Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 08:33:18 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 ... 878 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KMD][dPoW] Komodo - An Open, Composable Smart Chain Platform, Secured by B  (Read 1191717 times)
super55

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:23:42 PM

So just start installed Agama from new/fresh....it took me 5-7 hours to download all the blockchain from start to finished on the Native mode.

Where can download a separate blockchain to not download all of them?
How many blockchain weigh now?

The blockchain download size is just 1,97 GB.

You can follow my instructions if you want to download the Native mode...because currently the Basilisk mode is not working if you want to send coins.

Badamba

Activity: 216

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:29:24 PM

So just start installed Agama from new/fresh....it took me 5-7 hours to download all the blockchain from start to finished on the Native mode.

You can follow my instructions if you want to download the Native mode...because currently the Basilisk mode is not working if you want to send coins.

Very, very, very slow network working.
Missing nodes on the network?
super55

Activity: 196

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:40:30 PM

Not sure what problems with your computer...but mine is ok.
If you using the old Agama wallet...you should download the new wallet update here>>>https://artifacts.supernet.org/latest/
Badamba

Activity: 216

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 01:47:20 PM

If you using the old Agama wallet...you should download the new wallet update here>>>https://artifacts.supernet.org/latest/

I've tried the latest versions of wallets (agama and komodo).
But the problem of synchronization is not where it's going.
The wallets of the other coins are working fine.
PCMining

Activity: 305

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2017, 04:39:42 PM

same here... synchronization is repeating... repeating... repeating...

https://www.cratex.io

Cratex is international cryptocurrency trade platform and best place to buy, sell, trade and learn about crypto (0.1% trade fee, minimal withdrawal fees, fast deposits).
yassin54
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:07:38 PM

ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:18:52 PM

Do you have any custom ports set in your komodo.conf file?
I found that to be a non-starter because Agama has ports set to default.

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:33:06 PM

Security and Privacy indeed are several traits of Komodo that are very much important in building decentralized apps and sidechains. In an event where kmd platform starts using kmd gas to fuel such apps and sidechains, well I will let the price speaks for itself so hodl.

well, actually almost all such features are implemented in different coins, so I can not say this is something completely unique   Undecided

but, the rally Komodo started recently is fantastic without a doubt, I wonder will it hold there and continue to climb higher ... or... will fell donw like Ikar..

only time and market will tell

Security using dPoW and Privacy are not used almost all. In fact you can only count with your fingers the cryptos offering mixing and privacy so where did you read almost all have this features? Better read the whitepaper and not just riding the bandwagon of shills and trolls. Even more premium than Ethereum . So watch out in less than 3 years, it will be in place.
Actually true privacy and more important fungibility are yet to be proved in crypto. For me what is somehow worrysome is what was shown with the recent BTC-e scandal. BTC in no that private and Zcash as it´s on backdoor at the devs disposal to turn privacy on and off..  said by the Zcash devs themselfs.)
Let´s hope KMD can help solve this issues and establish as a true privacy coin.
There is no backdoor in zcash and devs cannot turn privacy on and off. Not sure where you get such misinformation

Isn't there something like a lack in oversight with regards to total supply or so? Like, couldn't the total supply be raised without being noticed?
If you believe in fantasy stories by zcash fudders.

the reality is that all the param ceremony participants would have to collude and if they did, it will become clear that they did. Not exactly a high probability scenario, yet many somehow believe it is true. Even though there are videos for many of the participants, including Peter Todd who was driving through the wilderness.

Just incredible how strong the misinformation forces can create.

It is similar to saying all bitcoin addresses are insecure because you can just bruteforce all the privkeys. A theoretical possibility does not make something true

I am just not tech-savvy enough in this space to judge that. Thank you very much for the explanation. I just heard it some time ago and that's why I asked.
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 07:53:20 PM
Last edit: September 28, 2017, 08:46:34 PM by jl777B

Security and Privacy indeed are several traits of Komodo that are very much important in building decentralized apps and sidechains. In an event where kmd platform starts using kmd gas to fuel such apps and sidechains, well I will let the price speaks for itself so hodl.

well, actually almost all such features are implemented in different coins, so I can not say this is something completely unique   Undecided

but, the rally Komodo started recently is fantastic without a doubt, I wonder will it hold there and continue to climb higher ... or... will fell donw like Ikar..

Security using dPoW and Privacy are not used almost all. In fact you can only count with your fingers the cryptos offering mixing and privacy so where did you read almost all have this features? Better read the whitepaper and not just riding the bandwagon of shills and trolls. Even more premium than Ethereum . So watch out in less than 3 years, it will be in place.
Actually true privacy and more important fungibility are yet to be proved in crypto. For me what is somehow worrysome is what was shown with the recent BTC-e scandal. BTC in no that private and Zcash as it´s on backdoor at the devs disposal to turn privacy on and off..  said by the Zcash devs themselfs.)
There is no backdoor in zcash and devs cannot turn privacy on and off. Not sure where you get such misinformation

Isn't there something like a lack in oversight with regards to total supply or so? Like, couldn't the total supply be raised without being noticed?

the reality is that all the param ceremony participants would have to collude and if they did, it will become clear that they did. Not exactly a high probability scenario, yet many somehow believe it is true. Even though there are videos for many of the participants, including Peter Todd who was driving through the wilderness.

It is similar to saying all bitcoin addresses are insecure because you can just bruteforce all the privkeys. A theoretical possibility does not make something true

I am just not tech-savvy enough in this space to judge that. Thank you very much for the explanation. I just heard it some time ago and that's why I asked.
https://www.coindesk.com/zcash-audit-finds-no-serious-issues-launch-ceremony-security/

freebit13

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 08:44:52 PM

I was also having trouble with the latest wallet even though previous versions had worked fine and I found the only way to get it to work was to uninstall all old versions (iguana, agama and komodo) from windows, making sure you delete all associated files and folders from your "ProgramFiles" folder.

Then delete the "Agama", "iguana" & "Komodo" folders in "C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\". Then install the latest version of Agama (v0.2.0.22a-beta) using the windows installer.

After that I started Agama with KMD, REVS & JUMBLR in native mode and imported my passphrase from the ico and the blockchain downloaded and the wallet synced and I can see both my KMD and JUMBLR balances correctly now.

Grin

P.S. if you want to save some time downloading the blockchain again you can backup the "blocks" & "chainstate" folders and the "komodostate" file inside "C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Komodo" and copy them back after the re-install, before you open Agama for the first time... that worked for me.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
ComputerGenie

Activity: 1092
Merit: 552

Retired IRCX God

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:03:38 PM

I was also having trouble with the latest wallet even though previous versions had worked fine and I found the only way to get it to work was to uninstall all old versions (iguana, agama and komodo) from windows, making sure you delete all associated files and folders from your "ProgramFiles" folder.

Then delete the "Agama", "iguana" & "Komodo" folders in "C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\". Then install the latest version of Agama (v0.2.0.22a-beta) using the windows installer.
Good catch, I didn't even think to mention that; been playing around with non-production software for so many years that I forgot that some folks don't know to delete old installs with alpha and beta updates.  Embarrassed

If you have to ask "why?", you wouldn`t understand my answer.
Always be on the look out, because you never know when you'll be stalked by hit-men that eat nothing but cream cheese....
germsite

Activity: 1009
Merit: 261

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 09:15:52 PM

Actually true privacy and more important fungibility are yet to be proved in crypto. For me what is somehow worrysome is what was shown with the recent BTC-e scandal. BTC in no that private and Zcash as it´s on backdoor at the devs disposal to turn privacy on and off..  said by the Zcash devs themselfs.)

https://www.coindesk.com/zcash-audit-finds-no-serious-issues-launch-ceremony-security/

Inormative article. I think there is not much more to add Smiley nonetheless, I am happy I brought it up and that you explained it. Learned something here.
MrSunshine

Activity: 1181
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:31:06 PM

After that I started Agama with KMD, REVS & JUMBLR in native mode and imported my passphrase from the ico and the blockchain downloaded and the wallet synced and I can see both my KMD and JUMBLR balances correctly now.

Grin

P.S. if you want to save some time downloading the blockchain again you can backup the "blocks" & "chainstate" folders and the "komodostate" file inside "C:\Users\[YourUserName]\AppData\Roaming\Komodo" and copy them back after the re-install, before you open Agama for the first time... that worked for me.

SNIP

Just be clear so all you need is your Wallet Seed to recover your balance? I had been running the Agama wallet in Basilisk mode and would like to try this technique.
blackened515

Activity: 1218
Merit: 279

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:37:54 PM

Well Komodo is on the steady groove. Great to see how the price is being stabilised .with the upcoming dICO courtesy of Monaize . It will become the template of future dICOs.
kmd will soon be $50 Grin

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
[
[
[
]
]
]
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
jwiz168

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 10:53:51 PM

This will enhance the relationship between banking  and blockchain technology. Furthermore, this may revolutionise the way people transact with their assets.
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:04:15 PM

Can someone help me out here? It seems like I'm the only person having problems with the AGAMA wallet loading up, I haven't seen my balance for 2 months now. Yes, I have the new version. Everytime I open AGAMA it says "synchronizing is in progress" but its been progress for over 4 days now. This cannot be normal, I wish I could just transfer my Komodo into bittrex and leave all this AGAMA wallet failing crap behind me. I guess this is what I get for trying to stake.

Campaign Manager (2018)
freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:37:17 PM

Just be clear so all you need is your Wallet Seed to recover your balance? I had been running the Agama wallet in Basilisk mode and would like to try this technique.
Yes, your wallet seed is all you should ever need to import your wallet and access your coins.

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
okie dokie

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:39:25 PM

Can someone help me out here? It seems like I'm the only person having problems with the AGAMA wallet loading up, I haven't seen my balance for 2 months now. Yes, I have the new version. Everytime I open AGAMA it says "synchronizing is in progress" but its been progress for over 4 days now. This cannot be normal, I wish I could just transfer my Komodo into bittrex and leave all this AGAMA wallet failing crap behind me. I guess this is what I get for trying to stake.

Grin

freebit13

I got Satoshi's avatar!

View Profile
September 28, 2017, 11:39:42 PM
Last edit: September 29, 2017, 12:15:42 AM by freebit13

Try the method I posted on the previous page... and remember to claim your interest before you send your kmd to the exchange...

You can always check your wallet balance in the explorer: https://kmd.explorer.supernet.org/

Edit: ^^It's been copied to the post above^^

Decentralize EVERYTHING!
Filmmmakerr

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Hello. Bye.

View Profile
September 29, 2017, 02:23:04 AM

Try the method I posted on the previous page... and remember to claim your interest before you send your kmd to the exchange...

You can always check your wallet balance in the explorer: https://kmd.explorer.supernet.org/

Edit: ^^It's been copied to the post above^^

Ive already tried re-installing everything and deleting all the old stuff, no luck. Is there another wallet I can use to import my Komodo or am I stuck with the non working agama?

Campaign Manager (2018)
Pages: « 1 ... 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 [606] 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 634 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 ... 878 »
  Print  

Jump to: