Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 03:32:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ANC] Anoncoin (anoncoin.net) | Privacy-centric currency | I2P darknet  (Read 40504 times)
ysell

Activity: 73
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2017, 11:20:06 PM

Cryptoslave could you let people know where they can find out what's going on with Anoncoin, not just the incremental deliverables on the development Wiki https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Anoncoin_development_team, but who's doing what at any time. For Anoncoin enthusiasts like me who want to know what's going on and the technical challenges that are happening. I don't expect a run through every task that developers are working on, but a birds eye view of the sub processes occuring would be newsworthy. Is all the discussion happening on i2p?
HPt

Activity: 70
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 13, 2017, 07:42:08 PM

Hi,
I just want to remark that, despite ZCash, there still might be a gap in the market of privacy oriented crypto currencies that potentially could be filled by AnonCoin, if it came off with a Zerocoin implementation similar to ZCash. In ZCash, z-addresses are not obligatory and, worse, their use is more expensive than the ues of t-addresses. It might turn out that this circumstance will limit the anonymity of ZCash in practice. If anoncoin would only allow z-addresses it would have an advantage privacy-wise compared to ZCash.

http://www.coindesk.com/hardly-anyone-is-using-zcashs-anonymity-features-but-we-couldnt-tell-if-they-were/
".. shielded address hold only a small percentage, roughly 0.8%, of Zcash value right now"
ysell

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 08:11:52 PM

Looks like ANC is slowly facing it's death...
You could be right API. Cryptoslave are you around to deny  this. I was going to write some more articles and videos,  but if the cryptocurrency is not going anywhere I'll save my time. Is Meeh discussing further developments with you? Or was the last edit a one off?
logictense

Activity: 2147
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2017, 09:20:53 PM

Does ANC utilize ring signatures or any other techniques for obfuscating the transactions?

ysell

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:47:42 PM

Does ANC utilize ring signatures or any other techniques for obfuscating the transactions?
Gnosis was in the process of implementing Zerocoin within Anoncoin. This would obfuscate transactions on the protocol level. I don't know if he's still working on this or not? At the moment it has great potential, but I'm starting to think it's a coin that will die unless it sorts it's business model out to get more active developers on the books.
JerryWinski

Activity: 110

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 09:48:35 PM

Nope, it was born before ring signatures. It only uses Tor.

This would be a good candidate for zcash anonimity.. Since it is.. anon coin after all..
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
January 17, 2017, 11:12:18 PM

sad they let it fold like this... was the first of it's kind. They dropped the ball and had no real devs that could compete.

Good name, good idea. Not enough strong coders/designers here.

ysell

View Profile
January 18, 2017, 07:52:25 AM
Last edit: January 18, 2017, 01:22:35 PM by ysell

Nope, it was born before ring signatures. It only uses Tor.Incorrect

This would be a good candidate for zcash anonimity.. Since it is.. anon coin after all..Completely incorrect

If I see this coin surviving I will write an article comparing zcash with zcoin. Just to summarise, not even the scientists that created zcash believe it is a secure enough implementation of privacy based cryptocurrency. I've got videos of the academics saying so. Zcash website quotes these academics as being involved with the coin. Truthfully, they are only involved through inception (involvement in the white paper)  not development as the multi party initial parameters is condemned by them  as being an insecure implementation. Anoncoin is the only true bitcoin based private cryptocurrency with i2p and Zerocoin possibly on it's way. Sad to see it fall into the history books. This is the only cryptocurrency I was genuinely excited about.
Cryptoslave (OP)

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 19, 2017, 11:00:53 PM

Cryptoslave could you let people know where they can find out what's going on with Anoncoin, not just the incremental deliverables on the development Wiki https://wiki.anoncoin.net/Anoncoin_development_team, but who's doing what at any time. For Anoncoin enthusiasts like me who want to know what's going on and the technical challenges that are happening. I don't expect a run through every task that developers are working on, but a birds eye view of the sub processes occuring would be newsworthy. Is all the discussion happening on i2p?

Sorry for long time no news,

Yes you can check #anoncoin, #anoncoin-dev and #anci2pd on IRC2P, that is where dev team is.

Yep Meeh stepped back in as the lead dev, he did some commits (https://github.com/Anoncoin/anoncoin/commit/b0106dbc6ce59caebe23c98419a31aa632426321) recently and will do more regarding for instance merged mining with LTC. Indeed the halving occured two weeks ago and now a block reward is 1.25 ANC per 3 min, leaving very few ANC to get mined! Thus to increase overall hashrate merge mining is discussed by meeh to be implemented, we are deciding what to do about this point with Meeh, K1773R, orignal,... and the community if people want to! 

BTC38 does not answer to any request regarding allowing deposit back though, so we are promoting competent trading exchanges namely exchanged.i2p and novaexchange.

CS

ysell

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 07:07:55 AM

Phew.  Smiley Thank you for the detailed answer. Glad to hear that some great developers are back.

It's great that you're concentrating on the technology rather than solely on adoption through BTC38. Adoption will come as Anoncoin completes it's zerocoin implementation. People will be rushing to Novaexchange & exchanged.i2p if these are the main places to exchange Anoncoin. This will inevitably broaden exchanged.i2p market scope if they are turning over most Anoncoin compared to exchanges like BTC38.  Exposure to better exchanges like exchanged.i2p will become more evident later. This all depends on Anoncoin's success in implementing Zerocoin,  but with developers returning to support this coin I am confident this will happen.

I'm going to move over to irc2p on the i2p network to get the latest tech info, rather than asking you to repeat it here. Thanks for the update.  Grin
ysell

View Profile
January 20, 2017, 08:27:18 AM

Hm!

Some activity there was 14 days ago is in Github... Meeh himself made some minimal changes... ä
If we could just get him back on the train.

I agree that changes to the software is irregular on Github, but if you look at the development change log Wiki,  they're quite big deliverables that need to be implemented. I2p integration with Anoncoin was a massive release in December. It would be great to see faster development, but that will only happen if more incentive is given to new developers out there, as I mentioned on a previous post. Developers are working, but efforts won't be evident unless you log onto i2p. To see the micro level tasks, log onto i2p and start using the irc2p to see what the likes of Meeh et al are up to, or to speak with them directly.
ysell

View Profile
February 15, 2017, 07:52:23 AM

Cryptoslave is there any chance you could update this forum with latest developments or guide non i2p users on the small actions /tasks that are being carried out on a regular basis. If general public sees what's happening it will gauge more interest in the coin. Even a twitter account to follow or something else where it shows life in development. I appreciate that i2p is where you need to go for the day to day stuff, but If someone were to look at the forum they'd think that no development or interest exists. This may spur others to join as members and push this coin to new highs if they see how hard you guys are working on this. Thanks
ToxicDartFrog

Activity: 196
Merit: 104

View Profile
March 13, 2017, 05:13:54 PM

I've been away from this coin for a while (don't think I've synced since the hardfork) and am trying to get my wallet up to date. I backed up my wallet.dat and installed the new ANC client but it kept crashing on start so reinstalled after deleting my roaming/anoncoin folder. It's working now but I can't seem to connect with the network. Anyone know of some nodes to add? Should I be going the I2P route instead? (I'd like to learn but for now I'm fine with clearnet just to get my wallet available again)

Also as a side note the anoncoin.net site keeps giving me a certificate expired error. The site is up but my browser doesn't like this!

Thanks
ysell

View Profile
March 20, 2017, 03:39:10 PM

They desperately need to change the business model to encourage development in the privacy coin. At this point in time it would be great to either hardfork Anoncoin or developers reach out for others to take the lead. Alternatively if core developers were to build into the code some element of earning potential for development of this coin it may still  have a fighting chance. That's why any coin that pays out during infancy, but doesn't plan for long term incentives is doomed for failure. A group funded task could pay developers to release new functions. The community could bid on what project deserves the most incentive. This works well for Dash. It would be great to hear from the guys that built this coin. Really disappointed by the silence from these guys. It's getting to the point of no return
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 06:12:51 AM

business model
-be about ANON
-let the others find *the perfect coderz*
 -ANON builds a circle around them

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
ysell

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:42:37 PM

business model
-be about ANON
-let the others find *the perfect coderz*
 -ANON builds a circle around them
Can you explain what you mean. I can't make any sense from this?
ysell

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 03:29:57 PM

Cryptoslave, Meeh et al, could you please confirm or deny that you have decided to dump this coin. If it is still alive, could you please let us know how we find out about activities as it seems there are none at the moment. Would you be considering posting activity updates via twitter?
DanDan

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 03:37:45 PM

Cryptoslave, Meeh et al, could you please confirm or deny that you have decided to dump this coin. If it is still alive, could you please let us know how we find out about activities as it seems there are none at the moment. Would you be considering posting activity updates via twitter?

Just a few posts up he gives the places you can catch the dev team. If they're not reachable there then it would be safe to assume your backing a losing side. Twitter updates will be nice and easy to follow but if they're not updating the places they said they was then it looks like pissing in the wind backing these guys.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄             
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █   
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀               
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
huxdy

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 12:49:11 PM

I like this coin Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Instamined

Activity: 70

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 06:03:10 PM

Perhaps this coin will rebound. Anoncoin isn't dead, just sleeping.

Anons are silently filling bags waiting on the 3.1 mil cap to be mined out before making their move Wink .

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: