Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:57:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should I delete post that are not discussing the merits of AMC in The AMC Thread?
Yes - 80 (41.9%)
No - 111 (58.1%)
Total Voters: 191

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 156 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [AMC]-The Official Active Mining Cooperative Discussion  (Read 223286 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:22:46 PM

Until at least May 2014, on the initial 40M, a minimum of 20M are retained for growth and expansion and a maximum of 20M can be sold to investors.
In May 2014, or when 0.0005 is payed by share, whichever happens later, an extra 60M are created, for the final total of 100M. On these remaining 60M, a minimum of 20M are retained for growth and expansion and a maximum of 40M can be sold to investors, with a 40M being retained by AMC/Ken.

Right, but *why* 100 million shares? This is a ridiculous number of shares compared to other securities (I mean, ASICminer has 40000 shares, a whole order of magnitude lower). This will just dilute existing shares, make it more difficult to sell shares (because there's always the possibility of flooding the market), and make a high valuation for the company so much harder to justify.

Why not 100M shares? The price per share compensates on the amount of them. This actually makes trading shares easier, look at TAT.AM for example, that divides each AM share by 100, so the 400.000 become, in fact, 40M, and the price adjusts itself accordingly.

As of the time of this writing, up to 40,000,000 will be released over time to the public on a varying time scale as capital is required to complete the project. Any remaining shares not included in the IPO are owned/maintained/controlled by AMC. These shares will be used at the issuers discretion for any uses deemed fit. These uses are not limited to, but may include employment.

Why not IPO all the shares at the same time, right at the beginning, but less of them?

Additionally, right now, how many shares have been issued, how many have been sold, and how many are held in reserve? Those shares which have not been issued aren't receiving dividends, are they? This goes on to my next point.

Because Ken is skipping on getting "free" profits from AMC now. All money is funneled into reinvestment. Around 6M are sold, and 34M in reserve. The 40M are "issued" by BitFunder unto AMC/Ken, when they were created.

Dividends paid on unissued shares after the early-adopter phase will be retained by AMC and added to AMC's growth and expansion fund above until the shares are issued.

So basically, you're diluting the dividends across both issued and unissued shares? First, from my limited reading, unissued/unsold shares don't receive a dividend, so it seems that proper accounting/shareholder practices are not being followed (Right now, 40 million shares have been issued, but have 40 million been sold, and thus eligible for dividends? And then when you issue another 60 million, you'll be diluting the dividend even more so. To even get close to the kinds of dividends other companies are seeing (0.01 btc/share), you'd have to mine something like 40,000 bitcoins per week, even more when it's 100 million shares.
All shares count as "issued" by BitFunder. The dividends are being paid into the 40M. All shares that are still on AMC/Ken receive dividends that are funneled into reinvestment (which makes sense). You can't also compare dividends/share with other companies because the price/share is very different. You can however compare dividends/share price.

The first time I get a piece of the pie will be after a year of work (May 2014), when the rest of the 60M are issued. At that time, more 20M can be sold to investors, and I retain the remaining 40M.

Again, what's the rationale for this? Why are you not making money on the shares now? Additionally, when you issue those 60 million shares, other investors are going to be screwed because the dividend will be split across 100 million, not 40 million.
Because Ken understands that it's much better to reinvest as much as possible right now into growth, than later. When the 60M are issued by BF, yes the dividends will be lower, but the "cooperative" value as a whole will be much better than now, and still increasing. This also rewards earlier investors that helped fund the initial stages of AMC.

As nice as these are, they don't really tell us much. Why all the secrecy? Why the NDA in the first place? Why not give this thing some bloody legitimacy instead of hiding behind a 'oh I'm sorry, but we *really* can't tell you all the details'. People are losing confidence because you're being so secretive!

You can buy AMC now with that risk, or buy AMC later with lesser risk. Share prices will correlate to risk at each time too, I'm sure. Just have to figure it out if you think Ken is lying or not.

Roughy, AMC takes care of the chips, VMC takes care of the machines:
- AMC develops the chip, pays the chip's NRE and sells the chip in bulk to customers (using VMC as intermediary).
- VMC uses AMC's chip (or any other chips) and builds bitcoin miners, paying a royalty cost to AMC whenever its IP is used.

Chip sales: AMC holds IP rights on the Fast-Hash-ONE chips, so AMC contracts with VMC the following services: (a) the representation services to negotiate chip production with eASIC and (b) the re-selling of AMC's chips in bulk. AMC also guarantees chip exclusivity to VMC, so that AMC won't negotiate a chip supply contract to any other bitcoin systems manufacturer. AMC gets 70% back from the profits on the sale of bulk chips, while VMC gets 30%. All of VMC's expenses, including representation, chip stock management and re-shipping expenses to final customers are taken from their 30% profit.

System sales: AMC also allows VMC to buy chips directly from eASIC at the lowest cost, for the manufacturing of bitcoin mining systems. On every sale of these systems or parts of it that contain AMC chips or IP, AMC receives a 10% royalty fee from the total gross sales revenue. Example: if a customer purchases a system for ฿100, AMC receives ฿10, whatever the profit margins for VMC are.

Jesus this is complicated... First off, why not just merge the companies, rather than messing around with something like this convoluted set up?

Second off, how is VMC funded? Where does it get its cashflow from?

Third, why does AMC need VMC to re-sell its chips in bulk? Why can't AMC handle that itself? So, you bulk-sell chips to VMC, VMC sells them on, AMC gets 70% of the profits, VMC 30%? Why do it like that? Why  not just have AMC/VMC together, AMC sells the chips and it receives 100% of the profits from these sales?

Fourth, AMC sells chips to VMC, VMC then makes full mining systems (I'm guessing like the jalapenos etc), VMC then sells them on? I get the 10% royalty fee, but where does the other 90% go to? To VMC? And that's owned by who? So AMC does all the heavy lifting, sells its chips for a fee (presumably all of that profit goes 100% to AMC), and then basically only gets 10% royalty fee for something they could sell themselves for 100BTC and get 100% of the profit? You can see why that kind of sucks.  

Ugh, my head hurts trying to filter through all the BS, FUD, techno-babble and nonsense in this thread, just to get at some proper bloody answers. I should be entirely open and say that I have invested in this company, but I'm doing my 'due diligence' after the fact, so shame on me perhaps, but nevertheless, there are some serious gaps here that need addressed asap, preferably in a easy to digest summary. I often get the feeling that in anything bitcoin related, people hide behind the razzle-dazzle of vocabulary and jargon. K.I.S.S.

Using this setup AMC/VMC works like any large GPU manufacturer tbh. For example, nVidia designs and produces their chips and reference boards, and sells them to Asus for example. Exactly same model.

VMC is privately held by Ken atm, but I think I've read him talk about opening it to public, just like AMC.

AMC is getting a clean 70% of profits with no incurring expenses. You can't get "100% of profits" because there are always expenses to pay. Anyway like I said, same model as nVidia, AMD, atc.

About the mining systems, AMC gets 10% of the top, but it's VMC that has to buy all the equipment, parts, labor, etc. Don't forget about those. AMC has no expenses here, just 10% clean profit of the top (gross income).
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lewicki

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:23:03 PM

This is the satellite image of the address that Ken used for VMC's "Principal place of business" as stated in the NDA picture he posted today:

Ok?
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:26:09 PM

This is the satellite image of the address that Ken used for VMC's "Principal place of business" as stated in the NDA picture he posted today:

Ok?

I found it kind of weird that its just his house, seeing as how he says theres an office somewhere.
Vbs

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:29:23 PM

Ok?

I found it kind of weird that its just his house, seeing as how he says theres an office somewhere.

Sure, I would be happy to meet with you at our NEW manufacturing site, which is 450 H S Union, Springfield Missouri, 65802.  Just let me know when you are going to be here.  Thanks for pointing out the typo on our site, I will get that fixed.  However, you get a trademark by using it.  It only needs to be registered if you are going to sue someone.  I see you did not mention axs.net which I own and has been registered since 1997 along with name-servers.net.  Our prototype boards are being spun up as we speak, should be here within a week, Avalon sample chips have been shipped to us for these boards.  Anything else?  

Near the Springfield Fight Club, am I seeing it right? Grin Grin Grin

You better behave now!!! Grin Grin Grin
steveioio

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:34:14 PM

Indeed that is the address I posted yesterday after finding it buried in the terms and conditions of Kens old web hosting site (circa 2011) axs.net. The first time he revealed it here (in the pdfs today) was after I posted it last night.

It is either his home address, or perhaps a friends or a complete strangers address ie someone he doesn't know.

When you don't need mail to come through to you (or use a mail box for business mail) then you can pretty much pretend you live anywhere. When you post an alleged address on a website or quote it when you meet another businessman to sign a contract who is going to check it's your real address? That's one reason why dodgy business companies use mail boxes. Ken may have never been to this house so him saying it's his home address ads no aspect of trust or security.
Vbs

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:42:14 PM

Indeed that is the address I posted yesterday after finding it buried in the terms and conditions of Kens old web hosting site (circa 2011) axs.net. The first time he revealed it here (in the pdfs today) was after I posted it last night.

It is either his home address, or perhaps a friends or a complete strangers address ie someone he doesn't know.

When you don't need mail to come through to you (or use a mail box for business mail) then you can pretty much pretend you live anywhere. When you post an alleged address on a website or quote it when you meet another businessman to sign a contract who is going to check it's your real address? That's one reason why dodgy business companies use mail boxes. Ken may have never been to this house so him saying it's his home address ads no aspect of trust or security.

Posted on the 10th June 2013:
Sure, I would be happy to meet with you at our NEW manufacturing site, which is 450 H S Union, Springfield Missouri, 65802.  Just let me know when you are going to be here.  Thanks for pointing out the typo on our site, I will get that fixed.  However, you get a trademark by using it.  It only needs to be registered if you are going to sue someone.  I see you did not mention axs.net which I own and has been registered since 1997 along with name-servers.net.  Our prototype boards are being spun up as we speak, should be here within a week, Avalon sample chips have been shipped to us for these boards.  Anything else?  
carnitastaco

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:46:19 PM

that address was all over the whois info for Kslaughters various business websites, I found it in multiple places in May when I was researching, its definitely not new.
steveioio

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:48:04 PM

Sorry Vbs I don't know what you are getting at.
Does this answer it? - We have known Ken owned axs for some time - he declared his 'previous business experience' on his run down but it's the home address I uncovered last night that I don't think has been on here before.
FloatesMcgoates

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:51:22 PM

450 HS Union, Springfield Missouri is currently in use by the Springfield Fight Club?

http://springfieldfightclub.com/contact.php
steveioio

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:51:47 PM

that address was all over the whois info for Kslaughters various business websites, I found it in multiple places in May when I was researching, its definitely not new.

OK that's fair enough I've not seen it on this thread before and no one commented on it yesterday. I don't think Ken has revealed this address on here till today was my point and as I said it proves not much atall except he's been using it for a few years. That would suggest he does have access to the mail at the address but not conclusively.
lolstate

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:55:21 PM

Ok?

Stupid kid.
steveioio

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:55:29 PM

450 HS Union, Springfield Missouri is currently in use by the Springfield Fight Club?

Maybe someone could give them a call - it might save a long drive for someone? I would hate for some board member to barge into this place demanding to see Ken and the machines - it might get a bit...dramatic.
Vbs

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 09:56:16 PM

Sorry Vbs I don't know what you are getting at.
Does this answer it? - We have known Ken owned axs for some time - he declared his 'previous business experience' on his run down but it's the home address I uncovered last night that I don't think has been on here before.

Ah ok! Got it! Smiley
carnitastaco

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:03:28 PM

OK that's fair enough I've not seen it on this thread before and no one commented on it yesterday. I don't think Ken has revealed this address on here till today was my point and as I said it proves not much atall except he's been using it for a few years. That would suggest he does have access to the mail at the address but not conclusively.

yeah to be fair, the research I was doing was in regard to my belief that Kenneth E Slaughter was a made up individual.  I'm not really 100% convinced that he isn't, and if I'd actually been interested in investing in AMC I would have hired someone to go knock on the door of that house and see who answered.
carnitastaco

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:04:34 PM

umm, no.  reading comprehension man.  Kslaughter is claiming to be 450 S union, unit H.  Fight club is 450 S union, Unit L.
carnitastaco

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:10:18 PM

Maybe someone could give them a call - it might save a long drive for someone? I would hate for some board member to barge into this place demanding to see Ken and the machines - it might get a bit...dramatic.

btw, dont remember anyone posting about this- on axs.net, there is a link at the bottom that says: "powered by million dollar web hosting" the link to milliondollarwebhosting.com is dead.

There's a separate entity, milliondollarhosting.net, that doesn't seem to have anything to do with him.
lolstate

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:11:03 PM

Before you all have a group hug I'd like to point out a few things.

1) This meeting hasn't happened yet. It may be promised but until it actually happens no investor or potential investor should be getting excited or making any decisions based on these few exchanges on an internet thread.

2) If Ken has rented a large unit and you guys get evidence (pictures/video) of it up here it would not matter if there was not yet a significant amount of assembly going on because him having the space ready for machines is a good sign. A good sign that he intends to sell mining rigs and mine BTC under the banner of VMC - none of which you have shares in. Your shares are in AMC and that gives you very limited security about future dividends. So essentially even if Ken does set up a BTC farm and sells mining rigs AMC holders have no guarantee of any proceeds because Ken can walk away from AMC at anytime and sit on VMC by himself raking it in.

3) Please read point 2 again and think hard about it. This unit (should it exist) is, according to Kens site, the headquarters of VMC. Not AMC but VMC. All machines in this site (should it exist) belong to VMC not AMC. At anytime Ken can for reasons of, lets say not having enough hashing power to split dividends with the shareholders, walk away from AMC. And there is nothing a lawyer could do about it, his contract allows him to do it and if he does your shares would go to zero overnight. Oh and Ken would be even richer, there is no downside to him doing it.

None of that is being negative - the contract has been written specifically to allow the severance of VMC from AMC.

Until points 1 and 2 are addressed without any uncertainty you have no safeguards about your investment - absolutely none.

steveioio, you said you were leaving this thread and would check back sometime in the future. Now you are back 90 mins later chucking FUD!

I can forgive people going a little crazy on internet forums, after all it is a fairly safe environment to throw insults, but my, you take it to a whole new level. What's the problem? Have you been burnt so badly you have turned into a hater of everything Bitcoin? Are you and Megamouth tag teaming FUD to keep AMC's share price suppressed until your options expire? I'm not particularly interested in the source of your issues, but you do have some.
steveioio

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:14:25 PM

umm, no.  reading comprehension man.  Kslaughter is claiming to be 450 S union, unit H.  Fight club is 450 S union, Unit L.

Here it is on google maps. If you zoom in on the signage to the right you'll see Unit H when this picture was taken was occupied by 'Air Capital' and there seems to be a similar named company in Unit G.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=450+S+Union+Ave+Unit+L+Springfield,+MO+65802&ll=37.204372,-93.233435&spn=0.014989,0.033023&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&channel=rcs&hnear=450+S+Union+Ave,+Springfield,+Greene,+Missouri+65802,+United+States&gl=uk&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=37.204462,-93.233441&panoid=S8_sWWXUAeIhC3y1rwgsgA&cbp=12,99.66,,0,1.33

EDIT - all the 450 Units are in the building on the left, the building behind the sign is 452.
lolstate

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:16:29 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2013, 11:28:15 PM by lolstate

Property tax records are on the web for most places in the US.

You should be able to look up who owns that residence.

Entropy, why are you back here tag teaming as a trifecta: you, steveioio and Megamouth?! You deleted your last posts on this thread to bury your bullying. Planning on doing the same again?

What a bunch of fakes we have to contend with.

Edit: the chronologically obsessed among us might have noticed the sudden reappearance of steveioio, MM and Entropy within minutes of each other, so concluded there was some connection Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
steveioio

View Profile
July 01, 2013, 10:18:39 PM

steveioio, you said you were leaving this thread and would check back sometime in the future. Now you are back 90 mins later chucking FUD!

I can forgive people going a little crazy on internet forums, after all it is a fairly safe environment to throw insults, but my, you take it to a whole new level. What's the problem? Have you been burnt so badly you have turned into a hater of everything Bitcoin? Are you and Megamouth tag teaming FUD to keep AMC's share price suppressed until your options expire? I'm not particularly interested in the source of your issues, but you do have some.

Hi lolstate - I was staying away but the the meet was arranged and so I wanted to give some more input. I've been trying to make sure people have an understanding of the contract and the general situation that's all. If there is anything factually incorrect in my last few posts let us all know.
Pages: « 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 [102] 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 ... 156 »
  Print  

Jump to: