Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 04:44:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 83 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CoinChoose - alternative site to show respective profitability of the alt coins  (Read 150544 times)
clint25n

Activity: 840
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 08:35:38 PM

We have been mining WDC at over 90% efficiency.
It's not a static 60% efficiency, it is based on the current network rate, which must be 400%x what it is now to achieve only 60% efficiency.

We have not had 60% efficiency since the first week of its release and everyone was mining it.

The calculation would have to be dynamic, and 40% off is way to dramatic to be a temporary adjustment.

And if this is the case, we must follow suit with other new coins that now show orphans since that their network rates are now higher.

http://dgc.p2pool.nl/stats/
http://wdc.p2pool.nl/stats/

I believe the only fair way to do this, would be to either temporarily adjust it more accurately and realistically (90%) or to code it using a dynamic calculation.
rapta

Activity: 325

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:04:47 PM

The luckycoin block reward minimum is 88 coins.  You should factor in formula for the probability of hitting a higher reward into the profitability against BTC.   
sal002 (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 11:31:17 PM

The luckycoin block reward minimum is 88 coins.  You should factor in formula for the probability of hitting a higher reward into the profitability against BTC.   

I'd prefer not to.  I'd like to show a conservative estimation for the reward and, if I am not mistaken, 88 is what you are guaranteed to get at the low end.
sal002 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 11:32:22 PM

I added an "Adjusted Profitability" column that uses the stale rate calculation presented in the other thread to show a different calculation.  Users can pick which one they want to follow Smiley
DeadEyeCool

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:39:00 PM

Thanks Sal.

Still doing more testing, but it looks like we are getting about 90% or more of estimated returns. We concluded the 60% number when the difficulty was at it's early phases. (hence a lot of variance, orphans, stales etc.)

thanks again
sal002 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2013, 11:42:57 PM

I am open as more analysis comes into play to adjust how I am universally applying this stale rate calc Smiley.  I shouldn't have halved the block reward, but I thought someone from WDC was telling me to do it Smiley
clint25n

Activity: 840

View Profile
June 06, 2013, 11:43:35 PM

Thanks Sal.

Still doing more testing, but it looks like we are getting about 90% or more of estimated returns. We concluded the 60% number when the difficulty was at it's early phases. (hence a lot of variance, orphans, stales etc.)

thanks again

Perhaps 80% would be more fair or accurate for the additional column?
And glad to see the additional data on your site.
merk5_0

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:00:04 AM

Great work. Donated like 0.012 BTC cuz am broke ¯\(°_o)/¯
Impaler

Activity: 826

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:05:04 AM

Calculate adjusted profitability by looking at the present hash rate and adjust for orphan blocks based on the block internal per the curve described earlier 5/block_interval_in_seconds.  All coins should have this adjustment including BTC which has been over target block times for some time now.

Coins running at very slow block rates would actually see their adjusted profitability increased (by a tiny amount) by this calculation and it would dynamically adjust as block rates change.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
sal002 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 12:09:58 AM

Calculate adjusted profitability by looking at the present hash rate and adjust for orphan blocks based on the block internal per the curve described earlier 5/block_interval_in_seconds.  All coins should have this adjustment including BTC which has been over target block times for some time now.

Coins running at very slow block rates would actually see their adjusted profitability increased (by a tiny amount) by this calculation and it would dynamically adjust as block rates change.

I sort of did that on the adjusted profitability column. 
Impaler

Activity: 826

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 12:12:37 AM

How are you determining current block rates?  I assumed you were just taking the coins target block rate, the reality is usually quite different and quite dynamic, you'd need to average the last 20-30 blocks to get a good estimate.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
sal002 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 12:20:53 AM

How are you determining current block rates?  I assumed you were just taking the coins target block rate, the reality is usually quite different and quite dynamic, you'd need to average the last 20-30 blocks to get a good estimate.

That is why I said "sort of".  Working on the later Smiley
erpbridge
Legendary

Activity: 954
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 03:04:49 AM

I am open as more analysis comes into play to adjust how I am universally applying this stale rate calc Smiley.  I shouldn't have halved the block reward, but I thought someone from WDC was telling me to do it Smiley

I apologize if I seemed like I was coming across as someone from the WDC dev team... I definitely have no relation to their team. I had seen that link to the WDC forums this morning, either from a trollbox or a forum, I forget which, and was asking if we had already taken it into account, especially because it was saying that coinchoose was severely overstating values.

I have no intention of coming across as being someone from ANY dev team for ANY coin... I definitely do not know the inner workings of coins enough to be able to even consider trying to suggest improvements to a coin, much less program changes. So if for some reason you took my post as representing a member of the WDC dev team, I sincerely apologize.
sal002 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 04:16:55 AM

No worries.  anyways, adding AMC, HYC and FST. 
whitedragon

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 04:22:48 AM

IMHO block rates are not the most important factor to be worrying about in calculating true profitability.  Not saying it is irrelevant, but for me it is not the biggest issue.  Right now for me coinwarz is the best site, but ALL the mining info sites are still lacking one thing I would like to see...

As a miner I find that profit factor "right now" in such a volatile market is pretty much useless.  What's the point of mining whatevercoin at 150% profitability if that 150% is going to drop to 40% in less than 12 hours?  Not to mention the price went down 80% from where it was 12 hours ago and now I'm lucky to even sell the coins at all.  This makes the "150% profit factor" a complete sham.  The reason Coinwarz is superior is the fact that it provides an indication of how much the difficulty and price fluctuate.  This at least helps a miner make a more intelligent decision about what to mine...because if I see a coin at the top of the list with 150% profit factor but a wildly fluctuating difficulty and price, I stay away.  This is why I mainly stick to mining Novacoin...even before I discovered Coinwarz (just a few days ago)...because the difficulty and price seem to stay more stable.  Without any real numbers on LONG TERM AVERAGE profitability, I am just guessing...so NVC is the safest bet, other than BTC or LTC of course.

What would make coinchoose #1 imho?  Having an AVERAGE PROFITABILITY stat...say for the last 14 days or 30 days or whatever.  Coinwarz shows averages for difficulty and price, but it still involves a fair bit of guesswork to find the most stable profit...or at least which of the newer coins has a better average than the others.  I know, I know, the chart on coinchoose shows historical data...but first, it is not an average (though it could be used in a similar fashion to the coinwarz averages, if you could read it)...second, you can't read it.  There are so many lines on the chart it is illegible.  Third, it is only 24 hours...which is useless.  Even if you took the existing chart format and used a longer time period and maybe split all the coins into individual charts or 4 or 5 coins per chart (so you could read the damn thing), would be very useful.  But I think even better would be to have some way of ranking by average profit factor over a longer time period.  Then the user can choose whether to mine for "Ms Right" or "Ms Right Now"...or "Ms Right Now Adjusted".   Grin
ISAWHIM

Activity: 504

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:40:31 AM

This still needs to know "OUR" hash-rates...

There is no "standard" for hash-rate conversion from sha-256 to scrypt...

EG, My equal hash-rates for one (wattage - target @ 680w x3 7970's) yields 1950MHs for sha-256, and 1550KHs for scrypt. (Just can't seem to break that limit on scrypt.)

However, now, with all the new ASIC's coming to the real-world... That won't take long to be a useless calculation, as almost all sha-256 profits will be falling sharply compared to scrypt. But I still feel that critical comparison is more relevant than any pre-calculated average you may get as an individual.

Also, knowing the "spot-price" of anything is irrelevant to "rolling-average"... Including the "difficulty", not just the "price". (Difficulty on "new coins", jumps around a lot, with everyone switching to what they believe is "profitable", based on this horrible calculated information.)

Love the fullness of the charts though! Now you need a pool-contact list for each coin. One that shows pool-info like bitcoin pool-stats does. One per pool, and perhaps a "per coin" value to show "volume of miners", mining each coin. (supporting each coin.) If you have an API from each pool, that is not hard to calculate. Just ask someone, or a few of us... for validation of others api-info.
merk5_0

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 05:53:16 AM

This still needs to know "OUR" hash-rates...

There is no "standard" for hash-rate conversion from sha-256 to scrypt...

EG, My equal hash-rates for one (wattage - target @ 680w x3 7970's) yields 1950MHs for sha-256, and 1550KHs for scrypt. (Just can't seem to break that limit on scrypt.)

However, now, with all the new ASIC's coming to the real-world... That won't take long to be a useless calculation, as almost all sha-256 profits will be falling sharply compared to scrypt. But I still feel that critical comparison is more relevant than any pre-calculated average you may get as an individual.

Also, knowing the "spot-price" of anything is irrelevant to "rolling-average"... Including the "difficulty", not just the "price". (Difficulty on "new coins", jumps around a lot, with everyone switching to what they believe is "profitable", based on this horrible calculated information.)

Love the fullness of the charts though! Now you need a pool-contact list for each coin. One that shows pool-info like bitcoin pool-stats does. One per pool, and perhaps a "per coin" value to show "volume of miners", mining each coin. (supporting each coin.) If you have an API from each pool, that is not hard to calculate. Just ask someone, or a few of us... for validation of others api-info.

Have you tried 1034core/1500memclock for scrypt? That's what got me to 730-740 per 7970...

Sal. Can't keep chart sorted by "Adjusted Profitability". When I sort by highest AP, it reverts back to high to low via normal profitability... Any insight?
anzy

Activity: 263

I like helping people

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:15:50 AM

Is there a public, web accessible block explorer for AMC?

Looks like they added one to their resources page, links to http://pool.amccoin.com:2751/

I like building things
daserpent1

Activity: 435

View Profile
June 07, 2013, 06:17:02 AM

Can you add coin calculator to coinchoose? Right now i have to check coinchoose then go to coinwarz to see how many coins I can mine a day. Maybe you could do a collaboration with coinwarz where they give u a widget to be placed on ur site.
sal002 (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2013, 11:31:46 AM

Can you add coin calculator to coinchoose? Right now i have to check coinchoose then go to coinwarz to see how many coins I can mine a day. Maybe you could do a collaboration with coinwarz where they give u a widget to be placed on ur site.

I am sort of working with wheretomine.com right now to provide that as they use my raw numbers.  CoinWarz.com is a bit slower on its pricing / currency updates and hasn't smoothed out TRC. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... 83 »
  Print  

Jump to: