Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 11:18:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  
Author Topic: panic selling  (Read 111153 times)
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:20:29 PM

Panic sell and Panic buy are things that belong to newbies in crypto. Best strategy was to hold 50% and 50% in top 10 Alts.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:14:45 AM

If a huge amount of people sells their bitcoin due to panic caused by the news or rumours, it's possible that the price of bitcoin will drop down, depending if the amount of bitcoin they've sell will be significant enough to make a huge impact with the current prices.
Now that the price are climbing I think it will create a big panic when there will be a hard dump.
I like to see how much it will dip as for sure I will not pass this opportunity to buy, just hold more because the price has no plan of stopping the rise.
This was bound to happen, people get very optimistic when the price is going up but people tend to get very pessimistic when things are not going right, it is obvious the pumpers are taking into account this reaction, not only they earn money when bitcoin rises they also earn money when bitcoin goes down.
Most of the time it's the novice investors who starts to sell their bitcoin whenever there is bad news looming and the price starts to drop, had they been in the bitcoins for some time now, they would have known that irrespective of the situation, bitcoins always seemingly rises up again.
I have seen many people making that mistake and not only newbies, some people begin to see that the price of bitcoin goes down and then they sell thinking they are going to be able to buy cheaper in the future only to find out that the price of bitcoin has gone up.
migolmigol

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 03:28:05 AM

Yes it will. And I see it like a snowball effect. The number of investors or Bitcoin holders who will sell their Bitcoins will increase as the price of Bitcoin continues to drop. This is because of the demand is associated with the price. They have parallel relationships. This is also a reason why Bitcoin may be like a bubble that will burst. A panic selling event that will drive everyone crazy until almost everyone sells their Bitcoins and the price will go back to where it started and may have the possibility of not to comeback.

Maslate

Activity: 3010
Merit: 686

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 05:36:01 AM

I saw panic selling today as people transfer their money to BCH, there is a FUD everywhere so we have to be careful.
Yesterday the price was over $19,000 and it has dropped to $16,000 now as of this writing, I hope this will recover so the weak hands will regret.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Activitycoin

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:44:51 PM

If a huge amount of people sells their bitcoin due to panic caused by the news or rumours, it's possible that the price of bitcoin will drop down, depending if the amount of bitcoin they've sell will be significant enough to make a huge impact with the current prices.
Now that the price are climbing I think it will create a big panic when there will be a hard dump.
I like to see how much it will dip as for sure I will not pass this opportunity to buy, just hold more because the price has no plan of stopping the rise.
This was bound to happen, people get very optimistic when the price is going up but people tend to get very pessimistic when things are not going right, it is obvious the pumpers are taking into account this reaction, not only they earn money when bitcoin rises they also earn money when bitcoin goes down.
Here I will tell you about one of my friend few months before he sell his bitcoins with low price by mistake because on that day he did not check the price of bitcoin and that why he lose a lot of money so bitcoin price matter here no need to make panic in selling always play here carefully your small mistake can put you in problem and know he is very carefully I also check the price of bitcoin every day and I don’t believe on panic.
richkellj

Activity: 756

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:08:13 AM

I definitely agree that people of bitcoin are very optimistic when price goes up while are very pessimistic when things aren't going well. Well it's part of the game when you are involved in investing in something. We cannot always assure that its price will always gets up. Besides, while it is dumping, it is the perfect time to buy more so that when it is the best time for you to sell bitcoin, you have a lot for sale.
Yes! This is the usual response of the newcomers to bitcoin community but those who are old traders or bitcoiners, they never ever panic when the bitcoin is going through dumps because they treat it as an opportunity of grabbing more and more bitcoin for long term holding.

Those who are old investors they are very much used to these unfortunate and unpredicted dumps and stay hell calm during these hard times.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 11:17:21 AM

I saw panic selling today as people transfer their money to BCH, there is a FUD everywhere so we have to be careful.
Yesterday the price was over $19,000 and it has dropped to $16,000 now as of this writing, I hope this will recover so the weak hands will regret.
I'm sure the drop is not because of the panic seller but its just a normal healthy correction. There is nothing to worry.

About panic seller personally, I think its newcomer trader that didn't have enough of experience, they lack of patience. I believe there is a chance when Bitcoin does a big correction after the recent price surges, there will be a lot of panic seller that makes the drop deeper.
andrei56

Activity: 840
Merit: 254

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:06:53 AM

Panic sell is big loss for the ones who own lots of bitcoin or other currency, it's much logical to sell little by little with sell walls. Instead of dumping the market and selling half of the coins for half price, also crashing the market..
What it happens is that people do not have a strategy when it comes to their bitcoin, having lots of money does not mean that you know how to manage it, selling for a price lower than the one you bought is a terrible mistake, it is better to hold, even if you have to do it for years since losing time is better than to lose money.
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:11:03 AM

Panic sell is big loss for the ones who own lots of bitcoin or other currency, it's much logical to sell little by little with sell walls. Instead of dumping the market and selling half of the coins for half price, also crashing the market..
What it happens is that people do not have a strategy when it comes to their bitcoin, having lots of money does not mean that you know how to manage it, selling for a price lower than the one you bought is a terrible mistake, it is better to hold, even if you have to do it for years since losing time is better than to lose money.
Sometimes you need to sacrifice in order for you to bounce back, those who understand how trading works are able to justified there decisions not because you sell your holdings to a much lower value means that you won't be able to recover sometimes buying back is also another set of strategy to gain back and start to earn again.
Saidmod

Activity: 659
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 11:53:47 AM

Sometimes you need to sacrifice in order for you to bounce back, those who understand how trading works are able to justified there decisions not because you sell your holdings to a much lower value means that you won't be able to recover sometimes buying back is also another set of strategy to gain back and start to earn again.

I definitely agree in this. As first move, we don't always get the highest pay. It is the life of investing. We invest at first to gain a higher profit. We don't lose hope when the first payment we get from selling is not the amount that we expect. It is a matter of strategizing and making contingency plans.

▄▄▄
        █████
        █████
         ▀▀▀
     ▄█
███████▄    ▄█████▄   ███████▄   ███   ███  ███        ▄█████▄   ███   ███   ▄█████▄
    ███ █████████  █████████  █████████  ███   ███  ███       █████████  ███   ███  █████████
    ███ ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███  ▀███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███▄
    ███ ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███   ███▄
    ███ ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███  ▄███  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███    ▀███▄
    ███ █████████  ███   ███  █████████  ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███      ▀███
    ███ ███████▀   ███   ███  ███████▀   ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███       ▀███
        ███        ███   ███  ███        ███   ███  ███       ███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
        ███        █████████  ███        █████████  ████████  █████████  █████████  █████████
        ███         ▀█████▀   ███         ▀█████▀   ████████   ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀    ▀█████▀
                                                                       WORLD

▄████▄▄   ▄
  █▄          ██████████▀▄
  ███        ███████████▀
  ▐████▄     ██████████▌
  ▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
  ▀████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
    ▄▄███████████████
     ▀█████████████▀
      ▄▄█████████▀
  ▀▀██████████▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ▄█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄
     █▀ █  ▄   ▄  █ ▀█
    █ ▀█   █   █   █▀ █
   █▀ █ ▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀ █ ▀█
   █▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄█
   █▀█▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀█▀█
   █▄ █ ▄▀█▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▄█ ▄█
    █ ▄█   █   █   █▄ █
     █▄ █  ▀   ▀  █ ▄█
      ▀█▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
            █████
          █████████
        █████████████
      █████████████████
    █████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████
    █████████████████████
      █████████████████
        █████████████
          █████████
            ████

RECEIVE    ⇩ ⇩
          9% DISCOUNT         
⇨  BUY NOW 
cheann20

Activity: 344
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:13:58 PM

What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?

Pannic selling will loss all you profit, if you invest in bitcoindont do that. Just wait and hold your bitcoin becuase bitcoinill recover soon i think in the year end bitcoin will bullish. So stay calm.
mininglegend1234

Activity: 154
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:25:43 PM

I don't think any of the experience person in trading sell their bitcoin or altcoin in the condition of panic. if you will see that the price of bitcoin is dropping rapidly then that's a sign that many are doing panic selling altogether. But it seems that the price of bitcoin is being stable and all of us who are holding bitcoins are being calm. For sure that is going to last long until Feb, I hope so that this scenario is going to be continuous.
THAHIRHAJI

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 12:26:34 PM

Panic selling it is quite normal in every investor nothing is in our hand most of the time even we wish not to panic some situation will come in front of us where we are helpless and do the panic selling. To avoid such thing I planned may be it will work I will try now onwards we should book the profit frequently so that we will avoid the panic selling.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●   DIMPAY  ●  Invest for Tomorrow. Today.   ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
❱❱❱  Facebook  ❱❱❱  Twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●  ❱❱  PRE-ICO | December, 04th 2017  ❱❱  ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
[/color]
fianaindriati

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:09:46 PM

Panic selling it is quite normal in every investor nothing is in our hand most of the time even we wish not to panic some situation will come in front of us where we are helpless and do the panic selling. To avoid such thing I planned may be it will work I will try now onwards we should book the profit frequently so that we will avoid the panic selling.

yes it is true that each person has different properties, sometimes there is news what so few direct panic, it is common.
so if we want to do something better we think carefully before, do not randomly decide a less favorable decision.
donnie.darko

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 03:12:40 PM

As for my own analogy only weak people would take losses, If you are strong enough why would you worry if the price dumps? Hold it and wait for the right time and don't sell it until you wont earn profit, as simple as that.
nagatraju

Activity: 672

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:10:49 AM

we can't allow panic to control us, we will only bear losses if we act on the influence of emotions...we need to learn from our past mistakes and mistakes of others
Gringoblin67

Activity: 104

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:12:05 AM

While what you said was true, I doubt that newbies and new entrants feel the same way especially since they are yet to learn the concept of trading.
palensya

Activity: 87

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:40:57 AM

Panic selling usually happens to the people who are new in investing bitcoin. They still do not know what to do during the the times that their investment goes down that causes them to panic.

JMD07

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:45:15 AM

As for my own analogy only weak people would take losses, If you are strong enough why would you worry if the price dumps? Hold it and wait for the right time and don't sell it until you wont earn profit, as simple as that.

Yeah I agree on you, only those small time investors are getting panic while millionaires are patiently waiting for the best time to gain much from there investment.
Whespers78

Activity: 51

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 10:59:22 AM

What if somebody will make a huge dump and sell it all the way to earn some profits because of this rally in bitcoin,and someone sees it and do that same thing. Is there any effect on bitcoin when someone to this,?

if we all sell our bitcoins it’s value will back into zero but some sell and others buy.

holders also survive bitcoin from losing
Pages: « 1 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 »
  Print  

Jump to: