Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:21:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 216 »
  Print  
Author Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake  (Read 395472 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
weryo

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 01:59:44 PM

ardor same function NXT or not
is still function open service create token coin
is NXT this now still open create token, and ardor same function in NXT or not

Ardor is a better version of NXT, with the same functionality.
You can create tokens with Ardor (in the future) and you can create tokens with NXT (now and in the future).
NXT tokens are not (automatically) moved to Ardor when it is released.
lucsky

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:30:14 PM

In times of so many scams cryptocoins, good to know that the source of the ARD passed through the sieve of Poloniex.
It is a sign that its structure is reliable.
blocks.explorer

Activity: 473
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 02:44:01 PM

You can create tokens with Ardor (in the future) and you can create tokens with NXT (now and in the future).

until when will Ardor remain a NXT asset? and you still need NXT to transfer & trade NXT using Asset Exchange.
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2016, 04:07:44 PM

until when will Ardor remain a NXT asset? and you still need NXT to transfer & trade NXT using Asset Exchange.

Until Ardor platform is launched, tentatively in Q3 2017.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 07:41:07 PM

THE REAL VALUE OF NXT 2.0

Before the announcement of NXT 2.0 (Ardor), the market had a value set on NXT at 1,000 sat. Nothing has changed, except for the announcement of a vague "child chains" project by the developers to como to fruition in an even more vague "Q3 2017... tentatively..." Nothing whatsoever... except for one rather important thing: IF and when the vague child chains come to exist, the holders of nxt/ardr WILL NOT BENEFIT AT ALL, REGARDLESS HOW SUCCESSFUL such child chains are. The developers of NXT have made sure of it by creating a private, centralized, for-profit company to which all the profits will go. To them and to them only.

Given these undeniable FACTS, what is the value of NXT 2.0 (NXT + ARDR)? it should be 500 sat since there's absolutely nothing new on the plate and wont be gor at least a year or more... but wait, before, any development in nxt would have benefitted the holders of the coin. Potentially at least. Now, FOR SURE, it will not benefit them at all. FOR SURE. NO MATTER WHAT.
Consequently the real value of the combined next and ardor is a tually a big, fat ZERO. Instead, even after the relentless dumping (and make no mistake about it, Damelon et all are ALWAYS dumping boatloads), the price is almost 7 times what it was prior to the announcement. For each 1 BTC Damelon had (on paper) now he has, unrealized, 7 BTC. And many more already realized (dumped) at a much higher multiple.

Now keep supporting this project, forging and holding the bag. Damelon et all will be very, very grateful.

Oh, and boys, congrats again on the well played scheme.
blocks.explorer

Activity: 473

View Profile
October 22, 2016, 08:02:54 PM

gonna be a long wait then. hope it turns out to be good. augur also took some time before its release.
jstern

Activity: 368
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 06:52:17 AM

Nxt Foundation member @EvilDave_NXT contributes in a @euromoney article about central banks and DigitalCurrency .
http://www.euromoney.com/Article/3595010/Celent-calls-on-central-banks-to-issue-their-own-digital-currencies.html

Good read. Though I don't like the talk of banks having their own Bitcoin.
freshman777

Activity: 406

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2016, 07:56:49 AM

gonna be a long wait then. hope it turns out to be good. augur also took some time before its release.

Not that long taking into account the goals and the rich feature set, this time includes the testing phase too. I would say it's quite fast considering how long it takes to build a new thing in this industry, to compare just look how other projects struggle to find and fix serious bugs during their first year(s). Hopefully the testing phase in the first half of 2017 will be enough time to fix most serious bugs in Ardor and user experience will not be disrupted by them when Ardor is launched live.

ARDOR - Blockchain as a Service. Three birds with one stone. /// Do not hold NXT at exchanges, NXT wallets: core+lite, mobile Android
lucsky

Activity: 74

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 03:33:24 PM

Not that long taking into account the goals and the rich feature set, this time includes the testing phase too. I would say it's quite fast considering how long it takes to build a new thing in this industry, to compare just look how other projects struggle to find and fix serious bugs during their first year(s). Hopefully the testing phase in the first half of 2017 will be enough time to fix most serious bugs in Ardor and user experience will not be disrupted by them when Ardor is launched live.

The fact is that ALL altcoins are in beta. Some are not defined well, but it does not take an expert to decipher the mystery.

Therefore, we are living the stage where we will discover who will be the real investors this amazing platform.
NakeSLam11

Activity: 83

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 05:11:41 PM

How high was ICO price?

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 06:31:19 PM

Seems like every ICO does this same thing: You buy into the ICO and try to be one of the very few who can sell immediately and make a profit. If you can't sell at the beginning, then you watch the coin get manipulated and pushed down in price to almost nothing. Whales accumulate at that lowest price, then pump the price up. The question though becomes will they pump the price up enough to where you can make a profit? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. This downward pressure with Ardor will continue for the next few months, and then maybe a profit can be made once they pump. IDK. This seems to be the pattern of all ICOs lately, and quite frankly I'm burnt out by it. If you don't need the money you put into the ICO anytime soon, then maybe it's worth it. Otherwise, if you can't afford to make at least your money back, and having to wait a long time for that to happen, then ICOs are just a waste anymore. Ardor will probably be successful, but sadly probably not for another couple of years. During that waiting period, how many other projects will come out that'll be better than Ardor? I'm still holding, but so far pretty disappointed with the price. Although I guess I shouldn't be because I just outlined what I knew would happen. Let's see if the NXT team can pull anything off with this.
ApexEvo

Activity: 280

🌟 æternity🌟 blockchain🌟

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 06:56:02 PM

How high was ICO price?

There was no ICO for ARDOR, it was distributed to all holders of NXT proportionally.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.TWITTER.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TELEGRAM

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████     
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
.SLACK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
REDDIT
f
.FACEBOOK.
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
LINKEDIN

thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 07:03:21 PM

The price just hit 1700sat, is the market reacting to Bitcoin spike or it is just a dump by whales. The project looks nice I don't understand why it is dumping now. May be if it hit NXT price I will need to accumulate more since it is a long term project
rapazev

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 07:13:07 PM

that's why the price is going down... it was like free ardr to everyone that have made some trades using nxt during this time. Remember ETC? i think it will be something like.
a big dump followed by a big pump.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
October 23, 2016, 10:19:53 PM

I think whales just accumulating  Wink  Grin
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 12:55:35 AM

well they are trading it bellow expected price and NXT is falling down and it is struggling to climb up, after this i will never touch NXT related token again all it did is loss me bitcoin.
i just don't know why ardor still falling i thought it will make some huge noise after the release and it will carry nxt but other things happen
im also losing hope for nxt because ardor didn't materialized yet so keeping it for another week or months i guess.

Keep in mind that Ardor is a coin for next year. Now it's great time to buy, so long as you're willing to hold. The same thing for NXT.
dx5

Activity: 303
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 12:59:42 AM

Seems like every ICO does this same thing: You buy into the ICO and try to be one of the very few who can sell immediately and make a profit. If you can't sell at the beginning, then you watch the coin get manipulated and pushed down in price to almost nothing. Whales accumulate at that lowest price, then pump the price up. The question though becomes will they pump the price up enough to where you can make a profit? Sometimes yes, sometimes no. This downward pressure with Ardor will continue for the next few months, and then maybe a profit can be made once they pump. IDK. This seems to be the pattern of all ICOs lately, and quite frankly I'm burnt out by it. If you don't need the money you put into the ICO anytime soon, then maybe it's worth it. Otherwise, if you can't afford to make at least your money back, and having to wait a long time for that to happen, then ICOs are just a waste anymore. Ardor will probably be successful, but sadly probably not for another couple of years. During that waiting period, how many other projects will come out that'll be better than Ardor? I'm still holding, but so far pretty disappointed with the price. Although I guess I shouldn't be because I just outlined what I knew would happen. Let's see if the NXT team can pull anything off with this.

I agree with everything you said, except that I don't really think there's going to be another coin that's going to come out that's going to be better than Ardor at what Ardor aims to do. Simply because they too will have to go through all this wait period or developing, ICO, etc.
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 08:21:42 AM

I think the problem is the goals people have who are investing. Most people are only in it for the short-term money. People don't even take the time to read what Ardor is about and what a potential big future it has. The devs aren't building it to get a high price, they are building it to make a difference in decentralized ledger technology in the future.

Ardor is completely new and you think other projects will pass Ardor in the coming years. How? Ardor has it's advantage to started a earlier and is further in development. Look at Nxt, the most stable and secure tech there is around. People who are at events and learn about Nxt now are amazed by the features which are working in the core (not by third parties) for many years now. They have been looking the other way.

Businesses and professional organizations want to use a stable and proven tech before they deploy there project upon it. That's why Nxt is so successful in partnerships with banks, governments and companies. You may not see it at the price, but that's because traders are dominating the price of the crypto world and they only look for profits and not for long term future concepts.

If you hold Ardor it can potential give you a big buck on the mid/long-term by forging (mining) multiple blockchains at once and collecting all the fees. This is never been done before. I am looking forward for it and hodling!  Smiley
PGPpfKkx

Activity: 586
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 09:04:39 AM

I agree with everything you said, except that I don't really think there's going to be another coin that's going to come out that's going to be better than Ardor at what Ardor aims to do. Simply because they too will have to go through all this wait period or developing, ICO, etc.

Given that so many of "Bitcoin 2.0" coins were based on Nxt technology and ARDR is super innovative I don't think this worry is valid.
Mento
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1006

I ♥ BitcoinTalk

View Profile
October 24, 2016, 09:50:38 AM

Given that so many of "Bitcoin 2.0" coins were based on Nxt technology and ARDR is super innovative I don't think this worry is valid.

ARDR is not subject to speculations. The real profit is possible in the very long term. But it does not lead to the desired super incomes for many traders.
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 ... 216 »
  Print  

Jump to: