Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:38:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [irregularities] Mass Network  (Read 91819 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
DaddyH

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 11:37:07 AM

What are the plans for using the 30% of all funds raised and retained by Mass staff? Can you elaborate how this will be spent? I assume this isn't just being reserved for individuals within the company.

◇◆  STRATIS  ◇  BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTIONS  ◆◇
◇◇◆ BLOCKCHAIN AS A SERVICE [BAAS] PRIVATE CHAINS ◆◇◇
| FULL NODE GITHUB | STRATIS WEBSITE | FORUM THREAD |
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
massnetwork

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 12:41:30 PM

What are the plans for using the 30% of all funds raised and retained by Mass staff? Can you elaborate how this will be spent? I assume this isn't just being reserved for individuals within the company.

Of course, it is not just a distribution among the team memebrs. The plan is very sophisticated. Soon we will publish the detailed statement about that in the "Updates" section of the site about this. http://blog.mass.network
DaddyH

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:08:48 PM

Of course, it is not just a distribution among the team memebrs. The plan is very sophisticated. Soon we will publish the detailed statement about that in the "Updates" section of the site about this. http://blog.mass.network

Thanks. I might/probably will invest once I can see a breakdown of this 30%. Do you have an ETA for this update?

massnetwork

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:12:53 PM

Thanks. I might/probably will invest once I can see a breakdown of this 30%. Do you have an ETA for this update?

should be able to finish it over the weekend.
DaddyH

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:21:10 PM

Look forward to reading it.

coinbuyer2580

Activity: 276

View Profile
September 02, 2016, 07:24:49 PM

I will be watching this project closely
mtnsaa
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 07:38:23 PM

This looks interesting, is there any translation bounties available? I can do the spanish one.

Thanks.
massnetwork

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:10:52 PM

Look forward to reading it.

Please be updated: http://blog.mass.network/mass-network-economic-model/
massnetwork

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:14:37 PM

This looks interesting, is there any translation bounties available? I can do the spanish one.

Thanks.

I will update you once we have the bounty anno.
massnetwork

View Profile
September 04, 2016, 10:16:15 PM

I will be watching this project closely

Thank you. You are welcome to join the discussion on the economic issues here: http://blog.mass.network/mass-network-economic-model/
hevra

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:25:06 AM

Still can't understand difference from Brave( But looks interesting. Could someone please resume for me differ between Brave and MASS?
adonai

Activity: 139
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 11:26:31 AM

Still can't understand difference from Brave( But looks interesting. Could someone please resume for me differ between Brave and MASS?

It's obvious. MASS includes kind of marketplace for advertisers and customers, if I understood correctly. So it's not just a browser or adBlocker it's an complex network.
hevra

Activity: 20

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 12:40:58 PM

So, the MASS token - it's just colored coin in Bitcoin blockchain?
massnetwork

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:24:06 PM

What makes mass different from Brave?
Shrt answer: we don't replace someone elses ads with ours (which is illegal in most places).

Long answer:
Two things deffer us: (1) conflict of interests cleverly managed; (2) Mass money is not just for paying consumers.

A massive adoption of any software that incorporates filtering of ads and user data tracking in any form inevitably generates a conflict of interests. The size of the problem for advertisers is already huge and growing.

The main distinction of Mass from its rivals is in the way it handles this inescapable conflict of interests adblocking creates. Let’s look at the participating contractors. There is a handful of business segments with hundreds of large multinational companies. The real-time bidding framework in the online advertising business is remarkably complex. There are dozens of linkage points where money/services flows have a long history of evolving relations.

Up to date, many ad-blocking businesses has been choosing the simplest path—just ignoring the existing ecosystem. They would cut off some portion of an audience from the regular marketplace, seize attention, and impose their only rules. Rules may vary from one extreme of ignoring the advertisement world totally and relying on user donations to an extreme of unlawfully replacing existing ads with their own ones. Somewhere in between these extremes, other adblocking businesses follow a less marginal trail and practice a spot cooperation with certain ad networks. We consider that as a vague and deficient strategy.

RTB space is very complex. These are the numerous partakers in the morally questionable business of exploiting user data. Digital advertising industry is busy, lucrative, and muddy place. Can an outsider possibly build new junctions on all the business borders you see in this picture? We strongly doubt! Thus, this obvious hopelessness results in a commonly taken defamiliarization approach in the adblocking business.

We at Mass Network also admit that an adblocking business can not manage to install its agents into all important interconnecting points in the RTB world. Think of it as of jungle inhabited by many species interlocked into a complex food chain. Consumer’s attention is the food and ad inventory is the oxygen for those living in this pyramid. All known attempts of meddling the ecosystem lead to an ecological catastrophe. Presenting alien powerful species to an ecosystem and plotting it into any spot in the food chain inevitably disbalances the entire biota like rabbits did in Australia.

Mass found quite a sane solution to this problem. We do not ignore the jungle; we do not introduce new species to the jungle; we stay in the jungle but package food into various plastics and supply various oxygen-dependent ferments that can dissolve our plastics using strict chemical laws. Plastic in this analogy is Mass data protection. Ferments are the Mass Coin proprietary blockchain-based currency that is to be presented to a number of independent market makers operating on several cryptocurrency exchanges.

Mass Money make a difference!

While our competitors use the “we’re paying our consumers” attribute as purely a marketing trick—which is a good and fair thing to do too—Mass introduces the money aspect in a much more comprehensive, scientific way. Mass money is not just to please a consumer with micropayments for browsing; it is meant to serve as a circulation system for all participants, including dozens of business segments in the RTB framework. Mass money allows protected-by-Mass consumers to participate in the existing advertising framework to any extent they wish with any customization they are willing to apply.

Of course, any advertising world player from any business segment would need to buy some mass coins to include mass-protected consumers into the revenue. But that is the minimum inconvenience. And, getting back to where we started from, it is the admen’s problem that adblocker eat up their revenue. That’s them who let the situation to such a poor condition that someone from the cryptocurrency world has to come and fix it. 

massnetwork

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 01:26:27 PM

So, the MASS token - it's just colored coin in Bitcoin blockchain?

By technical implementation - it is.

Although, saying that that does not explain any of its real properties.

Mass Coin is designed to serve the health of the advertising economy, of course, but it also suits interests of both long-term investors and middle-term speculators.

The one-time issuance principle guarantees the growth of value as long as the ecosystem doesn’t stagnate. Unlike the most of  the “app coins”, Mass Coin has an application in its core that is in high demand.
Advertising affects everyone and involves a lot of money. Tracking is becoming a really big issue, not only in advertising but elsewhere, on different occasions.

Stage 1: Initial Coin Offering

There are two stages involved in Mass Coin’s distribution: one to be distributed immediately after the ICO period and the rest to be distributed during an indefinitely long time, with distribution tempo ever decreasing. ICO goes until December 1, whatever is accumulated until then — gets distributed among the participants. The larger part goes to immediate distribution. There are several reasons for this.
The system will need immediate liquidity (more market makers) after the product launch by the end of the year, thus many potential independent sellers of the currency are needed: someone will have to sell coins to advertisers.

Another reason is that examples of other systems indicate the opposite balance (majority to be distributed over a long time after the ICO) doesn’t lead to system stability. At least it is far from being enough to make the system any better.

Considering that in real life the majority of money is owned by the large stakeholders such as banks and states, it is going to work. When people say the current global money system is decadent, they forget to add that no other system has proven to be viable yet. The current balance of money in the world is the result of a long, evolutionary process. As any evolution, it shows results that might seem strange in design but at least they are viable by definition.

Stage 2: Continuous Distribution

The remaining 30% will go towards continuous distribution. Anyone who runs Application, as well as the webmasters of Websites will be able to receive money every day, according to the involvement measures. These measures include:
Visiting specific sites (growing number in the partner list);
Time spent online visiting many sites (staying long at one site doesn’t count);
Completing surveys, answering questions about yourself and your preferences, helping to clarify your advertisement-oriented profile;
Assisting the system by discovering and reporting botnets and other abuses;
Referring other people, bringing them to the system.
Gaining Tags.
Along the way, the measures of the difficulty of distribution will increase for each parameter. However, the value of money will go up too, and also, users can customize a lot of things in Application’s UI, maximizing one type of participation in continuous distribution or another.
cryptospreader

Activity: 504

askNFTY Team Account

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2016, 01:57:06 PM

You have a long distribution roadmap content to read. However, you would have a very good ICO campaign this year. Good luck.
massnetwork

View Profile
September 05, 2016, 03:17:11 PM

You have a long distribution roadmap content to read. However, you would have a very good ICO campaign this year. Good luck.

Thank you!
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 12:27:05 AM
Last edit: September 06, 2016, 12:46:00 AM by drays

Finally something refreshing - a project really targeted at real-world use Smiley

When reading the OP, I had an impression this is another scam coin. However after reading the whitepaper, I am impressed.
I would suggest to review the OP text - it sounds unprofessional and fishy, while the whitepaper is greatly composed and is also pleasure and fun to read Smiley

I would be very interested to see how this goes forward. You guys seem to understand what you are doing!

Good luck with this ambitious project!

One question - why do you run as a coloured coin instead of altcoin? I know Bitcoin blockchain is very secure, but isn't running as coloured coin have drawbacks? I am not an expert, so my concerns may sound stupid, but anyway
- do you know at least one solid project currently implemented and colored coin?
- is it worth to overload Bitcoin chain with other solid asset, which may require tremendous amount of transactions..?
- what about TX fee and block times on BTC chain - do you think they are suitable for asset needing huge amounts of micro-transactions..?

Did you consider using IOTA (or launch tangle-based new coin) to reduce (actually bring to zero) TX fees? It is also fixed supply tech, which is one of your requirements.
If fixed supply requirement is what stops you from running a new altcoin chain, then this could be resolved by making the coin Proof-of-stake with zero rewards. All active nodes in the network will forcefully stake, so the network could move without creating new money emission. Just an idea  Undecided

Again, sorry if my concerns above sound weird, it first time I actually came across anything run as coloured coins on BTC blockchain, so excuse my ignorance.

And one more question, which mostly refers to future prospects of the project... What are your plans
(a) on making the browser/extensions popular among users (will funds be used for advertizing, payed articles at emagazines etc)?
(b) on attracting webmasters and making them pay? Growth of the userbase will surely attract them, but... this is two-sided process - userbase will grow as soon as users get actually paid...

In other words, what are the business plans on propagation into the market..?

... this space is not for rent ...
Kharchenko

Activity: 37

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 06:37:01 AM

OK, interesting, but why should I use Mass Network instead of other services, e.g. VertaMedia? Why Mass is better than VertaMedia?
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
September 06, 2016, 07:55:09 AM

ICO lasting time is tooooo long...

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: