Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:43:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191687 times)
kaicrypzen

Activity: 1344
Merit: 656

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 10:07:46 AM

When is the BTCD swap going to start? Will the swap also be done in the ICO platform?

If I remember correctly, the swap is/was supposed to start within the second week after the end of the ICO, anyway the swapping will start before the launch of the mainnet. KomodoPlatform said they were working on making it possible to swap through the ICO website, so we are waiting for news from them.

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BigCat45

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

Bigboss

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 10:37:46 AM

The exchange rates got adjusted, based on more accurate calculations:
1 BTC = 7746,521995 KMD
1 BTCD = 50,42041779 KMD

These are now the final numbers!

So this puts the current market equivalent exchange rate to 0.0065 BTC per BTCD. This is much higher than the estimated 0.0043 earlier during the ICO.

aint it nice, you can still buy BTCD for 50% cheaper. This also makes more profitable for everyone to hold their BTCD and KMD even if it dropped 50% after launch.
That is true. The question is why there are roughly 120BTC up that 0.0065 on the sell side on polo? This will definitely pull KMD price big time in the beginning.
kaicrypzen

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 10:46:38 AM

This also makes more profitable for everyone to hold their BTCD and KMD even if it dropped 50% after launch.

Actually, a 50% bonus covers only a drop by the third of the ICO price i.e. 33.33%. Let's assume for example that the ICO price was 1BTC = 10KMD, with a 50% bonus, that is 1BTC = 15KMD, so you get 15 for the price of 10, price-wise you paid 10/15 = 2/3 = 66,66% of the (no-bonus) ICO price.

MoveCrypto

Activity: 364

move that crypto

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 11:59:15 AM

There was 336.8817 BTC / 77796.0507 BTCD total volume on Poloniex during the time the ico was open (15 Oct - 20 Nov)

Looks like more than 90% of BTCD supply is still holding strong as usual.

MoveCrypto for Komodo Notary
https://komodoplatform.com/
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 01:57:33 PM

Komodo testnet explorer!

@lustro created us a explorer. It is in beta and lacking some features.

https://kpx.io/

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
ibrahim11

Activity: 777
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 02:37:33 PM

I invested 0.5btc in ico and got 3852 KMD. But i could have just bought 0.5btc worth of btcd and got 5500 KMD?
yubit

Activity: 796
Merit: 529

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 02:45:39 PM

We can do the newsletter subscription lottery this week! I'll announce the winners here, and send them email.
Hi! When results will be here?
What about lottery? This week is done.

████▄▄████████████▄▄████
██▄██████████████████▄██
██████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████████
██████████████████████
██▀██████████████████▀██
████▀▀████████████▀▀████
  Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
Ҝ
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 02:54:04 PM

We can do the newsletter subscription lottery this week! I'll announce the winners here, and send them email.
Hi! When results will be here?
What about lottery? This week is done.

We decided to wait until the KMD addresses are visible on the ICO site, so we can collect them right away from the winners.

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 03:07:19 PM

ATTENTION POTENTIAL KOMODO NOTARY NODE CANDIDATES!
[/b]

Today is the last day to create a profile on komodoelection.com Profiles created after today will not be approved until after the first election has concluded

If you are considering becoming a notary node  create your profile ASAP!
kaicrypzen

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 04:25:06 PM

I invested 0.5btc in ico and got 3852 KMD. But i could have just bought 0.5btc worth of btcd and got 5500 KMD?

I didn't check the numbers, but yes, given the price range of BTCD before, during and after the ICO (now), it was/is the best option for small to medium investments.

Titomanereal

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 04:50:28 PM

I didn't check the numbers, but yes, given the price range of BTCD before, during and after the ICO (now), it was/is the best option for small to medium investments.

If you had invested the first day. You would have 4800
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 04:52:54 PM

I just released a pre-release candidate version of komodod. All of the identified hardfork changes are active, including the assetchains decentralized gateway with pricefeed.

I added anti-tampering to the pricefeed, and extended the notarization data to include approvals for withdraws. Additionally, there are limits on the total amount of each fiat that can be created. For now it is set to 10000 to 40000 fiat units per fiat. This limits the total worst case exposure to the blockchain to a small enough level. with pax2, I will activate methods that allow increasing the total allowed while maintaining the max exposure, but first step is to get the fiat cryptos in active use.

I also use the implied KMD price from BTCD conversion in the paxprice calculation. I know there is a strictly limited amount of BTCD available at below ICO prices, but it is what it is and as long as it is trading, whatever price it calculates to is a least more tangible than random guesses. Of course, with the limited liquidity, we get the silly result that marketcap goes up 10% with each 30BTC, +40% with 90 BTC and 333% gained with 150BTC.

So dont take the implied price as any stable way to calculate marketcap, it is just a very rough estimate subject to limited liquidity

I have submitted a draft of the PAX technical description a while ago, but I didnt describe the details of the decentralized gateway, even in that document as there were some issues I had to solve during the implementation. Now that it is complete, I am able to accurately describe it.

I wont go into all the details about the price feed as I already wrote that in the initial document. For here, just assume that we have a reasonable stream of prices coming into the blockchain. By reasonable, I mean that more than 51% are valid prices.

In order to calculate the KMD <-> fiat price conversion we need to know 3 prices: KMDBTC, BTCUSD, fiatUSD (for USD only 2 prices are needed). I use BTC and USD as reference currencies as they are the de facto reference currencies used in the markets.

For the KMDBTC and BTCUSD prices, a method similar to augur is used to get a deterministic but random majority correlated price for each height. This is then price smoothed over the prior day (with a pseudo-random starting point in a circular buffer). Then the same process is done with the derived fiatKMD price, so in order to game the system, the majority of pricefeed samples need to be controlled, which requires control of a majority of the notary nodes. Due to the four-way geographic split and wide voter base for the notary nodes, we dont expect that it is practical to get majority control of the notaries.

However, as a precaution there is a max limit for each fiat allowed, so in the worst case the damage is limited. Until the dynamic rebalancing of pax2 is active, this will be sufficient to prevent any runaway scenarios.

So we can assume that for each height, we have a deterministic price consensus that is not gameable for all 32 fiats. I believe Komodo is the first to achieve this. But this is just the start of PAX! In order for PAX to work, the pricefeed needs to be converted to blockchain enforced coins. The general concept of how to do this was introduced with the multigateway (MGW) that I did almost 3 years ago, but going from a distributed MGW to a decentralized gateway required some complex steps.

Namely 5 steps.
1) paxdeposit: this is the process of creating new fiat coins dynamically by converting the corresponding amount of KMD into the fiat coin. This is achieved by burning the KMD in an OP_RETURN, which includes the specifics on prices, fiat, etc.

The KMD side is straightforward, the trick is how to convert that OP_RETURN burn into an issue of the fiat coins in the fiat assetchain. Before we can even think about doing this, we need to solve how on earth can many blockchains know the state of the other blockchains!? It is not practical to use the RPC due to performance problems when dealing with dozens of chains.

I ended up having to create a special komodostate file that records each event in a file. This allows all instances to parse the komodostates of all the other chains and thereby reproduce the identical state in all 33 chains. It was a lot harder than it sounds to get it all working stable.

2) Issue: So, given that, the fiat chain can "see" the OP_RETURN burn and when it does, it tracks which ones have been issued. Things happens all out of order, so we also need to know when we are all caught up to realtime states in both chains as we dont want to do any duplicates. It is the miner that actually does the query for any deposits without the matching issue. All the miners on all the nodes see the same pending deposits (we are in consensus after all), so regardless of which node mines the next block, the pending deposit is issued.

The way I issue the fiat coin is to extend the coinbase transaction with extra outputs, along with a summary OP_RETURN. When this is seen (on all nodes for all chains), the deposit is marked as completed so it wont be duplicated.

Now the fiat coins are issued at the appropriate price, once and only once. Note that the same method can be used to create a sidechain, just remove the pricefeed and do it 1:1

Believe it or not, this is the easy side of the decentralized gateway. The reason is that all assetchains have to run komodod, so we can be assured that all nodes running EUR chain has access to the realtime komodod state. However, the reverse is not true. Not all komodod instances will have access to the current (or any) fiat chain instance, since a user can pick and choose which assetchains to run.

This assymmetry creates quite a lot of potential issues. Once approach is to use the segwit method of having two classes of nodes, the updated segwit ones that are able to validate transactions and the other nodes that just need to trust the segwit nodes to validate. With enough nodes running to verify things, it might be acceptable, but we have notary nodes, so I decided to enhance that level of security with a notarization of each withdraw. So there is a withdraw, approval, redeem on the conversion of fiat coin back to KMD.

3) paxwithdraw: nearly identical to the paxdeposit, just done on the fiat chain side to create the OP_RETURN burn of the fiat coins.

4) approval: notary nodes add paxwithdraw details to the notarized data. All nodes that run both komodod and the fiat chain are able to verify that the paxwithdraw details in the notarized data are valid. This means we get the segwit level validation enhanced with notary node consensus on the withdraw data. Now even a node that is only running komodod gets almost as reliable data as actually running all the fiat chains.

5) redeem: all nodes that are mining gets the pending withdraws (using paxpending RPC) so whichever node mines the next block, the redeem is issued properly. Once and only once. All the nodes are able to validate using the approval data or the data directly from the fiat chain.

One final thing which we shouldnt forget is to make sure that prior to 2) issue, that it is notarized. this way fiat coins are issued only after they are notarized in btc chain. On the return side, since we are piggy backing on a notarization, we get the benefit of notary node consensus for the redeem.

Hopefully the above answers all the questions you have had about how on earth can pax possibly work.

Next up is to verify the iguana notary dapp is updated to match the komodod. I think it  already is, but need to verify it. iguana notary dapp changes can be made without a hardfork, so it is less priority than komodod changes that would create a hardfork.

The pre-release candidate isnt a release candidate as I am waiting for zcash to release 1.04 so I can rebase to it. That is expected next week, which is good timing as it will likely take a week or so to verify the assetchains.

With fixing any bugs in the above as priority, I will be shifting to porting the DEX to the notary nodes and getting it integrated into komodod so iguana and komodod can cooperatively DEX. This wont be hardfork changes to komodod, so it can happen even after the initial mainnet version is out, but I prefer to get it done prior to it.

I am ready to do REVS snapshot at any moment, but due to popular demand to allow people to participate in the snapshot without any local wallet, we are updating the ICO site to allow for this and this takes time. I am not personally working on it, so please dont ask me its status.

I believe the current PAX is the first implementation of a decentralized gateway, especially one with an external price feed. By using the notary nodes, it becomes possible to do things that otherwise would not be possible to do. Komodo is thus able to continue to be enhanced with what otherwise would require centralized servers, but instead of that, Komodo can use the notaries + decentralized methods.

PAX proves that it can be done, but it is just the first of such a hybrid functionality to be active.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2016, 05:44:52 PM

We now have our candidates!

We have split the world into four different regions, and each will have its own election. By doing this we ensure that we will have nodes all over the world, and no single country can shut them all down.

Each KMD can vote once on each region or election. You can vote one node per region, so at the end you will vote 4 times.

The four regions are:
 - EU (Europe)
 - NA (North America)
 - AR (Asia & Russia)
 - SH (Southern Hemisphere)

All the nodes are marked on the map, including the borders of each region. For now the map can be found from here: https://api.mapbox.com/styles/v1/audo/civtcyskm001k2krh98cgt8vz.html?title=true&access_token=pk.eyJ1IjoiYXVkbyIsImEiOiJjaXZzam83MTMwMDJsMm9td3k3N2RqMHB3In0.kKTgVKGejbZ5c00ib9hBpw#2/11.68838750883323/-33.754700917051395/0

We just passed the deadline and no new candidates can join the election. Here is what we have:
 - Number of candidates: 27
 - Nodes in EU: 20
 - Nodes in NA: 20
 - Nodes in AR: 13
 - Nodes in SH: 14
 --> total nodes: 67

Schedule

Unfortunately we still cannot give a precise schedule for the election & distribution of KMD coins. We will develop a way to deposit BTCD to our ICO site, and it's taking longer than expected. Possibly our GUI projects also need little more time to get easy installers ready. More precise dates and times will be provided once we can promise those.

The plan is that BTCD holders can deposit their BTCD to our ICO site. We will have to give them several days to do this, and after that we can take the BTCD blockchain snapshot. After that our investors can redeem KMD tokens and vote, and after we have our notary nodes we can distribute the KMD coins.

The end result is, that everyone can vote and get their KMD coins at the same time.

When will we be in exchanges? The situation hasn't changed: we cannot promise anything. Of course if the situation changes we will update everyone about it.

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:53:31 PM

We now have our candidates!

PM.coins

Activity: 616

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 05:55:27 PM

Wow ... the candidate of Europe very much.  Shocked
I think this project was succes
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 06:10:02 PM

It this true? how you have done this calculation?

I have also invested using bitcoin, haven't thought if i had purchased btcd and swap it for KMD i could have gained more than investing in ICO.  Angry

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
szafa

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 06:17:48 PM

When wallet Windows relase?
BigCat45

Activity: 441

Bigboss

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 06:58:28 PM

But those who keep BTCD in their own wallets or exchanges would not vote. Correct?
rnr

Activity: 247

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:02:47 PM

But those who keep BTCD in their own wallets or exchanges would not vote. Correct?

correct
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 27, 2016, 07:13:48 PM

Wow ... the candidate of Europe very much.  Shocked
I think this project was succes

Yes, it's becoming more and more crowded in EU region. Europe has always been an active blockchain/cryptocurreny region. A lot of fanatics out there.  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: