Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:39:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining  (Read 348315 times)
mentaldepth

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 10, 2016, 04:28:14 PM

What put on a waiting list to sign up to the website? should specify that will happen, thought I could test out the beta.. wasted my time.

☣Mental☣
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ApexEvo

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:54:01 AM

is steemit rewarding people for publishing articles on their site?

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

chryspano
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 12:16:06 PM

is steemit rewarding people for publishing articles on their site?

If you publish your article on steemit you will get much more attention and reward, you can ofcource post links with short descriptions from external sources with good articles but what really is in demand right now is original content I think.
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 02:11:30 PM

guys am I able to copy steemit to replace my current forum? Would I have to make a bnew coin too?

I wont stop using steemit this will always be the best but can I use it?

To peel or not to peel.
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 03:08:47 PM

Steemit how-to's
https://steemit.com/steem/@ash/steemit-how-to-s-by-ash-the-list-cw-27

dan_and_shan

Activity: 432
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 03:20:45 PM

Hey, no more self-moderated thread, now you can't delete my post:

I guess you'll probably lock this thread in the not too distant future and move on to the fourth or fifth thread for this, right? Gotta keep the information spread out and difficult to cobble together how you launched this "currency" I guess. Maybe you should try changing the name too, I hear that's a common tactic of worthless penny stocks and crypto snake oil to lure in more sucker...err...investors.

Yeah, that's the first thing I look for too in a Larimer thread.  "Is it moderated?"  I guess junior isn't as savvy as Pop Larimer when it comes to pulling the wool over peoples' eyes.

I love how the Larimer Gang launched their new scam.  It's hilarious.  First they attempted to dominate the mining and then when they didn't due to "technical difficulties", they invalidated all the previous miners' rewards and relaunched it so they could have a second try at it and they succeeded that time.  What type of a messed up joke is that?  To those of you who were around when the Larimer Gang first entered the crypto scene with Protoshares, you'll remember the Larimers did a similar trick then too.  I mined Protoshares from the first few blocks on the chain.  There were numerous complaints on the PTS/BTS forum about people having connection issues and having their miners getting booted off the network.  All the while, the Larimer Gang was happily mining away and denying that there were any issues.  To this day Stan Larimer (aka Daddy Larimer, aka The Ringleader) claims this isn't true, but anyone around back then knows it to be fact that the Larimer Gang and their Chinese Communist associates were mining the heck out of PTS.

Now, they have this Steem garbage, which is a blatant ripoff of Synereo.  The Larimers don't have an original idea in their body and can only poorly mimic others' creative concepts to hopefully scam a few suckers into giving them their money.  Just like they ripped off NXT's PoS algo and poorly implemented it as DPoS in Bitshares, they are now doing the exact same thing with Synereo.  Heck, they even chose a name that is very similar to Synereo, "Steem".  I'm sure they're hoping that people get confused, because they both start with a "S" and purchase their poorly implemented scam.

Pathetic how this project has been launched and relaunched, with like 4 ANNs to spread out the bullshit. BTS at an alltime low, funding is dried up, so they launch this shitcoin with false info shown in the ANN (no premine/instamine, really?) and dump on anyone who tries to buy it on exchanges.

Also how can anyone call a website/service decentralized which pays out from the stakes of the 80% instamine/premine?

can anyone verify 80% instamine?

Don't take life too serious, No one gets out alive Wink
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 03:39:06 PM

well my buy ordersa have been cancelled until the premine thing sorted out  Tongue

To peel or not to peel.
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 04:16:44 PM

I don't know if this has been linked already but you definetly must watch this.

https://steemit.com/blocktalk/@blocktalk/blocktalk-steemit-s-ned-and-dan
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 04:27:58 PM

Does someone have a link that points to this controversy?

Thanks
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 05:03:07 PM

Does someone have a link that points to this controversy?

Thanks

I don't know anything about any kind of.... "controversy"

All I know is that there was an [ANN] thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410943.0 and that the devs managed to fairly mine 80%
We have secured ~80% of the initial STEEM via mining.  Our plan is to keep 20%, sell 20% to raise money, and give away 40% to attract users / referrers.

If you are honest and serious about your question then please read this as many times as nesecery to fully understand it(I can't stress enough how important this is!), http://bytemaster.github.io/article/2016/03/27/How-to-Launch-a-Crypto-Currency-Legally-while-Raising-Funds/ Actually I believe that you should read the linked blog/article no matter what.

dannote

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 05:16:19 PM

At initial launch, steem wasn't easy to mine, because it required decent coding skills to compile it and configure miners properly. Still a number of people besides steemit guys were able to successfully mine it during the first week. I was able to get my miner going without assistance on the first day of mining, but it probably helped that I'm familiar with the graphene code base used by steem (my company wrote the p2p layer for graphene).

It wasn't an instamine, but someone (maybe smooth?) referred to it as a "ninja-mine", because it required skill to mine, wasn't subject to easy mining by bots (you have to give the miners private keys, so a botnet miner would have had to risk his private keys), and the devs threw a lot of computing power from aws servers to pick up a big stake (I would estimate upwards of 5K worth). Despite all this, I, smooth, steemed, nextgencrypto, and several others were able to accumulate a decent size stake.

There was a lot of FUD generated during the launch that scared away a lot of potential miners. Most of the FUD was from steemed, IIRC (can't remember what handle he was using here on bitcointalk), who was continuing to mine the whole time he was attacking the coin publicly. I don't have the thread handy, but if you find it, bear in mind that most of the FUD posts were put up by a guy who was actively mining the whole time while trying to discourage as many people as possible from doing so. He finally admits to it late in the thread. Naturally, this didn't deter the devs from mining, so it worked out in their favor.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 05:53:59 PM

Wow I am not touching a currency where the devs own 80% it will crash through the floor just look at vox.
I'm out.

To peel or not to peel.
TheRedDevil

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

<DM to add>

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2016, 06:09:21 PM

Whoah.. Does Steemit creators own 80%? Any relevant articles that point to that?

I just started using steemit and thought the concept was really really cool. I had a thought of buying into steem and accidently came to this thread. Will wait for things to be sorted out then.

<DM to add>
dannote

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 06:53:49 PM

I'm not sure what percentage they own, but they can only withdraw it over 2 years, so there is no way for them to dump it all.
gravitate
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 07:23:46 PM

Whoah.. Does Steemit creators own 80%? Any relevant articles that point to that?

I just started using steemit and thought the concept was really really cool. I had a thought of buying into steem and accidently came to this thread. Will wait for things to be sorted out then.

Yeah I was here buying like crazy then read this. Now I'm dumping like crazy. Roger ver is making a similar coin in the future I will wait for that. 80 % to me screams out bad investment. Really really really really disappointed Sad this was a game changer but then

To peel or not to peel.
dannote

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:37:20 PM

Yeah I was here buying like crazy then read this. Now I'm dumping like crazy.
Lol, that's pretty funny. If you're "dumping like crazy" into a super fast rising market, why is the price going up the whole time? I'd be very interested to hear just what your huge stake is...
Dan Yur

Activity: 1064
Merit: 551

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 08:39:39 PM

Lol, that's pretty funny. If you're "dumping like crazy" into a super fast rising market, why is the price going up the whole time? I'd be very interested to hear just what your huge stake is...

Do not you think such a strange sharp growth? This artificial bubble will soon explode and your ass too  Grin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
chryspano
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 09:02:14 PM

Do not you think such a strange sharp growth?

I don't...

http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/steemit.com

There are 60 new "threads" in the last hour https://steemit.com/created/
More stats here https://steemle.com/charts.php
albert11

Activity: 679
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 10:13:02 PM

How can  Steemit's posts, comments and votes be immutable when owner can just turn server down and site/data is gone?

████████████████████
           ██████████████████████
          ████                ████
         ████   █████   ████   ████
        ████   ███████ ██████   ████
       ████   ████ ████   ████   ████
      ████   ████   ████   ████   ████
     ████   ████  ██ ████   ████ 
    ████   ████   ██  ████
    ████   ████   ███  ████
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███
    ████   ████   ███    ███
     ████   ████   ████ ████ ████
      ████   ████   ████ ██ ████  ████
       ████   ████   ████ ████   ████
        ████   ██████ ██████    ████
         ████   ████   ████    ████
          ████                ████
           ██████████████████████
            ████████████████████
I N D X
dannote

View Profile
July 11, 2016, 10:16:28 PM

How can  Steemit's posts, comments and votes be immutable when owner can just turn server down and site/data is gone?
Because all that data is stored on a separate blockchain run by many people. The web server is just displaying data from the blockchain. Actually, anyone can run a website that displays data from the blockchain. Here's one example that does it now:

https:/steemd.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: