Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:55:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [ETC] Ethereum Classic: Immutable Smart Contracts  (Read 821055 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
kraterion

Activity: 616
Merit: 145

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 11, 2018, 06:33:12 PM

Will it be with this fall of the ETH, will the ETC also accompany it? And this news happening on Ethereum 2.0, can will there be another fork and will ETC 2.0 be created?

The etc “2.0” era will start after the clo sidechain implementation
So there is no need zo followthe eth 2.0 at all

Are you sure about that? I know that Callisto it's more of a test chain instead of real sidechain, coll features built in Callisto will be deployed on ETC as well if miners reach consensus. At least it is what it was meant to be as far as I know

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  .Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
▄▄█▀▀    Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github   ▀▀█▄▄

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2018, 09:21:16 AM

Will it be with this fall of the ETH, will the ETC also accompany it? And this news happening on Ethereum 2.0, can will there be another fork and will ETC 2.0 be created?

Are you sure about that? I know that Callisto it's more of a test chain instead of real sidechain, coll features built in Callisto will be deployed on ETC as well if miners reach consensus. At least it is what it was meant to be as far as I know

as I have understood, there will be a few tests ofcourse, but there is a real plan of sidechain implementation that will solve the DAO hack issue completly

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 04:55:12 PM

With Vitaliks ridiculous economic statement on crypto. That may be the beginning catalyst of the ETC flippining.   

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:24:36 PM

as I have understood, there will be a few tests ofcourse, but there is a real plan of sidechain implementation that will solve the DAO hack issue completly

Was talking about Callisto, I know that ETCDEV will eventually implement sidechains (as stated on their roadmap). In my opinion there's nothing to solve with the DAO hack, it's happened and it will stay on the chain forever (that's why it's immutable, not like ETH)

Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:31:54 PM

Any idea when CLO will be implemented?

as I am following their project, we have to wait for the CLO cold staking program that will be live November 2018, so my prediction is that the 1st Q 2019 CLO and ETC could be ready for a sidechain fusion
ETC has a staid development, let them work, give them time

wow shit some real info thanks!  etc did well for me in the past but lately it has shit itself.
i hope to actually SEE some CLO development with this coin 2019 onward, man what a dead hold this will be (and CLO)!!!
they better get moving so the alt bulls get them going!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
September 12, 2018, 05:56:59 PM

With Vitaliks ridiculous economic statement on crypto. That may be the beginning catalyst of the ETC flippining.   

I doubt that.

IOHK CEO Charles Hoskinson: "Vitalik is right, we probably have touched the ceiling of 2nd generation blockchain."

IOHK team is responsible for core development of Ethereum Classic, and they consider ETC to be 2nd-gen.
Titus Maximus

Activity: 154
Merit: 60

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 12:32:49 AM

as I am following their project, we have to wait for the CLO cold staking program that will be live November 2018, so my prediction is that the 1st Q 2019 CLO and ETC could be ready for a sidechain fusion

What is the point of sidechains if no one is developing on ETC. I asked before if people know a few projects where ETC is also used as a dApps platform and no responses. I guess they aren‘t any?
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 04:57:54 AM

I doubt that.

IOHK CEO Charles Hoskinson: "Vitalik is right, we probably have touched the ceiling of 2nd generation blockchain."

IOHK team is responsible for core development of Ethereum Classic, and they consider ETC to be 2nd-gen.

Ok, good point, but what if they wrong? After many years been in crypto, you will start to disagree with many people like Vitalik and Charles Hoskinson.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2018, 08:14:07 AM

What is the point of sidechains if no one is developing on ETC. I asked before if people know a few projects where ETC is also used as a dApps platform and no responses. I guess they aren‘t any?

is a point of improved security, as we all know the DAO hack is not present in the splitted ETH chain, but ETC has the hacked problem still on (as far as I know)
those sidechain will solve this and improve future security, also help the scalability of ETC

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
kraterion

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 05:24:06 PM

is a point of improved security, as we all know the DAO hack is not present in the splitted ETH chain, but ETC has the hacked problem still on (as far as I know)
those sidechain will solve this and improve future security, also help the scalability of ETC

As far as I know the DAO hack is still on the chain (of course it is, it's immutable) but the ETC reedem address it's already empty. Unfortunally I don't know that address anymore, if someone know it can check it

wgd
Legendary

Activity: 1815
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 06:55:21 PM

https://app.algory.io/app/cryptonews/129951/despite-massive-crash-strong-demand-for
Very interesting article about Ethereum Classic performance recently.
Ethereum Classic and ZCash have been added to deVere Crypto,
We have very interesting event, too: Ethereum Classic [ETC] Summit: From IoT to interoperability
ETC  is definitely not dead! Just overall market is so weak, but maybe etc will be great again someday.. :-)

▄██▄▄
        ▄▄█████████▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄▄██████████████████████▄▄
 ▀█████████▀▀   ▀▀████████▀▀
█▄▄ ▀▀█▀▀           ▀▀█▀ ▄▄██
█████▄     ▄▄███▄▄     ██████
██████    ▄▀▀███▀▀▄    ██████
██████    ███▄ ▄███    ██████
██████    ████ ████    ██████
██████     ▀▀█ █▀▀     ██████
███████▄▄              ██████
██████████▄▄    ▄▄     ██████
 ▀▀██████████▄▄███     ███▀▀
     ▀████████████     ▀
        ▀█████████
           ▀▀██▀

qortal

Decentralized Internet
Infrastructure of the Future

████████████
           ▄▄██████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▄▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄                ▄▄█████████████▄▄
   ██████████▀▀█████████▄          ▄██████████████▀▀▀████▄
   ████▀▀         ▀▀ ████          █████████▀▀▀     ▄█████
   ███               ▀███          ████▀▀          ▄██████
   ██▀   ▄███  ███    ███          █████▄▄         ███████
   ██    ▀██▀  ▀█▀    ▀██          █████████▄     ████████
   ██  ▀▄▄       ▄▄█▀ ▄██          ██████████▄   █████████
   ▀███▄▄██████████▄▄███▀   ▄▄▄▄   ▀███████████▄▄████████▀

██▄▄  ▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄████████▄▄  ▀▀█████████████▀▀  ▄▄███
█████▄▄   ▀█████▀▀   ▄▄███████████████▄   ▀▀█████▀▀   ▄███████
▀████████▄▄  ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀  ▀▀████████▄▄   ▀   ▄▄████████▀▀
   ▀▀████████▄▄████████▀▀  ▄▄██▄▄  ▀▀████████▄▄▄█████████▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀  ▄▄██████████▄▄  ▀▀████████████▀▀
           ▀▀██▀▀  ▄▄███████████▀▀▀████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀
                   ████▀▀█████▀      ▀███
                   ████▄  ▀▀▀█      ▄████
                   ████  ▀          █████
                   █████▄          ▄█████
                   ██████▄        ▄██████
                   ████▀        ▄████████
                    ▀▀████▄▄▄█████████▀▀
                         ▀▀██████▀▀

████████████

▄▄▄██▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████▄▄▄
▀▀████████████████▀
   ▄ ▀▀████▀▀ ▄ ██
   ██▄▄    ▄▄██ ██
   ████████████ ██
    ██████████  ▀▀
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

QORTAL PROJECT WIKI

██▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█▀▀▀█
█ █▀▀▀█   █▀ ▄██████▄ ▀█   █▀▀▀█▄ █
██▄   █▀▀  ██▀  █   ▀██ ▀▀██   ██▀█
█ █████   ██    █     ██   █████  █
██▀   █▄▄ █   ▄███▄    █ ▄██   ██▄█
█▀█▄▄▄█   █   ▀███▀    █   █▄▄▄█▀ █
█ █  ▀█▄▄ ██    █      █  ▄█▀▀▀█▄ █
███  ▄█▀▀  ▀██▄ █ ▄▄   █ ▀▀█   ██▀█
█ █▀▀██   █▄  ▀███▀█   █   ██▀▀█  █
███   █████    ▄▄  █  ▄█ ███   ████
█ █▄▄██   ██▄▄█▀   █▄██▀   █▄▄▄█  █
██▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█▄▄█

QORTECTOR

Obtain a QORTector Device...
Enjoy Free Internet... eventually.
  ....JOIN....
brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 03:08:12 AM

Hello,

I'm new to ETC. I have a question. If ETC is similar to ETH how come there arent any ERC20 tokens? Or are there any and I have not heard of them?

wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 10:30:18 AM

We should definitely wait until ETH will switch to POS, after that, a lot of miners will have to choose another coin for mining. ETC is very solid choice by the way.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2018, 11:14:43 AM

We should definitely wait until ETH will switch to POS, after that, a lot of miners will have to choose another coin for mining. ETC is very solid choice by the way.

so why wait the ETH POS? let's support ETC from now on
ETC has a perspective future, even better than ETH for sure

gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:56:37 AM

"The partnership comes at a time when demand for ETC is rising rapidly. ETCDEV will collaborate with UTRUST to integrate ETC into the UTRUST platform"
“UTRUST partners with ETCDEV Team, securing ETC integration.”
https://t.co/tMHz748ShS

“Emerald Wallet has been downloaded over 22K times; people are actively using it.”
From IoT to Interoperability, & Blockchain Technology
https://t.co/DAwFCFzNd4

Director of Institutional Sales at coinbase Kayvon Pirestani touches on the process of adding tokens like ETC at ETC Summit 2018
“The rising tide will lift all boats and the pie will grow larger”
https://t.co/Sb9yFODT3v
phamthily

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:57:22 AM

Don't miss this project with new technologies and will be successful in the future. Become a part of this technology with this project. New technologies are new opportunities.
gribble

Activity: 966
Merit: 552

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 05:18:50 AM

ETCDEV Delivers The Long Awaited, Highly Anticipated Emerald Software Development Kit
Emerald Starter Kit: Everything you need to start developing #dApps on the ETC network
https://docs.etcdevteam.com/untitled/emerald-starter-kit

Linzhi mining, will debut its first official products as a series of #ASIC miners designed specifically for #Ethereum & Ethereum Classic ETC

New Mining Manufacturer #Linzhi Announces Ethereum ETC ASIC Miner
EthereumClassic https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/new-mining-manufacturer-linzhi-announces-ethereum-asic-miner/

If you are an app developer and wish to start building blockchain Dapps on a truly immutable smart contracts network such as ETC, then you have to watch this by @belfordz and @shanejonas: https://youtu.be/yYk2TiORlVI
neutronwave

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:48:28 AM

True this project is supported by IOHC?
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 06:51:02 AM

it is a pity that the bottom could not resist and had to leave
I'll come back when the risk of attack will stable to stay less than 50%
https://www.crypto51.app

why don't developers think about security? They could rent Nicehash and mine ETC, costs almost no but they can remove the risks

https://whattomine.com/

I think they care quite a lot about the security but I guess they think that no further action is needed at this point. Its just a wild guess though. Otherwise it would sure be an option to just mine via rental contracts. I actually have to agree that the ETH  switch to PoS could be a major turning point for both projects
wndrbr3d

Activity: 914
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:18:35 AM

so why wait the ETH POS? let's support ETC from now on
ETC has a perspective future, even better than ETH for sure
Nobody say that ETC is not perspective, but for more popularity, community needs some more events...
The main popularity will come when ETC will be listed on CoinBase, I guess.
Pages: « 1 ... 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 [464] 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 »
  Print  

Jump to: