Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 03:41:24 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin has no competition  (Read 43155 times)
biskitop

Activity: 686
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 12:42:52 AM

Bitcoin has been steadily losing market cap dominance, from 90%+ just two years ago to ~80% today.

When it comes to exchange dominance it's just 66.4%.

This trend will probably continue and in a few years there will be people using cryptocurrencies that do not know what bitcoin is.
I agree with you, when this trend continues. but people will still know what bitcoin is, because even though its value continues to fall, but bitcoin will still remain in the crypto market.
Menawi12

Activity: 700
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 12:43:38 AM

Definitely has competition and also there are other coins that are used for different purposes that bitcoin will never fill the gap for which provide more solutions that bitcoin will never have. Digibyte is an example of one and is in constant development it already has lower fee's and can maintain higher TPS.. Maybe bitcoin will set the standard and after the elimination of the other 2000+ coin's there definitely will be a dozen left standing.

Many coin are better than bitcoin for transaction but i am believe investor prefer choosing bitcoin because having biggest liquidity in market. Its hard to replace bitcoin as store of value, most crypto community already think bitcoin is powerfull store of value

───[  Blue0x | Network  ]───
─────────────[  Decentralizing Global Finance  ]─────────────
─────────────[  TWITTER    |    DISCORD    |    TELEGRAM  ]─────────────
furtcoin13

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 01:21:26 AM

Our platform, Furt platform was created out of the desire and passion to liberate you as a football fan from the disrespect and ill treatment meted by unscrupulous club leaders and governing bodies. With our platform, Furt Platform, we will continue to try our best to sanitize the mess that unscrupulous club owners, members of governing bodies have created because of their greed for money.

With our Furt Platform, we will allow you as a member to benefit from the huge profits made from the football industry. With the adoption of the blockchain industry, records can never be tampered and utmost transparency shared of how profits are shared is guaranteed. We, as the proletariat, fighting against the bourgeois in the form of the club owners and the members of the governing body, will bring about the redistribution of the funds back to you. You as a fan have to earn too.

www.furtcoin.com
goldSkylark

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 02:41:37 AM

In my opinion, it has one major competitor and it’s Ethereum. It has everything that a leading coin must have. Don’t you think so?

I agree with you. I mean, browsing this forum alone you'll see people talking about different cryptos. That's enough proof that a competition exists, right? Ethereum seems to have a lot of good features. That's a good thing because this competition will only bring out the best products in the long run. This means we can have a viable digital currency soon. Do you agree?
Ondre

Activity: 238

https://i.imgur.com/iwknjIj.png

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 02:47:54 AM

Who can overcome bitcoin in the competition if bitcoin is 10miles away from the others. It will remain on top it will take a long perood of time before someone get mear it but still remaining ahead.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Dinuka Sampath

Activity: 65

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 02:57:50 AM

Bitcoi is a costly currency. So people try to make it happen. They try to get ahead of each other and get bitcoi, so it's a competition between humans.So Bitcoi has on competition.
G-richy

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:04:43 AM

I am not using any other crypto currency at the moment, but I don't think any of them will ever overtake bitcoin. Its the standard of all, its like money now, do you see money competing with anything else? I really don't see that. So I feel bitcoin will hold it own in the market and would probably keep growing.
Yes I think so ,because presently its unbeatable though its volatile in nature its still stand its ground and stay at the top. Bitcoin add value more than other coins although altcoin are there, they are just subordinates.
Thecryptocurrency09

Activity: 346
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 03:28:10 AM

All those FUDsters that where saying year ago how Bitcoin would fail because another currency would take over get proven wrong year after year. The more time Bticoin is alive, the stronger it gets and the bigger the network effect. Sorry but there will not be a Bitcoin 2.0. Bitcoin will go to 100k+ per coin in the next 5 to 10 years, it will absorb all the value researched in the field if not directly through protocol improvements then through sidechains.

Bitcoin will remain the only solid coin. The only coin that survived for the longest time (other coins can't claim this unless they invent a time machine).
There will be alts that pump really hard and make people millionaires, but no alt is going to surpass Bitcoin's strength and solidity. No coin will get a bigger marketcap. In the long term people holding 21+ BTC will be rewarded by history with rich-tier status for seeing the value in it before most people did. Do not let the FUDsters trick your mind or the trolls try to derrail the excellent job being done by Core devs.

Let's continue then our path towards inevitable triumph.

Since I have known bitcoin I never tried or even think to use any other currency. I truly believe in bitcoin ever since I had encountered it. I remember that I already answered this same taught thread and I could say that I never break what I have said.
Irvinn

Activity: 966
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:52:07 AM

I would not be so categorical about the fact that bitcoin has no competition. In general, all the crypto currency competes with one another and only the best and most promising coins remain on the market. Therefore, if bitcoin does not improve, it will grow old and lose its popularity. Few will use bitcoin if it continues to have scalability of seven transactions per second and high commission fees compared to other coins. And this just means direct competition between bitcoins and other types of crypto-currency.
Eleanorbro

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:53:41 AM

Currently, Bitcoin is gaining momentum. Direct competitors Ethereum is losing a lot of money. Perhaps this is the time when Bitcoin has grown most in 2018, and there are not any rivals that can beat them.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 04:56:29 AM

Bitcoin has been steadily losing market cap dominance, from 90%+ just two years ago to ~80% today.

This trend will probably continue and in a few years there will be people using cryptocurrencies that do not know what bitcoin is.
I agree with you, when this trend continues. but people will still know what bitcoin is, because even though its value continues to fall, but bitcoin will still remain in the crypto market.
just because i think that the demand of this currency will never have to fall too, what was the issue is of its price but more on , a lot of people are believing on this currency further more about.
tamradhwaj

Activity: 336
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 07:55:26 AM

Bitcoin definitely has competition! If we look at Ethereum it provides faster transactions at a lower fee. Ethereum also enables wide range of application by the means of smart contracts.
hffule

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:12:48 PM

Botcoin has slowly been loading traction in the crypto world and may be overtaken.
rinkeshkashyap01

Activity: 232

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 05:38:13 PM

No competitor of bitcoin. I don't think any of them will ever overtake bitcoin.I feel bitcoin will hold it own in the market and would probably keep growing. Altcoin to me is just a way to multiply my bitcoins,  i sell all of them for more bitcoins.
Chichitalent

Activity: 26

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 06:42:07 AM

All those FUDsters that where saying year ago how Bitcoin would fail because another currency would take over get proven wrong year after year. The more time Bticoin is alive, the stronger it gets and the bigger the network effect. Sorry but there will not be a Bitcoin 2.0. Bitcoin will go to 100k+ per coin in the next 5 to 10 years, it will absorb all the value researched in the field if not directly through protocol improvements then through sidechains.

Bitcoin will remain the only solid coin. The only coin that survived for the longest time (other coins can't claim this unless they invent a time machine).
There will be alts that pump really hard and make people millionaires, but no alt is going to surpass Bitcoin's strength and solidity. No coin will get a bigger marketcap. In the long term people holding 21+ BTC will be rewarded by history with rich-tier status for seeing the value in it before most people did. Do not let the FUDsters trick your mind or the trolls try to derrail the excellent job being done by Core devs.

Let's continue then our path towards inevitable triumph.

Yess you are right that bitcoin has no competition at all .there might be possible that some currencies might have value more than bitcoins but that would be a very short period of time .and here bitcoins if given a hard fork would increase to such a extend people would habe hard time believing it and every single person in this world woupd be possesing bitcoins or the other.
kniheant

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:55:08 AM

yes.Cryptocurrency being compete into bitcoin but still the best is bitcoin. Nowadays, bitcoin is leading in the market because of its price that no other can compete of because of its popularity and demand.
Bgbolahan

Activity: 173

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 11:58:05 AM

Bitcoin can be equal to gold which means it can't be replaced but only be work on(Blockchain undelay) to provide solutions to real life problems
dekcutbusu33

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:41:08 PM

Yes, because Bitcoin is the king of the cryptocurrancy currency and there are no competitors because Bitcoin is accepted by many companies and has good prices, that's the main reason for attracting people towards Bitcoin. Bitcoin is growing very strong. Its value continues to increase. Because the demand for Bitcoin users has increased dramatically, the miners and traders also increased. In electronic currency ratings, Bitcoin always stands first.
Filthy1

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:50:21 PM

I disagree BTC is king and will remain king if you trade cryptocurrency you will know the king.
nguoiyeutao696

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 12:52:17 PM

I think there are still some implicit competition that we have not figured out yet. Is Bitcoin an electronic currency that affects other currencies that cause competition among themselves?
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: