Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:03:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  
Author Topic: how strong is bitcoin really?  (Read 55521 times)
Salazarian

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:21:36 PM

We know that bitcoin is strong and all the wallets have milletry grade security but one of my stupid friend today said that maybe someone can hack it with just a calculater because with math and correct formulas we can even predict gambling bets if that is possible then maybe there is any chance of this
Bitcoin works on a secured block chain mechanism.Wallets are well secured.Nothing would happen nas your friend imagines.If it is true,then no none would be having their bitcoins in their wallets and every bitcoin would have been hacked.
yes that is very right to say that bitcoin is very safe and there is nothing wrong to bitcoin security, i think it is more safe as secure as it work with new technology of blockchain which is more secure.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:59:34 PM

Bitcoin is inherently strong and also very immutable, which is why the scaling debate isn't going anywhere.

The good thing is that it transfers the responsibility from evil banks to the user.  So if anything is hacked, it's not Bitcoin's fault, it's the user's fault.  Hence why Mt. Gox collapsing doesn't mean that Bitcoin was hacked, it means that they were.
And because of that people are shifting on a larger scale from banking system to bitcoin technology. they now do not feel any fear with their money in this technology and are able to manager all the things related to their money and financial affairs.
and which is really making bitcoin more and more stronger, to me the strength of bitcoin is depending on the user of bitcoin. as soon as the number of bitcoin users will increase bitcoin will become more and more stronger.
Lecam

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:22:40 AM

We know that bitcoin is strong and all the wallets have milletry grade security but one of my stupid friend today said that maybe someone can hack it with just a calculater because with math and correct formulas we can even predict gambling bets if that is possible then maybe there is any chance of this
Maybe its possible if they got all the information about your wallet especially your email. Most hacker now they hack first the email then after that all access to the wallet are they change. That why keep safe your email to protect your bitcoin wallet.
dasana212

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:38:05 AM

Bitcoin is built with a strong security system and is not vulnerable to hacking by hackers.
More and more bitcoin users in different countries certainly add strength to bitcoin
Finestream

Activity: 3010
Merit: 604

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:43:13 AM

Bitcoin is built with a strong security system and is not vulnerable to hacking by hackers.
More and more bitcoin users in different countries certainly add strength to bitcoin
The more the stronger we are, that is why we are looking for more adopters so the price increase will be base on their real demand.
Without adoption, we will only see a manipulated price which will not benefit the majority since whales has all the power to do that in their favor.
Volume of adopters will result to a bigger price increase and that would prove that we are a strong community.

MoneyIsDebt

Activity: 642

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:34:47 AM

bitcoin is not so strong enough in case of security and it can be hacked as it happen during the bitfinex attack. well the bitcoin is so strong that it can run without any government people and it can totally by itself for the world to keep going.
No, I think bitcoin is strong enough and enough security for us to use. The security of bitcoin is very high if we know how to use it, and no hacker can penetrate and steal our bitcoin. The important thing is your usage, it affects the outcome of this conversation. I'm sure, if you are a careful person, you will never lose any money.
yes there is no doubt about that bitcoin is strong enough, i think bitcoin will continue to become more and more stronger,  because the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time and very soon all the people of the world will start using bitcoin.
progress is little bit slow but we cannot deny the fact that it is gaining popularity and progressing day by day. it is strong or not i think depends upon the user of it. the way more or more users attract toward it it will become more or more stronger that is a fact.
oktana

Activity: 1582
Merit: 281

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 06:41:39 AM

bitcoin is not so strong enough in case of security and it can be hacked as it happen during the bitfinex attack. well the bitcoin is so strong that it can run without any government people and it can totally by itself for the world to keep going.
No, I think bitcoin is strong enough and enough security for us to use. The security of bitcoin is very high if we know how to use it, and no hacker can penetrate and steal our bitcoin. The important thing is your usage, it affects the outcome of this conversation. I'm sure, if you are a careful person, you will never lose any money.
yes there is no doubt about that bitcoin is strong enough, i think bitcoin will continue to become more and more stronger,  because the users of bitcoin are increasing from time to time and very soon all the people of the world will start using bitcoin.
progress is little bit slow but we cannot deny the fact that it is gaining popularity and progressing day by day. it is strong or not i think depends upon the user of it. the way more or more users attract toward it it will become more or more stronger that is a fact.

If we keep looking back as it did in mt GOX, bitfinnex, poloniex, and even bitcointalk been exposed to hackers, we will never go forward and optimistic, indeed the reality is now security has been greatly improved. We are looking for is not the perfection of system is going to be easy, but development continuously since we happen to witness live for a perfect trip for bitcoin in the future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
terrate

Activity: 362
Merit: 100

Newbie in online currency , love learning

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 06:45:46 AM

If we keep looking back as it did in mt GOX, bitfinnex, poloniex, and even bitcointalk been exposed to hackers, we will never go forward and optimistic, indeed the reality is now security has been greatly improved. We are looking for is not the perfection of system is going to be easy, but development continuously since we happen to witness live for a perfect trip for bitcoin in the future.

After those main btc exchange got hacked, really less thing like that happened.
So more development more ppl using and even blockchain tech.
bitcoin quite safe now, even got time to came out  " hardfork" thing ><
bitcoin like gold of coin, so i trust btc for future ^^
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 07:56:23 AM

bitcoin is built with a strong foundation and system comes with strong security so it is not easy for a thief to take over, the current weakness in bitcoin as possible about legality
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:03:44 AM

Because of the decentralization of bitcoin none of the government can't control it. I think that one can be considered as one of the power of bitcoin and it shows how strong bitcoin it is now.

Exactly, this is how bitcoin is powerful. No one can govern bitcoin because of its being decentralize, and even the government cannot handle its feature so some just decided to ban it. but they never succeed.
posternat

Activity: 798

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:14:11 AM

bitcoin is built with a strong foundation and system comes with strong security so it is not easy for a thief to take over, the current weakness in bitcoin as possible about legality

Bitcoin, our number one crypto currency is safe without the government supervision I guess, they cannot control the movement of its value. Govt. will have to accept it one day, even though they do not like it currently.
rikybrosh

Activity: 478
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 08:29:18 AM

Even Hacker is difficult to attack bitcoin network, becasue It does not has data center. so We do not uave to worry about bitcoin has strong security.

DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 09:11:42 AM

Even Hacker is difficult to attack bitcoin network, becasue It does not has data center. so We do not uave to worry about bitcoin has strong security.
I think you're wrong because if the hackers cannot hack any related to bitcoin then what are the past incidents that happened? Like the blockchain has been hacked a thousands of bitcoin just got stole but the hacker give it back and also the hacked exchangers got hacked last year and stole a lot of bitcoins also. There is no safe in internet and anything can be bypass and hacked even bitcoin.
Japinat

Activity: 2954
Merit: 680

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:24:17 AM

I think you're wrong because if the hackers cannot hack any related to bitcoin then what are the past incidents that happened? Like the blockchain has been hacked a thousands of bitcoin just got stole but the hacker give it back and also the hacked exchangers got hacked last year and stole a lot of bitcoins also. There is no safe in internet and anything can be bypass and hacked even bitcoin.
That's why bitcoin is very risky but still people are trusting it, we learn from experience and we are getting ready for possible hacks. This days, the hacking incidents has been lessened and that means the crypto currency community are getting stronger, one of the reason is that we are surrounded with smart people both (good and bad) but majority are good people and they will protect the interest of bitcoin because they are also making money on it.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 11:44:18 AM

EDIT: I might have understood the message the wrong way. If a computer can predict a gambling result with math formulas, it makes it pretty ... impossible .. to crack a private key. That's just one private key. What about all the private keys around the world?

Cracking a private key is not like cracking a password

A private key and password encryption are entirely different things conceptually. In other words, you are guaranteed to crack a password only by bruteforcing it. There can be weak passwords but we are considering the issue conceptually, right? So there is no workaround or backdoor, which you could use instead of bruteforcing. This is not the case with private keys. There can be cryptographic vulnerabilities in the hashing algo which would allow you to speed up things significantly. In other words, you don't need to find the exact private key which was used to generate a given public key. You just need to find any private key that would produce the same hash that matches the public key (and the number of such private keys is in fact infinite). That's the primary difference between cracking a password and a private key

Gaaara

Activity: 1106
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:18:45 PM

Yeah right, not even Einstein can do that. Perfectly predicting a percentage rate is something that only with a mind more than human can do, maybe in the future that can be done but as of today we still need to improve technologies to do such things. But when it comes to hacking an account it is truly possible, all you need is some information, technologies and you're good to go, you can hack any account base on your knowledge and skills.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:25:48 PM

Agree with you and the hacker is much intelligent than the developer, they are much advance knowledge in everything because that is their work they are expert by doing that.
The only think we do is to keep our online wallet secured and do not share our pin in anybody.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 12:33:20 PM

The whole concept of cryptocurrencies is to make the best way possible to secure the transfer and ownership of money. Of course, there are several levels of security, when you are talking about in the way you access your BTC. (Hot/Cold) wallets, paper wallets, hardware wallets, exchanges, all have good/bad features. Use them wisely.

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:39:46 PM

Your friend is starting hit borderline retarded levels when it comes to oversimplifying how Bitcoin and it's security works. You can't calculate things that have a specific encryption key just because you have the right formulas. If that was how it worked encryption would be useless and nothing would work when it comes to any form of security. Tell him to go and read how encryption works and why it isn't just "some math calculation".

When you look deep in to bitcoin blockchain network you should finally discover the power blockchain encryption is not something that a person can mess with, whether you have the right formulas or not.

If we're to talking about the encryption, first we need the know the type of encryption first which is [SHA256] this is not a type of encryption algorithm to be mess with, because you can never break it with simple calculator even with the right formulas.

Bitcoin survived all these years because it's unbreakable yet easy share among ourselves, calculating a single blockchain network transaction will consume enormous amount of time even with super computers talk less of using mini gadgetries so called calculators.  
Maslate

Activity: 2982
Merit: 677

Message @Hhampuz if you are looking for a CM!

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 12:48:49 PM

The whole concept of cryptocurrencies is to make the best way possible to secure the transfer and ownership of money. Of course, there are several levels of security, when you are talking about in the way you access your BTC. (Hot/Cold) wallets, paper wallets, hardware wallets, exchanges, all have good/bad features. Use them wisely.
There is no system that is perfect, therefore hacking could be possible and they are preventing this hacks by improving their
security from time to time. Most of the target of hacks are exchanges but people are more wiser now due to experience, they
do not put their money in one wallet, they diversify it.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 »
  Print  

Jump to: