Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 05:46:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191717 times)
Socket54

Activity: 148
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:47:15 PM

"So the question is if we should disable basilisk mode to eliminate all basilisk tech support issues and force people to use native mode?"

I would be in favor of this so long as i can direct blockchain storage to my 2TB HDD that is reserved for blocks.
My main drive a SDD with 120 GB is reserved for OS and app, wallet, programs, etc etc. So you know, for me and i think
Most people this is one of the issues with storage of blockchains is how you setup your systems and drives. Ifwe can do that,
I would gladly store and support this blockchain as well.

Laugh Smile and Love
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 03:54:34 PM

I am managing things as if it was a long term marathon, so things like long term financial viability are much more important than whether it will get pumped to an artificially high price for a short period of time in an unsustainable pump.

And this is one of the main reasons I support KMD.

Note to newbies. You want devs (and teams) like this ^
veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 04:07:18 PM

jl777 for president! Grin
Wolf Rainer
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1022

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 06:03:31 PM

How do I change BTCD for KMD?
barbierir

Activity: 515
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 06:33:39 PM

How do I change BTCD for KMD?

You must register on https://ico.komodoplatform.com/ and send them to your Btcd deposit address and then request a payout. The payouts are processed manually the first friday of each month. Save your Komodo address seed that is needed to access your Kmd with Agama wallet!

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
barbierir

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 06:36:10 PM

Did I mention that we are currently testing smartaddresses?

Since smartaddresses seem have gone unnoticed, here's a faq about them at https://github.com/SuperNETorg/komodo/wiki/FAQ-for-smartaddresses

FAQ for smartaddresses

Q. What are smartaddresses?

A. Smart addresses are a set of local coin addresses that are derived from the main passphrase. The same passphrase is used for all coins and different types of smart addresses can be logged into directly by adding a prefix for each specific type of smartaddress.
Q. What does a smartaddress do?

A. Depending on the type of smartaddress it will either start a jumblr sequence or just do a DEX swap. For KMD the jumblr process stays within KMD, for all other coins, the jumblr process converts to KMD first and then feeds into the KMD jumblr. The “deposit” type is used for this, similar to depositing funds at an exchange deposit address that is customized for you, there is a “deposit” type of smartaddress for each active coin. You just send coins to that address and it automatically does a DEX to KMD and from there it is jumble’ed. Currently all jumble’ed funds end up as jumblr’ed BTC as that is the mainstream case.
Q. Is it possible to disable converting jumblr into BTC.

A. Yes, the runsilent API can be used to prevent the last of three KMD jumblr transactions, the Z -> T transaction. This has the benefit of maximizing privacy over time and prevents the conversion into BTC.
Q. What does the “jumblr” type smartaddress do?

A. That is a special type that designates the destination address for jumblr’ed funds and doesn’t actually do anything extra.
Q. How can I access the jumblr’ed funds?

A. You can login directly to the jumblr’ed funds’ address by prefixing “jumblr “ to your normal passphrase. From there you can directly spend the jumbled funds, but be careful to not commingle such spending with your other funds. In order to minimize the chances for this, it is recommended to use basilisk mode when spending jumbled funds.
Q. How can I access jumbled funds without using basilisk mode.

A. You can importprivkey the wif into komodod and use sendtoaddress or any other method for spending funds. For people that take privacy seriously, it is recommended to have a dedicated node that only has imported the privkeys for jumblr addresses and not to mix any other addresses. Then by using this node in a private way it maximizes the privacy as there is no way to backtrace the funds to anything other than “some address that jumbled funds”
Q. What other smartaddress types are there?

A. Currently there are coin types for DEX atomic swaps into that coin. The type is the coin symbol in lowercase.
Q. What does DEXratio do?

A. By default a DEX client requires 99.5% of theoretical value to accept a DEX offer. This sounds good, but in practice it requires an accommodating LP node to offer such a low margin. Using a DEXratio that is lower allows trades to happen faster. However, if you are not in a hurry, then 99.5% will be a way to maximize your funds.
Q. Will smartaddress DEX swap happen instantly?

A. No, but this is actually a good thing! With a native DEX you are directly swapping specific undo (unspent coins) in your wallet. This means that the exact amount being swapped needs to be available and there is coin confirmation times involved in any swap. This is in no way instant, but to get blockchain clearing of a trade, requires the blockchain to prevent double spends. So the cost of never giving up control of your coins and always being able to have 100% access to them is that swapping them takes longer.

However, if you are aware of “dollar cost averaging” you will realize that this slower pace actually prevents you from trading at disadvantageous prices. While it is true that you won’t be able to get the absolute best price that appears in the market for brief moments, the practical question is if you are currently achieving this via centralized exchanges. 99% of day traders lost most all their capital as they chase the deal of the day, or let their emotions determine their trades.

The smartaddress method of trading turns the slower pace of trading into an advantage. Instead of being stuck with whatever the seemingly random market price was the moment you thought to submit a trade, smartaddress trading will get you the cost averaged price as it will incrementally complete the trades over time.

This also means that you don’t have to spend hours nervously watching the ticker and confusing charts. Smartaddresses are designed for the longer term investor instead of for the day trader.
Q. How long will it take to finish the DEX trades?

A. Each DEX trade should finish in a couple of coin confirmations, and for small amounts or trusted LP nodes, it can even complete within a minute. But that is for a single trade. If a large amount is sent to a smartaddress, it is broken up into standard sizes and traded one at a time. 10000 KMD is the largest increment, so if you send in more than 10000 KMD worth of coins, it will do increments of 10000 KMD at a time until there is less. Then it does the 1000 KMD increments in the same way. Finally, it does things in 100 KMD increments.
Q. Can I DEX less than 100 KMD worth?

A. No, since a native DEX is issuing multiple (permanent) blockchain transactions, it really isn’t a good thing to do very small trades. That will lead to blockchain bloat and really, if you aren’t even trading 100 KMD (~$25 at current market prices), then it does not seem like any urgent thing to achieve. $25 is within the reach of most people and one millionth the coin supply was arbitrarily set as the minimum DEX increment. Also, consider that if you are trading in lots of $1, then why not just use a central exchange? It won’t be any large disaster regardless of what happens to it.

Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
reffi

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 07:13:53 PM

Whats going on with BTCD on polo, the price just doubled??? Is somebody doing this to double the KMD conversion, because now 1 BTCD is 25 KMD not 50 anymore, right??
barbierir

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 07:26:46 PM

Whats going on with BTCD on polo, the price just doubled??? Is somebody doing this to double the KMD conversion, because now 1 BTCD is 25 KMD not 50 anymore, right??

The swap rate is fixed and 1 Btcd is still about 50 Kmd. Btcd is pumping for its own unreasons, trollbox shills and ill-informed buyers.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 08:11:31 PM

Considering all the BTCD talk, I'll take the opportunity to express something that has been bugging me since Day 1:

Any decision other than burning the swapped BTCD and dissociating from further BTCD development will suck a hairy ball sack and ultimately hurt Komodo.  Let's never go down THAT road.  Trust me, there are so many negative things one can say that it will be complete insanity to take such risk even if KMD holders were to directly benefit.

There, I said it...  although I wouldn't have to if a definitive answer had been given by the Komodo team, as many have asked along the way.

It is possible that it will become necessary to stake with the BTCD as the non-swapped gets smaller and smaller as there might not be enough to keep the chain advancing.

Beyond the 1 year period, one idea in case KMD is still not listed on polo is to retain the existing swap mechanism and add a reverse swap mechanism so KMD can be converted to BTCD. That would then create a reverse arbitrage and we would have both a floor and ceiling price for BTCD which would effectively make BTCD 50x KMD especially if both directions of the swap were fairly frequent.

Now if you are saying that you can guarantee a direct polo listing or that a polo listing is not desired by this means due to the hairball theory, I can consider that point of view also.

It is hard to give a definite answer to a question that depends on future events beyond our direct control. I much prefer a direct polo listing than having to implement a reverse swap, but I must plan for various contingencies, dont i?

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 08:28:18 PM

Considering all the BTCD talk, I'll take the opportunity to express something that has been bugging me since Day 1:

Any decision other than burning the swapped BTCD and dissociating from further BTCD development will suck a hairy ball sack and ultimately hurt Komodo.  Let's never go down THAT road.  Trust me, there are so many negative things one can say that it will be complete insanity to take such risk even if KMD holders were to directly benefit.

There, I said it...  although I wouldn't have to if a definitive answer had been given by the Komodo team, as many have asked along the way.

It is possible that it will become necessary to stake with the BTCD as the non-swapped gets smaller and smaller as there might not be enough to keep the chain advancing.

Beyond the 1 year period, one idea in case KMD is still not listed on polo is to retain the existing swap mechanism and add a reverse swap mechanism so KMD can be converted to BTCD. That would then create a reverse arbitrage and we would have both a floor and ceiling price for BTCD which would effectively make BTCD 50x KMD especially if both directions of the swap were fairly frequent.

Now if you are saying that you can guarantee a direct polo listing or that a polo listing is not desired by this means due to the hairball theory, I can consider that point of view also.

It is hard to give a definite answer to a question that depends on future events beyond our direct control. I much prefer a direct polo listing than having to implement a reverse swap, but I must plan for various contingencies, dont i?

Yes, I was talking about after the 1-year swap deadline.  And what I was saying is that you need to let BTCD go.  No reverse swap.  No assisting whatever development efforts might follow by those that didn't swap.  Nada.  You asked people to swap because Komodo is where it's at (supposedly).  How in the world are you going to justify ANY further association with BTCD after having gathered almost the entire Supply for a specific purpose?  Just let it go and wish those that do not swap good luck.

I am pretty sure that what you say is what will happen, but there are some advocates for using the polo listing BTCD has as having value.

If it isnt clear what to do, we will have a KMD stakeholder's vote on this. I think that will avoid any issues about justifying. Having a trading token that is a proxy is totally different than continuing development.

In any case for such a potentially controversial thing I will simply listen to what the stakeholders want.

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2017, 08:43:25 PM

Yes, I was talking about after the 1-year swap deadline.  And what I was saying is that you need to let BTCD go.  No reverse swap.  No assisting whatever development efforts might follow by those that didn't swap.  Nada.  You asked people to swap because Komodo is where it's at (supposedly).  How in the world are you going to justify ANY further association with BTCD after having gathered almost the entire Supply for a specific purpose?  Just let it go and wish those that do not swap good luck.

I am pretty sure that what you say is what will happen, but there are some advocates for using the polo listing BTCD has as having value.

If it isnt clear what to do, we will have a KMD stakeholder's vote on this. I think that will avoid any issues about justifying. Having a trading token that is a proxy is totally different than continuing development.

In any case for such a potentially controversial thing I will simply listen to what the stakeholders want.

Again, if the swapped BTCD is not provably sent to another galaxy (i.e. burn), expect a justified shit storm of epic proportions.  I mean just the fact that we're sitting here discussing the possibility of a reverse swap after having seen the nonsense that has been going on over at Poloniex (due to folks being oblivious about the swap itself) is very unsettling.  The nonsense needs to end as soon as the swap period is over, not continue in reverse.

I am neutral on this. you are against it. Let us hear from some others before deciding. I am not advocating for or against this, I just want to have some flexibility in case it is needed as a contingency.

tave

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 15, 2017, 10:53:42 PM

kmd easydex screenshots looks great.price moving Cool

MoneyJ

Activity: 1022
Merit: 504

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:04:29 AM

Hi
What is "REV"?

It's REVS (REV is some other coin).

It's a SuperNET Asset that was distributed to BTCD holders during a snapshot. Currently it isn't trading on any market.

Guys have you determined the time frame for REVS to be distributed or Is it automatically distributed or swapped when the 1-year swapping time elapsed?

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
.GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:07:25 AM

Hi
What is "REV"?

It's a SuperNET Asset that was distributed to BTCD holders during a snapshot. Currently it isn't trading on any market.

Guys have you determined the time frame for REVS to be distributed or Is it automatically distributed or swapped when the 1-year swapping time elapsed?

It has already been distributed. Distribution was based off of BTCD holdings during a snapshot, 1 week into the ICO.  To claim REVS you need to import BTCD key.
Mrbates

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

Maybe a fed.

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:28:06 AM

I bought a komodo dragon and then realized it has nothing to do with the project.  Bamboozled again.

MoneyJ

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:37:10 AM

Hi
What is "REV"?

It has already been distributed. Distribution was based off of BTCD holdings during a snapshot, 1 week into the ICO.  To claim REVS you need to import BTCD key.

Is there a wallet for REVS to validate my priv key from BTCD?

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:50:07 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2017, 04:01:07 AM by polycryptoblog

Hi
What is "REV"?

It has already been distributed. Distribution was based off of BTCD holdings during a snapshot, 1 week into the ICO.  To claim REVS you need to import BTCD key.

You use the Agama wallet.    Here is instructions how to do it. https://supernet.org/en/resources/guides/the-grandmas-guide-to-agama   Once you import private key ,  launch REVS in basilisk mode and you should see you balance.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 03:56:59 AM

Again, if the swapped BTCD is not provably sent to another galaxy (i.e. burn), expect a justified shit storm of epic proportions.  I mean just the fact that we're sitting here discussing the possibility of a reverse swap after having seen the nonsense that has been going on over at Poloniex (due to folks being oblivious about the swap itself) is very unsettling.  The nonsense needs to end as soon as the swap period is over, not continue in reverse.

I am neutral on this. you are against it. Let us hear from some others before deciding. I am not advocating for or against this, I just want to have some flexibility in case it is needed as a contingency.

I traded BTCD for KMD as well as buying into the ICO and I agree 100% with smaragda, BTCD needs to be done, period. Or, return my BTCD without decreasing the value of my KMD.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
MoneyJ

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 07:06:16 AM

Hi
What is "REV"?

It has already been distributed. Distribution was based off of BTCD holdings during a snapshot, 1 week into the ICO.  To claim REVS you need to import BTCD key.

You use the Agama wallet.    Here is instructions how to do it. https://supernet.org/en/resources/guides/the-grandmas-guide-to-agama   Once you import private key ,  launch REVS in basilisk mode and you should see you balance.

Thank you very much for this piece of information. I was at lost where to redeem my REVS.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
Hyperjacked
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1119

It's all mathematics...!

View Profile
May 16, 2017, 08:56:48 AM

Just burn the Btcd that was swapped and leave! A reverse swap is complete insanity...

@Hyperjacked1 Twitter
Pages: « 1 ... 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 [446] 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: