Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:04:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191701 times)
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 23, 2016, 10:27:05 PM

Interview!

Audo had an interview with Superbcrew.com. In it he talked about SuperNET, Komodo, and their vision & roadmap. Enjoy  Cool

http://www.superbcrew.com/supernet-aims-to-decentralize-financial-services-and-bring-them-together-under-the-same-roof/
Nice Interview!!  Cool
Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 07:11:31 AM

P-Trump runs for KMD node election!

I have been accumulating BTCD since 2014, my bags are full.

On present ICO numbers I am guaranteed one of the 64 notary nodes with my vote alone.

I am looking for an experienced and qualified person to setup and maintain a top quality node that meets all jl777's node specifications.

My guarantee to you 'I will never sell down my KMD, I will have sufficient KMD to get elected forever'

Your guarantee to me 'You will run a high quality node with above average reliability forever'

You will manage and pay for the node, and in return you will get 50% of the profits from the node, forever!

My offer is conditional on me winning a node, which is only guaranteed if there are 64 nodes, and on your ability to prove you can run and pay for a full spec node now.

I will try and verify your claim with jl777 and/or other Komodo organisers before we sign any agreements. By that time you will know I have sufficient KMD to have been elected

If there are less than 64 notary nodes at launch I may not win. If this happens I will keep my powder dry until there is an election for a full compliment of 64 notary nodes. Then I will win a node.

If you're interested please reply here. This is not a first-in-best-dressed offer, so take your time to think this offer through. I'm looking for the best candidate I can find who wants to run a notary node for a long time.

I ended up with 2.69M KMD (i.e. 2.69% of the vote)

I've had a few enquiries so far.

Now that the ICO is over attention should turn towards the coming election.

At one extreme there are tech guys with skills & time to run nodes, but not enough KMD/votes to elect themselves

At the other end there are guys with enough KMD/votes to elect themselves, but not enough time & skills to run a node

Some testnet node operators will have sufficient KMD/votes to elect themselves - my offer is obviously not of interest to you

Some testnet node operators will have arrangements with other large holders now - my offer is probably not of interest to you now (but maybe later)

Some testnet node operators will not have sufficient KMD/votes to elect themselves AND they don't have a current arrangement with another large holder - my offer should be of interest to you!

To those people running testnet notary nodes I will point out the obvious - If you don't get elected, you wont be running a notary node!

I'm looking for a long-term 'set and forget' arrangement. Assuming a standard first-past-the-post voting system, my KMD/vote quota should be enough to guarantee ~1.5 notary nodes ... Forever!

I accumulated BTCD since 2014 in the hope of securing a hassle free income stream for many years, I'm planning to hodl my KMD for many many years.

If you want a hassle free income stream for many many years too, but you're not 100% sure that you'll get elected, and KEEP getting elected, then my offer might be worth considering.

If I can't come to a mutually beneficial long-term relationship then I'll bite the bullet and pay someone to setup and manage a node for me, and I'll keep 100% of the profits.

BUT, I'd be happy with 50% of the profits if I didn't have to worry about ANYTHING.

I do really want a set and FORGET arrangement, and I'm prepared to pay 50% of the profits from running a notary node to get it.

This is an pretty impressive ammount you have there  Wink
Allow me the question, how will you ensure you can definitely get one node actively running? I understand there are 16 spots in each region. Everybody has one vote for each of the 4 regions. So for one region there could be the scenario, that you will be outvoted, especially with combined voting power of others. This assumtion is also valid for the other regions. Just curious how you can ensure this offer with 100% confidence...
Cheers!

Yes, I was not aware of this aspect of the election process (each KMD votes in each region). I had anticipated a node quota being 1/64 of 100M KMD, with this scheme a node quota will be 1/16 of KMD, which is 6.25% of the vote. Even with ~2.7% of the vote I am clearly well under half a quota now. I am considering whether to run now at all as I don't believe I would get elected now. My 'plan B' option of hiring a node operator myself to run a 'guaranteed' node looks to be dead in the water. Maybe 2-3 other individuals could combine votes with me into 6.25% of the total vote and then we run 4  guaranteed nodes, but that is more difficult. As I said above, I prefer a set-and-forget arrangement that gives me a nice income stream. Less is more for me if the arrangement is simple and easy to manage!

Others have mentioned the likelihood of 'voting pools' starting eventually, similar to mining pools in PoW coins, and forging pools in NXT. I will wait and see what happens there. I am not too keen on the idea of just selling my vote to the highest bidder, but 2.69% of the vote does have some value. I do want to see viable and stable node operators emerge, but where there are elections and money involved, there will always be coalitions, horse-trading, & deals made to get people elected. I will wait and see what happens. I will say I have no complaint on the election scheme. I was not aware of this detail, but it makes sense why it was chosen.
A lot of voting will be somewhat random and spread out across all candidates, so any node that gets a significant stake voting for it will get a very large chance to win.

It is like the swing states votes. A relatively small amount of voting power determines the winner.

I think it is good that a large stakeholder is actively campaigning and I would assume many others would too and so you should get votes from the rest of the voters.

There are some other facts that can be considered when estimating the percentage of voting needed to become one of the active 16 within one region:

- A lot KMD will be held in cold storage by exchanges. When looking to lisk, there are about 50% of the supply locked. Polo has 30% in cold storage alone, not counting other exchanges. Recent ICOs managed to "lock" another 10% of the supply. Assuming that we would have a similar scenario with KMD and to be on the save side lets calculate with "only" 30% locked.

- Not everybody will vote. A lot people only use it as an investment strategy as a set and forget arrangement. Others are simply to lazy to vote or have dust ammounts where it would not make sense.

- Another fact is that BTCD is here since 2014 and in my assumption a non negligible part of the stash is lost. I can recall in early 2015 a member claiming of having lost a 5-digit ammount of BTCD because of having lost privkeys for the wallet.

So if we assume 50% of all KMD will go to vote, which IMO is very optimistic, but lets assume that for now, then youd need about 0,5/16 of voting power, which is a bit more than 3%. Then you are with 2,7% VERY close to that and you would have VERY good change to get an active spot IMO. We just have to shift our view from the ideal world to a real life scenario.

Cheers!

farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 09:23:35 AM

- Not everybody will vote. A lot people only use it as an investment strategy as a set and forget arrangement. Others are simply to lazy to vote or have dust ammounts where it would not make sense.

Voting is mandatory when people want to claim their KMD.
markus1000

Activity: 153

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 09:53:51 AM

on the komodo HP it says: snapshot roughly one week after the end of the ICO. Is there already an exact date for the BTCD snapshot yet?
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 09:58:13 AM

on the komodo HP it says: snapshot roughly one week after the end of the ICO. Is there already an exact date for the BTCD snapshot yet?

It still says that?

The snapshot date has not been announced yet, because we first want to integrate a BTCD deposit feature to our ICO site. After it anyone can send their BTCD there to get both the REVS asset and the KMD in swap.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
zahra4577

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:02:44 AM

Coin supply was fixed for bounties,devs etc how can you now announce additional%25 bonus to your signature campaign participants who chose to get paid in KMD?From where those additional tokens come if all of participants opt for KMD?

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 10:06:41 AM
Last edit: November 25, 2016, 08:11:50 AM by KomodoPlatform

Boogieman made a long update about the Iguana multiwallet.

Iguana App Update #13

1) 0.1.2 version is out there
Good-news-mailman speaking!)
We have finished the transition to AngularJS framework. Apparently, it took three days longer than planned, but along with that, we covered Gulp-pipeline. Now we have a good looking code and up to the industry standards. That gives more flexibility with coding and content management.

@pbca26
you can modify content on the fly
for example we can build chrome app, ionic and regular gui in a blink of an eye
no manual copy pasting, changing lines in code
all automated

More info about issues closed and new improvements are in the release notes.

2)  10+ new coins supported
We discovered about 300 BTC-forked coins. As Iguana engine is fully BTC-compatible, we will be adding them steadily - 10 or more for each new release. We select the most traded in 30 days period first accounting data from coinmarketcap.com.

For 0.1.2 we added 10 more:
XRP
PPC
LMC
MEC
SC
DOGE
NLG
EMC2
ABC
APC

> > > Full list of supported coins in 0.1.2 < < <

As the only issue with adding all coins at once is hours needed for coins icon visual adaptation accordingly to the GUI style and we can not overload our young and talented UI ninja @antonleogky, we created a brief style guide for other coins representatives to let them prepare icons themselves for Iguana app.

Need your help!
If you are in touch with someone from the coins community or developers, please, share the file or its pdf-copy or this blog post.  And you will be rewarded with an infinite number of GooodKarma or ThankYouVeryMuch coins. 

3) Better UX
Ufff, Iguana! While the devs were busy with the Angular transition, we took a chance to improve UX and polish off the look and feel of the app. Since now Iguana can claim the title not just "the best," but "the sexiest" Smiley.

For the 0.2 release, we are making updated clickable prototypes for all modes. I have already tested the raw prototypes, and they look like a live app. I wish there were a button converting mockups into a stable code for all platforms with just a click. Hope you will be able to share my experience very soon, as we will publish them in the next update.  Now I'm sharing just the first screen.

Jokes aside, we need real user tests, feedbacks, and a/b tests to come to the most efficient UX solutions and UI designs. Feel free to file an issue at the repo now or after 0.2 is released.

4) Iguana Chrome app
While native builds for Windows and Android are still in development, we decided to launch Iguana Chrome app.  To the dev's estimation, it will not take long,  Tuesday or Wednesday is more than realistic. Unfortunately, we can not get a full working Chrome app at the moment, as we need a minimum network of Full Nodes. The reason for the Chrome app is promotional. More details in the next update.

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
markus1000

Activity: 153

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:07:45 AM

It still says that?

The snapshot date has not been announced yet, because we first want to integrate a BTCD deposit feature to our ICO site. After it anyone can send their BTCD there to get both the REVS asset and the KMD in swap.

Yes it still says this in the FAQs.
But thanks for the updated information.
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 10:14:40 AM

Coin supply was fixed for bounties,devs etc how can you now announce additional%25 bonus to your signature campaign participants who chose to get paid in KMD?From where those additional tokens come if all of participants opt for KMD?

Yes, 10 % was reserved for bounties, advisers, and development. We have enough KMD to pay for the bounties, and what is left over will stay in our capital. The bounty was fixed to BTC price.

yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:30:29 AM

Iguana App Update #13, MultiWallet.

super55

Activity: 196

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:52:22 AM

Iguana App Update #13

Good news mailman speaking!)
We have finished transition to Angular framework. Apparntly it took three days longer then planned, but along with that we covered Gulp builds pipeline. Now we have a good looking code and up to the industry standards. That gives more flexibility with code and content management.

@pbca26
all automated

More info about closed issues and new improvements are on the release notes.

2)  10+ new coins supported
As I announced before we discovered more about 300 btc-forked coins. As Iguana engine is fully btc-compatible, we will be adding them steadily - 10 or more for each new release. We select the most traded in 30 days period first accounting data from coinmarketcap.com.

XRP
PPC
LMC
MEC
SC
DOGE
NLG
EMC2
ABC
APC

Nice, glad NLG was added to the wallet too, one of the few coins i hold, plus Komodo coin  Smiley

By the way, can we do coins exchange from our Iguana wallet too?

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 01:46:07 PM

Iguana App Update #13

Good news mailman speaking!)
We have finished transition to Angular framework. Apparntly it took three days longer then planned, but along with that we covered Gulp builds pipeline. Now we have a good looking code and up to the industry standards. That gives more flexibility with code and content management.

@pbca26
all automated

More info about closed issues and new improvements are on the release notes.

2)  10+ new coins supported
As I announced before we discovered more about 300 btc-forked coins. As Iguana engine is fully btc-compatible, we will be adding them steadily - 10 or more for each new release. We select the most traded in 30 days period first accounting data from coinmarketcap.com.

XRP
PPC
LMC
MEC
SC
DOGE
NLG
EMC2
ABC
APC

Nice, glad NLG was added to the wallet too, one of the few coins i hold, plus Komodo coin  Smiley

By the way, can we do coins exchange from our Iguana wallet too?

Eventually the EasyDEX GUI will be incorporated to the same environment, but at first they are two separate things.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 01:47:08 PM

The exchange rates got adjusted, based on more accurate calculations:
1 BTC = 7746,521995 KMD
1 BTCD = 50,42041779 KMD

These are now the final numbers!

tomsmith26

Activity: 1148
Merit: 512

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 02:11:21 PM

1 BTC = 7746,521995 KMD
1 BTCD = 50,42041779 KMD

Thank you for your notice. I wonder when the windows wallet is available for distribution and exchange?
yassin54
Legendary

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 06:18:12 PM

Komodo platform blockchain for everyone, By @bitcoinist

peggy2jj

Activity: 121

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 06:45:22 PM

1 BTC = 7746,521995 KMD
1 BTCD = 50,42041779 KMD

Thanks for the updated
Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 09:26:19 PM

Ah, didn't know that.
How is it organized? Can I change vote later on and its "just" the initial vote, or is it bound to the KMD forever?
Just curious, because Im setting up Komodo nodes as we speak...  Grin
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:15:35 PM

I heard the rules for voting are not set in stone yet. Ask jl777 for more details.
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 10:27:04 PM

Ah, didn't know that.
How is it organized? Can I change vote later on and its "just" the initial vote, or is it bound to the KMD forever?
Just curious, because Im setting up Komodo nodes as we speak...  Grin
I expect annual elections, unless there are special circumstances that require switching some specific nodes

Until the KMD price is over $1, I think annual elections are sufficient.

Of course, in the event that the price goes up dramatically, then there will need to be more frequent elections.

It is a balance and I am open to suggestions on the best election schedule. It just seems that monthly or even quarterly elections are just too frequent, so it goes to annual

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
cebb

Activity: 545
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 12:33:33 AM

ZCASH supply will increase 20X after a year. whereas KMD will increase 5% after a year. So anyone buying ZCASH at the moment either doesn't understand the consequences of hyper inflation or is overestimating the ZCASH hype.

On other hand KMD annual inflation rate is 5%. So for KMD price to not fall from the ICO levels all that is required is that KMD holders just HOLD.  Even if no new money comes in to buy KMD, its price will not fall from the ICO levels. Whereas ZCASH need 20x more money in a year to sustain current price.

If ZCASH is able to pull of bringing that new money in then ZCASH marketcap will be circa. 150 million USD in a year. whereas KMD at current price circa. 10 million USD.

Taking your pick is obvious. A super inflationary coin (ZCASH) vs KMD.
Pages: « 1 ... 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 [136] 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: