Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 08:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
kslaughter (OP)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 11:28:17 PM

Have you confirmation of your 100 Avalons yet?

That is not part of this offering, due the unpredictably of Avalon.
nebulus

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

... it only gets better...

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:28:36 PM

Further more the first Batch was far less than 5,000,000 and you didn't publicly increase the IPO price, you removed the IPO offerings and have ever since then sold them whenever you feel like it.

This first batch never sold out. It just "disappeared" from the market causing idiots (no offence) to buy at inflated rates.

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 11:32:19 PM

Just to clarify,

Should it be determined that
it is not feasible to develop an ASIC chip, then the remaining funds in the research and development/purchase
fund will be added the growth and expansion fund.

The development/purchase fund is the remaining 60 Million shares?

Is this decision taking place after the current feasibility tests have been completed?

If the feasibility tests fail when will these shares be "active"? If so they have a large impact the time scale of recouping the IPO cost per share if the feasibility tests fail.

Thanks for your time,
Shas

The development/purchase fund is the first 20 million shares of which the first batch is 5 million shares which are being sold now.

If the current feasibility test shows that it is not feasible on this chip, there are other options which maybe feasible.  None of AMC's funds
are being spent on the feasibility test.
fently

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Bleh!

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:34:25 PM

Have you confirmation of your 100 Avalons yet?

That is not part of this offering, due the unpredictably of Avalon.

SPRINGFIELD, MO, – May 14, 2013 – AMC has announced today that it has entered into an agreement with its parent company VMC. VMC will be providing credit to AMC so that AMC will be able to purchase its first batch of 100 Pre-Ordered machines. AMC will only have to provide VMC with a 10% deposit before the machines are shipped, AMC will pay VMC a 10% APR rate on its outstanding balance. VMC will use its Best Effort to provide the machines to AMC. AMC still has its first rights on machines it has the ability to fund. AMC will also provide machines to its Investors which have qualified under its Premier Investors Program. AMC estimates this will increase it hash rate to over 8,384,000 MH/s and its daily revenue to over $43,927.23 or $3,752,264.73 per year at the current difficulty. AMC is a hybrid mining and development cooperative and a business unit of VMC.

Could you clarify which machines you were referring to on the May 14 press release?
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:37:40 PM

So what are you raising funds for then?   No, semi company in their right mind would be wasting their time helping you design a chip to do this unless you have a team of experienced people that understand the system.   The current development lead time on 45 is well over 6 months even if you had a design so you will not even have a product for 12 months.  28???   How are the wafer starts looking in 28?   lots of space for you?
You just got to the point of signing the NDA?   So, all this money is to develop a chip now?  You have no chance of getting a wafer start.   Probably best to just sticking to pumping and dumping a stock that is trading on what value???
Wow, people really have a lot of faith don't they?

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 11:40:37 PM

Just to clarify,

Should it be determined that
it is not feasible to develop an ASIC chip, then the remaining funds in the research and development/purchase
fund will be added the growth and expansion fund.

The development/purchase fund is the remaining 60 Million shares?

Is this decision taking place after the current feasibility tests have been completed?

If the feasibility tests fail when will these shares be "active"? If so they have a large impact the time scale of recouping the IPO cost per share if the feasibility tests fail.

Thanks for your time,
Shas

The research and development/purchase fund are the shares being sold now.  The funds from the IPO will be used to
buy machines if the ASIC can not be developed.  If AMC can not develop an ASIC, then VMC will try and use other
vendors of chips to build its machines.
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 24, 2013, 11:43:08 PM

So what are you raising funds for then?   No, semi company in their right mind would be wasting their time helping you design a chip to do this unless you have a team of experienced people that understand the system.   The current development lead time on 45 is well over 6 months even if you had a design so you will not even have a product for 12 months.  28???   How are the wafer starts looking in 28?   lots of space for you?
You just got to the point of signing the NDA?   So, all this money is to develop a chip now?  You have no chance of getting a wafer start.   Probably best to just sticking to pumping and dumping a stock that is trading on what value???

We know what we are doing.  The wafers are already almost done.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 11:47:33 PM

When did you start the chip design?  I thought you just signed an NDA here last week with a fab?  You mean you already taped out the mask?   Or are you on a shuttle?
What did the fab tell you would need to show prove of funds for before they would even turn you to legal for vetting?  Just prove to me that you do know what you are doing because your statement above seems strange.

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:00:03 AM

When did you start the chip design?  I thought you just signed an NDA here last week with a fab?  You mean you already taped out the mask?   Or are you on a shuttle?
What did the fab tell you would need to show prove of funds for before they would even turn you to legal for vetting?  Just prove to me that you do know what you are doing because your statement above seems strange.

The design was started last year, it is proven to work.  I will need the funds soon for the NRE.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:03:25 AM

The design was started last year, it is proven to work.  I will need the funds soon for the NRE.
I will apologize if I am wrong but so many weird things happen with ASICs in your state...
Did you typo then when you said you would be receiving wafers?   You said you just signed the NDA.   If that is true, you are 6 months away minimum at 45 and years away at 28 from taping your mask.   How you getting the wafers then?

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:14:14 AM

I will apologize if I am wrong but so many weird things happen with ASICs in your state...
Did you typo then when you said you would be receiving wafers?   You said you just signed the NDA.   If that is true, you are 6 months away minimum at 45 and years away at 28 from taping your mask.   How you getting the wafers then?

Yes, my team will be receiving the wafers and then packaging them.  We also have a Low-Volume production method which is a lot faster for 45nm and 28nm chips.  Yes, 45nm machines delivery date of 12/31/2013 and 28nm machines of 6/30/2014.

Yes, a lot of thing can happen, that is why we will have Avalon's mining soon.  That is why VMC is using Avalon's chips to build their first generation of machines.
All of this was designed to protect the investors investment in AMC.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:18:25 AM

Ok, now I am confused.   So, now you are buying Avalon chips and your first miners will be built with Avalon chips?   But, you are not buying the 100 Avalons that you have in the OP as saying will be your first miners?
Maybe you should fix the offering memo since this seems different than what I read.   What are the "wafers" that you are referring to?   Do you mean chips from avalon?   You said a couple of posts ago that your wafers were coming but you have not even taped a mask?   Do I seem confused?

Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:20:39 AM

There are several strategies for pricing an IPO besides a fixed price. AMC is using currently a pay-what-you-bid auction: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Initial_public_offering#Pricing_of_IPO
kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:22:02 AM

Ok, now I am confused.   So, now you are buying Avalon chips and your first miners will be built with Avalon chips?   But, you are not buying the 100 Avalons that you have in the OP as saying will be your first miners?
Maybe you should fix the offering memo since this seems different than what I read.   What are the "wafers" that you are referring to?   Do you mean chips from avalon?   You said a couple of posts ago that your wafers were coming but you have not even taped a mask?   Do I seem confused?

I think you are reading the wrong description of the offering.  VMC is building its first series of machines on Avalon's technology.  VMC's second and third series of machines will be based on AMC's technology which is 45nm and 28nm chips.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:27:33 AM

Ok, now I am confused.   So, now you are buying Avalon chips and your first miners will be built with Avalon chips?   But, you are not buying the 100 Avalons that you have in the OP as saying will be your first miners?
Maybe you should fix the offering memo since this seems different than what I read.   What are the "wafers" that you are referring to?   Do you mean chips from avalon?   You said a couple of posts ago that your wafers were coming but you have not even taped a mask?   Do I seem confused?
I think you are reading the wrong description of the offering.  VMC is building is first series of machines on Avalon's technology.  VMC's second and third series of machines will be based on AMC's technology which is 45nm and 28nm chips.
Sorry, I was reading your replies.   That is why I asked if you typo'ed.

You have no wafers so the wafers are NOT already almost done.  You do not have a mask.   That is what you plan to develop in the future.   That is what I was asking to clarify.
You now are saying you have chips on order from Yifu and will build boards with his chips.   Is that CORRECT?  Did you order 10,000 chips from Avalon?   
Did you consider driving across town and trying to buy some 65nm chips from BFL to help them pay for their next wafer start?

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:29:51 AM

I think you are reading the wrong description of the offering.  VMC is building is first series of machines on Avalon's technology.  VMC's second and third series of machines will be based on AMC's technology which is 45nm and 28nm chips.
Sorry, I was reading your replies.   That is why I asked if you typo'ed.

You have no wafers so the wafers are NOT already almost done.  You do not have a mask.   That is what you plan to develop in the future.   That is what I was asking to clarify.
You now are saying you have chips on order from Yifu and will build boards with his chips.   Is that CORRECT?  Did you order 10,000 chips from Avalon?   
Did you consider driving across town and trying to buy some 65nm chips from BFL to help them pay for their next wafer start?

I am sorry that you can not think outside of the box.  The wafers ARE almost done.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:32:32 AM

I am sorry that you can not think outside of the box.  The wafers ARE almost done.
[/quote]
What wafers?   What fab?   Where did you get your mask taped and when?
Sorry, to sound skeptical but what you are saying does not make sense.   

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:37:50 AM

What wafers?   What fab?   Where did you get your mask taped and when?
Sorry, to sound skeptical but what you are saying does not make sense.   
[/quote]

No problem, only time will tell as they say.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 12:42:44 AM

If you are legitimate and not a pump and dump scheme why would you not answer those questions?
You do not seem to know much about the process of how to get a chip produced so I am skeptical.   From your evasion and your flip flopping on whether you actually are buying avalons (you do not have an order, yet you typed up a prospectus saying you did) gives people a lot of reason to see this as a scam.   Your resistance to clearing it up just makes it more likely that there is nothing behind your words.   
People would have to be stupid to buy these shares on the assumption that they can dump them before everyone else does.

kslaughter (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 12:48:43 AM

If you are legitimate and not a pump and dump scheme why would you not answer those questions?
You do not seem to know much about the process of how to get a chip produced so I am skeptical.   From your evasion and your flip flopping on whether you actually are buying avalons (you do not have an order, yet you typed up a prospectus saying you did) gives people a lot of reason to see this as a scam.   Your resistance to clearing it up just makes it more likely that there is nothing behind your words.   
People would have to be stupid to buy these shares on the assumption that they can dump them before everyone else does.

Yes, I have 6 Avalon's on order, but you was talking about the 100 Avalon order which is not in this offering.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: