Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:31:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Bitcoin and real money?  (Read 114802 times)
ibuddy122505

Activity: 1057
Merit: 261

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 05:14:23 PM

Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin is known as digital currency which used and accepted among the members of a specific (virtual) community. So there have some limitation cause it's not considered "real", physical money.On other hand,we can't use other currencies except for our national currency.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mastica

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2016, 05:32:20 PM

Bitcoin currently is a way to make unlimited money, and is the easy way to achieve the dream of getting rich, with low effort, bitcoin can provide anyone easy profit just by hold a bitcoin. I dont know how long bitcoin can keep with those pumps and dumps, but i know people are interested into volatilaty and potencial that bitcoin does have. Fiat is the most used nowadays, and hasnt such potencial, for you make some money at fiat you must risk it at gambling as well into forex.
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2016, 06:22:23 PM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

Firstly Bitcoin and money is different, this is a decentralised currency. It's highly secured easy to exchange and it's is more like a commodity if you want a simple understanding more like gold and it's safe to invest in it. Buy and sell it and make profit, just be careful about how and when to invest.

It is not safe to invest in bitcoin. I am referring to the incident of Mt. Gox and Bitfinex. Because of those incidents the price of Bitcoin dropped big time. So you can really say that investing in bitcoin is safe. There is no safe investment in the world. There is always a chance that any investment will fail or decrease. You can't also compare bitcoin to gold. These two are very different in concept and trading. Bitcoin has not yet been adopted widely as gold has been. Gold has been here more than a thousand years.

Mt. Gox was the only exchange in the town back then

On the other hand, The Bitfinex incident turned out to be an excellent opportunity to buy cheap bitcoins, though it was rather short-lived and not many people had been lucky to jump on that bandwagon before it departed. There are no safe investments, and those which can be considered as such are not very profitable overall (e.g. gold). This basically means that we should jump at any genuine opportunity to increase our capital and wealth without marrying an allegedly profitable asset and sticking to it till it turns into dust at the end of the day

Yuuto

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 02:49:28 AM

It really depends on what your definition for real money is.

If your definition of real money is money that can be spent any time and has value, then bitcoin is indeed real money.

If your definition is that real money is fiat currency issued by governments, then bitcoin isn't real money.

I personally would think that the first definition is more accurate than the second, because the government's fiat currencies do not carry any intrinsic value nor is it a technological revolution in any shape or form.
MancyZz

Activity: 728
Merit: 252

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 03:43:25 AM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

bitcoin can bring your income very fast , different $ increase more slowly

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
cpfreeplz
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1042

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 03:52:44 AM

"Real money" is bitcoin so not sure what the confusion is. Fiat or crappy over-inflated government ruled worthless currency as I call it is worthless because if you need more money you just print more!
abayan

Activity: 686
Merit: 260

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 03:58:32 AM

Cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin is known as digital currency which used and accepted among the members of a specific (virtual) community. So there have some limitation cause it's not considered "real", physical money.On other hand,we can't use other currencies except for our national currency.

We can use both at the same time but it depends on how you really need bitcoin. And most of the time we are in need to use real money rather than bitcoin because of its restriction and limitation. Bitcoin is usable if we will going to convert it with fiat because our country relies with it.

I agree on you. In the end we are using our own fiat because yes we do use bitcoin also but we cant use it directly to buy our needs using virtual currencies so we need to exchange it to our own fiat. Bitcoin is good in online transactions and fiat is for real life.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄           ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
agamasrori

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 05:18:00 AM

We can use both at the same time but it depends on how you really need bitcoin. And most of the time we are in need to use real money rather than bitcoin because of its restriction and limitation. Bitcoin is usable if we will going to convert it with fiat because our country relies with it.

I agree on you. In the end we are using our own fiat because yes we do use bitcoin also but we cant use it directly to buy our needs using virtual currencies so we need to exchange it to our own fiat. Bitcoin is good in online transactions and fiat is for real life.
But bitcoin still have more benefit than fiat(real/physical money). Bitcoin isn't get inflation, trend of the price is rise and government can not control it. Fiat is get inflation every years, its so un profitable and its can not divided into 8 decimal like bitcoin.

▄
            ▄███▄
          ▄███████▄
   ▄▄▄    █
█████████
   ███
    ███████████▄
██    ████    ████████▄
      ████    ██████████
  ████    ████▀██████████
  ████    ██▀   ▀█████████▄
      █████       █████████▄
      ███▀         ▀████████
  ██████▀           ▀███████
  █████▀             ▀█████
   ████ █▄▄▄     ▄▄▄█ ████
    ███ ▀███████████▀ ███
     ▀▀█▄ █████████ ▄█▀▀
        ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄▀▀
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
●●
|●  facebook
●  reddit
●  ann thread
|
█ ██
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██

██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
█ ██ █
██ █
twodrive01

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2016, 09:59:45 PM

I think the point is that there are not enough merchants yet. When there are more merchants this question will be moot.
MinerHQ
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 12:21:17 AM

Bitcoin and real money is both currencies but they are different in platform.Bitcoin is a crytocurrency used mostly in digital world and real money is a fiat a physical money

Bitcoins are not just money, but it has got an additional feature like considered as an investment also because its prices are more volatile compared to other currencies in the world. So you can make a good profit by investing in bitcoins. Also in some stores, you will get additional discounts for using bitcoins as payments.
5thangel

Activity: 910
Merit: 508

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2016, 07:20:41 AM

I think the point is that there are not enough merchants yet. When there are more merchants this question will be moot.
little things make big things happen
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 07:24:37 AM

Bitcoin and real money is both currencies but they are different in platform.Bitcoin is a crytocurrency used mostly in digital world and real money is a fiat a physical money

Bitcoins are not just money, but it has got an additional feature like considered as an investment also because its prices are more volatile compared to other currencies in the world. So you can make a good profit by investing in bitcoins. Also in some stores, you will get additional discounts for using bitcoins as payments.
The investment thins it correct,but also BTC gives you so much more than that.It gives you freedom,you don't have to go through banks,third parties and so on,you also don't have to wait severeal days for confirmations and so on.The fees are little to no existend and this whole thing makes BTC so much better and gives an opportuinity which there was never before and that's what so great about it.

daringdiscovered

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 11:34:18 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency while real money is a physical currency. Bitcoin has no physical appearance, real money have different appearnce depending on which country it is. Bitcoin can't buy anything yet. And bitcoin has low fees than real money.
conected

Activity: 1302
Merit: 503

View Profile
December 04, 2016, 11:42:36 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency while real money is a physical currency. Bitcoin has no physical appearance, real money have different appearnce depending on which country it is. Bitcoin can't buy anything yet. And bitcoin has low fees than real money.
Money does not have fees. That's called the tax. we have to pay taxes to use the money while Bitcoin does not require users to pay tax. We only have to charge the fee for the miners to confirm our transactions. Bitcoin will be used to buy most of the things in the future. We can still buy many things online with Bitcoin

▄▆▆▄
           ▄████████▄
        ▄██████████████▄
     ▄███████      ███████▄
  ▄███████            ███████▄
███████                  ███████
█████▀                    ▀▀██▀
█████
█████                       ▄▆█
█████                   ▆██████
█████                   ████████
  ▀█                   █▀ ▐████
▄                          ▐████
██▆▄▄                    ▄█████
███████                  ███████
  ▀███████            ███████▀
     ▀███████      ███████▀
        ▀██████████████▀
           ▀████████▀

. Graphene Airdrop Coming Soon by Phore .
  █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
█████████               ████████
█████████           ▅▆████████▌
█████████     ▅▅▆████████████▌
█████████▆█████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▀▀▀
█████████▀▀
█████████
█████████
Mirconome

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:47:38 AM

Money does not have fees. That's called the tax. we have to pay taxes to use the money while Bitcoin does not require users to pay tax. We only have to charge the fee for the miners to confirm our transactions. Bitcoin will be used to buy most of the things in the future. We can still buy many things online with Bitcoin
It is clear that the whole problem in taxes, and that bitcoin that can relieve, but paper money on a lot easier. Bitcoin is a complex thing, and they can use only those that understand what it is.
lilit

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:29:31 AM

With real money calmer when they're in your pocket. It is not always at hand now, even the Internet is. So if I had to pay for the goods bitcoin, but there was no internet, I obtained a beggar.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
Natalim

Activity: 2898
Merit: 590

BTC to the MOON in 2019

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:50:38 AM

It is clear that the whole problem in taxes, and that bitcoin that can relieve, but paper money on a lot easier. Bitcoin is a complex thing, and they can use only those that understand what it is.
It is, we need both while paper money is a necessity for us to survive in this world as that is the only one approved by the government as our legal tender. Some if not all of us here are making a journey in bitcoin since we believe that we can achieve our goal here being inspired by the successful early investors. Here, no tax so we can maximize our income, therefore it's an investment for us.

Xester

Activity: 994
Merit: 544

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 07:46:31 AM

It is, we need both while paper money is a necessity for us to survive in this world as that is the only one approved by the government as our legal tender. Some if not all of us here are making a journey in bitcoin since we believe that we can achieve our goal here being inspired by the successful early investors. Here, no tax so we can maximize our income, therefore it's an investment for us.

In my opinion we both need money and bitcoin. There is a big difference between and bitcoin and that difference is a thing we must understand to survive in todays cryptocurrency system. Bitcoin cryptocurrency cannot reach out to far flung areas that has no internet connection and to people without computers, it means that the world is not yet ready to embrace bitcoin to replace fiat currency, but we need fiat currency to support bitcoin to make it bloom until it is ready.
wutard

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 04:48:29 PM

I'm more suited bitcoin, just because I do not have control over the state. Authorities are cashing in on people, without thinking about our welfare.
Rastaman2016

Activity: 247

View Profile
December 05, 2016, 05:38:40 PM

I'd rather use the dollars and earn with bitcoin. This tandem is less suitable to generate income for its disposal.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: