Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 10:32:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  
Author Topic: My second ZEC + XMR+ ETH thread builds info links thoughts and photos.  (Read 147870 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
citronick
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1080

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 02:16:50 PM

vg54dett - bluescreen will need hard reset - and the reboot batch file will not work on your scenario.

I think you need to solve this bluescreen issue separately first. I suspect, GPU driver or RAM related issues. What is your rig config and setup?

In basic setup, reboot.bat need to be saved in same folder as Claymore miner.

In your file manager browser, type "shell:startup" and hit enter. In this folder, you can put a batch file to run Claymore miner or any other app. When Windows boots up, it will run all programs and batch files in this startup folder.

Thanks for following my case !
The bluescreen is something I get on any of my rx470 rigs ! all rigs sometimes have it ...
They can mine for days without any problem.
But if a GPU hang, miner restart , and I get blue screen (showing driver failure) , and a reboot.
So when I come back , I have y desktop ready but iddle. I will try your advice to get claymore run after any windows boot.
It should help a lot !

In my case, I guess the blue screen is linked to risers and/or overclocking.
I have H81 pro BTC with 4 or 4 gb DDR and all moded RX470 (5 to 6 per rig)
I'm on the way to change all my powered ribbon riser to usb ones. Would be better I think.

I still have a diffculty to understand what is the difference with the reboot batch file launched by ethman (not used yet) , and the watchdog feature that restart miner ?

Ethman watchdog watches for issues during mining.

It can restart the claymore miner when it encounter issues.

In the event that "- r 1" is set and you have a valid "reboot.bat" file, Ethman launches the reboot batch file which will in turn "force reboot" your rig.

So in this case, any critical panic triggered from watchdog will execute batch file because you set the "-r 1". In my case, this is my preference.... which I think you need to do if you want a 24x7 rig that reboots itself if something bad happens; ie. BSOD

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
Hotmetal

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:06:10 PM

In the event that "- r 1" is set and you have a valid "reboot.bat" file, Ethman launches the reboot batch file which will in turn "force reboot" your rig.

So in this case, any critical panic triggered from watchdog will execute batch file because you set the "-r 1". In my case, this is my preference.... which I think you need to do if you want a 24x7 rig that reboots itself if something bad happens; ie. BSOD

How can a process execute anything when you get a BSOD? Sure it's possible for hanging cards and other weird issues however when a kernel panic occurs, I'm not sure any new process execution can occur.
vg54dett

Activity: 501
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:46:08 PM

In my case , blue screen appear only when miner restart after a gpu hang.
If I can force windows to reboot as soon as a gpu hang instead of restarting miner, it would prevent any blue screen.
But does this reboot bat start the miner again automatically when reboot is done ?
vg54dett

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:47:58 PM

How is it possible that you show ZEC even even with ETH & XMR, much less slightly more profitable.

My RX480's are underclocked and undervolted. Look more closely at the graphs and you will see spikes where ZEC is more profitable.
This has more to do with network difficulty dropping (you're getting more ZEC for the same hash rate and same price).

I understand that everyone's rigs are different, but for me, the profitability isn't even close now with ZEC dropping under $43.

You're looking at the ZEC price and only using that as a benchmark and that's where you're going wrong.
As the price fluctuates, so does the difficulty as miners chop and change.

My profit from ETH is close to 2x ZEC and models indicate XMR could even be better, but I need more mining time with it to prove that out.

All my tests are done at the wall in terms of electricity usage and are extremely accurate.

Aside from the valuing issue, I am curious about something else.  I really like that auto-switching feature in theory but if values are quite close and switch often, wouldn't that many switched hurt productivity?  Meaning... my experience with both XMR and ZEC is that they take some time to ramp up to full speed.  I started mining XMR via Claymore GPU and it started low then continual increases, for several hours actually. Similar thing with ZEC although usually not as long.  ETH seem to get to max quickly but I would like that the ramp up time would hurt you with too many switches.

I work around all ramp-up times with code.

Edit: To clarify: worst case ramp up time is ~20 seconds at most but the actual mining when switching is near instantaneous.

Hometal, how do you deal with the sale right time ?
Mining when it's more profitable (less difficulty or better price) is obviously good, but it takes time to get the mined coins to a wallet and from my experience, when you are ready to sell, profitability has changed (mostly price as coins are already mined) and you don't earn what you expected.
Have you find a way to improve ?

I've now completed all the code to automatically switch to whichever coin is most profitable.

To answer your question:

If you look at prices for ZEC/XMR/ETC/ETH, there's no real MAJOR hard ups or downs in terms of pricing.. It's either a slow increase or decrease.. (yes, there are exceptions to this rule but in the long term, everything averages out). Most of the profitability switching comes from network difficulty either dropping or increasing.

Since I mine directly to the exchange:

I'm busy with the code now to poll / connect to the exchange's API, check all balances and immediately sell any coin that is available at the current sell order rates.

I can just keep buying rigs / video cards and know that as I get more hash rate, it will get more and more accurate / profitable.
It's too tedious doing things manually .. This way I can go on holiday, spend time with the family and thanks to the monitoring system, I will only be alerted when processes are not running or switching isn't working correctly.

The joy of opensource software Wink

very interesting work ! should be very helpfull. Do you plan to share it later ?
Hotmetal

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 03:54:52 PM

I've now completed all the code to automatically switch to whichever coin is most profitable.

To answer your question:

If you look at prices for ZEC/XMR/ETC/ETH, there's no real MAJOR hard ups or downs in terms of pricing.. It's either a slow increase or decrease.. (yes, there are exceptions to this rule but in the long term, everything averages out). Most of the profitability switching comes from network difficulty either dropping or increasing.

I'm busy with the code now to poll / connect to the exchange's API, check all balances and immediately sell any coin that is available at the current sell order rates.

I can just keep buying rigs / video cards and know that as I get more hash rate, it will get more and more accurate / profitable.
It's too tedious doing things manually .. This way I can go on holiday, spend time with the family and thanks to the monitoring system, I will only be alerted when processes are not running or switching isn't working correctly.

very interesting work ! should be very helpfull. Do you plan to share it later ?

The plan is to monetize it. I'll supply the hardware, bandwidth and auto-switching service.
Something like this has been needed for a long time. One pool goes down, software automatically swings to a different pool in a different geographical location on the fly.
The auto-switching should be all smoke and mirrors that allow one thing: you mine whatever is the most profitable, 24/7.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:43:37 PM

To answer your question:

The plan is to monetize it. I'll supply the hardware, bandwidth and auto-switching service.
Something like this has been needed for a long time. One pool goes down, software automatically swings to a different pool in a different geographical location on the fly.
The auto-switching should be all smoke and mirrors that allow one thing: you mine whatever is the most profitable, 24/7.

Hotmetal,
Interesting project ... do you plan to consolidate on BTC payment as a standard payout service - like NH Windows miner ?

If I provided you good and useful info or just a smile to your day, consider sending me merit points to further validate this Bitcointalk account ~ useful for future account recovery...
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 04:56:18 PM

How can a process execute anything when you get a BSOD? Sure it's possible for hanging cards and other weird issues however when a kernel panic occurs, I'm not sure any new process execution can occur.

The reboot script will save you a few white hairs when Claymore's Ethman can trigger the batch file before BSOD happens.

In my early testing of Ethman, earlier this year, I observed that more half of the time, Ethman can catch serious GPU panic and OpenCL hang errors - usually due to intense OC, RX GPU type unknowns, bad drivers or simply occurrence  of clashing rouge processes - I realised the value of this Ethman and figured out that this Claymore guy is one hell of a coder..... Without Ethman running, you would see Windows spits out a few more archaic errors then BSOD. Game Over.

Yup, for BSOD, there is no solution other than the power button or pressing that reset switch or switched PDU or that inexpensive SRR remote-network-relay project by Tytanick.

vg54dett

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:02:02 PM

Just to complete my informations: When I have the blue screen, rig reboot himself after few seconds.
No need to push the button.
Generally , I'm not in the same room and when I realize something went wrong (hashrate dropped or ethman ringing), the rig has already rebooter and is waiting on windows desktop.
But I know it's the blue screen even if I wasn't here because I saw it many times before.

So does the reboot bat start the miner again automatically when reboot is done ?
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:08:00 PM

Just to complete my informations: When I have the blue screen, rig reboot himself after few seconds.
Generally , I'm not in the same room and when I realize something went wrong (hashrate dropped or ethman ringing), the rig has already rebooter and is waiting on windows desktop.
But I know it's the blue screen even if I wasn't here because I saw it many times before.

So does the reboot bat start the miner again automatically when reboot is done ?

Some BSOD needs manual power off or reset - I think most are.

If your case, BSOD for a moment then reboots, then it maybe due to some other Windows quirks. Anyways, you are lucky that that BSOD ended up reboot instead of stuck on the blue screen,.

So, get the startup batch file done so that whenever you boot up on purpose or after BSOD/reboot in your case, you will always be mining.

Also, Ethman will monitor how many times the rig rebooted with a counter on the dashboard.

Hotmetal

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:21:57 PM

Hotmetal,
Interesting project ... do you plan to consolidate on BTC payment as a standard payout service - like NH Windows miner ?

Right now I'm using it for myself just to see what the possibilities are.

This is an example of the server-side log:

Code:
16-12-15 18:15:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> etc <- Unswitched - still most profitable
16-12-15 18:20:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> etc <- Unswitched - still most profitable
16-12-15 18:25:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> etc <- Unswitched - still most profitable
16-12-15 18:30:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> etc <- Unswitched - still most profitable
16-12-15 18:35:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> eth <- Switched - more profitable
16-12-15 18:40:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> eth <- Unswitched - still most profitable
16-12-15 18:45:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> etc <- Switched - more profitable
16-12-15 18:50:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> etc <- Unswitched - still most profitable
16-12-15 18:55:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> etc <- Unswitched - still most profitable
16-12-15 19:00:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> etc <- Unswitched - still most profitable
16-12-15 19:05:02 [*] Auto-Switch: -> xmr <- Switched - more profitable
16-12-15 19:10:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> xmr <- Unswitched - still most profitable
16-12-15 19:15:01 [*] Auto-Switch: -> xmr <- Unswitched - still most profitable

The nice thing is, I can see my mining clients on my windows machines swapping between the different coins. So far so good!
I like your idea of paying people for their hash rate in BTC and directing it to whatever pool gives the best performance etc.
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 05:26:41 PM

Hotmetal,

Code:

The nice thing is, I can see my mining clients on my windows machines swapping between the different coins. So far so good!
I like your idea of paying people for their hash rate in BTC and directing it to whatever pool gives the best performance etc.

I did embark on a separate project to do something similar but I am not a good coder so I bought some licence from AwesomeMiner.com, still work in progress ...

AriesIV10
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1006

Mine for a Bit

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2016, 05:32:33 PM

Hotmetal,

Code:

I did embark on a separate project to do something similar but I am not a good coder so I bought some licence from AwesomeMiner.com, still work in progress ...

Very Impressive!

BTC Address (Donations):  3LepZAju88ZRuNVD4cS6Xv5hKyKrjvirkB     Website:  www.MintMining.com
Email: Mining@MintMining.com      Power Supplies: https://bit.ly/2TtvdOR
vg54dett

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:20:08 PM

Some BSOD needs manual power off or reset - I think most are.

If your case, BSOD for a moment then reboots, then it maybe due to some other Windows quirks. Anyways, you are lucky that that BSOD ended up reboot instead of stuck on the blue screen,.

So, get the startup batch file done so that whenever you boot up on purpose or after BSOD/reboot in your case, you will always be mining.

Also, Ethman will monitor how many times the rig rebooted with a counter on the dashboard.

the "shell:startup" method works great, it will save me lot of time , thank you !
vg54dett

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 07:59:42 PM

You can connect more GPUs using a PCIE riser cables. Like this: https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/PCI-E-PCI-E-Express-1X-to-16X-Riser-Card-USB-3-0-Extender-Cable-SATA/32742035476.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.5BxV06&detailNewVersion=&categoryId=200001097

So you should be able to install a 5 CPUs configuration in the same case. May be even 6.  Wink 1 or 2 cards can be installed right above the CPU in parallel to the MB.

A nice 25-mm 120x120 fan that I would recommend for your setup: https://ru.aliexpress.com/item/Free-shipping-12025-high-speed-air-volume-fan-12-cm-1-24A-FFB1212SH-for-delta/32612064782.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.r5JxPM

p.s are those HDD/SSD racks removable?

Those 6pin pci risers are a great finding !
Servers PSU will come back in business !
ps_jb

Activity: 742

View Profile
December 15, 2016, 10:38:55 PM

Phil,

I have a questions on your solar panel array. What is power output? How many panels (watts per panel)? Did you buy it through the installation company or kit and paid to company to install?

How much?
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8069

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 12:04:15 AM

Phil,

I have a questions on your solar panel array. What is power output? How many panels (watts per panel)? Did you buy it through the installation company or kit and paid to company to install?

How much?

buysolar  a forum member lives 3 miles from me he has 2 acres of panels and some on the barn and his home.

we are in New Jersey a good state with solar grid tie in deals.

you need to pm buysolar for all array setup info.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
ps_jb

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 12:07:36 AM

buysolar  a forum member lives 3 miles from me he has 2 acres of panels and some on the barn and his home.

Got it - thank you! I dont think he is an active member on this forum anymore
philipma1957 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 4172
Merit: 8069

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2016, 01:42:54 AM

buysolar  a forum member lives 3 miles from me he has 2 acres of panels and some on the barn and his home.

Got it - thank you! I dont think he is an active member on this forum anymore

he is he reads more then posts

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
citronick
Legendary

---- winter*juvia -----

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:01:00 AM

Looks like ZEC has fallen and couldnt get up.... it was a blast while this puppy lasted.

Switching to XMR..... no wait..... ETH...... no wait......XMR and ETH?

Claymore's magic works well only on ETH with RX480.

For XMR, Claymore's support for RX480 is not up to the mark yet although its hashing as good as a older cards it can do better.

So for now, I will switch all rigs to XMR, except for RX480 rigs which will mine ETH.

This way, I will save some power and less heat on XMR.... somewhat to neutralize ETH which produces tons of hot air and power hogger, even though all the 480s are ROM modded to mine at 29MH with lowest power consumption.

ps_jb

View Profile
December 16, 2016, 02:05:24 AM

So for now, I will switch all rigs to XMR, except for RX480 rigs which will mine ETH.

ETC has about the same profitability as ETH, but cards are slightly cooler (RX 480)
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 »
  Print  

Jump to: