Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 05:50:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Syscoin vs Bitbay  (Read 13077 times)
Munti

Activity: 661
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 01:27:24 PM

Here we go! Looks like the theifs from the ICO are all out & dumped and it's skywards now!

Watch Bitbay catch-up to syscoin!! Blast off!!

You'r right. Without whale dumpers we should expect i nice increase in price. That's good news for both BitBay and SYS I think. A price increase for Bay will draw attention to the solutions Bay and SYS offer. 2016 has been very much about anon. Now it's time to focus on how smart contracts and decentralized markets offer advantages to mainstream users.
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:41:37 PM

Here we go! Looks like the theifs from the ICO are all out & dumped and it's skywards now!

You'r right. Without whale dumpers we should expect i nice increase in price. That's good news for both BitBay and SYS I think. A price increase for Bay will draw attention to the solutions Bay and SYS offer. 2016 has been very much about anon. Now it's time to focus on how smart contracts and decentralized markets offer advantages to mainstream users.
Does bay do anon? Sys 2.1 supports zcash payments now
Munti

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:53:06 PM

Bay itself is not anon. But you can use zcash or any other anon coin on our market (If you want to use double deposit escrow, you still need Bay for the deposit)
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 04:04:00 PM

Bay itself is not anon. But you can use zcash or any other anon coin on our market (If you want to use double deposit escrow, you still need Bay for the deposit)
Oh ok so they deposit bay for escrow but what facilitates the external token transferring and validating? What stops someone from using the same payment say in btc twice to fool merchant? If i understane basically its bay held in escrow and then you have to manage transfer of fiat or any other coin manually and if they screw around their deposit goes out the window?

Also how would you know what the conversion rate was at.time of sale i put this info in sysrates.peg which rhe offer can query and get any fiat asset or token rate and validate payment amounts in consensus code making it secure to the network and not just off the record sanity checks which is prone to mistakes and other issues.
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 12:02:43 AM

It doesn't right now, however it was deemed essential or useful and the pros out weighed the negatives david would code in some privacy or anon features. Some have been discussed already.

Its a shame this thread is bay vs sys as if there can be only one. There is room for both and each approaches things slightly differently. I like both but see bay at this price as the better roi and david is also a pretty down to earth decent guy. It is impressive how quickly you incorporated zcash though well done. Upon completion both should be around 50m+ MC really if they get even the smallest success.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 12:48:56 AM

It doesn't right now, however it was deemed essential or useful and the pros out weighed the negatives david would code in some privacy or anon features. Some have been discussed already.

Its a shame this thread is bay vs sys as if there can be only one. There is room for both and each approaches things slightly differently. I like both but see bay at this price as the better roi and david is also a pretty down to earth decent guy. It is impressive how quickly you incorporated zcash though well done. Upon completion both should be around 50m+ MC really if they get even the smallest success.
Its design decisions really.. if you design properly with the right decisions instead of cutting corners and base strong base then everything on top not only works properly but is fast.. it takes years to master software design but really is invaluable.once a software professional uses it to guide the construction of an architecture... i think david is also good at it although i havent seen code yet speaking with him makes me feel that.

I can tell you that most of the revolutionary designs tend to go against conventional thinking as it takes outside the box thinking to make something that fulfills vision that noone else has but.one can see where the market is headed..to know where the market is.going before anyone else does and actually do something about it... there are very few of those around... mostly copy and paste and rehash designs which already exist to capitalize on the goldrush. Sure that may pad your pocket but no sense of satisfaction that you actually better the world which is what those types of people strive for that we are looking for in crypto.. there are few and far between but anyone looking at investing should really look for that type of person heading the ship to know its not just a pump n dump attempt and releasing vaporware
Munti

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 11:22:50 PM

Oh ok so they deposit bay for escrow but what facilitates the external token transferring and validating? What stops someone from using the same payment say in btc twice to fool merchant? If i understane basically its bay held in escrow and then you have to manage transfer of fiat or any other coin manually and if they screw around their deposit goes out the window?

Correct

Also how would you know what the conversion rate was at.time of sale i put this info in sysrates.peg which rhe offer can query and get any fiat asset or token rate and validate payment amounts in consensus code making it secure to the network and not just off the record sanity checks which is prone to mistakes and other issues.

We only use conversion calculator (what you call peg, lol) for Bay-US$ and Bay-Btc. Those that need other conversions in their contracts will have to wait til we release the ability to write your own smart contracts in phyton.
sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:05:08 AM
Last edit: November 26, 2016, 01:29:10 AM by sidhujag

Correct

We only use conversion calculator (what you call peg, lol) for Bay-US$ and Bay-Btc. Those that need other conversions in their contracts will have to wait til we release the ability to write your own smart contracts in phyton.
"
Definition. When the price of a security, commodity, or currency is fixed at a certain amount either by agreement, or intervention in the market. This is commonly used to stabilize or fix currency exchange rates, for example many international currencies are pegged to the U.S. dollar."

Thats what a price peg means.. yours is by intervention mine is by agreement. By agreement means i can lookup at any time what that agreed rate was and use it in consensus to ensure historical payments were correct and its part of the blockchain network security...

So do you actually enforce the btc to bay price at time of sale in consensus code to ensure that thr payment was correct at the time of sale?(imagine having to resync and needing to lookup the rates)... yes sysrates.peg is just another form of peg..

In actuality, sys can peg to any asset or fiat or coin while bay will peg by definition to only bay...although bays peg is stricter and users have no choice but to pay with those rates because intervention enforces it.. with sys if users dont like the peg rate they can either choose not to buy that item or merchant can use another rate peg alias which follows rates more closely or offers an asset coin or fiat that another doesnt offer. This is the beauty of using blockchain services rather than just p2p.. and if you say bloat is an issue its not cause after expiration i prune both the db and the transaction from being spread across to other new nodes syncing up to reduce bandwidth and storage equirements

So it is not really the same level of integration at all... any coin then by your definition supports any other coins payments lol.. better just to say only bay is supported or people will get false impression
Munti

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 02:54:43 AM

Correct

"
Definition. When the price of a security, commodity, or currency is fixed at a certain amount either by agreement, or intervention in the market. This is commonly used to stabilize or fix currency exchange rates, for example many international currencies are pegged to the U.S. dollar."

Thats what a price peg means.. yours is by intervention mine is by agreement. By agreement means i can lookup at any time what that agreed rate was and use it in consensus to ensure historical payments were correct and its part of the blockchain network security...

So do you actually enforce the btc to bay price at time of sale in consensus code to ensure that thr payment was correct at the time of sale?(imagine having to resync and needing to lookup the rates)... yes sysrates.peg is just another form of peg..

In actuality, sys can peg to any asset or fiat or coin while bay will peg by definition to only bay...although bays peg is stricter and users have no choice but to pay with those rates because intervention enforces it.. with sys if users dont like the peg rate they can either choose not to buy that item or merchant can use another rate peg alias which follows rates more closely or offers an asset coin or fiat that another doesnt offer. This is the beauty of using blockchain services rather than just p2p.. and if you say bloat is an issue its not cause after expiration i prune both the db and the transaction from being spread across to other new nodes syncing up to reduce bandwidth and storage equirements

So it is not really the same level of integration at all... any coin then by your definition supports any other coins payments lol.. better just to say only bay is supported or people will get false impression

I have explained the difference between a calculator and a peg to you before:

http://www.investorwords.com/18459/pegged_price.html

The act of pegging price is exactly what is going on in Syscoin.. exactly how you think it would work by thinking of it as a price pegging feature. When you list something in USD it needs to peg that USD price to the rolling SYS/USD amount so that at any time someone may purchase it and pay correct amount at that time. The act of updating the pegging alias is what maintains the price peg for USD etc.

Saying its a fixed price/price gaurantee etc actually confuses not only the feature but the person using the UI who are introduced with new words that they have to make sense with. (UI faux pas)

I actually agree with munti on this, by that terminology we already "peg" in Bitbay because the price tracker on "Cash for Coins" is a bot that follows the original USD price of the offer (making sure they always get fair market value based on exchange rates)

But that is not pegging, its tracking.

Pegs in terms of crypto are economic pegs like NuBits or Tether. (and we could even call NuBits frontrunners)
just because its a simple approach doesnt mean its not achieving the same thing for our purpose. Its an endogeneous solution. Later when we have assets maybe it will make more sense because you would have federated pegs of custom assets saleable through offers which because of the design is pretty easy to implement. I see now what you guys mean but i think its still just a simple peg doing the same thing.. we dont need all the rules like bitshares shellingcoin or nubits.. i think crypto invented those ideas of pegs so to me they are called something else if not more complicated two way pegs. Only real diff I can see is that they are tradeable while mine isnt. I woulnt call it something else just because its not tradeable.

I have to say I'm puzzled now. Are you seriously saying that you don't see the difference in agreeing to a price in a different currency, and the act of stabilising a currency??? It may serve your purpose, but it's nowhere near the same thing.

Crypto did not invent pegging at all. Pegging has been an important tool in macro economics for a very long time. It still is. But most countries use a more sophisticated peg now than they did before.  That makes it harder to recognise for non economists.
the only difference is you can trade nubits but you cant trade my peg.. its one way not two way.

Finally home at my keyboard again.
Now let me try to explain this once and for all. You posted a link that I assume was ment to be your justification of using the term pegging for your pricetracking in sys.

I'll just post the definition you find there as well:

Definition
When the price of a security, commodity, or currency is fixed at a certain amount either by agreement, or intervention in the market. This is commonly used to stabilize or fix currency exchange rates, for example many international currencies are pegged to the U.S. dollar. Securities price pegging is however illegal, and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

You understood the words, but completely missed the context. Commodities in this context is not an iphone or a camera. We are talking oil, grain, etc. If I where to make a definition from the top of my head I would say that a commodity is not a commodity in the above context unless it is big enough to base derivatives on it. So we are back to what I told you before. Pegging is a term that is used in a macro enviroment. (Big commodities like oil actually are like currencies in some ways)

Saying its a fixed price/price gaurantee etc actually confuses not only the feature but the person using the UI who are introduced with new words that they have to make sense with. (UI faux pas)

I share your concern that confusion about features should be avoided, and that's why I'm so opposed to your use of the term pegging.

Your last paragraph is a perfect example of how nothing makes sense anymore when you confuse a calculator with pegging

1 Sys is not pegged to anything
2 Bay is not pegged to Bay. Bay will be pegged to US$
3 Please clarify if you are talking about peg or calculator in this sentence: "although bays peg is stricter and users have no choice but to pay with those rates because intervention enforces it.. with sys if users dont like the peg rate they can either choose not to buy that item or merchant can use another rate peg alias which follows rates more closely or offers an asset coin or fiat that another doesnt offer."
4 I agree its not the same level of integration if you are talking about pegging. The rolling peg that BitBay will implement is a fundamental feature whilst our, -and syscoins, calculator is a handy add-on or service.
5 Your last sentence is correct provided that any other coin follows our example and develops a market and a safe way to do business that allows for any coin to be used.

sidhujag
Legendary

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 04:36:06 AM

Correct

"

I have explained the difference between a calculator and a peg to you before:

The act of pegging price is exactly what is going on in Syscoin.. exactly how you think it would work by thinking of it as a price pegging feature. When you list something in USD it needs to peg that USD price to the rolling SYS/USD amount so that at any time someone may purchase it and pay correct amount at that time. The act of updating the pegging alias is what maintains the price peg for USD etc.

I actually agree with munti on this, by that terminology we already "peg" in Bitbay because the price tracker on "Cash for Coins" is a bot that follows the original USD price of the offer (making sure they always get fair market value based on exchange rates)

But that is not pegging, its tracking.

Pegs in terms of crypto are economic pegs like NuBits or Tether. (and we could even call NuBits frontrunners)
just because its a simple approach doesnt mean its not achieving the same thing for our purpose. Its an endogeneous solution. Later when we have assets maybe it will make more sense because you would have federated pegs of custom assets saleable through offers which because of the design is pretty easy to implement. I see now what you guys mean but i think its still just a simple peg doing the same thing.. we dont need all the rules like bitshares shellingcoin or nubits.. i think crypto invented those ideas of pegs so to me they are called something else if not more complicated two way pegs. Only real diff I can see is that they are tradeable while mine isnt. I woulnt call it something else just because its not tradeable.

I have to say I'm puzzled now. Are you seriously saying that you don't see the difference in agreeing to a price in a different currency, and the act of stabilising a currency??? It may serve your purpose, but it's nowhere near the same thing.

Crypto did not invent pegging at all. Pegging has been an important tool in macro economics for a very long time. It still is. But most countries use a more sophisticated peg now than they did before.  That makes it harder to recognise for non economists.
the only difference is you can trade nubits but you cant trade my peg.. its one way not two way.

Finally home at my keyboard again.
Now let me try to explain this once and for all. You posted a link that I assume was ment to be your justification of using the term pegging for your pricetracking in sys.

I'll just post the definition you find there as well:

Definition
When the price of a security, commodity, or currency is fixed at a certain amount either by agreement, or intervention in the market. This is commonly used to stabilize or fix currency exchange rates, for example many international currencies are pegged to the U.S. dollar. Securities price pegging is however illegal, and regulated by the Securities and Exchange Commission.

You understood the words, but completely missed the context. Commodities in this context is not an iphone or a camera. We are talking oil, grain, etc. If I where to make a definition from the top of my head I would say that a commodity is not a commodity in the above context unless it is big enough to base derivatives on it. So we are back to what I told you before. Pegging is a term that is used in a macro enviroment. (Big commodities like oil actually are like currencies in some ways)

I share your concern that confusion about features should be avoided, and that's why I'm so opposed to your use of the term pegging.

Your last paragraph is a perfect example of how nothing makes sense anymore when you confuse a calculator with pegging

1 Sys is not pegged to anything
2 Bay is not pegged to Bay. Bay will be pegged to US$
3 Please clarify if you are talking about peg or calculator in this sentence: "although bays peg is stricter and users have no choice but to pay with those rates because intervention enforces it.. with sys if users dont like the peg rate they can either choose not to buy that item or merchant can use another rate peg alias which follows rates more closely or offers an asset coin or fiat that another doesnt offer."
4 I agree its not the same level of integration if you are talking about pegging. The rolling peg that BitBay will implement is a fundamental feature whilst our, -and syscoins, calculator is a handy add-on or service.
5 Your last sentence is correct provided that any other coin follows our example and develops a market and a safe way to do business that allows for any coin to be used.

Talking about how you incorrectly term what a peg means in the context of syscoin rates peg alias... its an agreement as per definition of a price peg. Bay is using intervention to do its peg with usd. Both are using price pegs.

Syscoin offer price can be pegged to usd or any other asset simple as that... its more than a conversion done at sale which is what im trying to explain to you...

The last sentence just means that syscoins integration with external coins is not merely as simple as depositing a coin and using it as collateral for a manual process.. for one no deposits are necessary so it has to be a more involved integration for it to work and it does work rather well.

I hope you understand this time... cause im usually mobile so if you need further clarification i can sit down and try to explain better... or better yet we can talk about it by referencing the whitepaper when im done.. that might work better
galaxiekyl
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1113

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 05:17:22 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2017, 06:43:53 AM by galaxiekyl

hi, i not read 2 page of this thread than already this go in clash sys vs bay  Roll Eyes

so i will try be neutral in my question..if someone can respond me simply without rage envers one or other project i would be grateful.  Grin

the problem with decentralized market is that yu must accord yur confiance at a or b part..this is available for digital item in sale.

But if yu want selling tangible item..what happens at that time ? yu must accorded yur confiance at 3 part (c)..this can be postal service or customs..so how sys or bay can resolve this problem ? if the package is lost or robbed..how to negotiate ? what is to be included in the contract ? i suppose yes..but who will take the décision of liberate funds ? if 2 part are not in agreement ? because in this case seller lost a item and buyer lost her money ? If a third party can not compensate for the loss..these markets does not risk to make white cabbage or limited to sale the digital item ?

(there are other problem that i not enumerate like counterfeiting or broken item or robbed...)

Of course..for this genre of buying yu can choose to buy at  trust sellers or take an assurance like special postal package..but it may cost you more..especially if you trade internationally.

From what i understood sys seems like ebay (semi auto)..and bay like openbazar (full auto)..but sys give 0,5% for arbitrator..which can be hight for a purchase of more than a hundred dollars or more..so i think bay have better policy..it(s both double trapping..but is more risked.

sys has another function that i like than bay have may be not..its sale of private item..to my knowledge no market does this..thats an exclu sys  Cool

I think that these 2 projects are very successful..maybe more that dark market..succes of sys will may be opening way for bay..but problem is same..the 3 part..you must take into account this determining factor in your purchase / sale which can be a factor for fraud..and more still complicated for newbe..because it is so much easy to go out its cb and to buy on ebay or amazon..the simplicity this is what peoples of common world research.
whale_shark (OP)

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 01:38:11 PM

I don't understand what you are asking?
Bitbay can sell private items. If you create a private store people can only enter the store if they are invited. So you can sell whT you like and you have control over who can shop in your store!

Can I say that if you are going to create a currency you need to be able to use it and spend it! Otherwise they are pointless and useless! What can you do with your Dogecoin or namecoins or dashcoins??? You need a market to give people the opportunity to use them. That is what these alts are doing. If they are useless the will die eventually.
muddafudda
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:38:13 PM

SysCoin (SYS) have already benefited from high interest on the part of the traders, under the probability of activating SegWit, in this way the trades have taken advantage of the appreciation of both altcoins. SysCoin's (SYS) history is almost identical to DigiByte (DGB) having presented a modest increase in April 2016, the price remained US $ 0.01 until the release of SegWit about a possible activation, causing its price to rise in Around US $ 0.03.
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 11:44:39 PM

Both Bitbay and Sys are the first 2 alts to be incorporated into Blocknet. Sys last week and bitbay this week.

mudasarali43

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:57:44 AM

Sys coin is good [Suspicious link removed]d team good technology
There is good time to buy sys coin for long term trading you can get a good return for long time investment
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]  All
  Print  

Jump to: