Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:36:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191683 times)
Ive Gone Parabolic

Activity: 179
Merit: 20

View Profile
December 27, 2016, 11:08:08 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2017, 01:37:11 PM by Ive Gone Parabolic

Will be there more docs on that?

No jokes, no docs, no party. Iguana abandoned a cell in the zoo and walks away, glimpsing at strangers as if they owe her money. Looking at how a discussion develops, I came to a conclusion that iguana died and kmd will follow her destiny.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EBK1000
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

A Wound in Eternity

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:06:46 AM

The only thing I would say is that there would be a substantial bounty for Komodo names/addresses if it fails. I am sure that enough people would be aggrieved enough to facilitate that!

Soooooooon...............
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:39:50 AM

Quote from: boogieman
Iguana Update #17

If you have been good kids during the year, Santa will bring you an Iguana application on your device on the New Year Eve. But you were not. )

We have first Windows and Chrome versions of the Iguana app, they are in test now and are more likely to be ready for a public beta after NY night.

I wish this progress report were not on the official Iguana promo site yet, that's why I asked the Old Laplandian to put the Iguana site along as the new SuperNET site with downloadable applications under the tree.  

Thu GUI
We have completed all features allocated for 0.2 and now busy with closing blockers and solving light issues.  

Mind, that the GUI will be in 0.xx state until we have all wallet and now exchange essential features onboard and working.  
Even though we have already applied a bulk of tests, which will make 0.2 version the first properly tested version, more bug reports from users and community testers are expected.  More details you will find in 0.2 release notes.

Chrome App
Iguana multi-cryptocurrency & blockchain light app is ready to be published on Chrome Store.  Now it is available to SuperNET testers only. So do not rush to install it to your browsers. Soon we will announce when it will be open to public.

Windows App
As we decided to bundle wallet features with Easy-Dex features and Komodo daemon, there some issues with building a fully and properly working desktop application.
Yesterday, I gave a quick test to a Windows x64 version. I downloaded the files, launched the Iguana app and created a Komodo wallet.  Soon I will give a  better personal test to all the wallet and exchange features and implemented settings.

Mac App
Tests are showing that the app stops after a short running, no issues causing that discovered yet, but we have Komodo daemon working on MacOS.

Web Hosted  App
Iguana promo site will have its functionality in a demo mode. We just need to wait for some security checks to start mounting it.

Resume
The day when the world will witness Iguana is inevitably approaching. )

great news and well done boogieman!
look fantastic Smiley
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 04:27:44 AM

I was reading this page:

https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

And one of the drawback of Zcash was described as: 

"Zcash requires a Trusted Setup. This means that you have to trust that the Zcash system was set up without any backdoors, potential for eavsdropping or monitoring of your transactions, or any other nefarious purposes. As we've seen with virtually all large software companies, such as Microsoft, Apple, and even governments, they can't be trusted. Trusting people you don't know in those positions makes no sense. Trusting in only math is better.

A Trusted Setup system also means that the Zcash developers could produce more Zcash at any time without anyone knowing, thus inflating the Zcash economy while making themselves rich. If a hacker gained access to the system, he could do the same thing...and nobody would necessarily know."

Will Komodo have these same flaws???
jwiz168

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 04:40:33 AM

Iguana seems to be gearing towards easy to use decentralized exchange for several platforms be it on desktop or light wallet.it support almost 30 popular cryptocurrencies, make it more appealing to the users.
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:12:14 AM

Will be there more docs on that?

No jokes, no docs, no party. Iguana abandoned a cell in the zoo and walks away, glimpsing at strangers as if they own her money. Looking at how a discussion develops, I came to a conclusion that iguana died and kmd will follow her destiny.

Nonsense...

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
thepo1m

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:23:58 AM

When is all these testnet wallet going to be available for use, I don't see any real progress on the development level when it comes to Komodo, all I read here is the story of swap tokens. I just hope we real investors will be protected   
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:16:01 AM

When is all these testnet wallet going to be available for use, I don't see any real progress on the development level when it comes to Komodo, all I read here is the story of swap tokens. I just hope we real investors will be protected   

Its been available to use for months.  How do you think people have been running a testnet  ?     

https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/Setup-Komodo-Notary-Node
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:19:47 AM

I was reading this page:

"Zcash requires a Trusted Setup. This means that you have to trust that the Zcash system was set up without any backdoors, potential for eavsdropping or monitoring of your transactions, or any other nefarious purposes. As we've seen with virtually all large software companies, such as Microsoft, Apple, and even governments, they can't be trusted. Trusting people you don't know in those positions makes no sense. Trusting in only math is better.

A Trusted Setup system also means that the Zcash developers could produce more Zcash at any time without anyone knowing, thus inflating the Zcash economy while making themselves rich. If a hacker gained access to the system, he could do the same thing...and nobody would necessarily know."

Here is a piece I wrote earlier on the subject:

Komodo uses the same zkSNARK parameters as Zcash.  We have not generated them, we are using what the Zcash team has created.   Genesis Block creation  is different than zkSNARK creation.     

As of this time we have no reason to doubt that the Zcash team performed its parameter generation without collusion towards the end of "creating money out of thin air".    What people seem to forget is that the Zcash team is a legitimate company and many who are on their team are well-respected professionals.  If collusion did happen between the participants of the parameter generating ceremony, the company would be in a hell of a lot of legal trouble  not to mention many of the individuals careers would be over.   The consequences of being caught combined with the limited amounts of gains from collusion  ( only profitable if amount of transparent coins is under the amount of coin supply ) makes the likelihood of the toxic waste having been reassembled very minuscule.

In addition the extensive "ceremony" used in parameter generation makes it very unlikely that an outside party would have compromised them.

As to why we do not generate our own parameters and have our own ceremony

1)  We could not accomplish the same degree of security and procedure that the Zcash team had for the ceremony.
2)  Having our own ceremony would do nothing to alleviate the constant FUD surrounding the infintismal likelihood of the "toxic waste" being reassembled, and would in fact just bring in more illegitimate criticisms because we would not have done an extensive ceremony as Zcash did or rumors that the Komodo team was somehow colluding.

By using their parameters we rid ourselves of that headache.
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 12:48:02 PM

Is komodo going to keep all BB, Byteball, for themselves or are they going to give it partially back to the community who generously made this all avaialable? Lisk and Waves seems to be doing the last thing..
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 01:22:45 PM

Is komodo going to keep all BB, Byteball, for themselves or are they going to give it partially back to the community who generously made this all avaialable? Lisk and Waves seems to be doing the last thing..

is it true that komodo funds have been used to participate in the byteball distribution? if so, will we see some of that?
Byteball looks like a promising technology and we consider it as a long term investment. We will use the byteballs for working capital.
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 02:09:41 PM
Last edit: December 28, 2016, 02:21:23 PM by Relaxedsense

is it true that komodo funds have been used to participate in the byteball distribution? if so, will we see some of that?
Byteball looks like a promising technology and we consider it as a long term investment. We will use the byteballs for working capital.

So why does Komodo keep their BB share and Why do Lisk and Waves give it back to the community, is this the mindset we can expect for the road ahead?

This made me curious, what is the hourly wage The komodo team counts for it self? 100 dollar per hour?

Why is no one asking these questions? Is everyone in a Bliss?
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 03:25:56 PM

So why does Komodo keep their BB share and Why do Lisk and Waves give it back to the community, is this the mindset we can expect for the road ahead?

This made me curious, what is the hourly wage The komodo team counts for it self? 100 dollar per hour?

As i remember, the Devs already mention this already...running the Nodes is pretty expensive.
So the team want to run the Nodes for at least minimum 10 years, before it can be self sufficient.
and the left over from the fund will be use for development...

As an investor i'm not worried at all, because the Komodo Team clearly have a long term vision for Komodo, and not just start up a coin and then run away after couple of months like many other coins out there.

By the way, Komodo is not just a copy paste from Bitcoin & Zcash...but more and more amazing app are being added to the platform...so the future is very bright  Grin

KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 04:44:53 PM

We want to finish our platform and all the things we are building on top. To make sure that happens we want to get all the funding we can get. There are a lot of uncertainty still, as KMD is not even trading and we have promised a minimum revenue for these expensive notary nodes.

During the ICO jl777 was asked what we do with the byteballs we get. The answer was that we very well could distribute them to investors in a high end scenario where we raise 5000 - 10 000 BTC. We raised 2600 BTC and thus we will keep the byteballs as an investment.

The SuperNET organization has been here a long time, and its history has invelved a lot of up & downs. A lot of our capital was in NXT, which has lost a lot of value. Basically the development has continued under bear market conditions, and yet we are here! And through this whole time we have stayed loyal to our investors, and we will continue to do so.

We are really happy what we got during the ICO, and it is enough to make our vision happen. With more funding we could have hired more people though, so if these byteballs become worth something we could increase our burn-rate and get faster development. Right now we are working with what we got, and we will continue to operate under a strict budget that will ensure development long into the future.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 05:34:49 PM

We want to finish our platform and all the things we are building on top. To make sure that happens we want to get all the funding we can get. There are a lot of uncertainty still, as KMD is not even trading and we have promised a minimum revenue for these expensive notary nodes.

During the ICO jl777 was asked what we do with the byteballs we get. The answer was that we very well could distribute them to investors in a high end scenario where we raise 5000 - 10 000 BTC. We raised 2600 BTC and thus we will keep the byteballs as an investment.

The SuperNET organization has been here a long time, and its history has invelved a lot of up & downs. A lot of our capital was in NXT, which has lost a lot of value. Basically the development has continued under bear market conditions, and yet we are here! And through this whole time we have stayed loyal to our investors, and we will continue to do so.

We are really happy what we got during the ICO, and it is enough to make our vision happen. With more funding we could have hired more people though, so if these byteballs become worth something we could increase our burn-rate and get faster development. Right now we are working with what we got, and we will continue to operate under a strict budget that will ensure development long into the future.
i agree and support all of you.
keep doing good job and we wait  good news for next years . 2017 will be grate start Smiley
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 05:51:34 PM

I was reading this page:

Here is a piece I wrote earlier on the subject:

Komodo uses the same zkSNARK parameters as Zcash.  We have not generated them, we are using what the Zcash team has created.   Genesis Block creation  is different than zkSNARK creation.     

As of this time we have no reason to doubt that the Zcash team performed its parameter generation without collusion towards the end of "creating money out of thin air".    What people seem to forget is that the Zcash team is a legitimate company and many who are on their team are well-respected professionals.  If collusion did happen between the participants of the parameter generating ceremony, the company would be in a hell of a lot of legal trouble  not to mention many of the individuals careers would be over.   The consequences of being caught combined with the limited amounts of gains from collusion  ( only profitable if amount of transparent coins is under the amount of coin supply ) makes the likelihood of the toxic waste having been reassembled very minuscule.

In addition the extensive "ceremony" used in parameter generation makes it very unlikely that an outside party would have compromised them.

As to why we do not generate our own parameters and have our own ceremony

1)  We could not accomplish the same degree of security and procedure that the Zcash team had for the ceremony.
2)  Having our own ceremony would do nothing to alleviate the constant FUD surrounding the infintismal likelihood of the "toxic waste" being reassembled, and would in fact just bring in more illegitimate criticisms because we would not have done an extensive ceremony as Zcash did or rumors that the Komodo team was somehow colluding.

By using their parameters we rid ourselves of that headache.

This answer can now be found from our useresponse website: https://komodoplatform.useresponse.com/knowledge-base/article/how-will-komodo-solve-the-trusted-setup-problem-of-zcash

We have answered this question quite many times, here's a couple more answers:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg16257692#msg16257692
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg16352842#msg16352842
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg16636554#msg16636554

Wink

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
Sincere_

Activity: 716

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 06:22:24 PM

Is there a specific eta for when Komodo will be released I seen maybe 3 weeks just seeing is there a specific date announced?
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
December 28, 2016, 07:31:36 PM

Is there a specific eta for when Komodo will be released I seen maybe 3 weeks just seeing is there a specific date announced?

There isn't yet. The situation has been the same: we are waiting for the ICO website to support BTCD deposit, so we can take the snapshot, start the swap, and then start the elections. This delay has given time for jl777 to code DEX features into KMD/notary nodes, so now it looks like there's no need for any hardforks after we have launched.

animalroam
Legendary

Activity: 1073

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 07:44:52 PM

Please point me to a source that suggests LISK and WAVES might give Byteballs to their ICO users. I have invested in both of them and see no such evidence. Komodo is doing the right thing by keeping the Byteballs for development.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:35:44 PM

2 weeks after the end of ICO

Cheers Jon  Grin

Edit: please note timeline may alter after we collect BTC

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
Pages: « 1 ... 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 [163] 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: