Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191689 times)
ioncornel78

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:28:20 PM

The latest bleeding edge version in testing are at: https://artifacts.supernet.org/latest/

but these are not released until they are, so they might or might not fix your issue

also, we have seen cases where the old version confuses the new version, so it might be you need to clean out the old version thoroughly.

no more payouts from ico.komodoplatform.com ?!
KMD   92.92931659   PENDING OUTGOING   2017-08-30, 10:54 PM
?!?!
Not until October!!

In october i can do several swaps and payouts ?! or only one / month ?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ka82

Activity: 183
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:36:18 PM

I've invested in Komodo about 5 months ago. I was very excited about the project and basically the team's philosophy behind it. Here is few of my perspective on the project based on reading/studying their website/papers, trying to use their wallets, and monitoring KMD price:

1- Agma wallet hasn't been working when I first invested in KMD 5 months ago, and still it is not working based on several comments I've seen in this forum recently.

2- The project gives big promises however when it comes to just a working GUI it fails to deliver (at least in this 5 months)

3- The JL777 seems to be a nice and knowledgeable person but no one knows who he actually is.

4- The founder of this project also has 2 other projects under his development, Nxt, and BitcoinDark (BTCD). It seems to me komodo is invented to finance the prior projects that have been failed to get completed (even though they gained more traction).

5- The komodo platform was advertising about their BIG announcement, but when it came to it they did it with a very poor presentation and in a not so professional way, with technical broadcasting issues. Also part of the big announcement was basically few promises that some businesses are interested to integrate komodo platform into their systems but whether they will actually implement this is unknown.

This is just my honest feedback having been studying this project for few months and I personally invested heavily on it but recently liquidated most of my positions.

Now we will see people here with "newbie" accounts come to say I'm a "troll" or "FUDer". But these words were basically invented to shut down any coherent debate and argument.

Also to be clear I'm not saying this project doesn't have any future and I hope I'm wrong about it, but based on my personal experience with this project I came to above conclusions.

1. Agama wallet is being continuously improved, it is almost ready for stable operations across OS.

2. I dont remember promising a flawless GUI by any specific date.

3. Your point is? We seem to know many like karpeles, but does that help much? https://github.com/jl777 has all the code open source. Do you prefer non-anon dev with closed source as many projects are?

4. I was just a third party dev for NXT. I didnt start BTCD, but I became its lead dev. It is converted to KMD and not actively developed anymore. Your comments here indicate a distinct lack of factual understanding

5. dICO is enabled by the existing tech of JUMBLR and barterDEX and assetchains. And we are first to admit we must improve in the presentations area.

I think you were the one complaining about lack of ROI...

Well 30x this year for KMD and 500x if you bought BTCD at its prices a few years ago. I am sorry but such meager returns is all I seem to be able to achieve. Sorry to disappoint

I was originally "complaining" about not having a working wallet.....having a wallet that works properly so that investors can transfer their coins from the exchange to a wallet that they're comfortable with, I think, is the least a developer team can do. however, except the very first time that I used it, the Agma wallet has been giving errors, such as not being able to connect easily (unless you change some scripts in one of the files), not showing the balances correctly, not being able to understand if our KMDs are transferred to another wallet after clicking "Send" button, etc...

So it was this issue above for a while which eventually made me curious to see how much other projects have been appreciated in price (and yes, like most people I like to invest in things that appreciate in price a lot- and I'm sure you too) during the same time period...I posted something few days ago, listing 10-12 other coins which were launched this year or some that had been launch after KMD did, and you can see that some appreciated in price by 100x.....that's because when you look at their website, they have clear explanation of what the crypto is, a road-map that explains every step of the way, coin specifications/config, etc, etc....I don't see such things in komodo platform site even after the website upgrade....

What's with all the whinning? If you are so dissatisfied with your returns sell your position and move along. You claim you invested 5 months ago, if you did you already HAVE seen pretty good returns. What are you expecting 100% return on every investment? You must be one of the idiots that never traded stocks before crypto. People in those markets rave about getting a yearly 6%-8%. Aww but you don't like the GUI of the wallet, how about liking decentralized ICO's ?
Your either a jackass or serious troll.

I don't care about the design of the wallet, but I want to have a working wallet...

I have everything of my ICO ready to be launched today....how can I integrate komodo for my ICO right now with an easy-to use interface and toolbox??

You're free to call me whatever you wish.
You have a lot of stress.Swing wallet is a 100% working wallet,you can transfer your coins to an exchange without problems.Crypto is a patient investment

"Swing wallet is a 100% working wallet"......here are 2 comments saying it's not working:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg21632280#msg21632280

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg21652839#msg21652839

Last I heard the latest swing wallets were working well. If you run a version that is not the latest, then of course it wont work as well as the latest.

where can I find the latest version of swing wallet for windows? url?

Well I just downloaded the swing wallet...as soon as I opened it it popped a note saying:

"The Komodo GUI wallet is currently considered experimental. Use of this software comes at your own risk! Be sure to read the list of known issues and limitations at this page:..."

do you think this wallet is ready for investor and people in general to save their coins with peace of minds??

PS. here is a note (just posted) from a user saying wallet is not working:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg21675034#msg21675034
veneg

Activity: 282
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:43:36 PM

I've invested in Komodo about 5 months ago. I was very excited about the project and basically the team's philosophy behind it. Here is few of my perspective on the project based on reading/studying their website/papers, trying to use their wallets, and monitoring KMD price:

1- Agma wallet hasn't been working when I first invested in KMD 5 months ago, and still it is not working based on several comments I've seen in this forum recently.

2- The project gives big promises however when it comes to just a working GUI it fails to deliver (at least in this 5 months)

3- The JL777 seems to be a nice and knowledgeable person but no one knows who he actually is.

4- The founder of this project also has 2 other projects under his development, Nxt, and BitcoinDark (BTCD). It seems to me komodo is invented to finance the prior projects that have been failed to get completed (even though they gained more traction).

5- The komodo platform was advertising about their BIG announcement, but when it came to it they did it with a very poor presentation and in a not so professional way, with technical broadcasting issues. Also part of the big announcement was basically few promises that some businesses are interested to integrate komodo platform into their systems but whether they will actually implement this is unknown.

This is just my honest feedback having been studying this project for few months and I personally invested heavily on it but recently liquidated most of my positions.

Now we will see people here with "newbie" accounts come to say I'm a "troll" or "FUDer". But these words were basically invented to shut down any coherent debate and argument.

Also to be clear I'm not saying this project doesn't have any future and I hope I'm wrong about it, but based on my personal experience with this project I came to above conclusions.

1. Agama wallet is being continuously improved, it is almost ready for stable operations across OS.

2. I dont remember promising a flawless GUI by any specific date.

3. Your point is? We seem to know many like karpeles, but does that help much? https://github.com/jl777 has all the code open source. Do you prefer non-anon dev with closed source as many projects are?

4. I was just a third party dev for NXT. I didnt start BTCD, but I became its lead dev. It is converted to KMD and not actively developed anymore. Your comments here indicate a distinct lack of factual understanding

5. dICO is enabled by the existing tech of JUMBLR and barterDEX and assetchains. And we are first to admit we must improve in the presentations area.

I think you were the one complaining about lack of ROI...

Well 30x this year for KMD and 500x if you bought BTCD at its prices a few years ago. I am sorry but such meager returns is all I seem to be able to achieve. Sorry to disappoint

I was originally "complaining" about not having a working wallet.....having a wallet that works properly so that investors can transfer their coins from the exchange to a wallet that they're comfortable with, I think, is the least a developer team can do. however, except the very first time that I used it, the Agma wallet has been giving errors, such as not being able to connect easily (unless you change some scripts in one of the files), not showing the balances correctly, not being able to understand if our KMDs are transferred to another wallet after clicking "Send" button, etc...

So it was this issue above for a while which eventually made me curious to see how much other projects have been appreciated in price (and yes, like most people I like to invest in things that appreciate in price a lot- and I'm sure you too) during the same time period...I posted something few days ago, listing 10-12 other coins which were launched this year or some that had been launch after KMD did, and you can see that some appreciated in price by 100x.....that's because when you look at their website, they have clear explanation of what the crypto is, a road-map that explains every step of the way, coin specifications/config, etc, etc....I don't see such things in komodo platform site even after the website upgrade....

What's with all the whinning? If you are so dissatisfied with your returns sell your position and move along. You claim you invested 5 months ago, if you did you already HAVE seen pretty good returns. What are you expecting 100% return on every investment? You must be one of the idiots that never traded stocks before crypto. People in those markets rave about getting a yearly 6%-8%. Aww but you don't like the GUI of the wallet, how about liking decentralized ICO's ?
Your either a jackass or serious troll.

I don't care about the design of the wallet, but I want to have a working wallet...

I have everything of my ICO ready to be launched today....how can I integrate komodo for my ICO right now with an easy-to use interface and toolbox??

You're free to call me whatever you wish.
You have a lot of stress.Swing wallet is a 100% working wallet,you can transfer your coins to an exchange without problems.Crypto is a patient investment

"Swing wallet is a 100% working wallet"......here are 2 comments saying it's not working:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg21632280#msg21632280

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg21652839#msg21652839

Last I heard the latest swing wallets were working well. If you run a version that is not the latest, then of course it wont work as well as the latest.

where can I find the latest version of swing wallet for windows? url?

Well I just downloaded the swing wallet...as soon as I opened it it popped a note saying:

"The Komodo GUI wallet is currently considered experimental. Use of this software comes at your own risk! Be sure to read the list of known issues and limitations at this page:..."

do you think this wallet is ready for investor and people in general to save their coins with peace of minds??

PS. here is a note (just posted) from a user saying wallet is not working:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1605144.msg21675034#msg21675034

You are very complicated.Only install and go to bed.It will work don't worry
tave

Activity: 128
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 07:44:21 PM

for me latest agama wallet working, just sometimes needed clear cach and fetch data

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:26:41 PM

Those are two very valid points you have made. It would be nice to get a proper answer and not just a lot of excuses or calling people trolls. I don't see that as a way of doing good business. The wallet does not work for me either. Its buggy to say the least and has always given errors. If anyone who is going to invest into a coin long term cannot even get to manage the wallet then what does that say about the development going forward. It puts a question mark around the longevity of the coin. Komodo has not gone the way of Bitcoin which was more organised. If you want success then you have to try and emulate the success of others and not take these comments as trolling. Presentation is important.

I never said it was trolling.

I said we are aware of the wallet issues and are working on them. Not sure what else we can do other than to acknowledge the issue and work on it.

Anyway, once the GUI is done, I hope we can get to more productive discussions. Repeating the same thing a hundred times doesnt really make it get done any faster.

We know about the wallet issues.
We are working on it.
This last week I even stopped all my core coding work and switched to help testing the wallet. Indeed there were some issues, which have been identified and on osx that I tested it now works much better. windows is also improved, but it still has some installer issues

We know about the wallet issues
We are working on it.

Also we know the presentation we did wasnt the best. Do we also have to repeat that a hundred times? We promise the next presentation will be better.

Face it, if that's all they can complain about, you've already won. The entire KMD project is amazing, keep up the great work...

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
peschi

Activity: 355
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:40:06 PM

Those are two very valid points you have made. It would be nice to get a proper answer and not just a lot of excuses or calling people trolls. I don't see that as a way of doing good business. The wallet does not work for me either. Its buggy to say the least and has always given errors. If anyone who is going to invest into a coin long term cannot even get to manage the wallet then what does that say about the development going forward. It puts a question mark around the longevity of the coin. Komodo has not gone the way of Bitcoin which was more organised. If you want success then you have to try and emulate the success of others and not take these comments as trolling. Presentation is important.

I said we are aware of the wallet issues and are working on them. Not sure what else we can do other than to acknowledge the issue and work on it.

Anyway, once the GUI is done, I hope we can get to more productive discussions. Repeating the same thing a hundred times doesnt really make it get done any faster.

We are working on it.
This last week I even stopped all my core coding work and switched to help testing the wallet. Indeed there were some issues, which have been identified and on osx that I tested it now works much better. windows is also improved, but it still has some installer issues

We are working on it.

Also we know the presentation we did wasnt the best. Do we also have to repeat that a hundred times? We promise the next presentation will be better.

Face it, if that's all they can complain about, you've already won. The entire KMD project is amazing, keep up the great work...

I fully agree. Komodo project is wonderful - great progress! The only thing that could be improved is marketing. Let the world know about that wonderful project (and do that on a professional way  Wink )

yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 08:45:46 PM

ka82

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:03:01 PM

We are working on it.

We are working on it.

There's NO problem having no wallet at all...people can just leave their coins in the exchange, but when you release a wallet saying it doesn't have any issue then it should work 100% (excluding unknown issues), at least a wallet with no known issues...by saying "you do use the wallet at your own risk" you're leaving the burden of the development to the users
R-J-F

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:08:55 PM

We are working on it.

We are working on it.

There's NO problem having no wallet at all...people can just leave their coins in the exchange, but when you release a wallet saying it doesn't have any issue then it should work 100% (excluding unknown issues), at least a wallet with no known issues...by saying "you do use the wallet at your own risk" you're leaving the burden of the development to the users

You have made your point, to the point of annoyance. They are well aware of the issues and are working to correct them. Your continual need to point out those issues over and over will make no difference in how fast they are corrected. Let them do their job without the distraction.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
ka82

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:41:53 PM

We are working on it.

We are working on it.

You have made your point, to the point of annoyance. They are well aware of the issues and are working to correct them. Your continual need to point out those issues over and over will make no difference in how fast they are corrected. Let them do their job without the distraction.

"annoyance" is when people claim that something works with no issues but then you get stuck with the product

this is what I just tested after the lead developer told me there's no issues with the Swing wallet:

https://i.imgur.com/a/YBS6y.jpg

I'm not an asshole who just decided to invest in KMD today and when he found out there's something wrong with the wallet he starts ranting out in the forum....this is the issue that has been around for at least 5 months.
LazyBone

Activity: 17

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:13:24 PM

I'm not an asshole who just decided to invest in KMD today and when he found out there's something wrong with the wallet he starts ranting out in the forum....this is the issue that has been around for at least 5 months.

Okay, you made your point. We read it. We discussed it. And now, that's enough I think. Or what do you want more? Please understand me right. I don't want muzzle you and I'm also a friend of open minded discussions. But this conversation can't end in a way you like.

If you are disappointed and the team don't measured up to your's expectations I would suggest that you look for another coin with a wallet which satisfies you more. And if you like you can come back in future to see the progress and give Komodo another shot.
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:27:26 PM

latest uptrend was a little teaser for things to come.
Komodo looks like one of the best projects longterm now.
I am a bit excited now.

jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:31:34 PM

We are working on it.

We are working on it.

"annoyance" is when people claim that something works with no issues but then you get stuck with the product

this is what I just tested after the lead developer told me there's no issues with the Swing wallet:

if you had older versions running you need to properly install the new version after properly uninstalling the old. I know, I know, you shouldnt have to do that and its not right to force users to do such things.

yet, if your system had an older version some special steps need to be taken. On a clean system, we are not seeing such issues. If you really want a working wallet, you would come to the #support channel and get support.

If you just want to keep complaining about the same things over and over, then even after we have it fixed, you will probably run older versions and complain it still doesnt work.

If your next post is just repeating that after X minutes the wallet still isnt fixed, then I will just ignore you from now. I have tried and tried, but it appears you have an agenda that is different from wanting to get a wallet working on your system.
ka82

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:40:33 PM

We are working on it.

We are working on it.

if you had older versions running you need to properly install the new version after properly uninstalling the old. I know, I know, you shouldnt have to do that and its not right to force users to do such things.

yet, if your system had an older version some special steps need to be taken. On a clean system, we are not seeing such issues. If you really want a working wallet, you would come to the #support channel and get support.

If you just want to keep complaining about the same things over and over, then even after we have it fixed, you will probably run older versions and complain it still doesnt work.

If your next post is just repeating that after X minutes the wallet still isnt fixed, then I will just ignore you from now. I have tried and tried, but it appears you have an agenda that is different from wanting to get a wallet working on your system.

I have no agenda...I'm a typical investor who wants to see a successful project. I kept it quiet until the announcement day which was the pivotal moment for me...anyways no further comments from me.
jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:09:37 PM

@ka82 you should be aware that most projects take at least 18 months to sort out wallet issues, so things are on track here. Just sit back and enjoy the Fanboy floor show raving about how much Kmd is going to be

worth and how this is bigger than Ben-Hur.

Cheers Jon  Wink

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
R-J-F

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:21:51 AM

@ka82 you should be aware that most projects take at least 18 months to sort out wallet issues, so things are on track here. Just sit back and enjoy the Fanboy floor show raving about how much Kmd is going to be

Cheers Jon  Wink

Bender fan?

jd1959

Activity: 529
Merit: 505

I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 03:28:43 AM

Cheers Jon  Wink

Bender fan?

Big Time......Byte my shiny metal ass!!

Cheers Jon  Grin

dICO Disguised Instant Cash Out
awill333

Activity: 225

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:14:25 AM

Cheers Jon  Wink

Bender fan?

Big Time......Byte my shiny metal ass!!

Cheers Jon  Grin

got one word for you buddy: pathetic.

your intentions are obvious I am sure the people you work for are scared for the better coin to win. oh so obvious. nothing but a unintelligible shitstream of spew from your posts. it's about time somebody called you out directly. maybe you can post with your fake accounts instead.

"cheers"
Eugen999

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:18:54 AM

why the KMD falls?
TakeItEasy

Activity: 1622
Merit: 270

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:29:45 AM

I start to use KOMODO GUI wallet (KOMODO Swing wallet)....
OMG...So sloooow sync....Is there any blockchain data for download ?

24h has passed and my bc only at Nov,2016!

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Pages: « 1 ... 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 [588] 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: