Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:15:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit.com: Blogging is the new Mining  (Read 348420 times)
truerue

Activity: 156
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:13:03 PM

You understand the concept like a guy that went to the bank in order to payout his tight money earlier...

300M $ Market cap isn't early stage for altcoin. Even such great altcoin like this.

You still should play the game as it is supposed to be played. You are just greedy and want to bypass them.
I guess there are more offers like this to come and I always have to cry if I read them...

Since owner key can be changed at steem, change of account owner is allowed by the game.
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:14:12 PM

Powering down is "all or nothing"? I.e. you can`t turn a part of Steem Power back to Steem, only all of it?

10 percent is just a correction, but 50 - people losing trust forever

...Sorry that reply to a higher message

I don't think so..Look at ETH was as $20 and now at  $10. At one point it was under a dollar like steem.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:14:17 PM

Can someone tell me some info about SBD (Steem Dollars)? is there any ANN topic? buy/sell orders are thin... very interesting.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:14:23 PM

You understand the concept like a guy that went to the bank in order to payout his tight money earlier...

300M $ Market cap isn't early stage for altcoin. Even such great altcoin like this.

You still should play the game as it is supposed to be played. You are just greedy and want to bypass them.
I guess there are more offers like this to come and I always have to cry if I read them...

edit: please read about fixed deposits in banks...

From what I read on the site through steem power can't be converted for over two years?

yes, thats similar to fixed deposits with higher interest on banks...
And noone would say, "hey, I sell you my bank account", but they say "hey, I sell you my steem account"
You can get steem over the next 2 years or use it to power up your votes.
I have the private key of it, but anyway... you can change it...
Alao

Activity: 493
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:17:29 PM

From what I read on the site through steem power can't be converted for over two years?

And noone would say, "hey, I sell you my bank account", but they say "hey, I sell you my steem account"

Oh so it is a true investment with interest got you.

§: 8Q7zvaH955cCbqu2nCvpPcTvczGfe9psxE
§1 = 1MWh
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:18:58 PM

Since owner key can be changed at steem, change of account owner is allowed by the game.

You just don't sell accounts. That's not a normal use case. You don't sell facebook accounts or bitcointalk accounts, or battlenet accounts or anything else. You can do that but you just don't! Understand? Its an account not an asset!
truerue

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:21:08 PM

Can someone tell me some info about SBD (Steem Dollars)? is there any ANN topic? buy/sell orders are thin... very interesting.
https://steemit.com/steem/@dantheman/introduction-to-steem-dollars-sbd
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:21:32 PM

Oh so it is a true investment with interest got you.

its an long term investment. There is no interest, but ROI. And this ROI is long term. That's how it was designed.
johnnywoo2015

Activity: 824
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:24:20 PM

https://steemit.com/steem/@dantheman/introduction-to-steem-dollars-sbd
Thanks  Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
truerue

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:24:30 PM

You just don't sell accounts. That's not a normal use case. You don't sell facebook accounts or bitcointalk accounts, or battlenet accounts or anything else. You can do that but you just don't! Understand? Its an account not an asset!

It's ok to sell account with some asset linked to it or some valuable items on it. Like selling Steam account with games. Some bitcointalk users selling their accounts here.
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:27:54 PM

It's ok to sell account with some asset linked to it or some valuable items on it. Like selling Steam account with games. Some bitcointalk users selling their accounts here.

Its NOT ok. It may be barely TOLERATED, but not like normal. Only shameless people do it...
I really want to emphasize that!
gravitate
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:28:45 PM

Its NOT ok. It may be barely TOLERATED, but not like normal. Only shameless people do it...
I really want to emphasize that!

I might buy it lol.

To peel or not to peel.
truerue

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:29:54 PM

Cryptocurrency isn't working like bank, selling bank account is under the law i guess or at least against contract, but in crypto world allowed everything that allowed by code.
lordoliver
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 03:32:05 PM

Cryptocurrency isn't working like bank, selling bank account is under the law i guess or at least against contract, but in crypto world allowed everything that allowed by code.

Yes, I am really afraid, that crypto will destroy any kind of decency...
ashleybr

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:03:27 PM

Hey everyone.. I just had the worst day of my life, I'm currently on an airport in Bangkok, Thailand and I'm basically stranded here.. my visa is about to epire and I missed my flight home , now I don't know what to do  Huh
anyways I just found out about steemit through their instagram and thought why not try my luck. I have nothing else to do anyway.

If you want to read my story, check it out

https://steemit.com/travel/@ashleybr/test
Macno
Legendary

Activity: 984

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 04:09:44 PM

Powering down is "all or nothing"? I.e. you can`t turn a part of Steem Power back to Steem, only all of it?

It the cli you can. In the web GUI you can't.

In the GUI, even though it starts powering down all your SP, only 1/104 is powered down per week in practice. So you can stop it after a few weeks.

While the process is ongoing, the portion that isn't powered down yet is unaffected (still counts toward voting power, still earns more Steem, etc.)

Thanks again! I really like the system so far, though I don`t understand everything yet. I keep upvoting stuff but my Steem Power keeps increasing. Am I not supposed to pay the guys something when I upvote them? I would like to upvote you as well  Cheesy
Anyway, reading the whitepaper now...

Found the answer to my question on page 40:

"Steem bypasses micropayments completely because when a user upvotes a post it is the
community that pays the bill. The same amount of money will be spent whether the user
upvotes a post or not and the funds will not come from the voter."
Dan Yur

Activity: 1064
Merit: 551

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 05:25:02 PM

Hey everyone.. I just had the worst day of my life, I'm currently on an airport in Bangkok, Thailand and I'm basically stranded here.. my visa is about to epire and I missed my flight home , now I don't know what to do  Huh
anyways I just found out about steemit through their instagram and thought why not try my luck. I have nothing else to do anyway.

If you want to read my story, check it out

https://steemit.com/travel/@ashleybr/test

Go into the street, "red light district" there and earn
favdesu
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 05:52:11 PM

you probably read on the whitepaper that you power down over 104 weeks, with weekly payout.

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1117

View Profile
July 13, 2016, 06:34:04 PM

Account registered by another account requires 10x account creation fee worth of Steem Power before it can power down.

what does this mean?

rtfm. no, i wont.
bytemaster (OP)

Activity: 770
Merit: 566

fractally

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2016, 06:42:46 PM

Account registered by another account requires 10x account creation fee worth of Steem Power before it can power down.

what does this mean?

rtfm. no, i wont.

It means you cannot create an account and then cashout.  You must create an account and then use it to earn 10x the account creation fee.  Account creation fee is 5 STEEM now and is constantly falling. 

So you can either wait or earn. 

https://fractally.com - the next generation of decentralized autonomous organizations (DAOs).
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: