Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:37:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
XCASH
Legendary

Activity: 929
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 09:04:09 PM

Ico is ending. Are you excited?  Grin Grin Grin

How many Bitcoin has the ICO raised so far?

Is the ICO ending at midnight Coordinated Universal Time (UTC)?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 09:08:20 PM

You can see the raised amount from our front page: http://komodoplatform.com/

The ICO will end on Sunday November 20th, 3PM UTC.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
kurniajim

Activity: 924

Decentralised Amazon & ICO Hub

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 09:10:01 PM

You can see the raised amount from our front page: http://komodoplatform.com/

The ICO will end on Sunday November 20th, 3PM UTC.

Total BTC Raised: 2597.07

BALIK
Copper Member

Activity: 2058
Merit: 591

🍓 BALIK Never DM First

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 09:13:25 PM

Ico is ending. Are you excited?  Grin Grin Grin

So far, they have currently raised 2597.07 bitcoin, ICO will be end on November 20, 2016 3PM UTC time at the same time signature campaign will be also end on November 20, 2016 3PM UTC time, I think they will released the coins after 2 weeks.

This signature campaign ends on Sunday 3PM UTC (at the same time the ICO ends).

PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 09:30:00 PM

64 nodes are being elected now to test out functionality! Then a official election will be done after ICO.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

equator
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 09:39:37 PM

Ico is ending. Are you excited?  Grin Grin Grin

So far, they have currently raised 2597.07 bitcoin, ICO will be end on November 20, 2016 3PM UTC time at the same time signature campaign will be also end on November 20, 2016 3PM UTC time, I think they will released the coins after 2 weeks.

This signature campaign ends on Sunday 3PM UTC (at the same time the ICO ends).

Every thing has gone very good and implementation of work is also done, now it is time to get listed in a reputed exchange so that we can see the coins worth raising in exchanges and investors can get benefited
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 09:54:06 PM

I went through the Komodo white paper, the concept looks good, and notory concept is ok as per dPoS, however the central question is really how BTC will allow you to send your transaction to their blockchain? Certainly they can't allow this, otherwise X coin, Y coin all can do the same, which will mess up BTC chain. Without it, the Komodo will be nothing new, it will be a plain PoW or PoS coin.

Maybe dev can provide some more details how you can get to Bitcoin's blockchain?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 09:57:11 PM

I went through the Komodo white paper, the concept looks good, and notory concept is ok as per dPoS, however the central question is really how BTC will allow you to send your transaction to their blockchain? Certainly they can't allow this, otherwise X coin, Y coin all can do the same, which will mess up BTC chain. Without it, the Komodo will be nothing new, it will be a plain PoW or PoS coin.

Maybe dev can provide some more details how you can get to Bitcoin's blockchain?
I have spent a lot of time to use totally standard transactions:

https://blockchain.info/address/1P3rU1Nk1pmc2BiWC8dEy9bZa1ZbMp5jfg

If these are made illegal, a large number of other transactions will become illegal and I really doubt dPoW represents any danger to BTC, in fact it leverages BTC and helps BTC.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
valley365

Activity: 868
Merit: 1003

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 11:42:52 PM

If these are made illegal, a large number of other transactions will become illegal and I really doubt dPoW represents any danger to BTC, in fact it leverages BTC and helps BTC.

Thanks for the reply. While you can make transactions conforming BTC's protocol, if they keep accepting these, the already huge BTC blockchain will become even bigger, I can't imagine how they could allow that (remember Komodo will not be the only one). It's a great concept to use it, but at some point they will have to stop it, unless you will convince them to make it like Ethereum, with sidechains etc trying to cover the whole world. In that case, maybe yes, but they'll have to change big their structure.
_mr_e
Legendary

Activity: 817

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 01:33:41 AM

Thanks for the reply. While you can make transactions conforming BTC's protocol, if they keep accepting these, the already huge BTC blockchain will become even bigger, I can't imagine how they could allow that (remember Komodo will not be the only one). It's a great concept to use it, but at some point they will have to stop it, unless you will convince them to make it like Ethereum, with sidechains etc trying to cover the whole world. In that case, maybe yes, but they'll have to change big their structure.

Who is "they" and how would they stop it?
@boutiuqe

Activity: 638
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 01:58:54 AM

What is ico average price ?
Where to trade ?
Cryptomankey

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:01:21 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2016, 05:08:45 AM by Cryptomankey

Hello @all i am cryptomankey Smiley  my first Post  Cool  (i am a newbie 🙈But you will still hear a lot from me but only good ones  Cool Shocked )
 Komodo is my first ICO i invest.But i have begin mine Bitcoins&Altcoins 2013 .In Cryptography we trust  Cool

I wish good luck for this project .

Have all a good weekend ✌🤗😎✌
Cryptomankey
tjmaruy

Activity: 43

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:02:33 AM

ha nice same to u Grin
Cryptomankey

Activity: 6

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:18:28 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2016, 02:31:41 AM by Cryptomankey

Hello how big is the Komodo Team ? How people work on it ? Thanks for all Infos

Have a good time
Cryptomankey
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 03:40:00 AM

Join the last day of Komodo ICO.

derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 04:56:16 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2016, 08:58:48 AM by derrend

I've been reading through the benchmarks since and discovered -
"On a quad-core benchmark server, generating a private transaction consumes ~3.2 GB of memory and ~50 seconds of compute time."

This is a relatively high memory requirement, as many laptops only have 4GB RAM. Even on a device with 8GB RAM, a 3.2 GB memory requirement may force Zcash's private generation to go into swap space.  If Zcash goes into swap, then even on the state of the art SSDs, transfer rates are at least 10 times slower than DDR-3 speeds. On older devices, transfer rates could be 30 times slower or more if Zcash goes to swap. Thus, for a typical 4gb RAM device (which usually already has at least 1gb of memory being used), Zcash's effective compute time should be between 10 minutes to 30 minutes. It is also very possible that many devices with 8GB RAM would go into swap as well, also taking between 10 minutes to 30 minutes to generate a private transaction.
In light of the above what are the implications for end users?

For example will there ever be a mobile device app for zcash given the amount of resources it takes to create and broadcast a private transaction? I would imagine a remote server building the transaction for you would be out of the question as I should think it would require access to the private components sending the zero knowledge aspect out the window.

I'm using a 4GB core i5 lenovo running ubuntu which I (used to) consider rather high end. 48% of my memory is currently allocated so from what I just read I can't use zcash because I don't have enough RAM, is that right?
grewalsatinder

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

Blockchain Technology Enthusiast, IT Pro

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 06:59:26 AM

Reposted here because limited response in slack...

Putting whichever crypto religion we've sworn our allegiance to this week aside, I'm looking for feedback here:
I can swap some btc for some zcash using bitsquare, perform a zcash transaction to break any traceability and sell my zcash (on bitsquare again) and get myself a lovely new btc with no previous history that can be linked to me.
I can perform the exact same series of steps and achieve the exact same result with zcoin (because it too is based on the zerocoin protocol).

So why then is zcash $70 (down from +2MM) whilst zcoin is $0.70c (down from $10) when the only extra thing zcash seems to offer is undetectable money creation due to the necessity of a trusted setup (which zcoin also had but due to the visibility of the money supply detecting a compromise would be arbitrary)?

The knee jerk reaction I'm expecting is that "it's more anonymous because you cannot see the transaction values" but this is a moot point imo because the whole purpose is to cryptographically break the transaction history which is achieved by both.

Isn't it true that the extra lengths zcash goes to is more like 'security theatre', just like when the zcash founders burned the computer which generated the master private keys. Yeah it looked nice but... so what?

In summary then, why would someone pay 100x more for an equivalent feature found in another coin? Apart from undetectable fraud and higher resource consumption what does zcash offer over zcoin?

Also check out the zcoin and zcash roadmaps respectively.

ps
Don't give me that 'topological analysis' c**p bacause you can see the amounts, you cannot follow coins around in the zcoin blockchain, it's impossible which is why zerocoin was described as perfect money over 3 years ago.

I'm not trying to troll, I'm genuinely intrigued as to what the zcash community knows that I don't?

pps
zcoin is not a zcash clone, in fact zcoin is older than zcash because it was launched ~1 week earlier.

Your whole post is about zcash and zcoin. Are you sure you posted your question in correct place ?

Try Zcash thread. Smiley

polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:06:55 AM

Reposted here because limited response in slack...

Putting whichever crypto religion we've sworn our allegiance to this week aside, I'm looking for feedback here:
I can swap some btc for some zcash using bitsquare, perform a zcash transaction to break any traceability and sell my zcash (on bitsquare again) and get myself a lovely new btc with no previous history that can be linked to me.
I can perform the exact same series of steps and achieve the exact same result with zcoin (because it too is based on the zerocoin protocol).

So why then is zcash $70 (down from +2MM) whilst zcoin is $0.70c (down from $10) when the only extra thing zcash seems to offer is undetectable money creation due to the necessity of a trusted setup (which zcoin also had but due to the visibility of the money supply detecting a compromise would be arbitrary)?

The knee jerk reaction I'm expecting is that "it's more anonymous because you cannot see the transaction values" but this is a moot point imo because the whole purpose is to cryptographically break the transaction history which is achieved by both.

Isn't it true that the extra lengths zcash goes to is more like 'security theatre', just like when the zcash founders burned the computer which generated the master private keys. Yeah it looked nice but... so what?

In summary then, why would someone pay 100x more for an equivalent feature found in another coin? Apart from undetectable fraud and higher resource consumption what does zcash offer over zcoin?

Also check out the zcoin and zcash roadmaps respectively.

ps
Don't give me that 'topological analysis' c**p bacause you can see the amounts, you cannot follow coins around in the zcoin blockchain, it's impossible which is why zerocoin was described as perfect money over 3 years ago.

I'm not trying to troll, I'm genuinely intrigued as to what the zcash community knows that I don't?

pps
zcoin is not a zcash clone, in fact zcoin is older than zcash because it was launched ~1 week earlier.

Your questions should be directed at the Zcash team,  however since we are using Zcash as the backbone of our crypto I will attempt to answer your concerns.

You are forgetting who you are revealing yourself to in the description of "cleaning" coins.  In Bitsquare, p2p exchange is done with an escrow (arbitrator).  The escrow (arbitrator) "knows" that you have sent the zcash and the escrow "knows" someone sent the bitcoin to be exchanged. Get enough corrupt arbitrators who are collecting data and they can start piecing together data linking groups of transactions.  Komodo, through EasyDex and atomic swaps will allow you to conduct the "cleaning" all in one wallet and without the need of an arbitrator.  Also unlike Bitsquare,  trade pairs are not all linked to btc,   you can exchange any bitcoin compatible for any other bitcoin compatible.

The extensive process of the trusted setup was to not only reduce the chance of the key being assembled after parameter generation  but the calm down the unnecessary FUD surrounding the minuscule potential of it be reassembled.   Perhaps they went a little overboard,  but I'd rather have increased security than the mentality of  " good enough".

Not seeing the transaction values has several effects:  It makes transaction linkage impossible and prevents mantissa attacks.   A mantissa attack is linking transactions through a pattern of numbers beyond the decimal point.   For instance, if I am looking at the blockchain and I see 1.4444444444  being sent again and again,   despite the possible differences in addresses,  I can have a greater than average assumption that the different addresses sending that specific amount are the same person.   This combined with other analysis techniques can give up the anonymity of an individual.

Why did people pay ridiculous prices in the opening days of Zcash,  limited supply + hype + misguided assumption of demand = people being dumb with their money

Komodo brings to the table additional functionally internally through Delayed Proof-of-Work  and PAX/Assetchains  as well as externally through EasyDex/Instantdex  , Iguana,  Jumblr and in the future  through "Gecko" smart chains,  PAX2 and other future projects.

derrend

Activity: 707
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 07:24:02 AM

Your questions should be directed at the Zcash team,  however since we are using Zcash as the backbone of our crypto I will attempt to answer your concerns.
Komodo brings to the table additional functionally internally through Delayed Proof-of-Work  and PAX/Assetchains  as well as externally through EasyDex/Instantdex  , Iguana,  Jumblr and in the future  through "Gecko" smart chains,  PAX2 and other future projects.

Many thanks for the response @polycryptoblog, my apologies I actually thought this was the zcash thread Tongue
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 07:49:48 AM

Hello how big is the Komodo Team ? How people work on it ? Thanks for all Infos

Have a good time
Cryptomankey

You can find team members and advisors here https://komodoplatform.com/#about, some of them have small bios included. Moreover there are job opportunities available.

Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: