Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:41:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Bitcoin and real money?  (Read 114802 times)
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 07:27:55 PM

the difference between bitcoin and real money is that when you use bitcoin you don't have to enter any personal information like the real money bank accounts that when wanna buy anything of the internet they wanna know all about you, the bitcoin is a much secure way that way your money is more safer

Yes that are some of the difference of bitcoin and real money. But to make it more simply. Bitcoin is digital and a decentralized crypto currency which means government power is not able to control the fluctuations, value and anything about bitcoin, unlike real money is being centralized and being controlled by the government.
As we can see that there is not a single fiat currency that is decentralize  and can be use in all over the world with same value everywhere, but I think bitcoin is the first and only currency that is worldwide crypto currency having same value in all over the world and that is the big difference between bitcoin and other fiat currencies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2016, 07:48:14 PM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

I use bitcoin to play poker....Banks were forbidden to transfer USD to known poker sites in 2011 which caused many sites to cease operation in the United States.  Bitcoin was a solution, not only because it didn't rely upon a centralized bank, but it also bypassed the jurisdictional issues byway of its pseudonymous implementation.  However, there are others who take advantage of bitcoin to avoid the costs associated with remittances....Ever do a Western Union wire?  What if your business required several such wires a day?  <---Bitcoin, my friend.
Dux2K
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

Blocklancer - Freelance on the Blockchain

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 07:51:09 PM

Many differences but think that ain is low fee in comparing to money transfer  and the opportunity to get more then invested bitcoin is future and it will be here forlong to come
Dont think we will see full potential in our lifetime

Coinroll - Bitcoin Gambling

[fX665GSjkGyrckCzk]
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 08:25:33 PM

The difference, I believe everyone know about the fiat or real currency, Fiat have no need to explanation. But about bitcoin, So bitcoin is a crypto currency, and if we use the word of online currency than it is better, Otherwise the difference between bitcoin and real money, So many and many differences are here with each other, but in short, both are currency and both same way to get us facilitate, but real currency have no problem to use it, and the bitcoin, only a few countries and few people know about it.

I think that you are right and the fact is that the bitcoin is fully digital so that is already a big difference of course.
That's right but you see in India the currency is banned (bigger currency notes ) and they urge people to be digital and I think this is actually the future. I think we should make more and more transactions online because there is record, there is no worry about currency being destroyed and with something like bitcoins we can earn at the same time we spend.
TheBobman

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 09:09:50 PM

The first difference is of course that the bitcoin is digital and real money is not digital, another thing is that the bitcoin is globally and other currency's are not this at all.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 09:28:27 PM

The real money has value that can be influenced by a nationality, bitcoin value is influenced by more than one nationality. Bitcoin anonymity protects your exchange for any good or investment while most real money can be easily traced. bitcoin is a virtual portable money that pose a level of secure wealth while real money availability makes you vulnerable to theft and insecurity.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 09:57:56 PM

You can turn dollar into btc and btc to dollar, well what differs from them is you can do whatever you like from your btc, you can't buy dollars, you can buy btc, you can sell dollars, you can sell btc. And the good thing is you can have interests so you ca n earn money, its just business. Bitcoins price are getting high everyday and its good to have it early while its still cheaper.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2016, 10:12:35 PM

The first difference is of course that the bitcoin is digital and real money is not digital, another thing is that the bitcoin is globally and other currency's are not this at all.
Well, it's not that simple... Fiat money is centralized, controlled by central authorities and banks, and it has a high inflation rate.
The same does not occur with respect to Bitcoin, backed by science and technology, decentralized and, very importantly, deflationary.
dearbesz1219

Activity: 924
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 01:20:29 AM

The difference between Bitcoin and real money  is;

In bitcoin you can only use it for online payment such as online shopping, money transfer/sending money to your love ones and that will be depend on the sites if they accept bitcoin, while in real money we can only use it for immediately payment whether we are in a place of shopping malls, markets, etc. while in bitcoin not there is a process that need to do even in real money we cannot use it at once in online still something need to under go process.
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
November 25, 2016, 03:43:54 AM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

the advantages of using bitcoin
1.Freedom Payments ( There is no bank holiday, no national boundaries. no restrictions are imposed. Bitcoin gives users full control over their money).
2. The cost is very low
3. Security And Control
4. Transparent and neutral.
that's "why would I convert money into Bitcoins"

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
richmcrich

Activity: 1120
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:23:44 PM

if you save bitcoin you can get a profit , bitcoin increase fast
but if you save your $ or real money they just to inflation of price
That's true but the only reason people tend to keep and prefer cash over bitcoins is because they cannot use bitcoins in local stores a shops. I think there should be a instant exchange that gives fiat for btc and vice versa so we always feel bitcoins like cash then will be no more differences between bitcoin and real money.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:33:17 PM

For me, this difference is very clear, without to much technical details.
I can receive salary from my regular, offline job, only in real money.
Bank will accept my payments for the loan only in real money.
Offline shops will also accept only real money.
Unfortunately, only a few merchants accept Bitcoin in my country so we have no choice but to exchange Bitcoin to the real money, if we need to buy something.
It seems that right now I don't have so many choices with Bitcoin.
I can keep my BTC funds in the wallet, spend for digital staff or exchange to real money.
So, to put in simple way, I manage my daily living with real money and keep my BTC funds as assets for the future.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
royalfestus

Activity: 2408
Merit: 516

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:40:19 PM

Whereas bitcoin was invented as a digital currency and exists purely as a mathematical object, it nevertheless is a real money. It is revolutionary and have more appeal than what other so called real money are having to offer. It is secure, can be divided into much more smaller units, transactions are nearly instantaneously since central banks and its agents - card companies are by-passed, resulting in very low transactions costs. How best can a real money get?

Exactly. Many people have the misconception that bitcoin is an illegitimate currency and therefore is not real money, since the founder is unknown. Or that it is not controlled by the government nor backed by anything of value, therefore it is not real money. But the truth is the fiat currency that people call "real money" have no real value either. The true value with bitcoin is the cryptographic and economical concept behind it which enables it to serve as a great currency.
Either way you put it there are still differences between the real money and bitcoin. Can u tell me how bitcoin looks like? It define it virtual state. Can you tender it at any market any where in the world for direct exchange? No. Without the internet bitcoin will just be abstract. It is a technology for the new world.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 01:49:22 PM

I think the difference between bitcoin and real money is not far. Real money can follow the bitcoin system, and i hope the fee when send money arround the world is easy and very cheap for fees.

Wait the minute here, if real money follow bitcoin, then real money will not be real money, it will be alt coin, and just one more in the list of many other altcoins. For them it will be easy to push their alt coin cause they have strong support in government, bank, and corporation sectors. If they make new alt, and if they enforce this sectors to use their altcoin that will be a huge project. Bitcoin didn`t have this kind of support in start, and sure it does not have support now from this sectors. For me that is possible outcome, but this is just some imaginative prediction, if they decide to `follow bitcoin system`.                 

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Achargeturry78

Activity: 630
Merit: 267

Just follow the rules

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 03:33:08 PM

Me i've discovered bitcoin few year's ago where i start earning from faucets and giveaways from websites then learn on how to invest small amount of bitcoin. Till then i learn on how the trade works the difference between bitcoin and real money is in bitcoin you can use this currency to earn or to invest to earn money but you cannot use bitcoin as physical money not real money you can exchange your bitcoin into fiat money and then use that to buy things
staff_1307

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 03:39:14 PM

In Bitcoin has advantages over real money. When you pay with your bank check another one bank, usually your bank a few days will keep the money to ensure that the funds actually available. Similarly, international bank transfers can not go one day.

Bitcoin transactions are conducted in much faster. Thus, the transaction "zero proof" tested immediately. In this case the receiving party assumes the risk of the transfer, unacknowledged chain blocks. Alternatively, the transaction takes about ten minutes, if the payee is pending. In any case, it is many times faster than any interbank transfers.
groll

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 03:41:34 PM

Me i've discovered bitcoin few year's ago where i start earning from faucets and giveaways from websites then learn on how to invest small amount of bitcoin. Till then i learn on how the trade works the difference between bitcoin and real money is in bitcoin you can use this currency to earn or to invest to earn money but you cannot use bitcoin as physical money not real money you can exchange your bitcoin into fiat money and then use that to buy things

There are many differences between real money and bitcoins, first you cannot hold bitcoins physically and buy it on a simple store while money can, bitcoins are digital, fast transactions, hasa limit where to spend once it was still not converted on fiat, you need to excmhangd it first befire you can use it on store. While real money has no limitations, you csn use it and pay instantly your money whenever store you go.
serjent05
Legendary

Activity: 2828
Merit: 1253

Cashback 15%

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 03:42:13 PM

I think the difference between bitcoin and real money is not far. Real money can follow the bitcoin system, and i hope the fee when send money arround the world is easy and very cheap for fees.

Wait the minute here, if real money follow bitcoin, then real money will not be real money, it will be alt coin, and just one more in the list of many other altcoins. For them it will be easy to push their alt coin cause they have strong support in government, bank, and corporation sectors. If they make new alt, and if they enforce this sectors to use their altcoin that will be a huge project. Bitcoin didn`t have this kind of support in start, and sure it does not have support now from this sectors. For me that is possible outcome, but this is just some imaginative prediction, if they decide to `follow bitcoin system`.                 

lol i think the one you qouted just stated that authority that produce the  "real money"  may consider the innovation brought by bitcoin and thus, will pattern the next money system according to bitcoin technology but with centralized authority of course.

.HUGE.
▄██████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄███████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████▌██▌▐██▐██▐████▄███
████▐██▐████▌██▌██▌██▌██
█████▀███▀███▀▐██▐██▐█████

▀█████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████████▀

▀█████████████████▀

▀██████████▀▀
█▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CASINSPORTSBOOK
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄█
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2016, 08:18:06 PM
Last edit: November 26, 2016, 08:49:17 PM by deisik

There are many differences between real money and bitcoins, first you cannot hold bitcoins physically and buy it on a simple store while money can, bitcoins are digital, fast transactions, hasa limit where to spend once it was still not converted on fiat, you need to excmhangd it first befire you can use it on store. While real money has no limitations, you csn use it and pay instantly your money whenever store you go.

In fact, you can hold bitcoins in your hands too:

Other than that, fiat money is also mainly digital nowadays, and the way it is processed and stored doesn't conceptually differ much from how Bitcoin is processed and stored. In this aspect, all electronic monies are pretty much alike. Fiat transactions can also be virtually instant (a few seconds), so there is not much difference between Bitcoin and fiat, either...

And with Bitcoin payment cards, you can use Bitcoin in essentially the same way as your regular money

bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 26, 2016, 08:37:56 PM

there is good example of bitcoin and real money we can use bitcoin for online shopping for online website who sell their product for online and real money we can be use for local shopping in local shops and real money have physical shape.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: