Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 08:17:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒ Syscoin -Blockchain Scalability, Trustless Interoperability for ERC20 projects  (Read 501978 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
bek77

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:54:09 AM

Syscoin's suite of blockchain-enabled services provide merchants the ability to buy and sell goods and services, encrypted messaging, escrow, digital asset storage, reselling and more. Syscoin also provides a replacement for typical blockchain addresses, known as aliases; providing ease-of-use.

The goal of Syscoin is to integrate with major centralized marketplace and e-commerce platforms to help ease merchants transition from centralized marketplace solutions to decentralized, blockchain-based marketplaces with lower costs, better reliability and a much higher level of redundancy  .........SEPTEMBER 12 ....be ready for ... https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry/blockmarket-desktop-release-date-d3a63acda1ed

Bitbay have had all this 18 months . . .

Apart from escrow as bitbay is decentralised so doesn't use 'middlemen' they have DDE and a seller rating and will be pegged to the dollar in winter to avoid price fluctuations.

It's not cool to advertise in someone else's thread...

Well I dont like saying too many negative things about similar products, but my impression from BitBay a relatively unprofessional one, based on what I've seen from the "lead dev" guy who acts like a child in their announcement thread. This doesn't reinforce confidence. It has been around so long and doesn't manage to climb up. Why? Because there are tons of year-long bag holders who desperately wait to dump the coin whenever there is a slight rise.

Syscoin is just on a completely different level professionalwise, if not to say a different universe. Many more good things will come for syscoin.

when the good things?
Infernum

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:07:27 PM

when the good things?

Have at look at their blog. The two posts from Aug 29 have a lot of info, including full Roadmap:
https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry

https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry/core-research-and-development-update-503e450b380c
https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry/blockmarket-desktop-release-date-d3a63acda1ed
beliomir

Activity: 539
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:23:35 PM

Why? Huh

With changing wallet QT? Huh

Let me loose your coin, fed up! Maybe changed wallet?  Huh
i'm dispite cos i can"t make donation from my wallet!

Like us, anybody can mining with good hardware!!
I'dispite

Angry

Whitepaper     E M R X Token   :   LEARN MORE   
      E M I R E X         ─── إمركس ───          :         The Infrastructure for the
  [ telegram    facebook    TWITTER ]         New Digital Economy
redectro

Activity: 51
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:41:09 PM

It is doing a great job inside exchange traders really hyping the price it seems that the update really being supported and spectators wanted to earn good profits already place my entry let see if how big the rise will do before selling my share, the lightning network is a great idea and the decentralized business block chain platform concept is awesome. Good luck to your folks! Cheesy
bontol72

Activity: 285
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:06:44 AM

Blockmarket Desktop Release Date

Blockmarket 1.0 for Desktop will be released on September 12, 2017.

Blockmarket Desktop is a replacement for the Syscoin QT wallet. It provides much-improved functionality, design and usability to all Syscoin services (marketplace, messaging, escrow, certificates and more) including drag and drop image uploads, easy wallet lock/unlock, robust identity management, enhanced category selection, improved messaging and more!

Blockmarket Desktop Beta5 (does not reflect final aesthetics)
Security Issue Remediation
The few issues found in the security audit have been closed and we are sending Beta 6 out to Digital Boundary Group for remediation and expect to receive the completed report before the 12th.

Blockmarket Functions

The new Blockmarket desktop wallet replaces the Syscoin QT wallet. Some functions currently available in the Syscoin QT wallet are not included in the initial release of Blockmarket, but will be added rapidly in successive releases. These features include things such as Multisig, Safesearch, Feedback, Ratings/Reviews and Bitcoin/Zcash payments. All of these will be implemented via Blockmarket in future releases in the very near-term to reach 1:1 parity with Syscoin QT functionality.

System Requirements:

Windows
Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable
Windows 7 or later (32 bit and 64 bit, no ARM support)
2GB of RAM
3GB of available hard-disk space
1024x768 screen resolution
MacOS
An Intel processor that’s 64-bit
Mac OS X v10.9, Mac OS X v10.10, Mac OS X v10.11*, or macOS v10.12
2GB of RAM
3GB of available hard-disk space
1024x768 screen resolution
Linux (not supported for 1.0 but will add support in a future release)
An Intel Pentium 4 processor or later that’s SSE2 capable
Planned Supported Distributions:
Ubuntu 12.04 and later
Fedora 21
Debian 8

Syscoin QT Function Removal
As it makes up a portion of the core services for Blockmarket, the Syscoin QT wallet will be deprecated but not discontinued. All advanced Syscoin services will be moved from the QT wallet to the Blockmarket wallet to save valuable space. It will retain limited send/receive/storage functionality and have lower system requirements. We will continue to keep the Syscoin Core up-to-date with Bitcoin core development. Trimming Syscoin UI functionality from the QT interface will reduce overhead in keeping up with Bitcoin Core.

Timeline

Decentralized Identity
As announced with our joining Microsoft’s DIF initiative we are committed to working with the larger blockchain community to establish and execute a specification for decentralized identity that in time will be recognized and respected by official regulatory bodies. Although the work within DIF is still nascent and ongoing we’ve already made changes in Blockmarket Desktop and our approach to Syscoin Aliases to pave the way for Aliases to conform to the DIF spec as it matures without the need for major core Syscoin changes. These portable, decentralized identities will be available in the Blockmarket 1.0 release and will continue to evolve in parallel with the DIF’s efforts.

Merchant Pilot Program

We intended to begin the Merchant Pilot program in conjunction with Blockmarket Web release. However, a number of merchants with well over 100,000 SKUs each have stepped forward, eager to onramp their offers to the Syscoin blockchain and improve their bottom line. The Merchant Pilot program is an incentivized program for merchants to add their products to the Syscoin Marketplace at no cost, working directly with the Blockchain Foundry technical team to make the process as simple and painless as possible in addition to providing feedback and ways to improve the product as a whole. We will be developing import filters/plugins (and a lot more) with their guidance.
This is a great real-world test for the Syscoin blockchain and we will share more info on these merchants when the time is right. These items will not be on the main Syscoin marketplace at the time of the Blockmarket Desktop release but you will start seeing products being added soon in preparation for BM Web and beyond. Our goal in this regard is to be the largest decentralized marketplace with the most items available for purchase, and making the process for listing and purchasing those items as dead-simple as possible.

The Road Forward

As you can see we’ve been very busy behind the scenes working on the future of Syscoin and Blockchain Foundry. Having half of the team full-time has greatly benefited our ability to “get ahead” of the next-gen work we’d always planned. Even though we’ve shared a lot with this post, there are many other current initiatives we cannot disclose until the time is right. We are constantly pushing for ways to increase the value of Syscoin itself while also making moves to increase its use/adoption as well. For a complete update on the research and development work going on relative to our next-gen offerings read this comprehensive post on Masternodes and our R&D efforts in that space.
Blockmarket Desktop will be released on September 12th during the afternoon (PM) hours in the US/PST timezone. Join us on our Slack Channel or our Telegram Channel for more information. Get an automatic invitation to our Slack Channel here: join.syscoin.org.
IconFirm

Activity: 1438
Merit: 574

Always ask questions. #StandWithHongKong

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2017, 12:01:13 PM

The bots are strong on Polo:

Centralised exchanges..... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

PIA went evil: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5203968.msg53160131#msg53160131 Unofficial & Uncensored SYSCOIN thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4748031.0    Do not trust Yobit/HitBTC/BiteBTC/coinsbit/p2pb2b/Mercatox/C-cex/Poloniex/WEX/KuCoin/LiveCoin/TheRockTrading/Bitfinex/ADAB/Okex/TradeSatoshi/Gate.io/Changelly/Freewallet.org/crex24 scam exchanges or ICO's by known scammers like HashCoins/Ambisafe/Bountyhive - they WILL scam you! Use diligence & research. Buy coins, sell coins - don't invest in stupid shit. If your questions aren't answered - don't touch it.
cydmax

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 07:31:21 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 06:50:24 AM by cydmax

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and registered to give you my assessment of Syscoin. The idea, team, execution and transparency are exceptional in the alt coin community! I really appreciate your work.
I'm looking at it from the business side and by the numbers, that means the current price of $0.28, the available amount of units (ca. $526m), the market share of Syscoin (ca. $150m) and the top 11 (ca. $1.1b - $69b) on [coinmarketcap]https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/#USD with Bitcoin as the monopoly. It's realistic for Syscoin to draw funding from new investors and other alt coins in the next year and rise to the price of $10.
That would propel it into the top 11 with a market capitalisation of around $5-7b. To enter the top 2 it needs a market cap of ca. $50b and requires a price of $100.
I don't think that is possible within the next year. My two main reasons:

1. Bitcoin dominates everything in the coin market, no matter what happens. It's the most trusted entity, that means you can exchange real currencies to Bitcoins very fast. No currency can beat that. Syscoin can only reach the price of $100, when the overall market cap of crypto currencies rises by the amount of $100b, as Bitcoin is still getting mostly the other half of the $100b as the gate keeper.

2. The global market cap of the top 100 R&C (Retailers and Consumer Goods market, which Syscoin is targeting) [source, page 11]https://www.pwc.de/de/handel-und-konsumguter/assets/pwc-analyse-top-100-2015.pdf was around $5000b in 2015. With 0.1% or $50b market cap Syscoin/Blockmarket would enter the top 20 [source, page 13]https://www.pwc.de/de/handel-und-konsumguter/assets/pwc-analyse-top-100-2015.pdf of the global top 100 R&C, which in all due respect to the work of the Syscoin team, would be a miracle within a year even in the unicorn crazed start up world.
Scaling a business is hard and requires a good tech stack (which is present), magnificent management, excellent HR, and a big portion of luck.

This won't happen in the next year, maybe in the next 5-10 years. As a comparison, it took Amazon over 20 years to become the behemoth we know now.

I've bought some amount of Syscoin and I'm in for the long run.
And as always: just my 0.2 Sys.
cryptocrypto23

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:17:47 AM

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and registered to give you my assessment of Syscoin. The idea, team, execution and transparency are exceptional in the alt coin community! I really appreciate your work.
I'm looking at it from the business side and by the numbers, that means the current price of $0.28, the available amount of units (ca. $526m), the market share of Syscoin (ca. $150m) and the top 11 (ca. $1.1b - $69b) on [coinmarketcap]https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/all/#USD with Bitcoin as the monopoly. It's realistic for Syscoin to draw funding from new investors and other alt coins in the next year and rise to the price of $10.
That would propel it into the top 11 with a market capitalisation of around $5-7b. To enter the top 2 it needs a market cap of ca. $50b and requires a price of $100.

1. Bitcoin dominates everything in the coin market, no matter what happens. It's the most trusted entity, that means you can exchange real currencies to Bitcoins very fast. No currency can beat that. Syscoin can only reach the price of $100, when the overall market cap of crypto currencies rises by the amount of $100b, as Bitcoin is still getting mostly the other half of the $100b as the gate keeper.

2. The global market cap of the top 100 R&C (Retailers and Consumer Goods market, which Syscoin is targeting) [source, page 11]https://www.pwc.de/de/handel-und-konsumguter/assets/pwc-analyse-top-100-2015.pdf was around $5000b in 2015. With 0.1% or $50b market cap Syscoin/Blockmarket would enter the top 20 [source, page 13]https://www.pwc.de/de/handel-und-konsumguter/assets/pwc-analyse-top-100-2015.pdf of the global top 100 R&C, which in all due respect to the work of the Syscoin team, would be a miracle within a year even in the unicorn crazed start up world.
Scaling a business is hard and requires a good tech stack (which is present), magnificent management, excellent HR, and a big portion of luck.

This won't happen in the next year, maybe in the next 5-10 years. As a comparison, it took Amazon over 20 years to become the behemoth we know now.

I like you're thinking! Top 11 in 1 year is a bit optimistic in my opinion, but hopefully Syscoin get's there. With a solid team and great real products this coin will go big!
BitWhat

Activity: 135

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:37:07 AM

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed analysis of the syscoin project. I think most people fail to realize that Syscoin is about more than just the sales of physical and digital goods. There's a whole bunch of industries that should be wary of the BF team. Services are also on the table, for example local services, freelance jobs, etc. So if we look at all of this then I see no reason why sys cannot go to the top 10 and $10 and beyond. Mass industry disruption is on the table, the smart will take advantage and realize the greater vision early on.
whale_shark

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:40:01 AM

wheres the link to download this market? Syscoin slast marketplace was a flop (no1 listed anything or used it) so I want to try this one out. Im sure its over hyped and will not get used but im willing to eat humble pie if im wrong
BitWhat

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 11:43:26 AM

wheres the link to download this market? Syscoin slast marketplace was a flop (no1 listed anything or used it) so I want to try this one out. Im sure its over hyped and will not get used but im willing to eat humble pie if im wrong

I would suggest you go read the latest medium posts. Blockmarket 1.0 release date is set for tomorrow. 
CoinratZ

Activity: 126

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:14:13 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2017, 02:24:39 PM by CoinratZ

I would suggest you go read the latest medium posts. Blockmarket 1.0 release date is set for tomorrow.  

Any news on what time it will go live? Previews of blockmarket look so good! This is gonna be awesome!
BitWhat

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 02:27:58 PM

Any news on what time it will go live?

No specific time set atm sorry. For what its worth, i'm not worried at all for a possible news dump, good projects pump on news not dump on news. I'm hodling sys for at least 1-2years before even thinking about selling. One of the very few crypto's where my investment feel safe even in the long run Cool
johnp

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:14:33 PM

Final @syscoin Blockmarket tutorial before launch tomorow This one is a bit longer all wallet features in one fluid edit

https://twitter.com/JohnSyscoin/status/907284596349390850

*Image Removed*
randywald

Activity: 600
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 05:31:36 PM

https://alcurex.com/#SYS-BTC

Join me at AlcurEX exchange for trading. Spread the volume.

WITHDRAWALS CURRENTLY UNLIMITED - Once we get some volume there, you can fill up your SYS wallets very quickly Wink

with kind regards,
randywald

leps

Activity: 918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 09:57:39 PM

It is pump time on SYS. Set your buy orders boyz. Good things coming in the next days.
techindo

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 06:20:03 AM

12 sept 2017 update wallet release.
bringing big changes from last 1 year , last year in the same month stable price in 1500-1600 Satoshi , early 2017 also still no significant changes , but the last few months changes have been felt by many parties, especially me
meejay

Activity: 630

"Venture into Sports"

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2017, 10:41:31 AM

I was expecting a steady increase in terms of pricing. I have been surprised to see the decline after reaching 8,5k sathosies.
Regards,

bamoqi

Activity: 30

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:15:24 PM

I was expecting a steady increase in terms of pricing. I have been surprised to see the decline after reaching 8,5k sathosies.
Regards,

People get impatient waiting for release. The 7k support seems very strong though.
game_changer

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 12:25:03 PM

just dumped mine. i think we have topped - buy back when its dropped 30%
Pages: « 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 [92] 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: