Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:17:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒ Syscoin -Blockchain Scalability, Trustless Interoperability for ERC20 projects  (Read 501974 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 11:59:52 PM

Do you have any potential features that you've discussed that could make it into a future version?

Certainly, we have our goals written in the following image, and reviewing it again myself, looks like we are going to have to update it very soon Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 12:30:03 AM

I am sure that SYSCoin has a great future! Where can I buy tokens after the end of ICO?

Syscoin is already on the market since 2014, you can get it right now using 32 cryptocurrencies with Blockmarket Desktop's in-wallet integration:  

https://github.com/syscoin/blockmarket-desktop-public/releases/tag/1.2

You can also buy Syscoin with the some popular exchanges such as Bittrex, Upbit, Poloniex, Changelly, Bittylicious and more!

celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 04:30:09 PM

I've been really enjoying how well made this market is. Will you be pushing marketing on it to get wide adoption soon?

Absolutely, we always have marketing pushes (which you may not always be aware of as we sometimes target specific regions/populations), however, we are waiting until it is easy-to-use for all, which is why Blockmarket Web is so important.

Although Blockmarket is arguably the most advanced Blockchain software available to use today, Blockmarket Desktop currently has many troubleshooting requests due to requiring Software (antivirus misdiagnosis, installation issues, etc), Syncing (people do not realize that all wallets that you control need to sync); all very common issues that all crypto wallets have. If we push marketing to the common population now, those who catch the bait will leave and never come back as soon as they run into issues.

Blockmarket Web will remove the requirement to download software (all you will need is a web browser from a phone or computer; not dependent on operating system or specific software), you will also no longer need to wait to be synced as the node you log into will already be synced, resolving most troubleshooting issues.

I like the idea of Blockmarket Web. It seems to alleviate many of the issues Blockmarket Desktop has. Are you planning to improve Blockmarket Desktop or just steer away from it?

We are continually improving Blockmarket Desktop as it is the basis for Blockmarket Web, everything and more will be ported-over to Web.

That makes sense and is good to know. Thanks!

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:38:17 PM

I've been really enjoying how well made this market is. Will you be pushing marketing on it to get wide adoption soon?

Absolutely, we always have marketing pushes (which you may not always be aware of as we sometimes target specific regions/populations), however, we are waiting until it is easy-to-use for all, which is why Blockmarket Web is so important.

Although Blockmarket is arguably the most advanced Blockchain software available to use today, Blockmarket Desktop currently has many troubleshooting requests due to requiring Software (antivirus misdiagnosis, installation issues, etc), Syncing (people do not realize that all wallets that you control need to sync); all very common issues that all crypto wallets have. If we push marketing to the common population now, those who catch the bait will leave and never come back as soon as they run into issues.

Blockmarket Web will remove the requirement to download software (all you will need is a web browser from a phone or computer; not dependent on operating system or specific software), you will also no longer need to wait to be synced as the node you log into will already be synced, resolving most troubleshooting issues.

I like the idea of Blockmarket Web. It seems to alleviate many of the issues Blockmarket Desktop has. Are you planning to improve Blockmarket Desktop or just steer away from it?

We are continually improving Blockmarket Desktop as it is the basis for Blockmarket Web, everything and more will be ported-over to Web.

That makes sense and is good to know. Thanks!

Our pleasure, thanks for your support!

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 04:44:38 PM

Check out the CryptoFizz Podcast, discussing Syscoin, Blockchain Foundry Inc and others!

https://cryptofizz.com/our-two-satoshis-ep2-syscoin-bancor-robinhood/

(Syscoin/Blockchain Foundry talk begins at 20:29 but it's all interesting to hear)

scam confirmed

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 05:24:34 PM

I've been following this project for a bit because it's nice to see a decentralized marketplace.  I'm impressed you are planning on solving the address problem by offering a username instead. Why do you think this problem hasn't been solved yet? I think even this one small feature is huge.

deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:31:18 PM

Is there a site where I can already look at offered items?
classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 06:51:39 PM

You guys must run a very lean company to be able to survive on such little fees!

Or how about somebody who has been screwed by Paypal and refuses to work with them on ethical principles?

This sounds like you're describing me. I've had so many problems with Paypal, people reversing payment on me after sending them very expensive products, and Paypal does nothing about it. On my most recent business they just decided they didn't want to be associated with it even though it was perfectly legal and closed my account down and locked my funds for months.

Exactly.. a decentralized policy is a paradaigm shift over central policy makers. Ive had similar issues. Depends on which way wind blows.

This kind of stuff is exactly what makes me excited for the future. Decentralized platforms are going to be for the good of all, instead of prioritizing benefiting the few people that managed to come up with the idea first.

Pretty much everyone who uses Paypal to receive payment has been on the wrong end of a support ruling there - they treat buyers better than sellers,  because they know sellers have no choice to suck it up. Furthermore, Paypal is owned by Ebay, making Ebay/Paypal a giant monopoly with very little real competition. The exorbitant Ebay/PP fees get pulled directly, right out of the vendors account, "no payment necessary" (and vendors had no choice but to suck up these new payment terms or get banned). They're getting to be almost as bad as Comcast in the customer service department as well. Often these characteristics (monopoly, poor service, high fees) are perfect indicators of a dinosaur corporation that needs to suddenly become extinct. There is a long way to technical mastery of running a market decentrally, and consumer adoption will certainly take time. But looking at the Blockmarket product offerings, I'd say it's not THAT far away.

Of course there will also be problems in decentralized markets, with scamming vendors and/or frozen escrows. However it appears that these problems are mitigated by reputation systems and the occasional iron fisted banhammer on a vendor. Scamming buyers is less of a problem, as the losses are limited. Generally, the wholesale/retail wall is broken down, leading to better prices for buyers and sellers!

Finally, using cryptos to pay for goods on a decentralized market should in theory be safer than using a credit card, because there is no "shared secret" requirement. No more giving somebody you don't know your credit card number!

Great points overall, but I think one thing you should know is that Paypal and Ebay split a while back. I think Paypal saw Ebay as a sinking ship, but the lifeboat they're in now is about to hit turbulent waters caused by the tempest that is cryptocurrency!

Yes that is true they split in 2015, I think it was mostly a cosmetic change to protect Paypal from Ebay's losses. Perhaps Ebay is losing market share to Amazon? However Paypal's revenue and stock tripled in the last 3 years. They've got 200 million users worldwide. And they're one of the sh*ttiest companies to deal with for everyone. According to my reading they've backed off their policy of freezing accounts all of the time because of the bad press it generated. Nonetheless they routinely put holds on accounts and routinely harass the people who make them millions of dollars per day!

I've been thinking about Blockmarket Desktop versus Blockmarket Web - the desktop version is actually the original concept, a decentralized market that is hosted redundantly by its users. Blockmarket web in theory would be susceptible to shutdowns. However, if enough people are running it, it should be secure. Also, this market does not seem like it's focused on black market and/or illegal items, so there isn't much reason a government would want to shut it down. As long as everybody is paying taxes...
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:52:33 PM

I've been following this project for a bit because it's nice to see a decentralized marketplace.  I'm impressed you are planning on solving the address problem by offering a username instead. Why do you think this problem hasn't been solved yet? I think even this one small feature is huge.

Currently, we use a combination of both, you initially get a Syscoin address similar to Bitcoin's original convention and you purchase and Alias(Indentity/Username) that links to an address. Blockchain technology is in constant evolution, controlling your own identity without centralization is extremely important to the future of our world which is why we are also part of the Decentralized Identity Foundation, among partners like Microsoft & IBM.

http://identity.foundation/

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 07:54:58 PM

Is there a site where I can already look at offered items?

We are bringing Blockmarket on the web very soon, however, for now, you can really only see the listings by using the Mac or PC Desktop version. You can check it out right now by downloading and installing Blockmarket Desktop: https://github.com/syscoin/blockmarket-desktop-public/releases/tag/1.2

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2018, 08:43:14 PM
Last edit: February 01, 2018, 08:25:32 AM by sebastien1234

You guys must run a very lean company to be able to survive on such little fees!

Or how about somebody who has been screwed by Paypal and refuses to work with them on ethical principles?

This sounds like you're describing me. I've had so many problems with Paypal, people reversing payment on me after sending them very expensive products, and Paypal does nothing about it. On my most recent business they just decided they didn't want to be associated with it even though it was perfectly legal and closed my account down and locked my funds for months.

Exactly.. a decentralized policy is a paradaigm shift over central policy makers. Ive had similar issues. Depends on which way wind blows.

This kind of stuff is exactly what makes me excited for the future. Decentralized platforms are going to be for the good of all, instead of prioritizing benefiting the few people that managed to come up with the idea first.

Pretty much everyone who uses Paypal to receive payment has been on the wrong end of a support ruling there - they treat buyers better than sellers,  because they know sellers have no choice to suck it up. Furthermore, Paypal is owned by Ebay, making Ebay/Paypal a giant monopoly with very little real competition. The exorbitant Ebay/PP fees get pulled directly, right out of the vendors account, "no payment necessary" (and vendors had no choice but to suck up these new payment terms or get banned). They're getting to be almost as bad as Comcast in the customer service department as well. Often these characteristics (monopoly, poor service, high fees) are perfect indicators of a dinosaur corporation that needs to suddenly become extinct. There is a long way to technical mastery of running a market decentrally, and consumer adoption will certainly take time. But looking at the Blockmarket product offerings, I'd say it's not THAT far away.

Of course there will also be problems in decentralized markets, with scamming vendors and/or frozen escrows. However it appears that these problems are mitigated by reputation systems and the occasional iron fisted banhammer on a vendor. Scamming buyers is less of a problem, as the losses are limited. Generally, the wholesale/retail wall is broken down, leading to better prices for buyers and sellers!

Finally, using cryptos to pay for goods on a decentralized market should in theory be safer than using a credit card, because there is no "shared secret" requirement. No more giving somebody you don't know your credit card number!

Great points overall, but I think one thing you should know is that Paypal and Ebay split a while back. I think Paypal saw Ebay as a sinking ship, but the lifeboat they're in now is about to hit turbulent waters caused by the tempest that is cryptocurrency!

Yes that is true they split in 2015, I think it was mostly a cosmetic change to protect Paypal from Ebay's losses. Perhaps Ebay is losing market share to Amazon? However Paypal's revenue and stock tripled in the last 3 years. They've got 200 million users worldwide. And they're one of the sh*ttiest companies to deal with for everyone. According to my reading they've backed off their policy of freezing accounts all of the time because of the bad press it generated. Nonetheless they routinely put holds on accounts and routinely harass the people who make them millions of dollars per day!

I've been thinking about Blockmarket Desktop versus Blockmarket Web - the desktop version is actually the original concept, a decentralized market that is hosted redundantly by its users. Blockmarket web in theory would be susceptible to shutdowns. However, if enough people are running it, it should be secure. Also, this market does not seem like it's focused on black market and/or illegal items, so there isn't much reason a government would want to shut it down. As long as everybody is paying taxes...

Technically, the Syscoin QT wallet was the original concept of the marketplace, first via console command and then as a GUI directly on Syscoin QT 2.0.

QT, however, is not easy to work with and adding much needed improvements is not only time-consuming but still really ugly and not intuitive or even user-friendly.

This and for a few other obvious reasons, is why we went the web-dev route by first designing an API for developers that harnesses the functions of the blockchain and the using that same API to build Blockmarket as a web-app.

The concept of adding Syscoin masternodes creates a decentralized point-of-entry to Blockmarket web, so yes, one node can be shut down, but not the entire network.

We are not at all focused on black market or illegal items, in fact, we will moderate anything we come across (or is reported) that is illegal in our country (Canada). Although illicit goods are a very large market, in comparison to our target market (everyone else) it is a very small share of the pie.

GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:00:24 PM

Do you have any potential features that you've discussed that could make it into a future version?

Certainly, we have our goals written in the following image, and reviewing it again myself, looks like we are going to have to update it very soon Wink

Thanks for the reply! I'm happy to see so much progress being made even this early in the year. I am particularly excited for the mobile platform.
joblessminer

Activity: 644

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 05:36:54 PM

I noticed that while everything in the market seemed to be going down, syscoin did not. What do you think is the cause of that?

In my opinion, I think it comes down to actually having a useful product. Much like how while everything else plummeted during the recession in 2009, Dollar Tree in the US was soaring. Even during hard times, there are certain things people are willing to spend money on, especially if it can save or make them more money, like I think Syscoin's market can.

Yeah, I can agree with this and think you put it nicely. I believe people see the value in syscoin and therefore are willing to spend money on it.
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 06:00:43 PM

I noticed that while everything in the market seemed to be going down, syscoin did not. What do you think is the cause of that?

In my opinion, I think it comes down to actually having a useful product. Much like how while everything else plummeted during the recession in 2009, Dollar Tree in the US was soaring. Even during hard times, there are certain things people are willing to spend money on, especially if it can save or make them more money, like I think Syscoin's market can.

Yeah, I can agree with this and think you put it nicely. I believe people see the value in syscoin and therefore are willing to spend money on it.

Very true. And added is the fact that they can save / make money doing it. Grin
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 06:51:59 PM

Thanks for the reply! I'm happy to see so much progress being made even this early in the year. I am particularly excited for the mobile platform.

No problem at all Smiley We are certainly excited about all our upcoming features, particularly that we will be able to offer Blockmarket Web on all platforms (such as mobile)

bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 07:14:36 PM

I see that on the list, Masternode is marked as completed ... I thought it was just testnet! Have you already run Masternodes in mainnet?!?

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 07:55:13 PM

I see that on the list, Masternode is marked as completed ... I thought it was just testnet! Have you already run Masternodes in mainnet?!?

It is still on testnet but the development of masternodes 1.0 is complete, now we are beta-testing asset creations and instant transactions (zeroconf transactions) which will be released in the same version.

Merovingio81

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 09:00:28 PM

Great news, one of the best project in cryptoworld and real life!  Grin

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2018, 10:14:30 PM

Great news, one of the best project in cryptoworld and real life!  Grin

Thank you, your support is truly appreciated!

johnp

Activity: 575
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2018, 10:53:42 PM

Really good write up on Syscoin

https://www.reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/7uih1g/beginners_guide_to_syscoin_sys_and_why_you_should/

*Image Removed*
Pages: « 1 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 [122] 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: