Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:34:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: First BFL ASIC!  (Read 58260 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 02:00:11 AM

If you have requested a refund for a pre-order and have not received a timely response, please consider filing a complaint with the FTC:
https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/FTC_Wizard.aspx?Lang=en

I found this letter interesting.  BF Labs registration report to the State of Missouri is past due, and they will lose their ability legally to conduct business in the state if it is not filed by May 4th, 2013.  It's the second document on this page:
https://www.sos.mo.gov/BusinessEntity/soskb/Filings.asp?3402461
BFL has been doing business in Leawood, Kansas for many months now.

...Not that I believe they aren't scamming everyone.

This is a fact. They are in a new remodeled location of which as of to this day a permit was NEVER filed to do all the extensive changes that has been documented on both forums.

I guess we could thank them for fucking their beloved local economy by not paying the fee, but with the money saved they'll be able to honor the $140,000 USD, and climbing since it's pegged to BTC, to charity much easier.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 06:04:49 AM

If you have requested a refund for a pre-order and have not received a timely response, please consider filing a complaint with the FTC:

I found this letter interesting.  BF Labs registration report to the State of Missouri is past due, and they will lose their ability legally to conduct business in the state if it is not filed by May 4th, 2013.  It's the second document on this page:

This is a fact. They are in a new remodeled location of which as of to this day a permit was NEVER filed to do all the extensive changes that has been documented on both forums.

I guess we could thank them for fucking their beloved local economy by not paying the fee, but with the money saved they'll be able to honor the $140,000 USD, and climbing since it's pegged to BTC, to charity much easier.

http://buildingcodes.jocogov.org/
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2013, 06:28:30 AM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 06:44:48 AM by Phinnaeus Gage

I found this letter interesting.  BF Labs registration report to the State of Missouri is past due, and they will lose their ability legally to conduct business in the state if it is not filed by May 4th, 2013.  It's the second document on this page:

Nary a permit! Without a permit, the city has no idea of what's going on in the building. At least they're in the same boat as BFL's customers.

What do you guys make here?

Short of giving you a quarter so that you can buy a clue, we make vaporware that mines virtual currency for our anonymous investors.

Are you incorporated?

Yes. In Wyoming.

Can we speak with the president of the company?

Sure, as soon as he gets back from the 7-11 buying a lott... a lott... a lot of Pepsi, for we're having a party later this afternoon, entertaining a miner from outta state.

What's in all those boxes?

Parts being returned, in fact a swarm of locust will be here any time now to pick them up to bring them to the post office.

What the heck is that?

You never seen a chicken before?

No, next to the chicken?

A box of fans.

What's it used for?

You truly don't have a clue, do you?

What are those big machines over there?

Props.

I'm afraid that I'm goin' have to...

Here's an envelop.

...say that everything looks pretty legit. Have a nice day, Josh.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 08:18:30 AM

I found this letter interesting.  BF Labs registration report to the State of Missouri is past due, and they will lose their ability legally to conduct business in the state if it is not filed by May 4th, 2013.  It's the second document on this page:

Nary a permit! Without a permit, the city has no idea of what's going on in the building. At least they're in the same boat as BFL's customers.

What do you guys make here?

Short of giving you a quarter so that you can buy a clue, we make vaporware that mines virtual currency for our anonymous investors.

Are you incorporated?

Yes. In Wyoming.

Can we speak with the president of the company?

Sure, as soon as he gets back from the 7-11 buying a lott... a lott... a lot of Pepsi, for we're having a party later this afternoon, entertaining a miner from outta state.

What's in all those boxes?

Parts being returned, in fact a swarm of locust will be here any time now to pick them up to bring them to the post office.

What the heck is that?

You never seen a chicken before?

No, next to the chicken?

A box of fans.

What's it used for?

You truly don't have a clue, do you?

What are those big machines over there?

Props.

I'm afraid that I'm goin' have to...

Here's an envelop.

...say that everything looks pretty legit. Have a nice day, Josh.

I don't even care anymore and assume my BTC spent on the SC Single I ordered went the way of pirate@40 and Hashking but that little skit killed me. Thanks for the laugh Grin
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4522
Merit: 1844

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:03:15 PM

OK I'll post a different bit of info ... I'll blame Luke for their current delay Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg1761395#msg1761395

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 12:56:00 PM

OK I'll post a different bit of info ... I'll blame Luke for their current delay Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=28402.msg1761395#msg1761395
Too bad you have no clue what you're talking about, eh?

marra

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 01:59:58 PM

BFL still doesn't have a confirmed working ASIC device.

They just bought time with all this threads and flames at forum.

$1 = 1 satoshi  ☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☲☳☱☷☷☳☲☰☰☰☰☲☳☳
☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☷☷☳☲☰☰☱☲☳☲☳☷☷☳☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☳☲☰☰☱☲☲☳☷☷☳☰☱☲☳
nathanrees19

Activity: 196

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:18:18 PM

red text makes it true
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:29:46 PM

red text makes it true

They sure might have one ...ONE;).... And the flamewar gives them MONEY because stupid people order like shit before reading?!

What makes you so sure that they are legit? 

BR0KK

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:32:05 PM

red text makes it true

They sure might have one ...ONE;).... And the flamewar gives them MONEY because stupid people order like shit before reading?!

What makes you so sure that they are legit? 

Maybe he's just BFL Josh with a sockpuppet account?

or some sort of paied BFL shill :/

Or he truly believes in this. Kind of like creationists Cheesy BFLism much?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:35:14 PM
Last edit: April 08, 2013, 02:52:02 PM by Matthew N. Wright

With a community full of cultist libertards and emotionally invested manchildren, it wouldn't surprise me if there were more than a handful of uninformed people still willing to pledge allegiance to an impossible odd. Afterall, this is the community where dreams are promoted and then broken, but everyone is using a sockpuppet so they're not forced to actually learn from their mistakes, so who gives a shit, right?

EDIT: Not 24 hours ago a dude sent a complete stranger with no history and no information, $1000 on Paypal because he "trusted" him. Believe it, they exist, and instead of facing reason and learning healthy skepticism (not abuse), they deal with it by claiming it as a sacrifice to Father Bitcoin. No thanks, BFL has had plenty of time to bring more than images and promises to market. There is now nothing different between them and dank asking for loans for a seastead. At least dank was backing his word with his soul.

EDIT 2: Turns out he backed out of his promise to give his soul, so yea, same.

marra

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:47:52 PM

red text makes it true

wtf?

Please post independent confirmation of a working device if you want me to stop posting this.

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:51:54 PM

red text makes it true

wtf?

BFL could send some of the BFL shills around here a flaming turd in a box of fans and they'd say "thank you sir, may I have another?".

"DUDE! BFL just doubled their prices, sextupled their power consumption, cut hashrates, and announced more delays! AWESOME, I'M DOUBLING UP!" Roll Eyes

nathanrees19

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:56:25 PM

red text makes it true

wtf?

Please post independent confirmation of a working device if you want me to stop posting this.

I don't fucking care what you post, but I find it hilarious that you use red text to boost the truthiness.
marra

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 02:58:41 PM

red text makes it true

wtf?

I don't fucking care what you post, but I find it hilarious that you use red text to boost the truthiness.

Shame on BFL, all you do over here is posting profanity, still no confirmation of a working asic product. Perhaps there is none.

I don't use red to boost the truthines, but rather to bring to attention.

nathanrees19

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:03:48 PM

Creationists believe that an all-powerful all-knowing man in the sky deliberately created an earth packed full of the shit that he hates.

It's a bit absurd to compare that to a belief like "BFL royally fucked the power usage but has something working despite jesus's shitty fork miner code".
nathanrees19

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:07:57 PM

Shame on BFL

I'm not BFL you moron.

all you do over here is posting profanity

All you do is repeat the same red text saying "there's no confirmation" despite there being moderate levels of confirmation. Enough "confirmation" for a criminal trial? Fuck no, but the preponderance of the evidence points to real but shitty ASICs.

still no confirmation of a working asic product

It's going to be fucking hilarious in 6 months when they finally ship.
marra

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:11:59 PM

Moderate confirmation? Hmmm is it like moderate pregnance?

BR0KK

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:30:01 PM

Shame on BFL

I'm not BFL you moron.

All you do is repeat the same red text saying "there's no confirmation" despite there being moderate levels of confirmation. Enough "confirmation" for a criminal trial? Fuck no, but the preponderance of the evidence points to real but shitty ASICs.

you do not see a problem with 6 month from now?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 08, 2013, 03:31:20 PM

Shame on BFL

I'm not BFL you moron.

you do not see a problem with 6 month from now?

This is where the argument can get confusing for some. The issue isn't "Will they ever ship, EVER", it's "will the highly speculative product be worth the risk after all the gold has already been mined?".

They advertised made-to-order shovels, but they're waiting until after the gold rush is over to provide them it seems.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: