Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:12:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 167 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Difference between Bitcoin and real money?  (Read 114802 times)
choppork

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:37:06 PM

There are lot many differences between btc and paper money,
But biggest one is bitcoin is decentralized and its full supported by its market. It is great to have that kind of money in this age.

I agree with this, being decentralize of bitcoin is the best difference of it to fiat or money, which makes bitcoin so unique and trying to beat by other coins Cheesy . Also the support of the people of earning it is so different to real one.

Bitcoin definitely holds higher features and benefits in compare to real money as real money will never grow in future due to the inflation rate but the value of bitcoins keeps on increasing over a period of time so its better to save money in bitcoins and not in fiat.

Bitcoin is booming currency in the digital world. And the benefits of bitcoin is more attracting to compare real money. It is growing day by day very fast and becoming more popular in all country. The disadvantage is it is illegal in many countries and we can not use it for real world. Other than this it is far better than fiat currency.

What exactly did you mean by "real world" because as far as I know, this is the real world. Did you mean in offline mode? Did you mean we can't have a transaction without the use of the Internet? If so, you can possibly do that but you have to take risks. You can do off-chain transaction like you meeting up with someone and then he'll give you the private keys of an address with the bitcoin you agreed before meeting up.

The risk is that he can turn on his mobile data and quickly send the money to another address, since he still has control of the address that he's given you because he knows the private key.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███░░░░░░█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██████░░░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
paul gatt

Activity: 896

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:46:04 PM

But biggest one is bitcoin is decentralized and its full supported by its market. It is great to have that kind of money in this age.

I agree with this, being decentralize of bitcoin is the best difference of it to fiat or money, which makes bitcoin so unique and trying to beat by other coins Cheesy . Also the support of the people of earning it is so different to real one.
Also, Bitcoin cannot to forged or corrupted as happened on fiat money.
Although for now the Bitcoin has yet to gain the trust of all countries to adopt this as
official currency like fiat money now, but I think Bitcoin is better than fiat money in this century.

Exactly, I really like what you have said or posted that bitcoin cannot be corrupted. I guess this is what we really need, it is not easily be hack ad steal by others like in fiat, easily as snapped Smiley

Yes its not easy to hack or steal bitcoins from your wallet as they are very much sitting safe there and the other benefit of having bitcoins is that you can carry any amount of bitcoins in your wallet and no one will be aware about it.

Bitcoin is really safe for all of us, if it is dangerous, it's the way you use it. Because bitcoin has a very secure transaction and storage system in offline wallets, however, if you use some dirty web sites, they will probably attach the virus there, and it will infiltrate the device. There are a lot of different viruses, but they will surely lose your entire money.
daxiake

Activity: 688

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:50:34 PM

Although for now the Bitcoin has yet to gain the trust of all countries to adopt this as
official currency like fiat money now, but I think Bitcoin is better than fiat money in this century.

Exactly, I really like what you have said or posted that bitcoin cannot be corrupted. I guess this is what we really need, it is not easily be hack ad steal by others like in fiat, easily as snapped Smiley

Yes its not easy to hack or steal bitcoins from your wallet as they are very much sitting safe there and the other benefit of having bitcoins is that you can carry any amount of bitcoins in your wallet and no one will be aware about it.

Bitcoin is really safe for all of us, if it is dangerous, it's the way you use it. Because bitcoin has a very secure transaction and storage system in offline wallets, however, if you use some dirty web sites, they will probably attach the virus there, and it will infiltrate the device. There are a lot of different viruses, but they will surely lose your entire money.

Its better not to get into those scammy websites who will promise us to double our coins in quick time and there are many other sites that sounds phishy so in that case you need to be very active that you don't enter such a place which can harm your bitcoins.
Kolder

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:55:41 PM

That's why there's a need to secure our address and pins as much as possible it is only you who opens and monitored it, Research the most active and used wallet that offers security and doesn't have high fees.

BitGikI

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 03:00:42 PM

theres no diffrence, just the laws wasnt set right from now on so its kind of a grey zone for now but dont worry it will be accepted as a currency worldwide sooner then you think
abstractednerve

Activity: 752

Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 04:22:22 PM

That's why there's a need to secure our address and pins as much as possible it is only you who opens and monitored it, Research the most active and used wallet that offers security and doesn't have high fees.

Electrum wallet is the best place to store your bitcoins as it has some really great safety features that keeps your bitcoins really safe in your wallet and there is also an option to add higher fees while sending bitcoins which will help in getting transaction confirm faster.

▄▄██████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████▌ ██████████▄
▄████████▀       ▀███████▄
▄████████  ▄██████▄████████▄
█████████  ▀██▀  ▄██████████
▐██████████▄     ▀███████████▌
▐█████████████  ▄  ▀█████████▌
█████████████ ▐██  █████████
▀████████▀██████▀  ████████▀
▀███████▄       ▄████████▀
▀██████████▌ ██████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀██████████▀▀
.$martFund.

▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
▀       ▀
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█      ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
   ▀█▀   █    ▄▀       ▀
▄   █   ▄█▄   █▀▄▄   ▄▄▀
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█   ▀█▀   
     █▄       ▄▄   █   ▄█▄
     █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀ █ ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀
     █    █    █    █▄       ▄█
  ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▄▄▀▀▀▄▄ █ ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀
▀       ▀▀       ▀    █   
▀▄▄   ▄▄▀▀▄▄   ▄▄▀█▀▄▄ █ ▄▄
   ▀█▀      ▀█▀   █   ▀▀▀
▄   █   ▄▄   █   ▄
  ▀▀▄█▄▀▀   ▀▀▄█▄▀▀
..One-stop Blockchain..
..Investment Solution..
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

deisik
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1280

English ⬄ Russian Translation Services

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2017, 06:33:46 PM

The risk is that he can turn on his mobile data and quickly send the money to another address, since he still has control of the address that he's given you because he knows the private key

Such issues can be easily prevented

People who engage in offline transactions big time (like dozens of bitcoins) use Opendime devices. If you haven't heard of them before, they are basically USB sticks which could be written only once and they keep the private key inside, so even the owner doesn't know it. He just sends bitcoins to the public address of this stick and gives the stick to his counterparty who can then extract the key (aftet that device is no longer usable). Thereby the risk of a "double-spend" is totally eliminated, at least, as long as the Opendime device is authentic and it hasn't been tampered with (though the latter is unlikely)

YTBitcoin

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 10:58:58 PM

The best thing in bitcoin is that for saving, storing and securing we do not need any third party but we ourselves are the banks of our money if we have bitcoin and we can secure them like the banks are securing it and no one is able to steal that from our wallet.
Monnt
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:25:08 PM

why you should prefere bitcoin at real money? to escape bank sistem and become your bank by yourself "BE YOUR OWN BANK" and why not your transactions are a little more anonimous that those with real money
I think here is not told to choose between real money and bitcoin. you can use them, the question is what is the difference between bitcoin and real money

The first thing that differentiates bitcoin from the real money is that a bit coin is a virtual currency and we don’t know what sort of reserves is settled for to generate a new bitcoin. Even if, not sure whether there is any such mechanism or not? While the real money is issued by a regulatory body is has its mechanism of while being issued, gold equal to the value of issued notes is kept as reserves.
macartem

Activity: 676
Merit: 319

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 07:40:24 PM

Both are currencies. Bitcoin is a digital currency and other local currencies we are using is normal currency with which we can purchase or do anything we need.
FasTroy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 10:46:35 PM

Both are currencies. Bitcoin is a digital currency and other local currencies we are using is normal currency with which we can purchase or do anything we need.
Yes, I agree with you, This is the main difference between Bitcoin and real money.
One is physic and the other is virtual, but when we talk about the value of each one we can say it's same (I mean money can spend and use). There is a lot of differences, like a price volatility as an exemple. but the final conclusion says that: Both are currencies.

--DarkSecrets--

Activity: 854

Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!

View Profile
April 19, 2017, 11:11:17 PM

Yes ,both are currencies but in differentiated Real money have a wide use both online and offline transaction unlike bitcoins now it is only exist in online payment and transactions. Bitcoin is not a normal currency by seeing its features and uses online well it is an extraordinary currency in base point of price volatility.

`^cder.         
          '-`ryRQQ#@@#O}-       
       .)ydi`!]PQQ#@@@@@#d}!   
  `:'`rU9660ZL:')TZ@@@@@@####O)
  `lVx<,:xWg@@@#g)iQB##@@##@@@M
  `lVcyWRBsy@@Q8Z*iQQQQB##@@@@M
  `x|G#@@@m)T<:<v~iB##@@#QQB#@M
     `)I$#m,-' `>]ZB#@@@#QQQB#3
  .>LKlxxxx_`<YUaKOQQQB#BB####P
:V5MMMTx^=*` .~xeaOQQg$RB@@@##P
 .<}ab*' .QQK\_`;<YMRO66B@@@@B}
     .`  .Q#@#Q3v`rcvvY3B#Mx_   
         .OKx*rxv`x66OX]=`     
               .!`xRdyr,       
                  !<'

IoTeX

▬▬INTERNET OF TRUSTED THINGS.▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬▬BECOME A MEMBER TODAY▬▬▬.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██   
  ▐██▌                       
   █▌

TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
TELEGRAM
FORUM
BITCOINTALK
Joshapat

Activity: 1526
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 04:51:11 AM

I think is the same, bitcoin and real money we can use to the transaction. But if asked, I will select the bitcoin, with bitcoin can we receive and send to the rest of the world more quickly and cheaply.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Mumbeeptind1963

Activity: 1190
Merit: 568

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 04:48:59 PM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

We can touch ,smell and see the real money you may also taste it if you want. the main difference between them is that. we cannot see bitcoin and we cannot touch it unlike the real money but both we can use it to buy our needs.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
poetra2501

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:21:51 PM

I've discovered Bitcoin few days ago, but I am skeptical about few things, why would I invest money in Bitcoins at the end of the day,why would I convert money into Bitcoins?

If I want to buy stocks or invest money I can easily invest with real $. Why would I convert my $ to bitcoins?
If I want to gamble , I can simply gamble on websites that require $ as currency, why would I convert it to bitcoins?
What's the difference between Bitcoins and dolars? What does bitcoin bring to the table that real $ don't, less taxes, more income?

We can touch ,smell and see the real money you may also taste it if you want. the main difference between them is that. we cannot see bitcoin and we cannot touch it unlike the real money but both we can use it to buy our needs.
I think, that's the uniqueness and specialness of Bitcoin. Not shaped, we cannot see,
but was able to buy something. Even we can  send out of the country very quickly.
That makes me love to Bitcoin is the decentralized system, That is not owned by real money.
AK47-

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:33:11 PM

The bitcoin is most likely beyond the reach of financial institutions, which is not the case with money. It is usually individual's money not of country's. Moreover long term outlook is that it will increase in value compared to the real money. It will act as investment. Your money isn't sitting idle. It will increase.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:37:56 PM

I think is the same, bitcoin and real money we can use to the transaction. But if asked, I will select the bitcoin, with bitcoin can we receive and send to the rest of the world more quickly and cheaply.

Still you could find the difference between the bitcoin and fiat currency. We need to find the more adoption in use to compare with the fiat currencies. For all these bitcoin need to be legal currency by international controllable countries like USA, UK, Russia, China and etc. Once its been done, you can transfer the bitcoin with low fees as like now.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 05:41:57 PM

Bitcoin cannot be compared with money as it seems to me more as a commodity which is being used to profit through, whereas fiat cannot be made to make more fiat and that is the major difference which makes bitcoins more liquid as well as valuable. It feels great to sell such a virtual thing for our own prices, and saying so, I mean that I can sell my coins at a price few bucks higher than what is currently on that gets me something more which is not possible with out fiat as they will be valued the same as to what is written on paper.
iMaster

Activity: 135
Merit: 14

View Profile
April 20, 2017, 06:17:03 PM

There are lots of difference and lots of feature bitcoin have than traditional real money/digital currency. One of the most important is privacy, anonymity and second one is decentralized currency system so that no any government or authority can stop bitcoin or can steal/block/track your money if it is stored in bitcoin. You will be the only one who have access to move those bitcoin with the help of private key of your bitcoin address.
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2017, 07:27:04 PM

I've been using bitcoin since 2014 and i will say that bitcon is more profitable than earning from descent job from office where you can get money bitcoin there are chance that bitcoin can be grow when you are stocking them into your wallet money is you just ready to spend them or put into bank with 1% interest of it in bitcoin you can do activities like trading , gambling , and investmenst.

Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 167 »
  Print  

Jump to: