Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 01:56:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191701 times)
antony-first

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:26:16 AM

hello, hello.

First thing... TY komodo for your vision of society.

People are so many focus on your presentation /the worst I've ever seen so you know what you have to do  Wink / they miss, until now, how big your project really is.

Atomic swap, Dico... It was to much on the same time for 80% of human brains.
Atomic swap, Dico are just "words" whose mean power to people and freedom : new POSSIBLE scenario.
The second way... maybe ... maybe :
United brics vs divided rest of the world
Brics (mining : china 70%, russia 30% soon), bricscoin, regulated everything, take huge profits on your back : same shit again.

So actually we have two choices, because there is only two directions, be "the man in charge" or "wait and see and cry".

You are concern by people/power, I am interesting in enrgy/power, the green part of the project.
So... maybe... with the K-platform ... an ico...  Smiley the self-power-coin ... Everything is POSSIBLE, because of you and your great work, so TY again.

This is time for goods ideas to win because "This is just about the human you really are"  Wink
cylon96113

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:16:49 AM

Why people are selling? They must be idiots...
Since we were focusing on ironing out GUI issues that everybody says we must do, we didnt have the time to practice and make a fancy slick marketing presentation.

We did get new people in the community who say they can do better and we will see with the next presentation how it will go.

We did hire a fulltime spokeswoman and we are teaching her about crypto so she will be able to host some videos. Too bad I cant figure out how to get her pics to appear in the post... I think you will be pleasantly surprised

Is Agama wallet safe to use now?
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:18:33 AM

Why people are selling? They must be idiots...
Since we were focusing on ironing out GUI issues that everybody says we must do, we didnt have the time to practice and make a fancy slick marketing presentation.

We did get new people in the community who say they can do better and we will see with the next presentation how it will go.

We did hire a fulltime spokeswoman and we are teaching her about crypto so she will be able to host some videos. Too bad I cant figure out how to get her pics to appear in the post... I think you will be pleasantly surprised

Is Agama wallet safe to use now?
for osx we dont have any known issues, for windows there are still some installer issues to be worked out.
jl777B

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:21:11 AM

hello, hello.

First thing... TY komodo for your vision of society.

People are so many focus on your presentation /the worst I've ever seen so you know what you have to do  Wink / they miss, until now, how big your project really is.

Atomic swap, Dico... It was to much on the same time for 80% of human brains.
Atomic swap, Dico are just "words" whose mean power to people and freedom : new POSSIBLE scenario.
The second way... maybe ... maybe :
United brics vs divided rest of the world
Brics (mining : china 70%, russia 30% soon), bricscoin, regulated everything, take huge profits on your back : same shit again.

So actually we have two choices, because there is only two directions, be "the man in charge" or "wait and see and cry".

You are concern by people/power, I am interesting in enrgy/power, the green part of the project.
So... maybe... with the K-platform ... an ico...  Smiley the self-power-coin ... Everything is POSSIBLE, because of you and your great work, so TY again.

This is time for goods ideas to win because "This is just about the human you really are"  Wink

thank you!
but you forgot about JUMBLR, which is the key tech that enables dICO. If everything you do is spied on and known by everyone, well, all the other things wont matter.

KMD's dPoW is a giant power savings, in that it lets all the other coins tap into BTC's immense power spendings. So instead of not using power, we "recycle" the BTC's power, currently 45 assetchains and KMD are doing this.

Soon, there will be many more. dPoW is another way to unite crypto: around a single BTC power usage.
jl777B

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:35:42 AM

dICO "torrents for ICO"

It is a complicated concept to reduce to a single acronym
JacquesLeGrande

Activity: 53
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 12:03:20 PM

I wrote a very big, elaborate report on Komodo here, outlining good and bad traits about it
https://cryptohydra.com/crypto-reports/komodo-kmd-hard-to-understand-ambitious-and-massive-project-with-lots-of-room-for-improvement-and-need-for-clarity/

http://CryptoHydra.com - invstment opportunities
andradwi

Activity: 219

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:13:41 PM

I asked questions about this project .. hopefully more professional and growing
jl777B

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:31:41 PM

Thanks! mostly accurate and your feedback is appreciated.

However, the way you write it seems that KMD is just a zcash fork. There is a lot added to zcash fork, so it would be like calling zcash "just a bitcoin fork"

hopefully you can clarify that we have added a lot to the baseline zcash, especially with the things like barterDEX which is outside the komodod

also, my repo is the reference repo for command line and the official releases are from the SuperNETorg repo
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:41:55 PM

Thanks! mostly accurate and your feedback is appreciated.

However, the way you write it seems that KMD is just a zcash fork. There is a lot added to zcash fork, so it would be like calling zcash "just a bitcoin fork"

hopefully you can clarify that we have added a lot to the baseline zcash, especially with the things like barterDEX which is outside the komodod

also, my repo is the reference repo for command line and the official releases are from the SuperNETorg repo

I am working on sending him material for clarification,  should be ready in a few hours. 
LazyBone

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:15:17 PM

It's just an idea but what are you guys thinking about a pretty animated video about the superNET ecosystem which explains in short and easy to understand sentences what's going on and what are the goals of this project? I know there are some vids about Komodo. But the most of them are just recordings of talks and How-To vids. I could only find one video which is similiar to what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBTMjFotWS8
But this vid was made in an early stage and don't have many answers. And it's not reflecting the current state of the project.

Some people are complaining about the presentation or that it was to technical and difficult to understand. Perhaps a vid could answer and explain in a non-tech way the following questions:

- What is dPOW and how it works?
- What are atomic swaps?
- What's the advantage of barterDEX?
- How does dICO work?
- What are JUMBLR, KOMODO, SuperNET in detail and what's the function in the whole project?
- What happened in the last 6 months and what are the goals in the next 6 months?

I'm not a marketing guy but I'm pretty sure such a video could help to spread the word and reduce the questions which repeat a lot.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1531

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:19:14 PM

You guys did not disappoint me with the yesterday's announcement. I think most people have not really realized yet what this cooperation could mean for Komodo and crypto in general. Keep up the good work guys.

Next step should be to release an easy to use and workable wallet version. Agama is good but has many problems. Often, after I sent a transactions, I do not really know if the transaction went through because balance is not updated and transaction is not shown in the txs list. When I look up on block explorer I mostly go like, okay the tx went through but I can not see it on Agama wallet. Also the wallet is hanging from time to time.
jl777B

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 01:29:08 PM

You guys did not disappoint me with the yesterday's announcement. I think most people have not really realized yet what this cooperation could mean for Komodo and crypto in general. Keep up the good work guys.

Next step should be to release an easy to use and workable wallet version. Agama is good but has many problems. Often, after I sent a transactions, I do not really know if the transaction went through because balance is not updated and transaction is not shown in the txs list. When I look up on block explorer I mostly go like, okay the tx went through but I can not see it on Agama wallet. Also the wallet is hanging from time to time.
We are working hard to stabilize the wallet, that is one of the reasons the presentation wasnt as polished as could have been. ca333 is somehow doing much wallet work and presentations at the same time.

Keep in mind the basilisk tx will take 5 confirms to update, so check on the explorer and then eventually it will update in basilisk. If you are doing more than the occasional tx, it is well worth it to update to native mode.

jl777B

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:23:44 PM

It's just an idea but what are you guys thinking about a pretty animated video about the superNET ecosystem which explains in short and easy to understand sentences what's going on and what are the goals of this project? I know there are some vids about Komodo. But the most of them are just recordings of talks and How-To vids. I could only find one video which is similiar to what I mean: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBTMjFotWS8
But this vid was made in an early stage and don't have many answers. And it's not reflecting the current state of the project.

Some people are complaining about the presentation or that it was to technical and difficult to understand. Perhaps a vid could answer and explain in a non-tech way the following questions:

- What are atomic swaps?
- How does dICO work?
- What are JUMBLR, KOMODO, SuperNET in detail and what's the function in the whole project?
- What happened in the last 6 months and what are the goals in the next 6 months?

I'm not a marketing guy but I'm pretty sure such a video could help to spread the word and reduce the questions which repeat a lot.
If anybody can actually do this, please join us in our slack, we would love to have such things
Franticcrypto

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:35:38 PM

- What are atomic swaps?
- How does dICO work?

If anybody can actually do this, please join us in our slack, we would love to have such things

I've had these guys make a vid for a company of mine https://www.87seconds.com
Not really sure where you guys are located, but they have several offices in europe and are specialized in making short vids explaining selling points of companies etc...
ka82

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 02:55:54 PM

I've invested in Komodo about 5 months ago. I was very excited about the project and basically the team's philosophy behind it. Here is few of my perspective on the project based on reading/studying their website/papers, trying to use their wallets, and monitoring KMD price:

1- Agma wallet hasn't been working when I first invested in KMD 5 months ago, and still it is not working based on several comments I've seen in this forum recently.

2- The project gives big promises however when it comes to just a working GUI it fails to deliver (at least in this 5 months)

3- The JL777 seems to be a nice and knowledgeable person but no one knows who he actually is.

4- The founder of this project also has 2 other projects under his development, Nxt, and BitcoinDark (BTCD). It seems to me komodo is invented to finance the prior projects that have been failed to get completed (even though they gained more traction).

5- The komodo platform was advertising about their BIG announcement, but when it came to it they did it with a very poor presentation and in a not so professional way, with technical broadcasting issues. Also part of the big announcement was basically few promises that some businesses are interested to integrate komodo platform into their systems but whether they will actually implement this is unknown.

This is just my honest feedback having been studying this project for few months and I personally invested heavily on it but recently liquidated most of my positions.

Now we will see people here with "newbie" accounts come to say I'm a "troll" or "FUDer". But these words were basically invented to shut down any coherent debate and argument.

Also to be clear I'm not saying this project doesn't have any future and I hope I'm wrong about it, but based on my personal experience with this project I came to above conclusions.

Im a pickle Morty

Activity: 33

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:04:07 PM

^ nice try but james was never a nxt dev, and btcd tech migrated to komono.

Wallet works for me no problem

I think the team has been kicking butt, ie: reasons

And Im a pickle when I want to be
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:08:40 PM

I've invested in Komodo about 5 months ago. I was very excited about the project and basically the team's philosophy behind it. Here is few of my perspective on the project based on reading/studying their website/papers, trying to use their wallets, and monitoring KMD price:

1- Agma wallet hasn't been working when I first invested in KMD 5 months ago, and still it is not working based on several comments I've seen in this forum recently.

2- The project gives big promises however when it comes to just a working GUI it fails to deliver (at least in this 5 months)

3- The JL777 seems to be a nice and knowledgeable person but no one knows who he actually is.

4- The founder of this project also has 2 other projects under his development, Nxt, and BitcoinDark (BTCD). It seems to me komodo is invented to finance the prior projects that have been failed to get completed (even though they gained more traction).

5- The komodo platform was advertising about their BIG announcement, but when it came to it they did it with a very poor presentation and in a not so professional way, with technical broadcasting issues. Also part of the big announcement was basically few promises that some businesses are interested to integrate komodo platform into their systems but whether they will actually implement this is unknown.

This is just my honest feedback having been studying this project for few months and I personally invested heavily on it but recently liquidated most of my positions.

Now we will see people here with "newbie" accounts come to say I'm a "troll" or "FUDer". But these words were basically invented to shut down any coherent debate and argument.

Also to be clear I'm not saying this project doesn't have any future and I hope I'm wrong about it, but based on my personal experience with this project I came to above conclusions.

I thinks people call you a troll because people see most of your post here are always about complaining and more complaining....honestly i never seen a person so negative like you.

Franticcrypto

Activity: 91

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:18:33 PM

Really interesting project, although I think that they could really do with a competent/charismatic CEO that manages, channels and guides the enthusiastic team/devs while also being able to sell the Komodo concept and platform to the people. Only then will this rough diamond be able to shine.
jl777B

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:20:21 PM

Really interesting project, although I think that they could really do with a competent/charismatic CEO that manages, channels and guides the enthusiastic team/devs while also being able to sell the Komodo concept and platform to the people. Only then will this rough diamond be able to shine.
if you qualify for this, please apply!
kjun5

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:21:52 PM

I just thought your opinion is completely right as an mere invester.
Just a one thing I'd like to say is that the fact that been jl777 anonymous is the big factor that I think the dev team is trustable.
which means that they know what they are doing.
Pages: « 1 ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 [586] 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: