Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:40:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191684 times)
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 08:55:12 PM

Is there a specific eta for when Komodo will be released I seen maybe 3 weeks just seeing is there a specific date announced?

2 weeks after the end of ICO

Cheers Jon  Grin

Edit: please note timeline may alter after we collect BTC

You are more than welcome to help test.  We have been posting the github for it all throughout the ICO.   But if you need a granny-version  then you are going to have to wait a bit more. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 28, 2016, 10:56:27 PM

BTCD has a lower rate now compare that to 2 weeks ago. Maybe its time to buy some as to increase my stake and wait for the snapshot to gain more revshares Smiley
mybitcoin101

Activity: 378
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 02:53:06 AM

been out of the loop...

all i need to know is:

where do i go to get my komodo when ready
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 03:19:34 AM

I was reading this page:

https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php

And one of the drawback of Zcash was described as: 

"Zcash requires a Trusted Setup. This means that you have to trust that the Zcash system was set up without any backdoors, potential for eavsdropping or monitoring of your transactions, or any other nefarious purposes. As we've seen with virtually all large software companies, such as Microsoft, Apple, and even governments, they can't be trusted. Trusting people you don't know in those positions makes no sense. Trusting in only math is better.

A Trusted Setup system also means that the Zcash developers could produce more Zcash at any time without anyone knowing, thus inflating the Zcash economy while making themselves rich. If a hacker gained access to the system, he could do the same thing...and nobody would necessarily know."

Will Komodo have these same flaws???

Why would they create a backdoor when you already came in through the frontdoor? The coin is already created out of thin air... They would shoot themselves in the foot by allowing a hacker or themselves to create more. Meantime they can manipulate the markets since they can own majority shares. A group of angel investors can buy their own decentralized exchange coins to create fake volume or trap people buying in.
tclo

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 03:30:28 AM

BTCD has a lower rate now compare that to 2 weeks ago. Maybe its time to buy some as to increase my stake and wait for the snapshot to gain more revshares Smiley

Well remember that BTC has increased a lot, so BTCD is not really much lower, if at all, in USD terms, than it was 2 weeks ago.
tclo

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 03:34:09 AM

Meantime they can manipulate the markets since they can own majority shares.

They won't own the majority.   They will own 10%.
ERossin

Activity: 490
Merit: 262

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 04:54:09 AM

Komodo ICO is also a trustable project . This project is a flexible combination from many resources of advanced technology .
They have worked on this project with a big developing team. I hope KMD will creat many advanced differences for this project.

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
■    PRIVATE SALE is LIVE    ■
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Whitepaper   ■   Bounty   ■   Bitcointalk

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
                        ███
                     ▄▄ ▀▀▀ ███
                     ██▀ ▄▄ ▀▀▀
                   ▄▄    █▀▀ ▄▄ ██
                   ▀▀ ▄█  ▄▄ ▀
                  ██  ▀ ▄ ▀
                  ▄▄ █▄ ▀▀
                  ▀▀  ▄ ▀
   ▄▄              ██ ▀ ▀
   ██▀               ▄ ▀
  ▄  ▄█         ▄ ▄   ▀
 ███  ▀ █▄ ▄▀ ▀▄  ▀  ▄ ██ ██
  ▀▀ █▄ ▄  ▄█ ▀ █▀  ▀ ▄ ▄▄  ▄█▄
███     ▀▀   ▄█▄       ▄ ▀ ▄ ▀ ▄
▀▀▀ ██ ██ ██  ▀         ▄▄ ▀▀ ▀██
                         ▀ ▄█  ▄▄
                        ▄█ ▀▀ ▀██
                        ▄ ▄█▄
                       ▀▀ ▀▀
                      ██
Skynet
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
Telegram   ■   Facebook   ■   Twitter   ■   Medium   ■   Reddit   ■   LinkedIn
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
CREATING THE INTELLIGENT MACHINE ECONOMY

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 06:40:38 AM

Meantime they can manipulate the markets since they can own majority shares.

They won't own the majority.   They will own 10%.

They can still buy their own ICO... I thought some investor group owns 500 BTC of the KMD ICO at 35%. How much went to a group you won't really know for sure.
ArabMist

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:33:36 AM

I had the same thought about byteball, if Komodo can't run itself on the bitcoin that we all put up for this project, then it should have refunded every one of us and said "sorry guys, we can't make this thing fly". It shouldn't have to rely on the byteballs. Giving them back to the komodo investors would have been an awesome loyalty move that has been missed. Now a lot of Komodo investors are (rightly or wrongly) thinking "f*ck you komodo, can't wait to dump my tokens as soon as I can.

Let's not forget the yes, nodes are expensive but btc has just taken a huge hike in value. JL777 is no fool when it comes to crypto trading and I assume he's moving them about for optimum profit and to maximise the budget.

I just think the BB cost nothing so wouldn't cost anything to give them away.

I write this as someone who linked a large amount of btc to the BB project so I'm holding long term. I'm not writing this as someone who missed out on that unique project.

I'm not expecting this post to be addressed by the team as it's been dealt with previously, I just wanted to express my thoughts on the matter.

mamamae
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 09:59:45 AM

cash is cash still in the dumps but soon to be retrieved

reality ? you fell to Scammers after being in an ICO , IPO
(more like any other stock and index in the world ICO or not got your portfolio down 25 % or 85 %)
Now  SEC is helping you getting back up your lost money maybe....
laugh2btc

Activity: 531

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 10:09:23 AM

How to claim newsletter bounty?
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784
Merit: 253

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 10:17:25 AM

been out of the loop...

all i need to know is:

where do i go to get my komodo when ready

All can be done through our ICO site.
 - if you invested with BTC you will get your KMD coins there
 - you can vote through the ICO site
 - soon you will be able to deposit BTCD's that will be automatically swapped for KMD
 - if you deposit the BTCD before the snapshot is taken, then you will also get the REVS asset

The only thing you MUST do is secure your passphrase/seed. We don't have it, so make sure you got the right one somewhere safe. You can check that the public KMD address matches with the seed you got through the ICO site.

After the KMD is distributed there is no way to recover any KMD without the passphrase/seed, and we don't have those!

How to claim newsletter bounty?

We sent an email to every winner. To claim you had to reply and include your KMD address. If you did that then it's all good!

The bounty will be send at the same time we distribute the KMD.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 04:52:28 PM
Last edit: December 29, 2016, 05:47:46 PM by jl777

I had the same thought about byteball, if Komodo can't run itself on the bitcoin that we all put up for this project, then it should have refunded every one of us and said "sorry guys, we can't make this thing fly". It shouldn't have to rely on the byteballs. Giving them back to the komodo investors would have been an awesome loyalty move that has been missed. Now a lot of Komodo investors are (rightly or wrongly) thinking "f*ck you komodo, can't wait to dump my tokens as soon as I can.

Let's not forget the yes, nodes are expensive but btc has just taken a huge hike in value. JL777 is no fool when it comes to crypto trading and I assume he's moving them about for optimum profit and to maximise the budget.

I write this as someone who linked a large amount of btc to the BB project so I'm holding long term. I'm not writing this as someone who missed out on that unique project.

I'm not expecting this post to be addressed by the team as it's been dealt with previously, I just wanted to express my thoughts on the matter.

There are a few assumptions here that I am not sure are correct.

First of all, the assumption that it wont cost anything to distribute the BB is incorrect as I am not aware of any built in BB dividend function that can take a snapshot of KMD balance and allocate some amount of BB to it

which means somebody would have to code this. there arent exactly a long line of volunteers who are prepared to create a production usable BB dividend mechanism.

which means it would take time and cost money and also necessarily delay core komodo functionality as it is likely that the staffing needed to do this are already on critical paths. So there would definitely be direct costs and an indeterminate amount of indefinite costs.

Now, I am not sure what market value the KMD's BB stake will be worth. If the value of the BB is 10 to 50 BTC, then after netting out the cost for running the dividend, there wont be that much left over, ie 10 BTC / 100 million -> 10 satoshis per KMD.

So for every 10 BTC of BB value, it is a whopping extra 10 satoshis per KMD. To put this into perspective, if you have 10 million KMD, it will be worth 1 BTC. If you have 1 BTC worth of KMD, it will be worth about .001 BTC

Now, whatever value the BB has it will go toward enhancing KMD, so investors are getting value from it. Based on my estimates the costs for doing the distribution will be in the same order as the value. The only way I would do it is if I had promised that I would and it was an obligation to do so. However, I said that we had to raise the higher end of the ICO for us to do the BB distribution.

What we raised was not sufficient to qualify as the higher end of ICO and we have already had to reduce the notary node subsidies due to this. So it is not like we are swimming in so much money that we can take time and effort away from the main KMD work, to send out money that we would have been be able to use.

Anyway, this question has been asked and answered. Events turned out to not trigger any BB dividend. There are costs associated with doing a dividend and even if I didnt already say that I wouldnt do it, given the current information I have, I still wouldnt do it.

My obligation is to the KMD investors, which means increasing the value of KMD and not spending time and effort distributing out funds that we could very well use in future years. Also, what many seem to forget/ignore is that I stated what conditions were needed to trigger the BB distribution DURING the ICO. To me, that means that people invested in the ICO with the assumption that I would do what I said. If I change that, then it breaks trust with the investors.

Please do not ask me to break trust with the investors. I simply cannot consider it.

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Crypto8man

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 05:57:31 PM

Hi, there. I wanna to ask something. I deposited Btcs 2 monthes ago and have a profile on the website komodoplatform.com with some KMD Balance.

What can I do right now? Just wait? I don't see any options to withdraw neither I don't know where I can do that )
RJF19

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 06:25:17 PM

There are a few assumptions here that I am not sure are correct.

First of all, the assumption that it wont cost anything to distribute the BB is incorrect as I am not aware of any built in BB dividend function that can take a snapshot of KMD balance and allocate some amount of BB to it

which means somebody would have to code this. there arent exactly a long line of volunteers who are prepared to create a production usable BB dividend mechanism.

which means it would take time and cost money and also necessarily delay core komodo functionality as it is likely that the staffing needed to do this are already on critical paths. So there would definitely be direct costs and an indeterminate amount of indefinite costs.

Now, I am not sure what market value the KMD's BB stake will be worth. If the value of the BB is 10 to 50 BTC, then after netting out the cost for running the dividend, there wont be that much left over, ie 10 BTC / 100 million -> 10 satoshis per KMD.

So for every 10 BTC of BB value, it is a whopping extra 10 satoshis per KMD. To put this into perspective, if you have 10 million KMD, it will be worth 1 BTC. If you have 1 BTC worth of KMD, it will be worth about .001 BTC

Now, whatever value the BB has it will go toward enhancing KMD, so investors are getting value from it. Based on my estimates the costs for doing the distribution will be in the same order as the value. The only way I would do it is if I had promised that I would and it was an obligation to do so. However, I said that we had to raise the higher end of the ICO for us to do the BB distribution.

What we raised was not sufficient to qualify as the higher end of ICO and we have already had to reduce the notary node subsidies due to this. So it is not like we are swimming in so much money that we can take time and effort away from the main KMD work, to send out money that we would have been be able to use.

Anyway, this question has been asked and answered. Events turned out to not trigger any BB dividend. There are costs associated with doing a dividend and even if I didnt already say that I wouldnt do it, given the current information I have, I still wouldnt do it.

My obligation is to the KMD investors, which means increasing the value of KMD and not spending time and effort distributing out funds that we could very well use in future years. Also, what many seem to forget/ignore is that I stated what conditions were needed to trigger the BB distribution DURING the ICO. To me, that means that people invested in the ICO with the assumption that I would do what I said. If I change that, then it breaks trust with the investors.

Please do not ask me to break trust with the investors. I simply cannot consider it.

"Now a lot of Komodo investors are (rightly or wrongly) thinking "f*ck you komodo, can't wait to dump my tokens as soon as I can. "

No, "a lot" of us are not thinking that, that is not reality. But, for those few who are, please, do it as soon as you can so the rest of us can get back to growing our investment and actually using KMD..

"My obligation is to the KMD investors, which means increasing the value of KMD and not spending time and effort distributing out funds that we could very well use in future years. "

Exactly and, thank you for stating that, it is crux of everything being done here right now. As a KMD investor, ICO and BTCD (when swap is available), I am quite pleased with jl777's integrity and work ethic as well as the progress being made on this project. Those of you complaining, try it yourself. I've been writing code since the early '90s and I know what it takes so, be patient if you want quality and security.

I really wish people would consider what they are about to commit to history by posting in these forums.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:31:19 PM

Komodo Marketing Update: Building the Groundwork.

KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 08:34:23 PM

Hi, there. I wanna to ask something. I deposited Btcs 2 monthes ago and have a profile on the website komodoplatform.com with some KMD Balance.

What can I do right now? Just wait? I don't see any options to withdraw neither I don't know where I can do that )

Yes just wait for the elections to start... and after those we will distribute the KMD.

There's is one thing you should do right now though, and we have said it before, but it is important so I'll say it again and again Smiley

Verify your seed/passphrase!

Go to the komodo ICO site and make sure the KMD address you see there matches with the seed/passphrase you have saved. Then make sure you keep it in safe place, and remember that we don't have your seed! You are responsible for your own money, and after the KMD distribution there is no way to undo what is done.

If you lose your seed, you lose your investment.

Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
Crypto8man

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:39:56 PM

Go to the komodo ICO site and make sure the KMD address you see there matches with the seed/passphrase you have saved.

I'm confused, how can I do that? How can I check if phrase matches KMD address?
KomodoPlatform

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2016, 08:45:02 PM

Go to the komodo ICO site and make sure the KMD address you see there matches with the seed/passphrase you have saved.

I'm confused, how can I do that? How can I check if phrase matches KMD address?

Here are instructions:

How to check you got the right passphrase/seed!

-> "check KMD address"
-> enter passphrase / seed
---> it returns the public KMD address

then it should match with your active KMD address above it

Example:

In the above picture the KMD addresses don't match, and there's a problem (the seed is incorrect).

The answer is now also available on our useresponse site: https://komodoplatform.useresponse.com/knowledge-base/article/how-do-i-check-i-got-the-right-seedpassphrase

Crypto8man

View Profile
December 29, 2016, 08:52:43 PM

-> "check KMD address"
-> enter passphrase / seed
---> it returns the public KMD address

then it should match with your active KMD address above it

Just verified, thank you.
Pages: « 1 ... 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 [164] 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: