Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:09:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:32:28 AM

I have not denied that I raised funds from NXT assets, however other than SuperNET they were not done as an ICO and the scale is orders of magnitude smaller.

If you raise funds from private investors, that is funds but it is not an ICO.

Maybe that is your confusion? You seem to be considering any funds raised via any means as an ICO. So if I get a bounty for doing some work, is that an ICO? If I get paid for doing coding, is that an ICO? If I invest in an ICO and make money did I do an ICO?
Okay, maybe I made a mistake by equate ICO with raising funds. But isnt that the association most people here have which invest? I think so.

So yes, you did 2 ICO's. But you raised money several times in the past.
Using that logic, everybody that has a job is raising money every month. I put the NXT assets (other than SuperNET) in the category similar to working at a job. The amount of money raised was comparable to working at a job, so it should be compared to having a job instead of an ICO. So yes, I have worked in crypto for a while and was paid for it. I have never denied this.

But if you want to count my raising thousands of dollars in the same category as multi-million dollar ICO, I guess you can do that if you just ignore the 100x difference and count pennies as dollars.

Lets talk about this ico only. You implied that 10k BTC is more than sufficient for komodo then why not lower the cap to 10k BTC?

Investors are not going to get much returns is the ico is over Bloated.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ParmaBTC
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:35:21 AM

It was expected 2FA implementetion in ICO.KOMODOPLATFORM.COM site, why it is delaying so much?
CryptoSporidium

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:38:38 AM

I have not denied that I raised funds from NXT assets, however other than SuperNET they were not done as an ICO and the scale is orders of magnitude smaller.

Maybe that is your confusion? You seem to be considering any funds raised via any means as an ICO. So if I get a bounty for doing some work, is that an ICO? If I get paid for doing coding, is that an ICO? If I invest in an ICO and make money did I do an ICO?
Okay, maybe I made a mistake by equate ICO with raising funds. But isnt that the association most people here have which invest? I think so.

Using that logic, everybody that has a job is raising money every month. I put the NXT assets (other than SuperNET) in the category similar to working at a job. The amount of money raised was comparable to working at a job, so it should be compared to having a job instead of an ICO. So yes, I have worked in crypto for a while and was paid for it. I have never denied this.

But if you want to count my raising thousands of dollars in the same category as multi-million dollar ICO, I guess you can do that if you just ignore the 100x difference and count pennies as dollars.

Lets talk about this ico only. You implied that 10k BTC is more than sufficient for komodo then why not lower the cap to 10k BTC?

10k from here (under 2k so far) seems likely anyway
cebb

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 10:40:25 AM

Then why the cap is not lowered. I would definitely double my investments in komodo if the cap is lowered.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:43:51 AM

Well we are still quite far from even the 10K, so why the concern?

Beyond 10K BTC will allow for a larger staff, a lot more marketing but most importantly fully funded LP (Liquidity Provider) nodes to provide central exchange level spreads for the native DEX. This is strictly not needed for Komodo, but the DEX will be enabled for all the dPoW assetchain coins so it does relate.

If the investors want to fully fund a native DEX ecosystem, they are able to. The Komodo run LP nodes would then be able to earn some margin on the volumes so it  would end up generating revenues. Ideally, Komodo funds will be able to earn income and we can pay all the costs from such income. In that case, instead of 10 years of funding, it is fully funded indefinitely.

I prefer to let the market decide if what is wanted is the minimal Komodo, or the medium Komodo or the monster Komodo.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
flyer88

Activity: 1177

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:45:41 AM

You sold shares(assets) in something. Thats a bit different than a Job. For sure the amounts where not that high as the Supernet ICO for example but is that making any differenced to the people which bought into that? No it doesnt.

NxtVenture for example.. everyone can form his own opinion.
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/nxtventure/#charts

Edit:
I thought finishing a working dPoW ahead of schedule would have some positive impact, but all it seems to have done is bring out the trolls.
Ah yeah... good to know what you think about critizism.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:47:03 AM

Then why the cap is not lowered. I would definitely double my investments in komodo if the cap is lowered.

Funds have already been raised under the existing terms. Changing anything significant like the cap is not anything I would be comfortable with as while it might make you happy, it will surely create many complaints. In any case the max is just a max and we are not likely to achieve it, so there is likely little difference.

you can always wait until the end and if it is still below 10K, then put in more.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 10:54:25 AM

You sold shares(assets) in something. Thats a bit different than a Job. For sure the amounts where not that high as the Supernet ICO for example but is that making any differenced to the people which bought into that? No it doesnt.

NxtVenture for example.. everyone can form his own opinion.
http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/nxtventure/#charts
Remind me when the NXTventure ICO was held? You cant because it wasnt. A trading market in NXTventure was created and people traded it in the aftermarket. So people bought and sold it from asset exchange market. The vast majority of the trading volume was done by other people. I did do some occasional trades, but only as a normal investor.

this is quite different from an ICO, are you aware of the difference?

It was created as a vehicle to distribute other assets and when NXT AE was viable, it was doing fine. It is not my fault NXT dropped 80% in value and also decided to abandon assets in the switch to ARDR.

cebb

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:02:51 AM

Funds have already been raised under the existing terms. Changing anything significant like the cap is not anything I would be comfortable with as while it might make you happy, it will surely create many complaints. In any case the max is just a max and we are not likely to achieve it, so there is likely little difference.

you can always wait until the end and if it is still below 10K, then put in more.

Complaints for lowering the cap? Really? This will be the first ICO then where investors would complain why their shares were prevented from dilution?

Anyway it is your ICO so it is your choice as it is my choice about how much to invest.

Good luck your invstors.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 11:05:53 AM

I came up with a revised way to deal with the round-robin mining which once it compiles I can debug. It will allow an almost as efficient as PoS method for generating blocks, even though PoW is used.

This prevents a mining war between the notary nodes so the planned for economic incentives will not be skewed.

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 11:14:10 AM

Iguana GUI update

From bogieman on SuperNET Slack channel #iguana
The Iguana update:
1. We are optimizing the released features:
- making it responsive for different screen dimensions up to mobile, that way will be able to easily port theGUI for mobile platforms with possible minimum of adaptation for each platform. Though we are not using native platform technologies for the code, but this way let us bring only few changes to make it look like a native app.
2.  The whole 0.1 code  is being reviewed and babysitted by our testing troops. We agreed on the testing policy and will apply it on the process, so we possible cut off resources on the testing and still release a better product.
3. As 0,1 now supports only coinds (altcoins daemons), now we are making it work with stable Iguana. So I can not wait when I can use Iguana myself.
4. More minor features will be added, we will be updating on them in the next development report.
5. We have to add more guys onboard to go with the speed of light, at least too more right devs. We have balanced the team just before the release, so now our development machine will be behaving itself better.
And here I need the voice of the stakeholders if we need to open the development process stat?
The stat can be presented in graphics or even online with 24/7 access.

P.S.: Big up to the team: @pbca26 , @antonleogky, @kashifali and the guys who helped us to pass the first milestone.

See all the updates so far

Komodo GUI

Like Zcash, Komodo will also have two types of transactions (or two modes): 1) Transparent, 2) Anonymous.
 1. Transparent transactions are normal public transactions similar to bitcoin,
 2. Anonymous transactions use the Zcash technology, the zero-knowledge-proof technique to send cryptographically proven anonymous transactions over decentralized crypto currency network which are very hard to track.

As SuperNET tech been in development since September 2014, it has gone through much development cycle to evolve at the core level. Around November 2015, the project gradually evolved to the technology called Iguana which is playing the backend role of dPoW, providing functionality like a decentralized smart application DAPP. Around January 2016 SuperNET started working on Iguana GUI implentaiton with a group of developers, testers, UI & UX developer, and dedicated Project Manager. The Iguana GUI team's size has been incresaing/decreasing as the resources are freelance, but the progress on Iguana GUI has been steady and we are seeing it's good results today, with alpha release of Iguana already released and available to download via official Iguana GUI Github Repo.

Iguana GUI's project manager is known by handle "boogieman" and is mostly active in SuperNET Slack guiding and directing team. And you can find updates from him on Iguana GUI in #iguana channel almost every day.

SuperNET also have a project called InstantDEX which was already in working stage back in early 2015, and as project evolved to Iguana tech InstantDEX (Decentralised Exchange for crypto currencies) also eveolved to even more robust code structure. Since the team was planning for Komodo project early on and we needed to had some good progress on the already stable and near completion core technology, project hired Satinder Grewal, known with handle grewalsatinder, to work on EasyDEX around starting of August. EasyDEX is the light version of full feature InstantDEX, which is more like ShapeShift.io or Changelly.com, but everything decentralised. Satinder quickly picked up on the task and in about a month he had a multi-wallet GUI ready for basic features like send/rececive, view transactions etc.

At this moment both teams working on two different GUI implentations but right now crossing on same feature set required in both GUI implementations. Which is the ability to handle multiple crypto currency wallets!

- Iguana GUI: Iguana GUI's ability is to connect to ANY crypto currency which is close to bitcoin implementation or is supported by Iguana. Even if there is exsiting GUI wallet or a comand line daemon running on system Iguana GUI holds the ability to link to the external coin daemons and gives the users the ability to do transactions through it. As Iguana's core feature is to support multi crypto currency networks, it was essential to also made users possible to connect their existing wallets to Iguana GUI. The existing coin wallets will have their own set of feature sets, but Iguana will be providing such features which are not available in any other blockchain project, such as Atomic Exchange of those supported crypto currencies through EasyDEX, Pegged Asset Excahnge (PAX), Assets to Asset Excahnge etc. Also, there are many small projects out there which are very close to bitcoin implementation and possibly does not have good, beautiful GUI for their crypto currency projects. Such projects if are compatible with Iguana can seamlessly use this Igauna GUI with their projects. Possibly they can make this Igauan GUI their main wallet, or could just list that as a supporting GUI for their very own crypto currency project. Either way Iguana GUI is not just serving SuperNET project, but in essense the whole crypto currency scene. As James says "In crypto currency the compitition is not with each other, it's with Fiat". The deveopment cycle of Iguana GUI team is different and they are first focusing on roling it with all basic feature set like send/recieve, view history etc.. The first beta version of Igauan GUI will be released with support to connect existing wallet installations, and then will release the version which will seamlessly support Iguana daemon features. The team has alredy tested zcash's transparent transaction feature set to be working fine with so far developed GUI by connecting it as an external compatible wallet to Iguana GUI. In later version the Iguana GUI will be consisting all the anonymous GUI features required by users.

- EasyDEX-GUI: EasyDEX-GUI will become an addition to Iguana GUI eventually, and will be made availabe as part of it accessible right through Iguana GUI interface. As covered earlier EasyDEX-GUI will be used for doing easy exchange of crypto currency over decentralized network. As the function of EasyDEX-GUI is to give the GUI interface for DEX features and functionalities it is also essential to have Komodo and Zcash to be added to make it possible to do decentralized trades aka DEX exchange Zcash and Komodo through it. Satinder will first implement Zcash GUI to EasyDEX-GUI as Zcash has the anonymous features already in testing, and Komodo is in middle of implementing dPoW. As Komodo will share the exact same RPC API calls for both transpartent and anonymous transactions, using the same Zcash GUI interface implementation for Komodo will be very quick to code with some minor changes with some additional API linked to Komodo GUI which are specific to dPoW. In addition to the DEX features and functionality EasyDEX-GUI will also include an offline full featured block explorer for any crypto currency supported by Iguana tech named "Atomic Explorer" very much equivalent to (in some cases more featured) to online block explorers. It's said Offline as the user will be using the local full wallet running through Iguana daemon, which provides this block explorer level feature set.

It's not surprising that the API set to develope much of the GUI featrues is already here but the team was lacking good GUI efforts, which are being covered already even before BitcoinDark's evolution to Komodo Platform.

We are aware some end users don't understand the techical difficulties and challenges of the project, but those who do, must have idea the level of technological solutions Komodo Platform is coming with.

Komodo team has already released dPoW whitepaper which is available through Komodo Platform's official website, and the team has already got EasyDEX whitepaper from the lead developer James Lee (jl777), which is already under process to get ready to be published soon. There are a lot of exciting technical solutions coming post ICO. Brace yourself. It's going to very busy but Exciting year ahead.

Earlier Grewalsatinder had the following to say about his Komodo GUI development:
I’ll also be adding Komodo GUI to EasyDEX-GUI that I’m working on, and I’ll give my best to add both transparent and anonymous transactions ability in GUI. I can not give the timeframe, but I should be able to do it as fast I did EasyDEX-GUI initially, in about a month.

as the RPC APIs are available and are responsive as near to final product from zcash fork of Komodo, expect something turns out to GUI for Komodo in EasyDEX-GUI soon. But there are few things which are additional to Komodo, like dPoW, all those things will be covered as the APIs are progress.

I’ll first add zcash GUI to EasyDEX-GUI, which uses the same RPC APIs as Komodo. That would mean, the same GUI will be able to do Komodo GUI operations. And that also includes doing anonymous transactions of zcash and seeing it in Graphical User Interface

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
disconnectme

Activity: 1876
Merit: 512

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:40:29 AM

over 1000BTC raised so far, quite a good performance so far,  hope better days are ahead

█ ▀  ▄
  ▄ █  █▌ 
▄    █
        ███
                  ▀▀▀▀▀██
         ███          ███
      ███     【】     ███
   ███   【】【】   ███
██▀           █  █         ▀██         
█▄          █  █        ▄██
   ███       █  █     ███
      ███   █  ███ 
         ███    █    ███
            ███   ███

.T o o l K i t z A I .Break The Barrier.

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

███████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRY DEMO
███████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████

▄▄████
                 ▄▄████████▌
           ▄▄█████████▀███
     ▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀    ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀     ▄███████▌
      ██     ▄█████████
       █   ▄██████████▌
       █   ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌
loremipsum

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:42:07 AM

I prefer to let the market decide if what is wanted is the minimal Komodo, or the medium Komodo or the monster Komodo.

The monster Komodo, please!   Cool

Monster Komodo and monster Iguana. jl777 I wonder why you always choose exotic animals for naming these projects  Grin

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:46:58 AM
Last edit: October 20, 2016, 11:59:24 AM by yassin54

Learn about Komodo GUI projects.

boomboom

Activity: 1068
Merit: 523

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:47:07 AM

The monster Komodo, please!   Cool

The medium Komodo would be a Goanna

adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1708

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 11:54:02 AM

is this gpu minable?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 11:59:24 AM

is this gpu minable?
It is not designed to be a mined coin so unless you are a notary node, mining wont be profitable.

Unless KMD price goes way up, GPU mining wont have any ROI. There are GPU miners for equihash though, so technically it is possible, just not practical

someone111

Activity: 453
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 02:32:35 PM

Is it ok to run a notary behind a VPN?

Or must the physical server location be spread?

-
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 20, 2016, 02:49:39 PM

Is it ok to run a notary behind a VPN?

Or must the physical server location be spread?
with the right ports open it should work. not sure the performance impact, so it is worth trying

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 20, 2016, 03:28:56 PM

Join our ICO before Sunday 3PM UTC and receive a 20% bonus.

Pages: « 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 [91] 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: