Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:04:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191717 times)
ptytrader

Activity: 466
Merit: 253

Imagine a world without banks.......

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 08:02:08 PM

How profitable are the notary nodes at current prices?

How long until new notary node elections?

I think all nodes are self-sufficient now.    Elections are in Jan 2018

I will be a candidate in the next election,

HAve you already a node up and running?

No, I will hire a node setup (what jl777 calls a 'money printing machine') from an existing notary operator and compete for votes by offering a high voter %

You won't get any votes that way. To run a Notary Node you should be commited to the community, be fluent in Komodod, Iguana, assetchains, and at least have basic command line experience.

If you really want to become a candidate, you should maybe run a small node some months prior to the election and gain some experience.

Notaries are an important part of the security of the entire network.......IMO, I don't think the community will elect someone who "buys" a node.

We also don't share our mining profits with our voters. In a way that is also buying a vote. Ark delegates work that way. I am not sure if James would want the same system to evolve here.

In part, the notary mining profits act as subsidy for the server hosting and all the man hours you put into the operation of the node.

I can definitely say that all current operators work hard to keep updated and running. It might get easier as the platform matures but we still need to trust in the ability of the operator. I also run a PIVX masternode and I can say it's 10 times easier than running a KMD notary node.

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
r_victory

Activity: 1949
Merit: 380

English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 08:43:17 PM

please can someone help me? is there an KMD wallet win32bits? i wish install for test Smiley

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart
ptytrader

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 08:44:34 PM

Hi where I can find wallet for Komodo, and I have noticed that there will a distribution of token for owner of Komodo? What's token that Will be distributed and when?
Hi there,
You can find the latest Komodo Swing wallet here: https://forum.supernet.org/t/komodo-swing-wallet-for-windows-and-osx/48

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
Scrotum

Activity: 119
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 12:13:35 AM

No, I will hire a node setup (what jl777 calls a 'money printing machine') from an existing notary operator and compete for votes by offering a high voter %

You won't get any votes that way. To run a Notary Node you should be commited to the community, be fluent in Komodod, Iguana, assetchains, and at least have basic command line experience.

If you really want to become a candidate, you should maybe run a small node some months prior to the election and gain some experience.

Notaries are an important part of the security of the entire network.......IMO, I don't think the community will elect someone who "buys" a node.

We also don't share our mining profits with our voters. In a way that is also buying a vote. Ark delegates work that way. I am not sure if James would want the same system to evolve here.

In part, the notary mining profits act as subsidy for the server hosting and all the man hours you put into the operation of the node.

I can definitely say that all current operators work hard to keep updated and running. It might get easier as the platform matures but we still need to trust in the ability of the operator. I also run a PIVX masternode and I can say it's 10 times easier than running a KMD notary node.

At current kmd price notaries are making +2000 USD a month which is a good income for the work involved, but if/when kmd x10 the return becomes something much greater than a fair return for the work required to run a notary. Do you really think current notaries will continue earning +20k usd a month indefinitely? What about when kmd marketcap is 10bil USD, and monthly income for notary is 200K USD.

notary elections will be extremely competitive from now on, the guaranteed income potential is phenomenal,  so the number of candidates will be very high.
ptytrader

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 12:53:44 AM

At current kmd price notaries are making +2000 USD a month which is a good income for the work involved, but if/when kmd x10 the return becomes something much greater than a fair return for the work required to run a notary. Do you really think current notaries will continue earning +20k usd a month indefinitely? What about when kmd marketcap is 10bil USD, and monthly income for notary is 200K USD.

notary elections will be extremely competitive from now on, the guaranteed income potential is phenomenal,  so the number of candidates will be very high.
As the network grows, more notary nodes will be appointed. That means that there will be less KMD mined per node. Even then, bad notary nodes will get picked out really fast if they aren't able to keep up with security and daily updating. I do agree we will have many more candidates next year and we will most likely have more notary spots to fill as well.

|

▄
              █
             ▐█
            ▄██
 █▌          ▐█
 ██       █████
 ▐██▌      ████
  █████    ████
▐██████▌   ████
  ██████▌ █████
  █████████████
   ████████████
  ▐████████████
   ▐███████████
   ▐███████████
    ███████████
      █████████
       ████████
         ██████
           ▀███
             ▀▀

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀

in

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

BTC

█▌
█▌          ▐█
█████       ██
████      ▐██▌
████    █████
████   ▐██████▌
█████ ▐██████
█████████████
████████████
████████████▌
███████████▌
███████████▌
███████████
█████████
████████
██████
███▀
▀▀
ka82

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 02:37:30 AM

elections are always transactional, things given & votes received in return, and there isn't a moral dimension here, so offering 'hope' and 'vision' like regular politicians isn't relevant

the current notaries have the advantage of incumbency, but those who think competency alone will be enough to keep getting elected will serve one-term only

eventually the community will only elect people who "buy" votes, i.e. share revenue

future notaries should probably operate like mining pools - fixed costs covered, % return to the operator, proportional share per 'vote'

PoW rewards are competitive,  based on hardware costs & electricity (i.e. how much $$ spent)

PoS rewards are competitive, based on coin ownership (i.e. how much $$ spent)

KMD notary rewards will be competitive too, based on $$ spent. There's no other way to secure the network that maintains decentralization

I'm still not sure how these notaries work, but don't they cause centralization in the long-run?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 02:53:31 AM

elections are always transactional, things given & votes received in return, and there isn't a moral dimension here, so offering 'hope' and 'vision' like regular politicians isn't relevant

the current notaries have the advantage of incumbency, but those who think competency alone will be enough to keep getting elected will serve one-term only

eventually the community will only elect people who "buy" votes, i.e. share revenue

future notaries should probably operate like mining pools - fixed costs covered, % return to the operator, proportional share per 'vote'

PoW rewards are competitive,  based on hardware costs & electricity (i.e. how much $$ spent)

KMD notary rewards will be competitive too, based on $$ spent. There's no other way to secure the network that maintains decentralization

I'm still not sure how these notaries work, but don't they cause centralization in the long-run?
No, to the contrary there is much less centralization with KMD notaries as all the notaries have equal power.

Look at: https://blockchain.info/pools

Notice the top 16 have well over 90% the hashrate.

So which is more centralized?

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:02:30 AM

please can someone help me? is there an KMD wallet win32bits? i wish install for test Smiley

They have so far two wallets for KOMODO one is agama (https://supernet.org/en/products/agama-wallet) and another is swing wallet (https://github.com/ca333/komodoGUI/releases/tag/v0.7.7-win)

BOUNTY DETECTIVE

Powered by,
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 03:03:54 AM

I predicted the second elections will be a lot more competitive, it seems I will be right.

Notaries are currently grossing about $100 per day and this is a nice reward for all the work they put in to get to where we are today. They all took a risk that they might just barely cover costs for all their troubles, but the upside is to have the income increasing without any cost increase.

The quick response of the notaries allowed us to detect and thwart attacks and in general keep the blocks generated smoothly. Moving forward, I think the community will be scrutinizing the actual contributions that each notary makes and vote accordingly.

There are many ways to contribute and one of the most important is by being a developer. We are looking for more devs and while I cannot promise that an active and productive dev will win a notary spot, I can say that they have a very good chance of being elected.

The formula is that a notary node makes about 80x the price of KMD per day, so as the price keeps going up, this starts becoming real money. What if KMD had a few dozen devs who never had to worry about money and could just code cool things for KMD?

jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 03:12:43 AM

I made an alpha release (command line) of native DEX, more details in #tradebots of SuperNET slack

any coin to any coin trading directly from wallet is now possible

I originally did atomic swaps a couple years ago, but it didnt have the required performance until this iteration. Also, there were quite a few higher priority things that I had to deal with.

Nowadays with the much larger organization, I am able to spend the vast majority of my time coding again.

Anyway, we are looking for command line testers. There  is 10000 KMD allocated for bounties and also there will be coins offered at crazy low prices on the native DEX and the ones who can figure out how to trade for them will get them.

NEMvader

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:19:57 AM

+1
crypto investors don't leave money on the table, especially not 20K USD a month (1 Bil USD MK for komodo) for basically running a complicated masternode minus the personal capital required for other coins like DASH/NEM, and 1 bil MK by december is definitely possible in this bull market.

Game theory says the only way notaries don't start offering voters a rev share to get elected is if they collude, and I don't see that happening under jl777's watch, so it just takes one notary to offer a voter % and the flood gates open to full blown competition, which is what should happen if the market is working properly.

Good operators should still get elected with a premium %, but super profits from mooning KMD should go to the KMD holders, same as for a Dash/NEM masternodes etc

Most notaries are probably big KMD holders anyway.
ka82

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 03:39:28 AM

No, to the contrary there is much less centralization with KMD notaries as all the notaries have equal power.

I may not be stating this correctly but is't it that whoever has larger number of KMDs also has higher voting power/rights?
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:00:15 AM

I may not be stating this correctly but is't it that whoever has larger number of KMDs also has higher voting power/rights?
yes, that is how it should be. you wouldnt want people without much at stake to control the voting.

Bittrex is the "PoW" equivalent right now as anybody can buy voting power. However, other than the free money part, a notary node does not have a lot of direct powers to affect things. A notary mined block still has to be validated by all nodes, there is no ability to create arbitrary transactions. But like with any mined currency, the miner has discretion on what goes into the block.

In my opinion, it is harder to centralize stake as that only requires money to purchase stake and anybody with money is able to do this. That seems pretty fair. With PoW mined coins you need both money and expertise in mining, which limits the number of participants. The fewer the participants, the more likely it is to get centralized.

There are thousands of KMD holders now. If any one of them tried to corner the market and buy up all the KMD ...., that doesnt make economic sense as the cost of such market activity is unlikely to be recouped from a notary node.

Also, notary nodes are split into 4 geographic areas, so no single region can have more than 16 (25%) of notary nodes. That alone seems to make centralization a challenge

r_victory

Activity: 1949
Merit: 380

English<->Pt-BR - Professional Translations(90+)

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:03:20 AM

They have so far two wallets for KOMODO one is agama (https://supernet.org/en/products/agama-wallet) and another is swing wallet (https://github.com/ca333/komodoGUI/releases/tag/v0.7.7-win)

Thank you sir. I will download to try Grin

Translations from English to Portuguese at affordable prices. Send me a PM here on the forum or contact me via Telegram: @cryptoheart
KomodoPlatform

Activity: 784

Set Your Ideas Free

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:08:20 AM

Hi where I can find wallet for Komodo, and I have noticed that there will a distribution of token for owner of Komodo? What's token that Will be distributed and when?

keep an eye on this page: https://supernet.org/en/products/komodo-swing-wallet

We will publish a new wallet there. We expect it to work without any issues and people are able to send KMD.

Agama is still in early development phase, and needs time

5 % of JUMBLR token will be distributed to all KMD holders. Snapshot will happen June ~13th and distribution itself one week after that.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AECOSYSTEFONATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Atomic Swaps | Decentralized Exchange | UTXO Contracts | Community-Led | Open Source | Scalable Ecosystem
jl777 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2017, 04:41:59 AM
Last edit: June 07, 2017, 10:54:05 PM by mprep

Thank you sir. I will download to try Grin
zcash does not work in 32bits
neither does komodo

Here are some technical notes on native DEX to give an idea of what needs to be tested:

At first we need to do more clearbox testing as opposed to blackbox testing. by understanding what is supposed to happen internally, it will be easier to make sure it actually is and when that is solid.
there are two totally different (complicated) parts to the native DEX. Ordermatching and the atomic swap itself
In a decentralized exchange, just knowing what the orderbook is becomes complex. Here we have LP nodes (acting as servers to a degree) and client nodes. The latter need the absolute latest orderbook, but not that often, just when they want to do a trade, but of course they want it quickly
A requirement for the LP node is that anybody is able to run one, ie. permissionless. To achieve this, I made a custom p2p network. yes, yet another one, but I wanted the absolute fastest networking so decided to make my own. That means there could (are) bugs in the fundamental networking code as I read/write directly to the network ports. I combined the p2p and rpc aspects and the peers actually use the same requests as the browser makes for http://5.9.253.195:7779/api/stats/orderbook?base=REVS&rel=KMD and the equivalent. This allowed me to use the same code for the p2p networking and the rpc handling. native DEX p2p network has custom messages to propagate new peers quickly and available utxos reasonably quickly
At any given time, most of the LP nodes will have a recent set of available utxo and a very current set of peers. So, the client connects to any of the seed nodes, gets a list of peers and iterates getpeers on them to get a complete map of all the LP nodes. It is quite possible the networking can flood itself, but I did put guards against that in
the native DEX is based on utxo (pairs). the LP node needs the utxo to trade and a 13% bigger utxo to use as a deposit. The client node needs a utxo to trade and a 1/777th size one for the dexfee. A node scans its smartaddress (derived from passphrase) for pairs of utxo using a simple bestfit algorithm and creates utxopairs that can be seen locally using the inventory command
Now I am concerned that at some scale, the current design will bog down, however I have structured things to be pretty efficient. Each LP node creates a pub/sub nanomsg socket along with a push/pull pipeline socket. The former is used for sending out data (and commands) the latter for receiving requests. Both channels are fed through the RPC command processor, so typically a matched pair of "method" fields are used similar to "ping" -> "pong" response
Since the nanomsg pub/sub was designed to broadcast to a very large number of nodes, it should be able to handle thousands of client nodes. However, to maximize data propagation, all the clients are connected to all the LP nodes. with 10 LP nodes now, this is not an issue, but it could become one if we end up with hundreds (or thousands) of LP nodes
any node can request from an LP node about peers and utxos and prices, whenever any node does, the LP node publishes the answer and since all clients (and LP nodes) are subsribers to all LP nodes, the original requestor along with everybody else will get the data. This makes it so that a lot of times all the required data is available client side automatically
To receive requests, all nodes connect to a one stage pipeline with a single provider, a specific LP node. this serializes the request stream from all other nodes into a specific LP node. Most requests are about peers, utxo and prices, but there are a few special ones that start an atomic swap
Since we are swapping specific utxo, it can only be swapped with a single party. This means we need to create an exclusive lock on that utxo for sale. Of course it needs to be time limited to prevent the orderbook from being locked. The "price" command and "request" command are nearly identical, the latter just provides a 60 second lock for the requesting party to "connect". Since the information is broadcast publicly, it is possible for some other node to jump in and establish the connection. However, in some sense the native DEX is a free for all, first come first served, so this is in the spirit of the DEX operation
the "connect" command makes sure a utxo was properly reserved and if it was it creates a nanomsg NN_PAIR socket, which has the nice attribute of being limited to two connections, one immediately being taken by the LP node. This assures exclusivity of the connecting client node during the atomic protocol and further that only one party at a time is trading any specific utxo. At least on the LP node side. It is possible for an evil client to try to trade the same utxo to multiple LP nodes, but the blockchain will prevent such double spends
In my tests, I am seeing the above process of fetching the utxos, getting prices, requesting and connecting happens essentially instantly
Once the atomic swap protocol starts, I set it up like railroad tracks, basically it can only go along a single path, or derail. This dramatically simplifies all the possible errors that can happen during the atomic swap.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364951
 discusses the protocol details for the atomic swap itself. It is quite difficult to understand, so I will try to simplify
bitcointalk.org
Atomic swaps using cut and choose
In order to prevent spamming, the client node must pay a dexfee (1/777th tradesize) to assure the LP node that he is serious. Putting an actual financial cost has the advantage in that it removes spammers at the first step and also it creates a revenue stream for our patient investors. There is an implicit assumption that LP nodes are more reliable than client nodes. Even before the dexfee is sent, the two nodes use the cut and choose protocol to perform a key exchange and create a trade specific set of addresses that will be used. Once this is done, then the dexfee is sent. Once the fee is verified to have been sent, the atomic swap starts for real. By convention the two parties trading are Alice (client) and Bob. Bob has the burden of providing a deposit in the protocol. To compensate, Bob has no dexfee at all, just the coins txfee.
Bob first broadcasts a deposit. Alice waits for this to be confirmed. By waiting for the coin confirmation, the nature of the protocol avoids malleability issues, other than the generally annoying part about malleability where the txid you expected is not what ends up in the blockchain. Alice then sends a 2of2 multisig to Bob, Bob can verify it is to the right address that he will be able to spend, but he cant spend it yet
Bob then sends his payment to Alice, who is able to spend it immediately and by doing so has to divulge the information Bob needs to spend the 2of2 multisig.
As soon as the three initial transactions are sent to the blockchain(s): bobdeposit, alicepayment, bobpayment, the trade is locked, both parties know they will get at least what they agreed upon, in cases where one side doesnt do what they are supposed to, the other party can get even more
for each of the three payments, there are two outcomes: bob spends it or alice spends it. The mainstream sequence is:
1. bobdeposit 2. alicepayment 3. bobpayment 4. alicespend 5. bobspend 6. bobrefund
however at any point, the sequence can stop due to disconnection or intentionally. You will see that regardless of what point it stops at, the result is acceptable:
1. alice will eventually claim the deposit when it times out in some hours
2. bob can refund his own deposit and in doing so allows alice to reclaim her payment. if enough time elapses, alice can spend the bobdeposit and give bob the information to spend alicepayment
3. after timeouts, bob can reclaim his deposit and payment
4. alice is happy at this point and can collect even more via spending bobdeposit
5. there is no reason for bob to leave the transactions for alice to reclaim
The above is a very high level description and the reality has a lot of subtle details to make it all work. Happy hunting for bugs

Nashamoto

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:23:29 AM

Are voters able to split their vote between multiple candidates? I'd really like to support candidates who might be working on cool dev projects for Komodo, but if it was possible to use some proportion to vote for a pool and get some extra kmd for myself that would be great too.
GTTIGER

Activity: 527
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 05:24:52 AM

Here are some technical notes on native DEX to give an idea of what needs to be tested:

At first we need to do more clearbox testing as opposed to blackbox testing. by understanding what is supposed to happen internally, it will be easier to make sure it actually is and when that is solid.
there are two totally different (complicated) parts to the native DEX. Ordermatching and the atomic swap itself
In a decentralized exchange, just knowing what the orderbook is becomes complex. Here we have LP nodes (acting as servers to a degree) and client nodes. The latter need the absolute latest orderbook, but not that often, just when they want to do a trade, but of course they want it quickly
A requirement for the LP node is that anybody is able to run one, ie. permissionless. To achieve this, I made a custom p2p network. yes, yet another one, but I wanted the absolute fastest networking so decided to make my own. That means there could (are) bugs in the fundamental networking code as I read/write directly to the network ports. I combined the p2p and rpc aspects and the peers actually use the same requests as the browser makes for http://5.9.253.195:7779/api/stats/orderbook?base=REVS&rel=KMD and the equivalent. This allowed me to use the same code for the p2p networking and the rpc handling. native DEX p2p network has custom messages to propagate new peers quickly and available utxos reasonably quickly
At any given time, most of the LP nodes will have a recent set of available utxo and a very current set of peers. So, the client connects to any of the seed nodes, gets a list of peers and iterates getpeers on them to get a complete map of all the LP nodes. It is quite possible the networking can flood itself, but I did put guards against that in
the native DEX is based on utxo (pairs). the LP node needs the utxo to trade and a 13% bigger utxo to use as a deposit. The client node needs a utxo to trade and a 1/777th size one for the dexfee. A node scans its smartaddress (derived from passphrase) for pairs of utxo using a simple bestfit algorithm and creates utxopairs that can be seen locally using the inventory command
Now I am concerned that at some scale, the current design will bog down, however I have structured things to be pretty efficient. Each LP node creates a pub/sub nanomsg socket along with a push/pull pipeline socket. The former is used for sending out data (and commands) the latter for receiving requests. Both channels are fed through the RPC command processor, so typically a matched pair of "method" fields are used similar to "ping" -> "pong" response
Since the nanomsg pub/sub was designed to broadcast to a very large number of nodes, it should be able to handle thousands of client nodes. However, to maximize data propagation, all the clients are connected to all the LP nodes. with 10 LP nodes now, this is not an issue, but it could become one if we end up with hundreds (or thousands) of LP nodes
any node can request from an LP node about peers and utxos and prices, whenever any node does, the LP node publishes the answer and since all clients (and LP nodes) are subsribers to all LP nodes, the original requestor along with everybody else will get the data. This makes it so that a lot of times all the required data is available client side automatically
To receive requests, all nodes connect to a one stage pipeline with a single provider, a specific LP node. this serializes the request stream from all other nodes into a specific LP node. Most requests are about peers, utxo and prices, but there are a few special ones that start an atomic swap
Since we are swapping specific utxo, it can only be swapped with a single party. This means we need to create an exclusive lock on that utxo for sale. Of course it needs to be time limited to prevent the orderbook from being locked. The "price" command and "request" command are nearly identical, the latter just provides a 60 second lock for the requesting party to "connect". Since the information is broadcast publicly, it is possible for some other node to jump in and establish the connection. However, in some sense the native DEX is a free for all, first come first served, so this is in the spirit of the DEX operation
the "connect" command makes sure a utxo was properly reserved and if it was it creates a nanomsg NN_PAIR socket, which has the nice attribute of being limited to two connections, one immediately being taken by the LP node. This assures exclusivity of the connecting client node during the atomic protocol and further that only one party at a time is trading any specific utxo. At least on the LP node side. It is possible for an evil client to try to trade the same utxo to multiple LP nodes, but the blockchain will prevent such double spends
In my tests, I am seeing the above process of fetching the utxos, getting prices, requesting and connecting happens essentially instantly
Once the atomic swap protocol starts, I set it up like railroad tracks, basically it can only go along a single path, or derail. This dramatically simplifies all the possible errors that can happen during the atomic swap.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1364951
 discusses the protocol details for the atomic swap itself. It is quite difficult to understand, so I will try to simplify
bitcointalk.org
In order to prevent spamming, the client node must pay a dexfee (1/777th tradesize) to assure the LP node that he is serious. Putting an actual financial cost has the advantage in that it removes spammers at the first step and also it creates a revenue stream for our patient investors. There is an implicit assumption that LP nodes are more reliable than client nodes. Even before the dexfee is sent, the two nodes use the cut and choose protocol to perform a key exchange and create a trade specific set of addresses that will be used. Once this is done, then the dexfee is sent. Once the fee is verified to have been sent, the atomic swap starts for real. By convention the two parties trading are Alice (client) and Bob. Bob has the burden of providing a deposit in the protocol. To compensate, Bob has no dexfee at all, just the coins txfee.
Bob first broadcasts a deposit. Alice waits for this to be confirmed. By waiting for the coin confirmation, the nature of the protocol avoids malleability issues, other than the generally annoying part about malleability where the txid you expected is not what ends up in the blockchain. Alice then sends a 2of2 multisig to Bob, Bob can verify it is to the right address that he will be able to spend, but he cant spend it yet
Bob then sends his payment to Alice, who is able to spend it immediately and by doing so has to divulge the information Bob needs to spend the 2of2 multisig.
As soon as the three initial transactions are sent to the blockchain(s): bobdeposit, alicepayment, bobpayment, the trade is locked, both parties know they will get at least what they agreed upon, in cases where one side doesnt do what they are supposed to, the other party can get even more
for each of the three payments, there are two outcomes: bob spends it or alice spends it. The mainstream sequence is:
1. bobdeposit 2. alicepayment 3. bobpayment 4. alicespend 5. bobspend 6. bobrefund
however at any point, the sequence can stop due to disconnection or intentionally. You will see that regardless of what point it stops at, the result is acceptable:
1. alice will eventually claim the deposit when it times out in some hours
2. bob can refund his own deposit and in doing so allows alice to reclaim her payment. if enough time elapses, alice can spend the bobdeposit and give bob the information to spend alicepayment
3. after timeouts, bob can reclaim his deposit and payment
4. alice is happy at this point and can collect even more via spending bobdeposit
5. there is no reason for bob to leave the transactions for alice to reclaim
The above is a very high level description and the reality has a lot of subtle details to make it all work. Happy hunting for bugs
I love u

veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:07:09 AM

Thanks to JL777 and SuperNet team for the excellent communication  Wink
scorpact2017

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2017, 06:21:46 AM

Hello,

I've got some issues with the Komodo wallet. I've tried to install the new komodo-swing-wallet, what worked, but I don't understand how to use it.

1.) Before I used Agama in Basilisk Mode and transfered some of my KMD sucessfully to another adress. Now I cannot enter anymore as it is loading without an end. How can I start the newest Agama automatically in Basilisk Mode? I think it is downloading or trying to download all the blockchains of diferent coins.

2.) If I use now the new komodo-swing-wallet, is there a Basilisk Mode? If not, how or with what app can I still use this mode? I have just my seed, as I never used Komodo in native mode (downloading the full blockchain). The team allways say to backup the wallet.dat. Where is the wallet.dat of the agama.app that I used in Basilisk mode?

3.) When I just installed the komodo-swing-wallet, is it possible that it overrided my existing wallet.dat (without asking) and I lost all my KMD?

4.) How can I use my Seed now do get my KMD? I can not enter the key in komodo-swing-wallet, it says it is wrong, or is the private key the seed?
Pages: « 1 ... 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 [484] 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: