Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 02:49:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191718 times)
Steve_Sanders

Activity: 26
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:56:27 AM

is it possible to retrieve the wallet with only the passphrase?
BitcoinOnFire

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 10:36:10 AM

It seams like DECRED also made the revolutionary atomic swap for the first time in history https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw5icKcmdbA&feature=youtu.be

So who was first? And which one is more revolutionary? Smiley

who is first does not matter much in business
but revolutionary: the one that has app ready for massive adoption

###
### Simplify your life with passwords -> passcombo.com - smart password generator
###
dollux

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 12:35:04 PM

It seams like DECRED also made the revolutionary atomic swap for the first time in history https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw5icKcmdbA&feature=youtu.be

Dave Collins, says, 5:43 "This is really low hanging fruit and not many people have done this so we're gong to go ahead, start the ball rolling and ya know huh, take it."

And there you have it, "not many people have done this" they where not the first, they took it.

He was talking about decentralized exchanges and atomic swaps, that exist, didn't name them clearly if at all, but he also didn't lie because BaterDex was/is already doing it and could easily be inserted into the decentralized exchange's statement but he didn't, he also didn't say that they jumped somebody else's train either, he played it down.

If this is being played as a first atomic swap then he has shot himself in the foot.

That's why I am not impressed with DICKHEAD sorry I mean DECRED or is it really NOCRED, sorry again, I get confused.

I wounder if De Cred is like De Grease, to take all the grease away, to take all the Credibility away, probably not but looks like it.

Everybody's jumping everybody else's train, it's always the same.
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 02:44:39 PM

is it possible to retrieve the wallet with only the passphrase?

Yes,  you should be able to access wallet using passphrase through Agama.   
PCMining

Activity: 305

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2017, 03:44:41 PM

Hey guys,

I just finished my nomp based KMD Pool.

Pool fee: 0.1%

http://88.253.8.58:8080/

stratum+tcp://88.253.8.58:3857

user: wallet
pass: x

Edit: Domain names...

Pool fee: 0.1%
http://www.pcmining.xyz/

KMD: stratum+tcp://www.pcmining.xyz:3857

user: wallet
pass: x

https://www.cratex.io

Cratex is international cryptocurrency trade platform and best place to buy, sell, trade and learn about crypto (0.1% trade fee, minimal withdrawal fees, fast deposits).
SHossainKMD

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:03:57 PM

Hello community, I have been around there since the BitcoinDark mining days using the ID "SHossain" which got hacked few months ago and I do not have access to that anymore. I just created this account today and sent a polite message to the account thief/hacker to give back the access to me. I registered that account on July 05, 2014, 10:08:45 PM. The hacker used the id to post something in Chinese and now in English on different threads. This is the link of the profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=352440 and this is the link of all the latest posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=352440;sa=showPosts

Don't get scammed by that thief/hacker and if you can help me to get my access back that would be lovely.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:37:47 PM

Dave Collins, says, 5:43 "This is really low hanging fruit and not many people have done this so we're gong to go ahead, start the ball rolling and ya know huh, take it."

And there you have it, "not many people have done this" they where not the first, they took it.

He was talking about decentralized exchanges and atomic swaps, that exist, didn't name them clearly if at all, but he also didn't lie because BaterDex was/is already doing it and could easily be inserted into the decentralized exchange's statement but he didn't, he also didn't say that they jumped somebody else's train either, he played it down.

If this is being played as a first atomic swap then he has shot himself in the foot.

That's why I am not impressed with DICKHEAD sorry I mean DECRED or is it really NOCRED, sorry again, I get confused.

I wounder if De Cred is like De Grease, to take all the grease away, to take all the Credibility away, probably not but looks like it.

IMO, it is not really worth worrying about. Decred is really trying to be a better bitcoin with governance and more bells and whistles. Komodo is aiming for a different goal. I own both as I think they are both good coins for what they are trying to do.
Franticcrypto

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 05:52:48 PM

When is the movie of the Switserland event coming out? A few pages ago someone was saying they were going to make a movie/press release?
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 06:22:25 PM

IMO, it is not really worth worrying about. Decred is really trying to be a better bitcoin with governance and more bells and whistles. Komodo is aiming for a different goal. I own both as I think they are both good coins for what they are trying to do.
We are working together with the DCR team to get it working with barterDEX. I think all this who did what first stuff is just distracting. We all know who did it first and nobody else is doing SPV based swaps, which is really what is required to make it easy enough for end users.

Of course still need GUI, etc, etc, but without core support for SPV dexing, it is limited to people that can install coin daemons and have the systems that can handle it, ie. small percentage.

On the windows side, thanks to mark81 making zillions of sync tests, we are finding out why windows is so slow and have made improvements. Not caught up to the other OS yet, but not off by a factor of 10 like before. It is nice to have new addition to the KMD team as there are so many different types of things that need to get done and clearly there are some things that existing people (especially me) are not good at.

So thanks to all the new contributors!

The "brown sheet" marketing was accidental, but it got a lot of people to come forward as it was clear we needed help Smiley

One point of clarification. A lot of people here just assume that we have to be just like some Fortune 500 company in all ways.... Kind of a strange assumption to have. Nothing against such big company methods, but brand new cutting edge tech is rarely from the biggest companies. They end up getting it most of the time by gobbling up the smaller ones.

However, since KMD is not a company, it cant be acquired, taken over, controlled, etc.

I will continue doing my nerdy core coding, but I am very, very glad that we now have people that can solve all the other issues.
dmitryshech

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 08:34:10 PM

We are working together with the DCR team to get it working with barterDEX. I think all this who did what first stuff is just distracting. We all know who did it first and nobody else is doing SPV based swaps, which is really what is required to make it easy enough for end users.

Of course still need GUI, etc, etc, but without core support for SPV dexing, it is limited to people that can install coin daemons and have the systems that can handle it, ie. small percentage.

On the windows side, thanks to mark81 making zillions of sync tests, we are finding out why windows is so slow and have made improvements. Not caught up to the other OS yet, but not off by a factor of 10 like before. It is nice to have new addition to the KMD team as there are so many different types of things that need to get done and clearly there are some things that existing people (especially me) are not good at.

So thanks to all the new contributors!

The "brown sheet" marketing was accidental, but it got a lot of people to come forward as it was clear we needed help Smiley

One point of clarification. A lot of people here just assume that we have to be just like some Fortune 500 company in all ways.... Kind of a strange assumption to have. Nothing against such big company methods, but brand new cutting edge tech is rarely from the biggest companies. They end up getting it most of the time by gobbling up the smaller ones.

However, since KMD is not a company, it cant be acquired, taken over, controlled, etc.

I will continue doing my nerdy core coding, but I am very, very glad that we now have people that can solve all the other issues.

I also own both DCR & KMD (much bigger stake in KMD though Smiley) and I think they both are great especially considering the fact that they goals are different, it's very good to hear that you guy's are working together. The main reason I asked the "who was first" question is because I think KOMODO can be much better in delivering the message. Search for "atomic swap" in youtube and you'll see what I'm talking about. Good marketing are as much important as good technology behind it, if not even more important. The main value of a technology are in number of people using it and not in a technology itself. Mass adoption = good marketing. A lot of good projects in history neglected that fact and left behind, it's like to be a starving artist, very talented in creating without any knowledge and ability in selling his creation.
We can't do nothing without the genius programmers but please don't underestimate the power of storytelling-marketing, you guys have to hire someone who will tell the best story and will tell it loud. Agree, everyone should do what he best at.
R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 09:20:43 PM

Hello community, I have been around there since the BitcoinDark mining days using the ID "SHossain" which got hacked few months ago and I do not have access to that anymore. I just created this account today and sent a polite message to the account thief/hacker to give back the access to me. I registered that account on July 05, 2014, 10:08:45 PM. The hacker used the id to post something in Chinese and now in English on different threads. This is the link of the profile https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=352440 and this is the link of all the latest posts https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=352440;sa=showPosts

Don't get scammed by that thief/hacker and if you can help me to get my access back that would be lovely.

I feel your pain, this my third time around! Grin  Nobody seems to care so you just go on making new accounts with crazy passwords. Interesting how those passwords get hacked... Good luck to you!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 10:15:47 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2017, 11:59:58 PM by yassin54

We now have a Telegram group!!

jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2017, 11:27:47 PM

Well Komodo is on the steady groove. Great to see how the price is being stabilised .with the upcoming dICO courtesy of Monaize . It will become the template of future dICOs.
Badamba

Activity: 216

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:35:49 AM

When do we get a decent wallet?
CryptoNick
Legendary

Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 03:52:52 AM

I just had my account hacked and got it back. Just contact Cyrus and get the account back. You can prove it with your IP address on the current account which will match the old account's majority of logins previously.
feranenem12345

Activity: 154

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:53:20 AM

Is it true that you have Satoshi Nakomodo as an advisor?
polycryptoblog

Activity: 383
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:02:52 AM

Is it true that you have Satoshi Nakomodo as an advisor?

He advises all of us...   just kidding,  no Satoshi Nakamoto is not an advisor for Komodo,  I do not believe that anyone has heard from him in many years.
m3mbr44n

Activity: 520
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:26:05 AM

Finally got the new AGAMA wallet to open in native mode but its been "Synchronizing" For the past 3 days. Is this normal guys?

I am in the same boat. I installed the latest beta version in native mode (advised a few pages back in this thread). I am syncing 2-3 days now, with regular restarts. It imports the seed fine, but nothing is happening and unfortunately you can not see in Agama how far the sync has progressed. In the app data/roaming folder I see that the blocks folder is increasing in size every time I restart, but I believe it is not progressing after a few minutes (now total at 1.99Gb). Any ideas?
super55

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:07:48 PM

Finally got the new AGAMA wallet to open in native mode but its been "Synchronizing" For the past 3 days. Is this normal guys?

I am in the same boat. I installed the latest beta version in native mode (advised a few pages back in this thread). I am syncing 2-3 days now, with regular restarts. It imports the seed fine, but nothing is happening and unfortunately you can not see in Agama how far the sync has progressed. In the app data/roaming folder I see that the blocks folder is increasing in size every time I restart, but I believe it is not progressing after a few minutes (now total at 1.99Gb). Any ideas?

Download the latest Agama wallet from here >>> https://artifacts.supernet.org/latest/
I recommend to start from new/fresh installed, so delete your old Komodo files from your, Appdata/Roaming folder.....then you can start new installed the new Agama wallet.

I also recommend you to keep open your wallet till it finished download....i thinks, if you closed your wallet before it finished download, it thinks it will be slower to download when you open your wallet the second time, when you tried to finished your download again the next day.

So just start installed Agama from new/fresh....it took me 5-7 hours to download all the blockchain from start to finished on the Native mode.
Badamba

Activity: 216

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:12:31 PM

So just start installed Agama from new/fresh....it took me 5-7 hours to download all the blockchain from start to finished on the Native mode.

Where can download a separate blockchain to not download all of them?
How many blockchain weigh now?
Pages: « 1 ... 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 [605] 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: