Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 08:49:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ⚒ Syscoin -Blockchain Scalability, Trustless Interoperability for ERC20 projects  (Read 501974 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (14 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
Wosterlee

Activity: 220
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 12:14:24 AM

Are there any estimations yet for the ROI of a masternode?
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 01:57:33 AM

Are there any estimations yet for the ROI of a masternode?

Here's some information that you may find useful, keep in mind that it really depend on the amount of nodes that are operational:

https://medium.com/@BlockchainFoundry/token-issuance-on-syscoin-platform-and-masternode-innovations-90988579585a

classicsucks

Activity: 686
Merit: 504

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:24:54 AM

I've been thinking about Blockmarket Desktop versus Blockmarket Web - the desktop version is actually the original concept, a decentralized market that is hosted redundantly by its users. Blockmarket web in theory would be susceptible to shutdowns. However, if enough people are running it, it should be secure. Also, this market does not seem like it's focused on black market and/or illegal items, so there isn't much reason a government would want to shut it down. As long as everybody is paying taxes...

Technically, the Syscoin QT wallet was the original concept of the marketplace, first via console command and then as a GUI directly on Syscoin QT 2.0.

QT, however, is not easy to work with and adding much needed improvements is not only time-consuming but still really ugly and not intuitive or even user-friendly.

This and for a few other obvious reasons, is why we went the web-dev route by first designing an API for developers that harnesses the functions of the blockchain and the using that same API to build Blockmarket as a web-app.

The concept of adding Syscoin masternodes creates a decentralized point-of-entry to Blockmarket web, so yes, one node can be shut down, but not the entire network.

We are not at all focused on black market or illegal items, in fact, we will moderate anything we come across (or is reported) that is illegal in our country (Canada). Although illicit goods are a very large market, in comparison to our target market (everyone else) it is a very small share of the pie.

Yes I've heard QT is a dog to code. There could be vulnerabilities in the web->daemon interface, especially if it relies on RPC, but other than that I think that's a sound development choice.

There are plenty of competitors in the black market space, so the mainstream is a good target. Privacy features are less important and legitimate disintermediated commerce is the goal. One drawback would be lobbying by corporations to criminalize and/or overburden the distributed marketplace business model with regulations, simply to extinguish competition in ecommerce markets. I guess we'll see how this all plays out over the next few years...

deeltje

Activity: 486
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 03:35:23 PM

Is there a site where I can already look at offered items?

We are bringing Blockmarket on the web very soon, however, for now, you can really only see the listings by using the Mac or PC Desktop version. You can check it out right now by downloading and installing Blockmarket Desktop: https://github.com/syscoin/blockmarket-desktop-public/releases/tag/1.2

Thanks for the help. I just downloaded it and it's a very nice and intuitive design. Very quick process too.  I am very glad to see you are bringing it to the web, though. When is the projected date for that?
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:07:23 PM

I've been thinking about Blockmarket Desktop versus Blockmarket Web - the desktop version is actually the original concept, a decentralized market that is hosted redundantly by its users. Blockmarket web in theory would be susceptible to shutdowns. However, if enough people are running it, it should be secure. Also, this market does not seem like it's focused on black market and/or illegal items, so there isn't much reason a government would want to shut it down. As long as everybody is paying taxes...

Technically, the Syscoin QT wallet was the original concept of the marketplace, first via console command and then as a GUI directly on Syscoin QT 2.0.

QT, however, is not easy to work with and adding much needed improvements is not only time-consuming but still really ugly and not intuitive or even user-friendly.

This and for a few other obvious reasons, is why we went the web-dev route by first designing an API for developers that harnesses the functions of the blockchain and the using that same API to build Blockmarket as a web-app.

The concept of adding Syscoin masternodes creates a decentralized point-of-entry to Blockmarket web, so yes, one node can be shut down, but not the entire network.

We are not at all focused on black market or illegal items, in fact, we will moderate anything we come across (or is reported) that is illegal in our country (Canada). Although illicit goods are a very large market, in comparison to our target market (everyone else) it is a very small share of the pie.

Yes I've heard QT is a dog to code. There could be vulnerabilities in the web->daemon interface, especially if it relies on RPC, but other than that I think that's a sound development choice.

There are plenty of competitors in the black market space, so the mainstream is a good target. Privacy features are less important and legitimate disintermediated commerce is the goal. One drawback would be lobbying by corporations to criminalize and/or overburden the distributed marketplace business model with regulations, simply to extinguish competition in ecommerce markets. I guess we'll see how this all plays out over the next few years...

Certainly it is difficult to know what kind of regulations will essentially hit crypto and decentralized marketplaces in the future. We are really largely focused on B2B as that is one big part of driving network affect and we will make sure that we adapt to whatever regulations are imposed

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2018, 04:15:37 PM

We are bringing Blockmarket on the web very soon, however, for now, you can really only see the listings by using the Mac or PC Desktop version. You can check it out right now by downloading and installing Blockmarket Desktop: https://github.com/syscoin/blockmarket-desktop-public/releases/tag/1.2

Thanks for the help. I just downloaded it and it's a very nice and intuitive design. Very quick process too.  I am very glad to see you are bringing it to the web, though. When is the projected date for that?

Our goal is definitely to make Blockmarket as visually appealing and intuitive as possible, were not there yet but doing our best and we have much more coming up with regards to UI experience. As mentioned one of those upcoming enhancements is Blockmarket Web, we don't have a firm date yet and it is dependent on the Syscoin 2.0 release and the Syscoin API 2.0 release. We will communicate dates as soon as they are confirmed.

Thank you! Your comments are much appreciated.

Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 05:20:17 PM

I'm interested in BlockMarket. What currencies does it support other than syscoin and how are the fees regarding each of the currencies? What is the advantage of using syscoin?
celestio

Activity: 770
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 07:17:09 PM

From my understanding, you are making the API available to individual developers. How can individual developers get involved and help support syscoin?

"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime" - Satoshi Nakamoto, June 17, 2010
stokesey

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 08:40:38 PM

New Blockmarket user reporting in. This product is amazing! Just a bit of feedback on the UI:

* Initial sync is a bit unclear - didn't see progress bar for a little while, wasn't clear what I needed to do
* Purchased coins during initial sync but my balance didn't appear until after restart (even after sync completed)
* Sometimes it's not clear if there are zero offers in a category, or if the offers are loading

Are the offers and all revisions and communications stored on the blockchain? That blockchain might get a little bit bloated.

This product is a working decentralized marketplace - this is a HUGE innovation! Yes, I know about OpenBazaar but that's super buggy and SLOW.

Hey that's great thank you so much for testing it out and providing us with your feedback.

-For your first point, that is being worked on so that it is more evident it is syncing, this has been one of the most brought up issues and we certainly will make it right. Keep in mind though, our next version Blockmarket Web will allow you login without the need of software and will not require syncing as the nodes will all already be synced.

-Do you mind creating an issue in Github for this? It is very easy to create an account in github and providing step-by-step instructions will allow us to target the issue https://github.com/syscoin/blockmarket-desktop-public/issues

-This also sounds like a syncing issue, if you can open an issue in Github as well it would be appreciated.

Thanks again for your assistance in helping us make decentralization history Smiley

Done, Issue #319. I can do some tests if there is a bugfix for this.
coinmenace

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

Everything you want, is everything you need.

View Profile
February 02, 2018, 10:52:28 PM

Certainly, we have our goals written in the following image, and reviewing it again myself, looks like we are going to have to update it very soon Wink

Good progress for Syscoin. Keep those features for 2018 being checked. Syscoin could be once of those crypto coins to watch our and that will surprise you for 2018.
Crypto_Man1212

Activity: 588
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:56:40 PM

Certainly, we have our goals written in the following image, and reviewing it again myself, looks like we are going to have to update it very soon Wink

Good progress for Syscoin. Keep those features for 2018 being checked. Syscoin could be once of those crypto coins to watch our and that will surprise you for 2018.

I'm very impressed with Syscoins progress as well. Not to mention, they are now working full time on the project so we are going to see an even bigger improvement. I was just reading an article the other day about comparisons between successful related businesses and their amount of startup funding. Apparently Syscoin has almost 7x the funding Shopify had at startup and look at how well they are doing now. I'm pretty excited for the future of this project.  Grin
deeltje

Activity: 486

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:47:44 PM

Our goal is definitely to make Blockmarket as visually appealing and intuitive as possible, were not there yet but doing our best and we have much more coming up with regards to UI experience. As mentioned one of those upcoming enhancements is Blockmarket Web, we don't have a firm date yet and it is dependent on the Syscoin 2.0 release and the Syscoin API 2.0 release. We will communicate dates as soon as they are confirmed.

Thank you! Your comments are much appreciated.

Absolutely, but you have to start somewhere and I really like it so far. I appreciate you taking the time to answer that and I'm looking forward to the Syscoin 2.0 release and the new UI updates.
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 06:54:31 PM

Syscoin development is so fast that i have no time to collect more fiat to buy more SYS!  Cheesy You are amazing guys! I think that about you and about this investment, I will relate my grandchildren on a private island!

███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
GoBelle

Activity: 512

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 08:23:12 PM

Do you have any potential features that you've discussed that could make it into a future version?

Thanks for the reply! I'm happy to see so much progress being made even this early in the year. I am particularly excited for the mobile platform.

I've never seen a feature checklist like this. This truly beats the pants off of a road map. There's so many potential features, and you guys have come so far already. It must have taken a week or more just to come up with all of this.
theskillzdatklls

Activity: 1328
Merit: 563

MintDice.com | TG: t.me/MintDice

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:26:42 AM

why are the masternode boxes checked if they aren't live yet? is there a planned release date?

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄████████▀▀▀▀███▄
███████▀     ████
███████   ███████
█████        ████
███████   ███████
▀██████   ██████▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██    ▄▄▄▄▄ ▀  ██
██   █▀   ▀█   ██
██   █▄   ▄█   ██
██    ▀▀▀▀▀    ██
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀
  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
█▄▄      ████████▄
 █████▄▄████████▌
▀██████████████▌
  █████████████
  ▀██████████▀
   ▄▄██████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

██  ██
  ███████████▄
    ██      ▀█
    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
    ██▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
    ██      ▄█
  ███████████▀
    ██  ██

▄
       ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀      ▄
      ▀█▀  ▀   ▄  ▄█▄ ▀█▀
███▄▄▄        ▀█▀  ▀     ▄▄▄███       ▐█▄    ▄█▌   ▐█▌   █▄    ▐█▌   ████████   █████▄     ██    ▄█████▄▄   ▐█████▌
████████▄▄           ▄▄████████       ▐███▄▄███▌   ▐█▌   ███▄  ▐█▌      ██      █▌  ▀██    ██   ▄██▀   ▀▀   ▐█
███████████▄       ▄███████████       ▐█▌▀██▀▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██▀██▄▐█▌      ██      █▌   ▐█▌   ██   ██          ▐█████▌
 ████████████     ████████████        ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██  ▀███▌      ██      █▌  ▄██    ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄   ▐█
  ████████████   ████████████         ▐█▌    ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ██    ▀█▌      ██      █████▀     ██    ▀█████▀▀   ▐█████▌
   ▀███████████ ███████████▀
     ▀███████████████████▀
        ▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀
FIND OUT MORE AT MINTDICE.COM
Virtuoso
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:13:14 AM

I´m very excitet to see where syscoin will go in 2018. If the new platform will be userfriendly, then this can be one of the biggest projects in the whole crypto world. We will see where this will go.
bitgov

Activity: 1554
Merit: 260

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 04:18:27 PM

why are the masternode boxes checked if they aren't live yet? is there a planned release date?

Some time ago someone wrote that they should be launched on February 28, but I'm not sure. Can anyone confirm this?

██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████

████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████████████████
████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄██
███████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀█████
████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄██████████████████
██████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀█████████████████
████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
earthcoin

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 05:21:58 PM

It's likely because they are still testing. Because it's done doesn't mean it is ready to be released. I'm curious on the release date too, though.

A (real) Grass Roots Revolution :: http://www.GetEarthCoin.com >> Get Involved!
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:53:13 PM

When you use Blockmarket, will there be a percentage taken out to use the marketplace for sellers?
Sword555

Activity: 619
Merit: 251

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 07:37:30 PM

When you use Blockmarket, will there be a percentage taken out to use the marketplace for sellers?

Oh duh, I just read about the fees. Sorry for the redundant question!
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: