Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:19:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HEAT: 3.0 crypto*multisig fiat*a2a hft*1000tps*DSA*PoS+PoP*e2ee chat*  (Read 418478 times)
StewieG

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 01:46:38 AM

wow stewieG u amaze me... so much energy wasted.. so your get rich fast scheme is "invest in somenthing u know nothing about, and then mock the product and developers". wow, such a good plan.

funny that it might work in this case, cos HEAT is really something different Smiley

Invest in somethin i know nothing about eh? What makes you say that? And yeah I mock the product, it has not been delivered and if delivered is not half the product that was promised. Yeah I mock the developers, they have lied to us multiple times. Yes intentionally lied!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lahje

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 01:56:06 AM

wow stewieG u amaze me... so much energy wasted.. so your get rich fast scheme is "invest in somenthing u know nothing about, and then mock the product and developers". wow, such a good plan.

funny that it might work in this case, cos HEAT is really something different Smiley

Invest in somethin i know nothing about eh? What makes you say that? And yeah I mock the product, it has not been delivered and if delivered is not half the product that was promised. Yeah I mock the developers, they have lied to us multiple times. Yes intentionally lied!

well at least your pointless posts make this thread longer, and i believe there was one major exchange that had some odd requirements like how long the bitcointalk thread is.... peace Smiley

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
StewieG

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 01:59:28 AM

well at least your pointless posts make this thread longer, and i believe there was one major exchange that had some odd requirements like how long the bitcointalk thread is.... peace Smiley
What? Do YOU have any point or are you just posting bullshit and making this thread longer yourself?Huh
lahje

Activity: 97
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 02:02:19 AM

What? Do YOU have any point or are you just posting bullshit and making this thread longer yourself?Huh

yup yup yuppers. cheers

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
StewieG

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 02:05:00 AM
Last edit: January 23, 2017, 02:26:46 AM by StewieG

yup yup yuppers. cheers
Too many trolls in here...  Undecided  Roll Eyes

Edit: Note to myself:  stop responding to every troll

WAIT!!! I am sure you can help me. When I want entertainment do I go to https://twitter.com/POTUS or still https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump Huh I am confused  Huh
thegreatestpotato

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 04:53:54 AM

HEAT client will be open source at launch. HEAT server is MIT licensed and will be open sourced soon after launch if not at launch. It's not decided at this point due to conflicts of interest involved. JV partners and potential investors prefer closed source for some time to get ahead of competitors cloning our proprietary source based on 3 years of work. What we didn't account for when planning the otherwise beneficial closed source period, is that some exchanges understandably request open source. We still have to make sure whether that's publicly, and strictly at launch or if it can be 1-3 months afterwards.

As stated previously, we had to put quite a bit of effort to roll back our FIMK-related processes to base HEAT on the older version of NXT before it was GNU licensed. This has an important reason - Heat Ledger Ltd builds corporate solutions based on the HEAT technology that's MIT licensed (can be closed source). It's natural for corporate customers to request the exact software they use is NOT open source. In fact it's very difficult to obtain customers if the software terms state that the whole piece you provide them has to be published open source.

Our escrow partner C-CEX is being pressured by some ICO participants to cancel the ICO and buy the HEAT tokens back. We've agreed to provide the wallet and HEAT tokens within 4 days from now or the ICO funds on C-CEX would be used to buy back the HEAT pre-sale tokens. They also requested we need to adjust the HEAT API to contain full NXT-compatible RPC for the part that exchangers use. That's no problem and is actually useful to readily offer NXT-compatible procedures for easier barrier of entry for 3rd party integration.

Thanks for the update .
So now that the project seems to begin ( i HOPE you will deliver before the deadline ) can you make an updated roadmap ? You can understand that all this mess was created by your irresponsibility regarding informing about project status , so to avoid a new wave of dissatisfied investors you and DeKlerk should discuss like responsible adults and come up to a new roadmap with "strict" timeframes .
I can understand that this is not the best time to do it as you have to deliver mainnet , but it should be your first priority after that . And by the delay you had with wallet i believe that YOU MUST HIRE PEOPLE . The funds this project has raise are more than enough , don't try to be cheap .
XEL is almost 1 year project , it doesn't even have mainnet yet and no one is complaining because Evil-Knievel keeps the investors informed about the status of project with videos , commits etc . It is a groundbreaking project like HEAT , BUT the big difference is that ALL the XEL community supports EK because of his attitude .

+1

Completely. Elastic would definitely be one of the best projects of 2017. We have an amazing community there! I hope things turn around for HEAT and we get to see an Awesome launch for HEAT too.

2017 is going to be awesome! Cheesy
johny08
Legendary

Activity: 1045
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 09:52:17 AM

Software schedules, expectations and feature readiness levels are always estimates that change until delivered. Expectations aren't promises. Estimates are in best case scenario spot on, usually they're more or less flexible - a fact I've personally hated too but have come to understand and accept when being forced to experience it first hand as the responsible party, yet outside immediate personal control.

thanks for doing that. work is not always easy.
faifabienne

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 01:18:35 PM

lying should not be allowed anyhow if anyone will be fake will be responsible for his bad reputation.
SkankHunt42

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 01:30:23 PM
Last edit: January 23, 2017, 01:52:00 PM by SkankHunt42

even in the worst case scenario how many coins have held high market caps or pumped over the years with 0 features other than basic blockchain function? the altcoin market is all about speculation and hype. augur, iconomi, waves, golem, digixdao, lisk all hold high market caps for months based on speculation, promise of upcoming features, and money collected for development. get out there and start hyping/pumping. blockchain 3.0 unlimited scalability to the motherfucking moon
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 02:52:51 PM

even in the worst case scenario how many coins have held high market caps or pumped over the years with 0 features other than basic blockchain function? the altcoin market is all about speculation and hype. augur, iconomi, waves, golem, digixdao, lisk all hold high market caps for months based on speculation, promise of upcoming features, and money collected for development. get out there and start hyping/pumping. blockchain 3.0 unlimited scalability to the motherfucking moon

1) As an investor I very much do care if the team of the project delivers what they where talking about prior to the ICO, and if the coin will hold any value based on actual usage as opposed to hype. Actually many investors (including myself) invested because of this pretense of features that will be ready and released on mainnet (!!)
2) Regarding hype, do you really think the community will be blindlessly backing this for indefinite? Only real progress and proof that agreements are respected will enable such behavior. Also the fact that the team is so small is not to the advantage of the project.
3) If the HEAT team do not deliver what they clearly stated in the past, and considering the current sentiment around the project, it is less likely that we will see mad hype and interest surrounding this that could cause massive increase in value. Rather it is likely that this will evaporate to oblivion pretty quickly if things continue on current path.
4) Any person with a shred of decency would feel pretty bad inflating and hyping a coin that has nothing behind it but lies and dishonest presentation. I must state again, I really really hope that it turns out that this project is not a dishonest endeavor and that real dev work has been made to produce something of substance, but so far all indications are not very convincing of this and we will probably find out the truth pretty soon.
StewieG

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:31:57 PM

1) As an investor I very much do care if the team of the project delivers what they where talking about prior to the ICO, and if the coin will hold any value based on actual usage as opposed to hype. Actually many investors (including myself) invested because of this pretense of features that will be ready and released on mainnet (!!)
2) Regarding hype, do you really think the community will be blindlessly backing this for indefinite? Only real progress and proof that agreements are respected will enable such behavior. Also the fact that the team is so small is not to the advantage of the project.
3) If the HEAT team do not deliver what they clearly stated in the past, and considering the current sentiment around the project, it is less likely that we will see mad hype and interest surrounding this that could cause massive increase in value. Rather it is likely that this will evaporate to oblivion pretty quickly if things continue on current path.
4) Any person with a shred of decency would feel pretty bad inflating and hyping a coin that has nothing behind it but lies and dishonest presentation. I must state again, I really really hope that it turns out that this project is not a dishonest endeavor and that real dev work has been made to produce something of substance, but so far all indications are not very convincing of this and we will probably find out the truth pretty soon.

+1

If they don't deliver until Thursday this project is as dead as the squirrel on Donald Trump's head! No exchange will ever add this coin! Nobody wants to be associated with this project. All investors should be refunded immediately then.

To some people heat investors must look like this guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrewRRy5sP4
Jack Needles

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 03:52:24 PM

incoherent ramblings

Haha, it all makes sense to me now.  You get off on this.

You will find more pleasure from a woman.  But you might want to clean up all that spooge first!  (Maybe ur mom can help).
StewieG

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 04:05:04 PM

incoherent ramblings

Haha, it all makes sense to me now.  You get off on this.

You will find more pleasure from a woman.  But you might want to clean up all that spooge first!  (Maybe ur mom can help).
Yeah I totally get off by seeing my money getting flushed down the toilet as fast as possible. The heat guys are experts at that, no woman could ever spent my money on nothing as fast as the heat guys do. Rock on heat team, Stewie needs to be pleasured! Giggedy! xD
Jack Needles

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 05:10:50 PM

Here is something I just found in the whitepaper:

"HEAT as a cryptocurrency employs radically new approaches to the way  cryptocurrencies are built, the most notable of these being complete removal of the embedded database" (yes it is in bold in the whitepaper)

And then later in the same whitepaper:
"The replication layer is an event based optional and configurable event sink mechanism where you run HEAT together with a MySQL [or another brand of] database server. This server can be either on the same machine or somewhere else on the local network."

This is all so great. They have made so many contrary statements that they can basically say anything and find a reference to that somewhere.

These statements are not at all contradictory.  You understand some words, but you lack comprehension. 

What is described here is two separate pieces:
1) The P2P server, which remains barebones and optimized for the singular task of running the blockchain protocol.  This includes memory-mapped data to allow very quick and lightweight access.

2) An optional replication layer.  This layer will allow service providers to offer scaled database solutions to serve as many lightweight clients as their infrastructure allows.

Why cram all of this into a single piece of software?  This is a smart approach.
Crapsy

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

shoutofgaia

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2017, 05:32:12 PM

"HEAT as a cryptocurrency employs radically new approaches to the way  cryptocurrencies are built, the most notable of these being complete removal of the embedded database" (yes it is in bold in the whitepaper)

"The replication layer is an event based optional and configurable event sink mechanism where you run HEAT together with a MySQL [or another brand of] database server. This server can be either on the same machine or somewhere else on the local network."

This is all so great. They have made so many contrary statements that they can basically say anything and find a reference to that somewhere.

These statements are not at all contradictory.  You understand some words, but you lack comprehension. 

1) The P2P server, which remains barebones and optimized for the singular task of running the blockchain protocol.  This includes memory-mapped data to allow very quick and lightweight access.

2) An optional replication layer.  This layer will allow service providers to offer scaled database solutions to serve as many lightweight clients as their infrastructure allows.

Why cram all of this into a single piece of software?  This is a smart approach.

Hooah!

+1000
StewieG

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:19:30 PM

Hooah!

+1000
Dude the point is that the first statement is pure marketing blabla...
Jack Needles

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:26:32 PM

Hooah!

+1000

Not at all.  Is a technical improvement which allows much greater throughput of transaction processing.

And by moving database needs to a separate replication layer, there is no database lock in.  Somebody could set up a multi-server super database cluster to serve a very large number of light clients.

You really don't get what they're trying to do, do you?
StewieG

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:36:05 PM

Hooah!

+1000

Not at all.  Is a technical improvement which allows much greater throughput of transaction processing.

And by moving database needs to a separate replication layer, there is no database lock in.  Somebody could set up a multi-server super database cluster to serve a very large number of light clients.

You really don't get what they're trying to do, do you?
Oh you mean like in bitcoin a lightclient? But much more centralized?
Jack Needles

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 07:57:40 PM

Oh

"What's curious is that, in many cases, incompetence does not leave people disoriented, perplexed, or cautious.  Instead, the incompetent are often blessed with an inappropriate confidence, buoyed by something that feels to them like knowledge. A whole battery of studies … have confirmed that people who don't know much about a given set of cognitive, technical or social skills tend to grossly overestimate their prowess and performance”

- David Dunning
StewieG

View Profile
January 23, 2017, 09:09:33 PM

Oh

"What's curious is that, in many cases, incompetence does not leave people disoriented, perplexed, or cautious.  Instead, the incompetent are often blessed with an inappropriate confidence, buoyed by something that feels to them like knowledge. A whole battery of studies … have confirmed that people who don't know much about a given set of cognitive, technical or social skills tend to grossly overestimate their prowess and performance”

- David Dunning

FYI my last post was satirical. You seem to be master of the universe, if you know where to find any technicalities on heat don't hold back to tell us where to find them, because the heat team was asked and didn't provide anything.
Pages: « 1 ... 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 [137] 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 ... 323 »
  Print  

Jump to: