology has HUGE potential vs real estate. So I would highly urge to create value by adding EXPERIENCED well-known dev to the team and use the extra funds to support that.

Thanks for the comments and concerns pertaining to Acre. In fact, the Rise team has been discussing Acre amongst ourselves for the past week. Acre was removed several days ago from the OP because we feared it was a distraction from the core project, Rise. Because of this we will start working on acre again when we finish with all of the core functionality of Rise later on down the road.

This now means that all funds raised in the ICO will go to development funds for Rise tech as the priority. A formal statement will be posted on the website shortly.

jdr0dn3y

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2016, 07:28:14 PM

Will it not be open source? Everybody can read some source code and modify it.

We would be quite alright with clones. That is the beauty of open source, and why we retained the MIT licensing of Lisk and Crypti before it. Hopefully we build confidence in us, and provide something that people want to add on to, and contribute to, instead of straight up forking.

Getting the infrastructure correct is actually going to be the most difficult part of this project. Being able to provide nodes with enough power to run multiple docker containers to handle various apps will be a challenge. One we are hoping to mitigate with great installers and awesome documentation.
Skyrik

Activity: 560
Merit: 501

ICONOMI Supporter

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:29:42 PM

Personally if you want to make this project a success and big then focus on development. That Project Acre shouldn't even be under discussion. RISE has a potential of being THE Dapp platform if you really focus on that. Way better than LISK on paper as of now.

To make it a reality development should be the big thing. Forget Acre thats actually is a smalltime project building and selling real estate. If you get 10,000 BTC then maybe it makes sense to do that

600 BTC (if you get that much) means roughly $260,000. For a year that would be $22K per month, which only can support maybe 2-3 good developers. That is NOT enough.

If you get 1250 BTC, 100% of it should be used to get MORE experienced Devs. Right now I think Justin you are the only experienced dev, you need to get high experienced dev to get the ball rolling quicker.

The shorter your time-to-market the more valuable this project will be. Secondly adding Highly Experienced dev is going to add credibility to the project, right now it seems most of your dev are your friends from Carbonite.

So if you guys are serious about making this project big, then I'd recommend shelving Acre as a separate token sale or only do it if you get like 10K BTC. The value you can create for RISE itself will be huge if you FOCUS your resources and GET HIGHLY EXPERIENCED devs, maybe even from India/Russia if they have experience, not some junior dev to manage funds better.

I see potential here, but you need to manage this potential otherwise you'll screw up this project. Acre is peanuts and shouldn't be even under consideration at 1250 BTC. Acre sounds more like a kids plan because everyone likes Real Estate and dream of that business. But what you have in RISE is BIG, so don't screw it over by focusing on 2 complete unrelated projects. Technology has HUGE potential vs real estate. So I would highly urge to create value by adding EXPERIENCED well-known dev to the team and use the extra funds to support that.

Thanks for the comments and concerns pertaining to Acre. In fact, the Rise team has been discussing Acre amongst ourselves for the past week. Acre was removed several days ago from the OP because we feared it was a distraction from the core project, Rise. Because of this we will start working on acre again when we finish with all of the core functionality of Rise later on down the road.

This now means that all funds raised in the ICO will go to development funds for Rise tech as the priority. A formal statement will be posted on the website shortly.
agreed this is good decision we are in crypto-world don't need another side projects) May be later you will open another ico on Acre project Smiley If Rise project will be success Acre easy will be funded on 1250 btc )
pugilist555

Activity: 474
Merit: 261

GBM

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:42:40 PM

A very wise decision. The 1250btc acre target seemed like you had capped your expectations with the ICO.

Blockchain technology
hellsingfan

Activity: 258

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 07:51:49 PM

I would like to hear more about adding new dev with a lot more experience so that the timeline can be shrunk. And I mean really experienced dev that can work on the 'hard stuff'.

I hope the ICO goes well enough that you could afford someone outside of the Cabonite firm.
placebo
Legendary

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:40:44 PM

I want to see this type of articles : http://finance.yahoo.com/news/lisk-set-launch-may-24-165300345.html before joining RISE. Has RISE partners with Microsoft?
RiseVision (OP)

Activity: 196

RISE Team Account

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 08:50:45 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2016, 09:02:14 PM by RiseVision

I want to see this type of articles : http://finance.yahoo.com/news/lisk-set-launch-may-24-165300345.html before joining RISE. Has RISE partners with Microsoft?

https://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/startup/profile.aspx?Startup=718952

Rise was accepted earlier this week into the Microsoft Bizspark program.

happyaltminer

Activity: 140

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 12:01:08 AM

We need 2FA to secure our account,when will 2FA be finished?

jdr0dn3y

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2016, 01:10:19 AM

Daily Dev Update
Related Blog Post

Today we added a contact page, and got to work on the new additions to the ICO page. The ICO page is going to include a searchable / sortable table of all investments, as well as totals for each piece of information relating to investments. Bonuses, Referrals, and actual BTC invested.

Additionally there will be a stock chart showing the fluctuation of investments, by hour, both value of the investments that hour, and the volume.

These two additions should give you significantly more visibility into the investments that are occuring.

These should launch tomorrow.

Aside: 2FA is still in the works. Nathan didn't have as much time as originally thought to work on it this past week due to his day job.
mikethedikevanegan

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 03:38:20 AM

https://rise.vision/ico?aff=5747bc3a8fc0e90c00fdd77e
Simple858

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:37:20 AM

At the moment RISE would be on position 130 on Coinmarketcap list. Can we get to position 50 before ICO ends!?
Breadpudding

Activity: 76
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 04:49:36 AM

Daily Dev Update
Related Blog Post

Today we added a contact page, and got to work on the new additions to the ICO page. The ICO page is going to include a searchable / sortable table of all investments, as well as totals for each piece of information relating to investments. Bonuses, Referrals, and actual BTC invested.

Additionally there will be a stock chart showing the fluctuation of investments, by hour, both value of the investments that hour, and the volume.

These two additions should give you significantly more visibility into the investments that are occuring.

These should launch tomorrow.

Aside: 2FA is still in the works. Nathan didn't have as much time as originally thought to work on it this past week due to his day job.

Thanks for providing all of that additional info on the investments - that's something all ICO's should do Smiley
Bimsky

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:45:01 AM

Can someone explain what is happening, I bought RISE 4 days ago it said I had around 70k RISE. I go to the site log in now
I have around 59k.

Don't understand why that is the case Huh
elgimpo

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:48:12 AM

Can someone explain what is happening, I bought RISE 4 days ago it said I had around 70k RISE. I go to the site log in now
I have around 59k.

Don't understand why that is the case Huh

As more BTC is invested by more people, your share of the ICO coins gets smaller.

The total amount of coins remains the same but there are more investors to distribute to.

Bimsky

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 05:56:30 AM

Ah ok, that makes sense. Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 593 »
  Print  

Jump to: