Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 06:00:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Bitcoin and real money?  (Read 114802 times)
Mr.grin
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 09:48:27 AM

The most fundamental difference of bitcoin and real money is its shape. real money in the form.
while bitcoin have a digital system that is not visible. but both have in common is both used as currency.
both have a value that can be used for life.
although there are so many other reasons which cause the difference between bitcoin and real money. i think the main difference between the two currencies is that bitcoin is digital currency while fiat is physical currency, bitcoin is decentralize not in control of any person. while fiat is centralize and under control of each governments. bitcoin has the same value everywhere while fiat value different from place to place.
true, the most important difference is that bitcoin is in the digital world and used internationally, while the real money, or fiat, can only be used with a maximum in a country. Another distinguishing thing is, bitcoin is very easy to get on the internet, simply by utilizing the faucet, we can produce bitcoin. while the real money, requires no special skills or a significant sacrifice to get it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 11:05:24 AM

The most fundamental difference of bitcoin and real money is its shape. real money in the form.
while bitcoin have a digital system that is not visible. but both have in common is both used as currency.
both have a value that can be used for life.
although there are so many other reasons which cause the difference between bitcoin and real money. i think the main difference between the two currencies is that bitcoin is digital currency while fiat is physical currency, bitcoin is decentralize not in control of any person. while fiat is centralize and under control of each governments. bitcoin has the same value everywhere while fiat value different from place to place.
true, the most important difference is that bitcoin is in the digital world and used internationally, while the real money, or fiat, can only be used with a maximum in a country. Another distinguishing thing is, bitcoin is very easy to get on the internet, simply by utilizing the faucet, we can produce bitcoin. while the real money, requires no special skills or a significant sacrifice to get it.

So basically what you're trying to say by that is that both bitcoin and real money don't require any special skill or significant sacrifice? I don't see doing faucets as requiring a special skill.

Some countries do not recognize bitcoin as currency yet, so that’s a big difference right there, right away. There are still debates as to whether it is to be considered a currency or property. While in Japan, it is a virtual currency but not yet considered as a currency that can be used for local purchases.

It will be, in two months. It has always been a virtual currency all over the world and it is not yet considered as currency that can be used for local purchases most places in the world so I don't know why did you pick Japan specifically. I guess it's because you read somewhere that Japan is about to make it a legal way to pay for purchases.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
Michel de Montaigne

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 02:58:06 PM

Bitcoin is more advantageous than other investment vehicles.
There are high ups and downs in BTC price during the day. You can profit from this price fluctuations if you can get in the right place and get out of the right place.
Price changes in other investment vehicles are not so much.

Bitcoin still consider as risky investment  so IMO , the best investment still property and land.
Recently bitcoin become popular when it able reach $ 1500 that interest more people to invest bitcoin compare people to save their own local currency / money

The risk is for every investment vehicle. Real estate is at risk for investment. The biggest advantage of Bitcoin is price fluctuations. There is a price change of at least $ 5 within a day. If we can use this price change correctly, we will make money.
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:12:13 PM

Difference between Bitcoin and real money can be seen in a new movie-2017 about Bitcoin: "Bitcoin trust Bitcoin and Blockchain"! Very informative and interesting!  See, you can film: https://youtu.be/Axv5RLIwy2I   Russian-speaking people!
rindo

Activity: 938

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 03:13:17 PM

in my opinion
i think that the difference not only at the digital funds and physic money
cause real money will never ever and ever change the number of amounts like example 1 $ it still counting as 1 $ its different with bitcoin which usually change according by the time as u see in every time there might a change of the price for 1 bitcoin
and another of that real money already accept by the local people it might the local people whose dont know about bitcoin will not accept as the trading things
thank you
deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2017, 06:19:24 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2017, 08:12:29 PM by deisik

Some countries do not recognize bitcoin as currency yet, so that’s a big difference right there, right away. There are still debates as to whether it is to be considered a currency or property. While in Japan, it is a virtual currency but not yet considered as a currency that can be used for local purchases.

I am hearing first time that some people think bitcoin as a property.   Grin  Property is a physical thing which has existence on earth. How bitcoin can be a property?

You got it all wrong mate

Or someone has terribly misinformed you. Property in a legal sense (which is what typically meant in such or similar discussions) refers first of all to property rights, i.e. your position toward some object (it doesn't matter if it should really exist, e.g. Bitcoin) regarding what you can do with it (e.g. sell it or use it). As you can easily see (at least, I hope for that), physical existence or real "objective" presence is irrelevant to this, basically since you can claim ownership of both tangible and intangible assets. That's why Bitcoin can also be considered as property, i.e. an object of property rights, more specifically

roadbits
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 06:55:39 PM

in my opinion
cause real money will never ever and ever change the number of amounts like example 1 $ it still counting as 1 $ its different with bitcoin which usually change according by the time as u see in every time there might a change of the price for 1 bitcoin
and another of that real money already accept by the local people it might the local people whose don't know about bitcoin will not accept as the trading things
thank you
The dollar value also change, according to you 1$ counting as 1$ I agree, then what about 1 BTC will you count 1BTC is equal to a number of BTC or 1BTC. If you call 1$ is counting as 1$, then 1BTC also counting as 1BTC only. You know the dollar value also change if you convert it into other country currencies am i right? Like that BTC value also change that's it.
whizter

Activity: 588

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 09:24:26 PM

in my opinion
and another of that real money already accept by the local people it might the local people whose dont know about bitcoin will not accept as the trading things
thank you
but i think it also happen in fiat some time the price of fiat fell down as compare to other fiat currency. and it is also true that   1 dollar is will remain 1 dollar and similarly 1 bitcoin will remain one bitcoin but its value changed from bitcoin to bitcoiin.

███████████████████▄▄▄
        ████████████████████████▄▄
           ████████████████████████▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████▄
    ███████████████       ▀▀███████████
        ███████               ██████████
        ███████                ██████████
████████   ████████             █████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄████████             █████████
        ███████████             █████████
    ████   ████████            ██████████
    ████   ████████           ██████████
        ███    ████       ▄▄███████████
    ▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄██████████████████████▀
    ███████████████████████████████▀
████    ████████████████████████▀▀
████    ███████████████████▀▀▀
DIMCOIN   
❱❱❱  facebook  ❱❱❱  twitter  ❱❱❱  Telegram  ❱❱❱
.The Future of Equity on The Blockchain.
Marma Kalari

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

kittiefight.io Combat MMO Lending Jackpots

View Profile
February 08, 2017, 10:07:26 PM

in my opinion
thank you
Lets put it this way,no government will approve bitcoin to be used in their economy but the local business can accept bitcoin and if there are many people wanting to spend through bitcoin then it is a different story.Start considering it as a different currency like rest of the different fiat currencies we have and to set it straight bitcoin is real money.

▄ ▄▀▀▄  ▄
             ███████
   █████   ▄█▀▀█████▀▀█▄
 ███████████▄██████▄██
██████████████ ▄
██▄█████▄██▀█▀▀█▀██▄█
█▄██▀▄▄███▄█▀▀█▄▀█▀▄█▀▀█▄
 █████▄▀▀▄▀███████▀▄▀
   ▀██████▀▄▀▀▄███▄▀▀▄▀█
       ███▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██
        ▀▀▄████████████▄▀
           ▀▀▄███████▄▀
              ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
KittieFIGHT

Discord | Reddit | Linkedin
██████████████████████
█████████████▀▀▀██████
███ ▀███████     ▀▄███
███   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄████
████▄             ████
█████             ████
██████▄          █████
██████▀        ███████
██▀▀        ▄▄████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀▀██████
██████████▀     ██████
██████████   █████████
████████▀▀   ▀▀███████
████████       ███████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████   █████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀███
██████████▀▀▀      ███
████▀▀▀       ▄    ███
█▄         ▄█▀    ████
████▄▄   ▄█▀      ████
███████▄█▀       █████
█████████  ▄     █████
█████████ ███▄  ██████
██████████████████████
Kaznachej123

Activity: 882
Merit: 548

View Profile
February 09, 2017, 07:57:54 AM

Actually Difference between Bitcoin and real Monya in two words can not describe, because the people who are interested in Bitcoin need to re-read a few articles and a minumum watch two films about bitkoit of the film is very easy to understand information!  Wink
Seccerius

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 06:59:16 AM

Actually Difference between Bitcoin and real Monya in two words can not describe, because the people who are interested in Bitcoin need to re-read a few articles and a minumum watch two films about bitkoit of the film is very easy to understand information!  Wink
If we take only the essence of this question, we can say unequivocally that today bitcoin is not as demanded as real money. Almost all of humanity uses it of paper currency or by them in digital format.
Amph
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:05:45 AM

in my opinion
thank you

this doesn't make sense, 1 btc is always 1 btc, it's priced in usd to have a reference and to trade it, bitcoin is fungible, you can argue that it isn't because there are confiscated coins which may have a lower value on the market

there isn't such thing as "real money" everything that can be exchange for something else has a value, and it's value it decided by us if decentralized
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:17:13 AM

in my opinion
thank you
but i think it also happen in fiat some time the price of fiat fell down as compare to other fiat currency. and it is also true that   1 dollar is will remain 1 dollar and similarly 1 bitcoin will remain one bitcoin but its value changed from bitcoin to bitcoiin.
Fiat won't fall similar to bitcoin. Fall in value of fiat happens at times of demonetization or other internal market crisis. Same never occurs with bitcoin, it only varies in accordance to time. The fluctuation makes it worthier and better than fiat.
Zadicar
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1020

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:26:52 AM

in my opinion
thank you
Fiat won't fall similar to bitcoin. Fall in value of fiat happens at times of demonetization or other internal market crisis. Same never occurs with bitcoin, it only varies in accordance to time. The fluctuation makes it worthier and better than fiat.
Fiat wont really fall since it do have been used by people on how many years and been backed by government which we could say that fiat is stable and wont decrease its value no matter what unlike on bitcoin which we know the value is really volatile.

Legendary / Hero Member

EPSILOAN ██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
█████▄     ███████    ▄█████
███████     █████    ███████
███████ ▄    ███     ███████
███████ █▄    █ █    ███████
███████ ██▄    ██    ███████
███████ ███▄  ███    ███████
█████▀   ▀██▄███▀     ▀█████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
PhilPrime

Activity: 378

BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 07:36:21 AM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

you are not totally right because you can convert your money in doller but you can not trade with doller because the price of doller not goes down and up sharply but in btc there is sharp and big down and fall and increaee in the rate day per day happened . so bitcoin provides us a way to get better way for trading .
and second thing is the no. of people wants to buy btc are more than the dollet buyer .

Simply use bitcoin for its value is grater than dollar value. Follow decreasing its value while bitcoin increasing. In bitcoin we can easily to investment and depositing in different areas. Transactions were faster than the natural money sending using our fiat. I find bitcoin more beneficial in terms of transaction services than the normal transactions which needs energy and efforts.

00hash01

Activity: 114
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:12:36 AM

Even today I do not see much competition between Bitcoin and real money. Each of these currencies operates in its field. This is likely to governments and international financial institutions make problems.
poetra2501

Activity: 896

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 08:48:06 AM

If we take only the essence of this question, we can say unequivocally that today bitcoin is not as demanded as real money. Almost all of humanity uses it of paper currency or by them in digital format.
Until now I look that bitcoin has still not be called currency, but just as valuable items like a gold.
Because, bitcoin is still not accepted as official currency in Government. Bitcoin is still as a business for Bitcoin lover.
Ronxawala

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 09:31:10 AM

Until now I look that bitcoin has still not be called currency, but just as valuable items like a gold.
Because, bitcoin is still not accepted as official currency in Government. Bitcoin is still as a business for Bitcoin lover.
The fact of the matter is that bitcoin as gold valuable commodity and not currency. Money is the real currency and earn or multiply via bitcoin.
jonnybravo0411

Activity: 426

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 10:10:42 AM

in my opinion
thank you
Fiat wont really fall since it do have been used by people on how many years and been backed by government which we could say that fiat is stable and wont decrease its value no matter what unlike on bitcoin which we know the value is really volatile.
And some of the countries of their national currency, too, just not stable like bitcoin. Yet the real currency is more important for each person, even in those countries. Daily life requires the presence of Fiat and bitcoin only possibility and no more.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
mkmdoc

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

VIMee - Social Network

View Profile
February 12, 2017, 10:31:52 AM

Even today I do not see much competition between Bitcoin and real money. Each of these currencies operates in its field. This is likely to governments and international financial institutions make problems.

According to currency they are different but operating differently. Fiat is being controlled by the government and where as bitcoin is not controlled by the government. According to technology we have to adopt because many government are willing to support bitcoin technology but how far it goes we have to wait and see.

VIMee
Social Platform
|
  VIMee - Indonesia based Islamic Social Network
●   ANN THREAD   ●   WHITEPAPER   ●

|

▄█████▄   ▄▄
     ▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
     ████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
     ▐███████▄▄   ▐████████████
       ███████████████████████▌
     ▐████████████████████████
      ▀███████████████████████
        ▀████████████████████
        ████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████
           ▄█████████████▀
     ▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
       ▀▀█████████▀▀

▄▄▄█▄▄
                              ▄▄███▀▀▀ ██▌
                         ▄▄███▀▀▀     ▐██
                    ▄▄████▀▀          ██▌
               ▄▄████▀▀     ▄▄▀      ███
          ▄▄████▀▀       ▄█▀        ▐██
      ▄████▀▀         ▄██▀         ▄██
    ▐██▀          ▄▄███            ██▌
     ▀████▄▄▄ ▄▄████▀             ███
          ▀▀▀██████▄             ▄██
             ██▌ ▀▀█████▄▄       ██▀
              ██▄    ███▀▀████▄▄███
               ██▌ ▄██▀       ▀▀▀▀
                ████▀

▄▄█████████
         ▄██████████████
         █████████▀
         ████████▌
     ███████████████████
     ██████████████████▀
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████▌
         ████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: