Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:21:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191717 times)
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:51:48 AM

I will next work on barterDEX'ing BTC, as painfully slow as that is. It used to work and I dont think I broke it, so it shouldnt take too long to verify it, but it does have to deal with dynamically calculated txfees, which can easily make ordermatch reject things as the ordermatch protocol is quite strict currently.

I guess after that, what is left to do is to get the default LP nodes funded with a variety of coins and have some sort of realtime pricing based on..., not sure what to base it on as there is little reference, so maybe I will just set some crazy low prices for the early birds to make some free money with.

Please dont complain if you miss out on the totally underpriced coins that I will initialize the LP nodes with
jl777B

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 12:30:06 PM
Last edit: June 28, 2017, 12:45:18 PM by jl777B

added a "gui" field to the barterDEX startup json so we can track which GUI is most used.

For those that missed it, we are offering multiple 10,000 KMD bounties for barterDEX GUI. At a minimum it needs to support KMD, BTC and the assetchains and be an original implementation. Preferably from a slightly different point of view than the other GUI.

This is about $20,000 per GUI at today's prices and of course once we get one or more GUI for barterDEX that people are happy with, the price is expected to reflect that.

Just contact me if you feel you are able to make such a GUI with some rough ideas (screenshots) and I will reserve the 10,000 KMD for your GUI completion. By complete, that means real users actually using it as evidenced by the "gui" field set to your GUI for completed transactions in the stats records of the atomic swaps.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 03:36:58 PM

SuperNET Blockchains United Presentation at BANZ, Auckland, NZ.

jl777B

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:47:28 PM

added a "gui" field to the barterDEX startup json so we can track which GUI is most used.

For those that missed it, we are offering multiple 10,000 KMD bounties for barterDEX GUI. At a minimum it needs to support KMD, BTC and the assetchains and be an original implementation. Preferably from a slightly different point of view than the other GUI.

This is about $20,000 per GUI at today's prices and of course once we get one or more GUI for barterDEX that people are happy with, the price is expected to reflect that.

Just contact me if you feel you are able to make such a GUI with some rough ideas (screenshots) and I will reserve the 10,000 KMD for your GUI completion. By complete, that means real users actually using it as evidenced by the "gui" field set to your GUI for completed transactions in the stats records of the atomic swaps.

There will be some common sense assumptions to the barterDEX GUI bounties:

Working GUI must be deployed within some reasonable timeframe, I am thinking 2 to 3 months
A limit to the number of different GUI projects that will have bounty reserved. In the event they dont meet the deadline, then an alternate would be eligible.

To spice things up, I am considering a usability contest where the most used GUI gets an additional bonus. By having a specific deadline for tallying the usage, this incentives an early release, but of course if it is early but not so good, it wont get much usage.

Still undecided on the cutoff for the usage tally and I am also considering supplementing the usage tally with a poll of this thread. That would have less weight than the usage. And a final component which would be made by me only in the event that some technically deficient version was winning to ensure that the bonus doesnt go to some version that has technical issues but still gets a lot of usage.

Something like usage 50%, poll results 25%, technical 25%

The bonus amount I want to be big enough to get some project management types to manage a few devs. To achieve this effect, I am proposing a $100,000 USD equivalent of KMD (max of 50,000)

So if you can manage a barterDEX GUI project, you can get it accepted as a bounty setaside to make sure that you recoup your costs and also get a shot at the $100,000 bonus. In addition to the nice money bonus, the winning GUI will become the official barterDEX GUI, which will of course establish whoever created this to be a bona fide award winning GUI dev (team).

It looks like we will get not only an Agama barterDEX, but also a simple html, a swing wallet and a QT wallet, with more likely to enter the contest.

I think the timing for the contest would be based on a time delay from when the first viable barterDEX GUI is released, say 2 months after that event.

Feedback appreciated, this is an idea that is in the process of being formed so now is the time for feedback before it becomes set. The 10,000 per GUI is already set, but the number of approved GUI projects is not and the specific way the winning GUI will be selected is not finalized

jl777B

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 07:57:17 PM

I will continue to add api calls to barterDEX, especially regarding price history, and I can also make custom api calls to help the GUI devs. So if you are a GUI dev and need a new api call, just ask

With the barterDEX core, we can have an exchange of the native coin utxos directly. This is already working at the command line level, but I know how much everybody hates using the command line. So we will incentivize many GUIs, in addition to the inhouse ones.

The HUSH dev team is already starting on a GUI and I expect VRC/VRM team will also. Maybe there are other coins that want to get a barterDEX customized for their coin and have a chance at $100,000 at the same time
particulier101

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:06:10 PM

Hi all !
I got back in BTCD cause of the market ...

How shall I take the swap regarrding KOMODO and or BTCD ...
Is the swap urgent and what is the dead line (Janv 2008) ?
Is there any risk to stay in BTCD regarding its rate ?
And finally, if Komo / BTCD rate is fixed about 50, how is runing the cours BTCD or COMODO Huh

Thanks guys, I c a nice comunity over ther ...

good luck !
anteroh

Activity: 8

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:29:09 PM

My first post to the whole forum...

So about the BTCD swap. I just noticed that there is this swap thing going on but it seems that the related site https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ is down. So I'm a bit confused how to proceed with the swap? If anyone could give me info how/where that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

A
MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:44:19 PM

From the last time I read about KMD, I'd say it come a long way and will continue to prosper as it nears the date of JUMBLR snapshot . Never thought that komodo has also a polymorphic property in its DNA. It is a kinda feeling that JUMBLR won't be the last asset to be spawn out of KMD. So HODL.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
LazyBone

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 28, 2017, 11:45:09 PM

To spice things up, I am considering a usability contest where the most used GUI gets an additional bonus. By having a specific deadline for tallying the usage, this incentives an early release, but of course if it is early but not so good, it wont get much usage.

The bonus amount I want to be big enough to get some project management types to manage a few devs. To achieve this effect, I am proposing a $100,000 USD equivalent of KMD (max of 50,000)

So if you can manage a barterDEX GUI project, you can get it accepted as a bounty setaside to make sure that you recoup your costs and also get a shot at the $100,000 bonus. In addition to the nice money bonus, the winning GUI will become the official barterDEX GUI, which will of course establish whoever created this to be a bona fide award winning GUI dev (team).

Feedback appreciated, this is an idea that is in the process of being formed so now is the time for feedback before it becomes set. The 10,000 per GUI is already set, but the number of approved GUI projects is not and the specific way the winning GUI will be selected is not finalized

Hi jl777,

At first I wish to thank you for your efforts and time in this project. I really love your work and your professional approach. That's why I'm an absolute believer in this project.

BTT: I'm thinking with this bonus we should be able to hire some professional developers or a project leader. At the moment I'm leading an outsourcing project with some IT engineers based in India and our company is based in Europe. There are really good people there and they have a salary of 1.000 - 1.500$ per month (with master degree and several years of working experience). Also in East Europe there are smart and well educated people which are having lesser living costs than in other countries. Perhaps it would be a smart idea to hire some of them and paying them a fix, generous salary in USD? Because I'm not sure if we will find the right people here in the crypto market. That way we are also able to complete some different GUIs with different technologies in a few weeks or months.

Just a few thoughts from my side.

Best regards!
bluntlee

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:01:15 AM

How do we get the REVS asset? I Held my BTCD until the last swap that happened before the security issues on the ico site. How do I obtain REVS, do I need to submit my BTCD private key somewhere? Or did I miss out on this?

Thanks  Grin
taurados

Activity: 840
Merit: 508

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:47:26 AM

Hey i want to exchange my BTCD. But ICO site is down. I´m to late?
Coinlover87

Activity: 14

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 10:45:42 AM

Hi,

in your presentation you say, that to get the interest it is not neccessary to do anything. But i thought we have to do at least one transaction?

So what is correct?

Many thanks
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2017, 10:58:55 AM

Hi,

in your presentation you say, that to get the interest it is not neccessary to do anything. But i thought we have to do at least one transaction?

So what is correct?

Many thanks

We are producing a clear guide about what has to be done, which is not much: https://support.supernet.org/solution/articles/29000011838-how-to-claim-your-interest

Later on Agama Wallet will have a 'claim interest' button.

Hey i want to exchange my BTCD. But ICO site is down. I´m to late?

ICO site will be fixed soon, it is now the priority. After that everyone is able to swap. The swap lasts the whole year.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
jl777B

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 11:52:44 AM

Hi,

So what is correct?

Many thanks
Both are correct. It is a matter of interpretation.

If you have something and are able to spend it, then it seems that you have it. The way the utxo system works, the inputs are increased by the accrued interest. So really, it is just as if you already had it.

but until you spend it, it is only accrued and doesnt exist anywhere.

If interest is accrued and you are able to spend it, do you have it?
Amalgamus

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 12:37:13 PM

Hi,

So what is correct?

Many thanks
The interest come by bit every hour without doing anything and will give you 5% after a year of holding.
The transactions are only needed when you want the interests to be part of your initial capital.
Let's say your wallet shows a balance of 1K kmd and interests earned up to now is 30 kmd, the total balance will be 1030 kmd. To get the interests into the working capital you make transactions to yourself so now you will start earning interests from 1030 kmd and the interests earned will be back to 0.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 04:57:49 PM

Hi jl777,

At first I wish to thank you for your efforts and time in this project. I really love your work and your professional approach. That's why I'm an absolute believer in this project.

BTT: I'm thinking with this bonus we should be able to hire some professional developers or a project leader. At the moment I'm leading an outsourcing project with some IT engineers based in India and our company is based in Europe. There are really good people there and they have a salary of 1.000 - 1.500$ per month (with master degree and several years of working experience). Also in East Europe there are smart and well educated people which are having lesser living costs than in other countries. Perhaps it would be a smart idea to hire some of them and paying them a fix, generous salary in USD? Because I'm not sure if we will find the right people here in the crypto market. That way we are also able to complete some different GUIs with different technologies in a few weeks or months.

Best regards!

Well, jl777 IS a "professional developer" and project leader. Actually, there is quite a team already in place:

See https://komodoplatform.com/#about

and

https://www.supernet.org/en/supernet/team  

Also many on that team are already in paid positions.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
regtable69

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 05:58:01 PM

If anybody would like to send a bit of hashing power our way it would be apreciated me and a few friends mining on my ghetto pool http://92.14.101.5:8080/stats want to load test/payment test so nothing is guaranteed as of yet if it works and i can handle it i would concider bringing a server host into it. More nodes !

http://ghettomining-co.in/net/coin 0% fee +potential block reward  https://discord.gg/NXDanPe net discord
http://ghettomining-co.in/ltc/coin 0% fee                                            https://discord.gg/kHekYc5 pool discord to sign up
http://ghettomining-co.in/waya/coin 0% fee
LazyBone

Activity: 17

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 06:36:24 PM

Hi jl777,

Best regards!

Well, jl777 IS a "professional developer" and project leader. Actually, there is quite a team already in place:

and

Oh. I think it got lost in translation. Sorry for that.

I know jl777 is a professional developer and project leader. I've been a fan of his work since 2014 with BTCD. And I'm also aware of the professional team around him.

But instead looking for somebody in this community who develop a GUI and offering him a payment in KMD (in the worth of 10.000 USD), my proposal was to hire some more fulltime developers for the GUI development and pay them in USD. So to say in the form of a real project outsourcing initiative.
jl777B

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 07:30:44 PM

Hi jl777,

Best regards!

and

Oh. I think it got lost in translation. Sorry for that.

I know jl777 is a professional developer and project leader. I've been a fan of his work since 2014 with BTCD. And I'm also aware of the professional team around him.

But instead looking for somebody in this community who develop a GUI and offering him a payment in KMD (in the worth of 10.000 USD), my proposal was to hire some more fulltime developers for the GUI development and pay them in USD. So to say in the form of a real project outsourcing initiative.
The idea is to enhance our inhouse GUI development with external GUI dev (team)

The bounty and prize should provide a very good risk reward to competent GUI devs and even a good project manager could put together a team with the 10,000 KMD as a budget and get a chance at the $100,000 prize.

decentralizing GUI development.

For all those that complain about GUI development speed, we can see whether its true that you can just magically get GUI done by offering money for it.
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 29, 2017, 09:31:47 PM

The first ever Komodo Platform presentation is now available on SuperNET youtube channel.

Pages: « 1 ... 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 [509] 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: