Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 09:43:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43]
  Print  
Author Topic: Steemit how can this thing be workable long term?  (Read 32319 times)
CobraJ

Activity: 224
Merit: 36

ch4534ch3ckn3v3rch453481tch

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:46:52 AM

Interesting thread. At present state, what are the main factors contrasting the inflation / diluition of the supply?
Say a blog post receives 400$; where do those 400$ come from?

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bostonias

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:48:16 AM

Part of the talent is keeping it fresh and not pushing one topic to the point of exhaustion. The best blogging personalities do it well. Subject matter experts are not always expert bloggers.

That also having users interested in viewing the articles. If you just keep it fresh with no new inputs then the users will just go away to somewhere else.
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 05:51:18 AM

This thread was very enlightening. It is now of my opinion that STEEM is poised to do a Bitconnect scheme and exit.

I never realized the amount of inflation happening on the STEEM platform and obviously this is unsustainable in the coming future. I would rather invest in creating a real blog and relying on google adsense. At least with google, you are more secure in terms of your time investment.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
blue_id69

Activity: 266
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 07:34:49 PM

This is true. If the big content houses are smart they should react at the right time and act in the right way. But if they do not react at all, they will be eaten alive slowly by the new blood and their market will shrink. Dominance in business in the internet is not the same in the real world. The shift in power happens much faster and at the strangest times online. The advent of blockchain apps will see to this.
damsix
Copper Member

Activity: 560
Merit: 46

Id Telegram : @dam_six

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2018, 06:24:48 AM

maybe the developer from Steemet has an internal disruption, like his:

- employees have not been on salary
- software upgrades have not been reached yet
- lack of financial resources

hopefully in the future there is no more like this in creating economic progress, so must be thought through first before building a business empire.

CobraJ

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 09:41:28 AM

Thoughts on this?

https://steemitimages.com/0x0/https://steemitimages.com/DQmezj6rLZoPkMRM4QfJXGsEv639LNh7fZbRiZhURq4Cjc9/chinaRanks.jpg

https://steemit.com/steemit/@blakemiles84/china-s-ministry-of-industry-and-information-technology-rank-steem-2-blockchain-globally

https://cryptobriefing.com/chinas-government-loves-ethereum-steem/

China seem to be very appreciative of Steem, ranking it #2 of all cryptos, only second to Ethereum.

A distributed system attempts to access an API data source, but since the nodes need not execute the instructions simultaneously, the data provided by the API can yield different results. Hence you need to build some kind of time to API value lookup table; formally called oracle.
Tiksi_Bay

Activity: 70

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 01:23:01 PM

WhenHub is useful and creative and that is one of the reason why! Because Time and Knowledge are the most valuable things nowadays, and this project can help people to save their time and get needed information quick and easy. The service uses dezentralized apps running on the Eth blockchain to create secure micro- contracts that can be as short as 15 minutes as well as to provide frictionless billing and payment service. No paperwork or billing is involved and I appreciate it. Monetize your time and knowledge with WhenHub!
CobraJ

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 02:43:41 AM

Another thing many people forget is that STEEMIT is only the FIRST app on STEEM.
Read: STEEMIT is NOT STEEM.

Steem is much more than Steemit.. Steemit is just the beginning.

As you can read from steem.io:

The first app on Steem
Steemit—a social network that pays its community

Steemit is a blogging platform with it's own SMT called STEEM. These tokens are distributed to content creators and curators daily as rewards, based on community voting.

We built Steemit on Steem to show the world the future of the web. We built it to inspire new digital content business models and apps by entrepreneurs and developers.

fvb

Activity: 1470
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:33:56 PM

I think Steemit it for a long time.  I myself often read articles from around the world.  It is very interesting .  I'm not there because of the profits, but because I'm interested in the information.

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Black boy

Activity: 43

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 10:43:27 AM

iamnotback, before investing your time in this, have you considered the possibility that the devs's ultimate goal is to enrich themselves instead of making steem a success?   

To me everything points to the former, closing registration + extending payout time in a last ditch effort to retain value of the hyper-inflated currency + no change to the flawed voting algo cuz it will lower their power
Vdh135

Activity: 89

View Profile
June 18, 2018, 06:54:44 PM

The safest thing to do now is not but steem coins. If you have any with you, sell as fast as you can, keep cool and see if the coin will rise again...
phsan12888

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:19:34 PM

I'm not in favor of steem-pumping, or crypto-pumping in general, but we are in a time window right now where content is low in quantity and thus rewards that were meant for a larger audience are split to a smaller one - being quite good for existing members that manage to attract whale voting.
RagnarosF

Activity: 108

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 03:30:40 PM

From my understanding, when you start powering down, you still have Vests, so you still have a share the 9:1 steam going into the vesting pool. The amount of Steem that you get each week should increase. In the end, you are going to get much more Steem than what you put in. You can hope the market does not plummet faster than the slow increase in the amount of coins that you receive each week.
borg9000

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 20, 2018, 11:16:27 PM

From my understanding, when you start powering down, you still have Vests, so you still have a share the 9:1 steam going into the vesting pool. The amount of Steem that you get each week should increase. In the end, you are going to get much more Steem than what you put in. You can hope the market does not plummet faster than the slow increase in the amount of coins that you receive each week.

The whole system seems too complicated and I did not have enough time to study it properly (recently registered on their platform) and I doubt I will have any good content to publish there soon.
kjbbbbbb865

Activity: 29

View Profile
June 21, 2018, 04:52:05 PM

I didn't really feel like going through all of the comments before, but there is something already like this that doesn't pay you "on the blockchain".. rather they just pay you money or (I think) bitcoins as well...
nguyentung100

Activity: 40

View Profile
June 22, 2018, 07:24:36 AM

My understanding is everyone is moving away from ads towards gamification.
You basically have to spam ads in order to generate income. And the income is net loss overall to your ability to compete for usership.
yahata141

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 04:51:05 PM

Steem price can never "collapse" entirely - because the power to "direct" what content dominates a successful media/social platform will always be something of tremendous value to those who want to create and promote trends, commercialize the trends that they create, etc etc.
a123canz999888

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 26, 2018, 04:23:37 PM

If I can find anything worthy in a project design like Steem but with necessary improvements that I don't think they will make, it would be nice to get back to coding and stop arguing with dumb motherfuckers.
Even if just for the fun of creating something for a change.
hienvienlang

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 03:18:22 PM

Steemit plaform is for me interesting only as a social experiment. The community forming there is pure utopia. You have society of people dependant on mathematical system and feelings of other members, that together reward each participant of community.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43]
  Print  

Jump to: