Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:59:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Bitcoin and real money?  (Read 114802 times)
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:57:25 AM

I think is the price, real money fixed price, but the bitcoin is not fixed (can profit or loss), I think the modern financial system should be like bitcoin transactions, thereby making it easier
I think the same as bitcoin, real money has a rate to another currency. real money also need the price / rate. if it does not have a rate. of course the money would not be used for spending. and certainly can not be called real money

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vorth

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 12:30:25 PM

It is true there are lots of real money that were printed out of no where.  The money supply is to much that it deteriorates in value.  This is the difference between bitcoin and real money, Government can print infinite numbers of paper money while bitcoin is limited to 21M.  Not saying thousands of bitcoin are already lost on corrupted hard disks or damaged one.  So basically bitcoin would be less than 21m when it is fully mined.
btcdiggingmaster

Activity: 644

Transact Safer / Chase Better

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 01:32:56 PM

I didn't find any difference between bitcoin and real money. Real money is accepted everywhere, but bitcoin has not been accepted my countries. When comparison with real money bitcoin is more valuable, but have very limited stores and even in some countries bitcoin is still not accepted.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:07:09 PM

The major difference between Bitcoin and regular money such as regular currency would be the timing. Bitcoin requires a bunch of time to go by before the person could verify that they received the payment.
Currency is different because the payment is transferred immediately when it reaches the person. There isn't any verification needed with money though the term money is used nowadays a personal preference so this would all be pretty much a speculation at most.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
terrate

Activity: 362

Newbie in online currency , love learning

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:15:13 PM

bitcoin got transaction fee.
u might be find difficulty to buy and sell bitcoin depends on country.
bitcoin price will move up and down then real money. it may make your loss or profit on your own current a/c.

Sanekavg13

Activity: 285
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:23:36 PM

bitcoin got transaction fee.
u might be find difficulty to buy and sell bitcoin depends on country.
bitcoin price will move up and down then real money. it may make your loss or profit on your own current a/c.

I think the main difference is decentralization. The usual currency is issued only by the government.
But I'm sure that bitcoin can be bought in any country.
doesit

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 02:27:26 PM

well you work for real money that would be major point,its physical by many accounts.Real money create jobs since they are being invested.btc is more like medium between fiat=btc=fiat,closest you can compare it as some stock,think BTC more is like a service where people buy it either to gain easy asset transfer or speculate on it like forex.
andreibi
Legendary

Activity: 1647
Merit: 1012

Practising Hebrew before visiting Israel

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 03:48:29 PM

Money is a paper currency which is printed and not mined. It is issued in proportion to amount of gold a country holds as a reserve.

Ah, you're wrong there. The gold standard has completely been abandoned in 1971. It's replaced by a basket of fiat reserves (USD, CNY, EUR, etc) but mostly by USD reserves.

For example, you want to exchange Singaporean dollars, their central bank are obligated to exchange it to any of the fiat reserves, but most of time, it's exchanged for USD.

That's why central banks have large reserves of foreign fiat so that they are able to absorb overwhelming demand to exchange local currency.

In the case of the U.S., dollars are backed by the “full faith and credit”  Wink of the U.S. Government (also military).

Bitcoins are backed by demand from cypherpunks and speculators.

rivoke
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:51:28 PM

well you work for real money that would be major point,its physical by many accounts.Real money create jobs since they are being invested.btc is more like medium between fiat=btc=fiat,closest you can compare it as some stock,think BTC more is like a service where people buy it either to gain easy asset transfer or speculate on it like forex.

since bitcoin is shapeless than bitcoin are free for being stolen from burglar , just protect your private key from hacker
bitcoin also can be use for investation also currency compare using fiat only for transaction purpose
232drialf

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:42:13 PM

since bitcoin is shapeless than bitcoin are free for being stolen from burglar , just protect your private key from hacker
bitcoin also can be use for investation also currency compare using fiat only for transaction purpose

Bitcoin digital form, amount limited just 21M and low fee when transaction, very different with real money.
blackhawkeye1912

Activity: 784

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:05:10 PM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day?
Its up to you if you like to do some trade or to do some gambling online using bitcoin.

Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
Because there is a volatility or bouncing happen in the market it can be down or up.

What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars?
They are both use payment electronically in online.

What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?
 that's why online gambling adopt bitcoin in their site because it doesn't need any taxes.

deppil

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:40:23 PM

Real money is accepted by all the nations but bitcoin is not accepted by many nations so it is difficult to use it in our daily usage. Another thing we do not know  who is the source for this coin but in the cause of real money every government is the source of that country currency. 
its true. but this may be different in the future but at least bitcoin own rate and can be exchanged in different currencies and you can do a spending thereafter. bitcoin I think the same as real money
Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2017, 12:00:24 AM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

We can see the btc while real money does.but both we are able to use it as our curency and buy our foods from it and investing on it is very good idea also.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Indrawan77

Activity: 1274
Merit: 516

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:01:53 AM

Real money is accepted by all the nations but bitcoin is not accepted by many nations so it is difficult to use it in our daily usage. Another thing we do not know  who is the source for this coin but in the cause of real money every government is the source of that country currency. 
its true. but this may be different in the future but at least bitcoin own rate and can be exchanged in different currencies and you can do a spending thereafter. bitcoin I think the same as real money

I think it's the opposite, I think bitcoin is accepted in world wide, the reason why bitcoin still not hasn't been accepted in many country because bitcoin still not too famous, but when everybody is already familiar with bitcoin and inplemented it, bitcoin will be world wide currency and fiat is not always accepted in all country, sometimes you need to exchange it first before you can used in other country
TTMNewsK

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:32:01 AM

There are so many differences between bitcoin and in the real money. Real money is accepted everywhere but the btc doesn't. But there's a lot of good stuffs in btc that's why there are a lot of people who still believes that soon, the whole universe will definitely welcome and accepts the bitcoin. Smiley
One thing why I love btc rather than in real money, is that you can use it in online as an alternative for the real money. Isn't amazing? Smiley
phr0stbyt3

Activity: 672

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:43:03 AM

You basically can't differentiate between the 2 as both have there own features.
If you see the price of currency doesn't change while the price of bitcoin keeps increasing and decreasing.
People use currency to buy stuffs from groceries while bitcoin isn't adopted for activities like this.
Plus currency can be printed so in general it has unlimited supply while bitcoin has high demand but supply is less
sobsitesearch

Activity: 406

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:24:32 AM

For me we can differentiate this two by investing, real money for the bank and real money to bitcoin.
Investing real money will give you small profit but less risk because you can see where you put your money.
Investing in bitcoin is much better income but you take high risk on this coin.
kenesu

Activity: 272

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 03:31:20 AM

Bitcoin is digital currency however there are countries who accept them (eventually my country "PH" have some merchants who accepts them. I hope so in near future all the country will accept this digital currency for change.
FlightyPouch

Activity: 1638
Merit: 300

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:27:08 AM

Bitcoin is digital currency however there are countries who accept them (eventually my country "PH" have some merchants who accepts them. I hope so in near future all the country will accept this digital currency for change.

I think you just define what is bitcoin though, you did not compare it to the Fiat which the OP is expecting. Bitcoin is a digital currency which is intangible to us users, while fiats are real and tangible to us users which mean you can touch it. Bitcoin is not really accepted by some stores because of it's volatility and they are afraid of not having profit from it. There are still problems about these digital currency and must be formulated a solution before the users inflated and convert their bitcoin to other altcoin.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████     
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████   
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
!
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 06:47:12 AM

actually bitcoin can also be regarded as real money because you can shop with bitcoin like to pay with real money. but bitcoin can also be used as a commodity, that makes the difference
Pages: « 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 [58] 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: